[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is the Pilosophers's stone? Does it exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png
9KB, 220x220px
What exactly is the Pilosophers's stone? Does it exist? is it a physical thing and how does one obtain it? what does it do and how was it made?
>>
It's more likely that it's a metaphor for something spiritual.
>>
like what?
>>
the old school sorcerer's stone is this crystal rock.
who needs hell, who needs heaven, when your mortal form is about to perish, you will your soul into your cool ass rock.
You can't move or eat or shit but you can astral project and telepath still, and you can move on later if you feel like it.
transmuting lead to gold is shit but forms of immortality that aren't second life brain in a jar edition already existed for ages.
>>
'Prima materia'. The philosopher's stone was fabled to be able to create as the ultimate catalyst. It was the origin of the universe. It is largely spiritual and metaphorical, but those who searched for it... were searching for the starting point of all creation essentially. (For example, the planets themselves, particularly the Earth, would be seen as a perfect material with everything spurring from a mythical, 'perfect' matter.)
>>
so what does that all mean though, im a new fag to /x/
>>
File: 1503124037886.jpg (197KB, 513x510px) Image search: [Google]
1503124037886.jpg
197KB, 513x510px
Solve et coagula
>>
To put it in a simpler question would be if an atom can create matter then what makes the atom? Whatever made the atom is the 'prima materia'.
>>
>>19483623
ohhh ok i get ya
>>
File: 1499882698819.png (514KB, 696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499882698819.png
514KB, 696x1000px
>>19483619
Jung covered Alchemy rather well although I have talked with people who have argued he never got it completely. Either way I think he would be a good starting point for beginning to understand what was going on. From what I remember the medieval alchemy he worked with he described as something that came about in relation to Christianity. In Christianity god rescues man, in alchemy man rescues god, the divine, from matter. Since man projects parts of his psyche into the unknown those parts of his psyche that were not being satisfied with the Christian church was projected and satisfied in Alchemy.

You can find a copy of his book on Alchemy in the following torrent. Happy reading
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:30691a2b11d975ae967e6c52e1d5dbdc8fa748f7&dn=Carl+Gustav+Jung+-+Collected+Works+%5BStudy+Pack%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
>>
>>19483632
Okay, good. The philosopher's stone can be taken as harnessing the 'prima materia'. The alchemists of the day were primarily concerned with creating gold and precious metals from what was not gold or precious metals. They sought the idea of 'prima materia' as a method in which to create wealth. The material was also seen as essential to the possibility of forming an elixer of life. This makes sense since all elements, and life itself, technically started with 'prima materia'. Chances are we will never obtain it, but humanity may not have the need.
>>
>>19483665
That would be 'elixir of life'. Please, disregard my errors for I am on a phone.
>>
>>19483665
I agree we wont probably every obtain it but could it be just a metaphor for knowing that the knowledge we seek doesn't exist or that we need to come to a realization that we will never be able to become like a god.
>>
It's actually concrete. Not figuratively speaking, literally concrete. It was only the wise, learned 'philosophers' who knew how to make concrete, and thus create massive monuments.
>>
why concrete?
>>
>>19483506
I'll spoil the secret: you are infinite. You never die. You only image dying. You've lived many lives. The philosopher's stone changes lead to gold. It changes the soul from impure to pure. Mortal to immortal. It's all a metaphor for man's ascension back to godhood.
>>
The Philosopher Stone is the Completion of the Great Work.

Its said that Jesus was the Capstone because he tried to show us the Grail.

The Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life.

The goal is the Immortality of the gods.

We are seekers on the same Epic Quest as Gilgamesh.
>>
>>19483812
It is a very useful material. We still use it to this day.
>>
so a never ending cycle where no matter what answer is given none of it matters cuz in the end none of it is obtainable.
>>
>>19483807
I think it was more something abstract than concrete
>>
>>19483837
Why do you think that?
>>
>>19483832
If you're a nihilist, yes. Everything is nothing, and like, totally meaningless.

