[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a vegetarian? Why? What are any spiritual caveats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: enhanced-buzz-3104-1347566610-4.jpg (340KB, 625x703px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-3104-1347566610-4.jpg
340KB, 625x703px
Are you a vegetarian? Why?

What are any spiritual caveats to eating meat?
>>
>>19487903
any restriction imposed by a spiritual or religious system is spurious, the way is to do as you will.
>>
>>19487903
You give it your own meaning.
If you believe you grow stronger by consuming meat, you will.
If you believe you are making the world a better place by being vegetarian, you are.

Even if you don't believe in spirituality, it does have a deep psychological impact (placebo among other things, but there's much more than just that);
and hence intricately permeates and affects your life from that point onward.

Technically from moral standpoint it's better to eat meat as not eating it means that creature's life has been for naught, but let's not mix morality into this shall we.
>>
>>19487903
I only eat fish as far as meat goes. It's mainly because a ton of our crops goes to feed animals thus creating a serious issue with energy transfer. Those crops should be feeding humans and driving down prices so everyone can eat. I don't like factory farms either, seeing animals lined up like the holocaust gets to me. They know what's happening. I don't look down on people for eating meat but that is senseless, that animal gave its life for you, show a little respect.
>>19487923
The people of the world having this viewpoint are stains on society. You are going to take and take from the earth until there's nothing left. Having this viewpoint is so selfish to others and future generations it almost makes me sick.
>>
>>19487937
Eating meat is more moral than abstaining from it?

I disagree. Given how horribly animals are treated (at least when mass produced in factories) I say vegans and vegetarians have the moral high ground.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayGJ1YSfDXs
>>
>>19487903
The beast will be avenged mate. Know this. Otherwise God is evil and rewards selfishness and murder. Anyone who said it was okay in the Bible was a wrecker working for the Anti-Christ. Stands to reason.
>>
>>19487923
>fell for the intellectually-vacuous, self-aggrandizing ramblings of a spoiled English aristocrat.
>>
reduced it very much and mostly buy it directly from farmes who slaughter at home. Don't care if it's faggish. Have heard and seen so many horrible things when it comes to meat production.
And I also believe meat from poorly nurtured tortured animals is not healthy for body and soul.
In China they throw dogs into boiling water and skin animals alive. That can't be good for your Karma. It can't be right. Animals feel angst and pain as we do and we holocaust them in billions every year. Dunno if that will strike back one day.
Eating meat is not the problem but I think we should have more respect for the creature. Watch the movie earthlings.
Also not good for enviroment. With the food a cow feeds until she gets slaughtered you can feed more humans than you could feed with that cow.
>>
free range stuff is more ethical than auschwitz farms. abstaining from meat is ethical yeah but bacon is love. don't listen to kebabs they're just mad cause moHAMmed ate spoiled pork once and got sick and wild dogs killed some goats of theirs.
>>
>>19487903
Yes.
>>
>>19487923
>>19488823
Can ones will not be to refrain from harming/killing/consuming animals?
way to completely misinterpret the teachings
>>
>>19487903
I want some sheep and or lamb chops
>>
>>19487903
Yes. I do it mostly because of animal cruelty.
I feel like it makes me healthier and more empathetic. Also less hypocritical for loving animals now.
>>
>>19487903
If you only eat meat grown on your farm, kill the animal humanely, and butcher it with minimal waste you don't need much for the family. It puts you in touch with the animals and you're more appreciative and respectful of that animal. I sleep well at night and so does my family.
>>
File: apologist bongo.jpg (107KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
apologist bongo.jpg
107KB, 600x751px
>>19487903

Yes.
I value not-murdering higher than I value tongue-entertainment.

I am trying to remove hypocrisy from my life: I claim to be an animal lover, so I set them free (by not paying someone to enslave, rape, torture and murder them for me to then buy and eat their charred, rotting, cancer-causing flesh-of-the-innocent)
Good luck evolving spiritually while knowingly causing harm to others, it's like you don't even know how to Love.
>>
>>19487903
I've heard that meat supposedly dulls your psychic senses
>>
>>19487903

>>19490433
>>19490679

Eating meat ties your soul more to the earthly, worldly, material plane.
To eat meat requires than you learn to deaden your sensitivity to the suffering inherent to it's production, to be defensive to challenge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2GL3NAWQU

A vegan diet elevate you more towards the ethereal.
You can see more clearly because you no longer blind yourself with denial nor block the information flows that could inform you, and start the outflow of compassionate love for all.

