[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any possible proof that any of H.P. Lovecraft's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24KB, 285x352px) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24KB, 285x352px
Is there any possible proof that any of H.P. Lovecraft's work is actually real?

Besides the fact that he has a very unsettling look to him and that the bloop was recorded 160,000km to where R'lyeh is said to be

Has he predicted anything, or had any impossible knowledge for his time period?

If so I intend to read all his books
>>
>>19490977
No. He was a writer of fiction. But you should try out his work regardless, in case you come across something you enjoy.
>>
>>19490977
the bloop was icecaps shifting nothing unusual just that this one was especially loud.

He has predicted nothing, he was a writer of fiction and all in all a gigantic racist robot.

Wrote some really good short stories tho. He feeds on the primal fear of the unkown unexplainable that theres something so insanely bigger than humanity that we are just tiny little insects in the whole picture.
Mountain of Madness shows that really well.
>>
>>19490982
are there any authors that do then, my man?
>>
>>19490977
How old and how new are you faggot?
>>
>>19491009
>my man
Kill yourself
>>
>>19491012
>>19491014
are you okay
>>
>>19490977
I have some theories about the life and work of Lovecraft, but i don't know if OP is even around now.
>>
>>19490977
>160,000km

What
>>
>>19491021
No, the fire rises.
>>
>>19490977
No. Cosmic horror is allegorical.
>>
>>19491047
Op is a fucking idiot teenager.
>>
>>19490977
Most ancient cultures reference old gods, and if you go by the /x/ theories, they existed and are the origins of angels, demons, and such as well.
However, Lovecraft was a very scared man, so he might have took all that and created his own vision of it.
In real myth, old things were sometimes terrible too, but less nightmarish and insanity driving than Lovecraft's works.
>>
Might be unrelated but does anyone know of authors similar to Lovecraft? I only know of Ligotti and ordered a collection of his short stories
>>
>>19490977
He described how the Lower realms looks like. But he tried to approach the feeling of the lowest vibration you had to encounter when interacting with these lower realms.

But remember that As Above, So Below. The Void is the Lowest and the Highest realm simultaneously.
>>
>>19491003
>muh racism
Oh noes he disliked nogs we better start crying you guize
>>
>>19491065
Arthur Machen, Algernon Blackwood, Clark Ashton Smith.
>>
>>19491527
How can you be triggered by some one mentioning he was a racist?
>>
>>19492029
Why are you triggered by someone else being triggered?
>>
>>19491527
>>19492029
>>19492279
This exchange is triggering me.
>>
>>19492279
Why are you so triggered by someone else being triggered by someone else?
>>
>>19492307
This
>>
File: 1501875128799.png (449KB, 1239x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1501875128799.png
449KB, 1239x1239px
>>
File: bigfrighten.png (243KB, 404x507px) Image search: [Google]
bigfrighten.png
243KB, 404x507px
>>
>>19492449
>niggers
Lovecraft confirmed origin of the memetic singularity. We're all echoing things he did and thought.
>>
>>19491065
not on the same level but you might like the welcome to nightvale podcast/books/live shows.
>>
>>19491527
If you're a racist you should be proud of him because he beat you to your delusions by almost a 100 years.
>>
>>19492449
Came here to post that pic. Think about how unspeakably horrible it would be to live around nogs. I used to live in the hood and it's bad.
>>
>>19492000
>>19492481
Thank you both, looks like I will have quite some things to check out!
>>
>>19491468
K sure m8
>>
>>19490977
lovecrafts books take some basic concepts from the necronomicon distort them and then tell a story that has nothing to do with the source material

it combines both aliens (ancient ones and elder gods) and supernatural like astral projection and even mind swapping with otherworldly beings

im not a avid fan of his work but there is a interesting story about swapping minds with beings across the space time to collect data on everything and some adventurer guy finding something that triggers it and he was stuck in some alien body for a while writing down what he knew while these ancient polyp monsters from space were locked in some dungeon on earth and the true end of the world is in the distant future with intelligent giant spiders being the last to stand against the hordes of the abyss. when he gets back to his body he finds his wife left him and he was acting crazy saying giberish and made some odd machine while he was "out of it" and finds some archeologist who recalls something of his alleged account and he finds the "hall of knowledge" place was on earth and apparently in the past and the dungeon of polyps was also on earth and he releases them by accident trying to find proof he wasnt crazy which he does find his records he was forced to write
>>
>>19493839
The Shadow Out of Time. Re-reading it now; fucking awesome, by the way. I think it's his most creative work by far.
>>
>>19493839
>from the necronomicon
Nigger, Lovecraft invented the necronomicon Al hazred is Lovecraft's alias.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.