If you're a child of God, no. It is as attainable as time.
>>
>>19483853
How so?
>>
>>19483871
A.) Attitude - don't lose before you've even begun

B.) Perspective - you cannot see if you only look down

C.) Confidence - it is what you make it...
>>
can peopel give some more info on the stone,
>>
>>19483942
It's a really fun topic of discussion, but honestly, it's the best kept secret in all of alchemy.
If nobody spilled the beans for the last thousand years, I highly doubt anyone would now, or on /x/ of all places.
>>
>>19483622
habemus papam?
>>
>>19483980
maybe they have in secrets ways? giving hints to it throughout time?
>>
>>19483660
>Alchemy
is there any hard evidence/Proof for any occasion "alchemy" acutally did something? I know nothing about it, but am interested. Like...mixing chemicals would do magic? I know that magic, Albert Hofmann knew that "magic", every god damn Hippie knows that kind of "magic". Or is it different magic? What is Alchemy in a sentence?
>>
you have to distill your piss and then use an alembic to do something else to it

the process apparently takes a year or some shit
>>
>>19483996
That's possible.
If that were the case their encryption would have to be so stout that only the worthy ever manage to crack it, but that turns into a chicken-and-egg scenario. If a budding alchemist can only know the art by deciphering some arcane bullshit, but arcane knowledge is required for the deciphering, where does the first spark of it come from?
>>
File: 1480451737534.png (3MB, 2668x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1480451737534.png
3MB, 2668x1394px
>>19483999
Are those digits not proof enough? but seriously Jung argued that Alchemy was not really about the conversion of base metals. It was about the transformation of the soul of the Alchemist and they hid the discussion of that transformation in symbols. While there probably was some actual chemistry going on that was probably not the main goal.
>>
>>19484078
This is true. Western alchemy was based on the daoist practices of weidan and neidan in the East. Weidan was external and neidan was a form of inner alchemy. The West used the same symbols as these Chinese texts to detail the processes. In neidan the body is the vessel and the elements correspond to both physical and non-physical fluids in the human body. You will come closer to the original process if you study Taoism than the cryptic alchemists of the West.
>>
>>19484123
original process?
>>
Alchemy is all about transmutation, the idea of turning lead into gold in the middle ages, the modern equivalent would be along the lines of from every hardship a seed if wisdom is sewn. Lead into gold was about the idea of people trying to discover the idea, the formula to change reality, mind over matter, the modern age is a by-product if that shift in consciousness, from x is x, to x can be y, or if I take x and z I can make G. Wealth is not about gold, it's about ideas, the oil under the ground was worthless for centuries until we had the Idea of fuel, transnuting black sludge into everything we see around us.

You have the power to judge your experiences and become either a victim of life or the co-creator of it. The philosophers stone is just an idea, an idea of your head,the idea that you can change whatever you want.
>>
>>19484123
Continuing...if you haven't read "The Secret Teachings of the Golden Flower" start there. Keep in mind that Wilhelm uses the term "circulation of the light" when the actual translation would be closer to "turning back the light." After that read the classical Taoist text "Tao Te Ching." This book isn't as vague as it seems and details a precise process. Learn what jing, qi, and shen represent and where the tu and jen meridians are in the body. Open the mysterious gate.
>>
>>19484137
Transmuting lead into gold. This is allegory. In neidan it refers to the cultivation of the immortal embryo.
>>
>>19483623
so it's the fucking Higgs field?
>>
>>19483999
Anybody who studies chemistry will have some understanding of alchemy. It was extremely important as the basis of the chemistry studied in science today. If it had not been for the alchemists, we would not have chemistry. It's true that alchemy was intertwined with esoteric knowledge. However, it was a science regardless. Transmutation was heavily littered with philosophy and the psyche. However, it wasn't purely allegory. The quest for transmutation into precious elements was the means for which one received funding. To a wealthy contributor, the transmutation provided the promise of wealth. To an alchemist, the transmutation was very much a spiritual concept. It's important to not rule out either science or spirituality when studying topic such as alchemy. That sort of art was the union of both allegory and theory.
>>19484211
I'm not a physicist. The concept might have been the same. The philosopher's stone would have been the capability to harness such a thing to the extent to influence matter itself.
>>
>>19483506
it's a psychedelic truffle
>>
You're the circle