Just living on air and sunlight is even better.
>>
vegetarians are selfish scum who want cows, pigs and chickens (and any other animal only kept alive for prpduce) to be extinct. there are currently bout 70billion chickens and billions of cows/pigs that are only alive in the world because of farms, or they would be extinct, only saved by meat eaters

meat eaters on the other hand give a safe place for animals to leave and they fund their existence until the animals are killed after livin lives they never would have and they never would have survived on their own and their species would also be extinct
>>
>>19490736
lol wut? You only want them to exist to eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner
>>
>>19490736
topkek
nature makes things extinct for a reason
thou shalt not mess with lady eris, lest you want it to be the end of your sERIeS
>>
>>19490736
also everything you listed would have only gone extinct because of humans
>>
>>19487903
You know, I've never thought about it.. But if I was a genuinely spiritual person, it'd be disgusting to eat animals. Imagine being haunted by a dismembered pig after eating a hotdog.

As it is, I love the taste of meat and am only vaguely spiritual.
>>
Does anyone know about the health impacts of going vegetarian? That's the only thing holding me back from it.
>>
>>19490926
Nothing as far as I know. Make sure you get your nutrients and you're good. Animals aren't a necessity in today's society.
>>
File: healthy.jpg (12KB, 236x187px) Image search: [Google]
healthy.jpg
12KB, 236x187px
>>19490926
Soooo much benefit.
I'm not going to do the research for you, you'll only believe it if you do it yourself.
Spend some time actually searching the internet for the answer to the question "What are the health benefits of eating a plant based diet?" And then search for the opposite to cross-check and then the counter to that also, and so on.

Here's some hints:
-dietary fibre, only plants have it.
-no more foreign animal proteins causing inflammation by triggering immune response - less cancer.
-More antioxidants, less carcinogens.
-more easily bio-available micronutrients
-evolutionarily, humans were fruit-eaters that evolved to be able to survive eating animals - with the small side effects of ageing faster and getting cancer after reproductive age.
-look at video interviews with Raw Vegans. They are 60 year old's that look 25.
-toxins accumulate up the food chain: plants hold very few toxins, apex predators (eg tuna) contain the most.
-Only a well planned diet, vegan or carnist, can provide all the nutrients you need, yet only the plant based one has the lowest toxin levels.
>>
>>19490946
What about nutrients like carnitine, creatine, B12, etc?
>>
File: why.jpg (11KB, 236x165px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
11KB, 236x165px
>>19491034
internet-search-engine it!
Vegans are real. They are alive. What does that tell you about what the body needs?
>>
>>19487903
>What are any spiritual caveats to eating meat?
False gods impose many insufferable thing on their wannabe followers.
>>
>>19490946
>-evolutionarily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfGC3P9KoQ

Evolution is pseudoscience
>>
>>19491037
Cancer patients are alive, as are smokers, Alzheimer's patients, diabetics..

>>19491057
Please go away.
>>
>>19490736
>vegetarians are selfish scum who want cows, pigs and chickens (and any other animal only kept alive for prpduce) to be extinct
you mean we want them not to suffer and die by the hands of humans?
> there are currently bout 70billion chickens and billions of cows/pigs that are only alive in the world because of farms, or they would be extinct, only saved by meat eaters
which are only saved to be killed by meat eaters, after first polluting the planet and undergoing suffering
>>
>>19489850
of course, doing as you will is not some empty, hedonistic way of living. It's about seeing and dong what you recognise is best for you, that naturally brings about ethical behaviour, when we recognise we are part of a social whole. And to live well means having due regard for other beings. how we express that is down to our incividual conscience, morality is what you can live with.
>>
>>19487903
No, that is for good goyim.
I do fast sometimes. Following orthodox Christian fast rules is healthier than any diet.
>>
File: veg for all.jpg (70KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
veg for all.jpg
70KB, 800x800px
>>19491068
The science is conclusive, vegetarians and vegans even more so, show the lowest rates of degenerative diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's etc.

High nutrients and no toxins (organic well-planned vegan) = best health
low nutrients or high toxins (unplanned/carnist) = bad health
Too low nutrients or too high toxins (starvation, smoking etc.) = death
>>
File: 1503264178572.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1503264178572.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>19491091
>The science is conclusive
Goodest goy.
>>
>>19491091
But how are these people living? Vegetarian diets have been shown to decrease brain function and muscle mass.
>>
File: 1469135080629.png (310KB, 655x977px) Image search: [Google]
1469135080629.png
310KB, 655x977px
>mfw vegans can't use petroleum because its made from dead dinosaurs.
>>
>>19487903
vegan, for my health and because there is no moral justification for eating meat and generating needless suffering.
>>
>>19487937
What you believe does not matter when we have science based evidence that eating meat is actually pretty bad for you.
>>
>>19488941
>And I also believe meat from poorly nurtured tortured animals is not healthy for body and soul.

Do you know than even grass fed meat is bad for you no matter what ?
>>
>>19488954
Pigs are more intelligent than dogs.

>>19490541
There is no such thing as killing "humanely". Actually raising animals, taking care of them and then behead them for their food is fucking cruel. You did not have to raise them to begin with.
>>
>>19491034
B12 is a bacteria found is soil and water. I'd rather take a B12 supplement than meat, which contain B12 (because the animals are fed with B12 supplement) but also saturated fat, cholesterol and all that shit.

Also, B12 is grown in laboratory, we hardly find it in soil and water, because of the modern agriculture.
>>
>>19491396
>B12 is a bacteria

Are you fucking serious?
>>
File: Hydroxocobalamin.png (60KB, 800x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Hydroxocobalamin.png
60KB, 800x1091px
>>19491396
>B12 is a bacteria
No, you absolute retard. B12 is cobalamin.
Usually hidroxycobalamin, but cyanocobalamin, the synthetic common version is also pretty common nowadays.
The one you take as a prescription drug is usuallty either hidro- or methyl-, also synthetic. And red.

Bask in the glory of "you need to learn how to draw this one too" vitamins. Arent they cute.
>>
>>19491085
>following thousands-years-old advice from middle-eastern shepherds/povers makes me the healthiest
>eats fried chicken wings, french fries, burgers every week
>>
File: Mutts.jpg (72KB, 1024x549px) Image search: [Google]
Mutts.jpg
72KB, 1024x549px
>>19490673
>it's morally wrong to eat oysters

I draw the line there. I'll slurp brainless shells and sleep well at night.
>>
>>19491568
Fuck synthetic B12. You get the leftover Cyanide and Cobalt stuck in your system and it can lead to kidney failure.
>>
If you eat meat or dairy, you're a cunt. Simple as.

Karma pays her debts.
>>
File: Pet.jpg (937KB, 1200x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Pet.jpg
937KB, 1200x1041px
I haven't had meat or dairy in almost two years. From a purely health perspective, cutting out dairy will give you the most benefit. It is hormone soup meant only for fat mammal babies. Hence why so many men look like fat babies now. Marketing has Western men so conditioned too - to think that artery clogging hot dogs and burgers on a barbecue are masculine is truly sad. All that grease will turn you into a sloth and lower your T.

On a vegan diet you DO need a B12 supplement. There are cobalamin (B12) supplements that are derived from mushrooms, so it's not a problem, even with supplementation, to eat a 100% vegan diet. If you do choose to embrace this lifestyle, the cycle of going poop multiple times a day will throw people off. People who eat meat at every meal do not realize how likely it is they are bloated, enflamed, and constipated consistently.

Oh and your skin clears up.
>>
File: 1487160463236.png (42KB, 174x187px) Image search: [Google]
1487160463236.png
42KB, 174x187px
>>19490673
>my kids will be vegan whether they like it or not
>my partner WILL eat the same food as I do. Period.
>meat artificially created, thus no animal ever suffering in the process, is still animal abuse. Some animal, i dont know.
>Dogs and cats can be fed on an antinatural diet because I want them to. This is not animal abuse because I love them.
>Doggos trained to smell certain smells once in a while in a shady backpack are victims of animal abuse.
>Dogs trained to guide their blind owner are victims of animal abuse.
>Everyone can be vegan. There are no illnesses or conditions that could possibly prevent you from following my specific diet
>Your choice doesnt matter. Do what I say you have to.
>DONT YOU LOVE ALL THE ANIMALS?????
I would say something about your life being a joke, but you'll die within the decade, so I wont bother.
>>
>>19493236