The square is understanding

The triangle is change

The circle is you, but it's a different circle, though it's form is exactly the same

One follows another
>>
File: 220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png (37KB, 1060x594px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png
37KB, 1060x594px
>>19486053
so this ?
>>
All the "it's only spurutual maan" fags - read this post >>19487312

And fuck off.
>>
>>19483871
Don't look down
>>
>>19487910
i dont
>>
>>19483549
Sex
>>
Esoteric writings are encrypted.
If you don't understand the hidden meanings of the words used, the writing is useless and sometimes even dangerous.
But if you have learned to think like the great philosophers, and gained a deeper understanding of language, hidden meaning reveal itself to you. The only way to accomplish this is to really study the occult.
This knowledge then will be used to translate esoteric writings in such a way it is not impossible, weird or dangerous at all.
When you are able to hit the Tone like a Philosopher does, all esoteric writings become knowledge that worth Gold. For Gold means Wisdom. A commodity that never looses it value. Money however by itself is useless and only worth as much as the wisdom of the one who spends it.
>>
>>19483622
P = NP

To calculate is to have solved.
>>
teach me /x/, give me wisdom
>>
Well if philosophy is Philo Sophia - love of wisdom - and a stone is a gem or jewel, ie something of value; then the Philosophers Stone would be something of value to seekers of wisdom.

Truth is generally said to be the pinnacle of philosophy, but how can we determine truth from our limited, fallible, human perspective? Is it possible to even conceive of an abstract truth, let alone anything, from such a foundation?

I prefer to think that understanding is the pinnacle; truth to me seems subjective in that we can only ever interpret it with a greater or lesser degree of clarity. In other words you might say that there is truth in everything, only we have to learn how to understand it. I feel there is a point here but I don't know how to argue it.
>>
>>19491186
Lesson 1, start to actually read serious book and never ask /×/ for advice
>>
>>19491217
fair enough
>>
>>19483506
the philosopher's stone is philosophical in nature, therefore it doesn't exist physically, but metaphysically it does.
it has been referred to as the knowledge to turn mercury into gold or silver, the knowledge to make the elixir of life, as well as other things, but personally I believe it to be a knowledge much more powerful than that.
I believe that the philosopher's stone is simply complete and ultimate understanding of the universe in both a physical and metaphysical sense.
It is unobtainable because the more we learn about the universe, the more we learn that our rules are wrong in certain aspects of physics, however I believe if any one man is close to obtaining the "philosopher's stone" it would be Michio Kaku.
>>
Philosopher Stone is a real "stone" (not a stone but a Salt in fact) which is able to change natures of metals, minerals...of vegetables too... of man, actually

Philosopher's stone exists, it is a physical thing but it is celestial. It's hard to understand... How does a "stone" can be not a "stone" ? This "thing" attracts life in his upper form by power of sky AND earth. Its power is perfected if it is turned into earth.

It is real and TRUE... because lived.. in the form of a salt..
>>
The goal of philosophy is to find truth.

The philosopher's stone is the essential truth, which can mostly be defined as "A is A". From this one truth, the truth of being, come all other truths.
>>
It's literal and figurative. That much is certain. It should be clearly so considering how much a single person is able to invest with their own being.
Some come to make just a stone that can transmute gold, others find that they've gained abilities far transcendent of a neccesity of needing an external object to transmute gold and therefore make it themselves from all that is within.
It goes many different paths - just that the amount of people that take a care to these matters are so few and even less are those that take it to heart and even less are those that don't get discouraged and so it continually dwindles until there is the ALL that is one while the ALL has been through all that have yet to reach it. All through perseverance, hope, desire and so on.

All of us are capable of making a stone or transcending the limits of a typical person, even you, even me, but it's seldom as quick as in any book or movie unless somebody capable takes a fancy to you - which I suppose is why one should always try to emulate love. There are a lot of naysayers and that's what you can never let get to what your more beautiful truth may be. There are steps to becoming.

Eventually, everything.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.