Oh eat shit, you're just mad cause you know you're a brainwashed cunt!
>>
>>19493250
>NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW MY DIET
>Youre brainwashed
>Youre mad
>Youre not going to "evolve spiritually"
Go eat another disgusting rapini, you grass-eating retard.
We evolved by eating meat, we are literally made to be omnivorous. If you want to spend your life grimacing at your dinner plate because you JUST HAVE to eat greens forever, thats not my fucking problem. I dont force you to follow my varied, complete, balanced diet, you dont force me to eat your homegrown beets.
Dont forget to take your pills. Both the vitamins and your schizo meds.
>>
>>19493331
Not every vegan is that way, man. It will probably do you right to eat less meat, that's all.
>>
>>19487949
I only eat meat raised by people I know
>>
The sages said for narcissistic people, being vegan helps. It's a way to get more out of food, emotionally. If done right, it makes you realize the sheer amount of attention that such highly adapted plants give you. It changes the guy, and when combined with forest food that has bacteria, it makes a huge difference in the egoistic mindset.

It's a mechanism to learn compassion, and connect to food, because you can eat a tomato you kill ourselves but not easily that for meat.

It's seen as unkind to force people to do this or that, limiting emotional intelligence. But then vegetarians that don't cook for themselves don't experience that.

In India, people eat what we call weeds. 100s of species
America eats flour and potatoes.and meat.
>>
Plants have feelings too.

https://youtu.be/ayfBf2J-Qlc
>>
>>19493571
Alright but if you eat animals you're killing a lot more plants than straight eating plants. All of those cattle require tons of grains, corn, soy, etc. In fact the vast amounts of plants that meat cattle require are exactly what's destroying the rainforests.
>>
File: 1234.png (128KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
128KB, 600x450px
>>19493571
>>
>>19493236
too real
>>
>>19491568
>>19491528
bacterias are the starting point to create B12. They also exist in pills, which are directly fed into cattle, you're welcome.
>>
>>19493331
You are actually stupid. No need to inform you about the science of plant based lifestiles, I prefer to let you cloag your arteries because of your stupid assumptions that "uuuuh, pur ancestors ate meat so it must be good".
>>
>>19487903

The main reason I went vegan is because animal products are migraine triggers--which I am susceptible to. I've never had a migraine while on a long-term vegan diet.

But that's not the only reason. Health benefits, environmental, and animal rights. Pretty much all the reasons that people are vegan I agree with. It just makes sense in my life.
>>
>>19487947
fishing industry is wack fool
>>
>>19495715
synthetic b12, sure. Just like synthetic chemical everything, really. From growth hormones to bouillon cubes. Yes, really.
We use the bacteria as "factories" to make whatever we tell them to. They shit the hormones or the chicken stock and we put them in vials, or overpriced packs of four, depends.
You are not eating the bacteria. Not that it would hurt you. But you arent.
>>
not sure what bothers me more, flat-earthers or vegans

maybe they're the same thing
>>
anyone who is not at least vegetarian deserves to be killed, from an actual divine point of view.
>>
File: 4335715-really.gif (1MB, 213x210px) Image search: [Google]
4335715-really.gif
1MB, 213x210px
>>19491091
So you come here where at least 50% of its users want to kill themselves trying to convince them that eating veggies are healthy...Well...I can say for sure that you are not getting smarter not eating meat son...
>>
>>19491123
my sides
>>
>>19487903
animals are treated bad before slaughter, and then they get slaughtered inhumanely
>>
>>19498862
oh no the chicken from KFC is going to sue me postmortem for having a good meal

if anything, it's the animal's fault for being mindless and letting itself get killed
>>
Vegans and vegetarians live in a moderncity bubble where they haven't experienced the real nature of life.

Nature is chock full of suffering. Animals get diseases, paradytes, are always checking for predators... but this is how life is. It's struggle.

And that's why they don't like seeing animals suffering, it shows them how nature truly is for a second, instead of accepting it they prefer fight politically against it while ignoring the real suffering of nature.

You know lions start eating their prey from thce anus just because it's easier? All while the prey screams in agony, but the lions don't stop. If you want to survive you need an evil side and be ready to use it. Just like ying and yang, we need to accept both the good and the bad in life, you can't ignore the yang.

Conclusion is that vegans need to get in touch with nature again instead of petting dogs and bunnies at the zoo.
>>
>>19500142
this all falls apart when you accept death
the reason this all got out of hand, is because man could not accept his death.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.