[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to believe in the paranorma;l, yet I find it so hard to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4a73a59821c74cf85c6b346266628077.jpg (288KB, 1800x1284px) Image search: [Google]
4a73a59821c74cf85c6b346266628077.jpg
288KB, 1800x1284px
I want to believe in the paranorma;l, yet I find it so hard to believe in anything after I became an atheist a few years back. Can anyone redpill me and open me up to the truth I know must be out there?
>>
So what exactly do you expect me to do?
Manifest some shit in your house?
How is your lack of faith my problem?
>>
>>19479237
sure someone can...but noone here on /x/ we are just a hoard of faggots desu
>>
Where do you think consciousness comes from? If you say the mind is a byproduct of matter, that consciousness arises as an epiphenomenon (outgrowth) of material causes, then at what physical level does consciousness have its beginnings? The neurons, the chemicals, the molecules, the atoms?

If you say any of those, then did you know that the brain is a quantum computer, and that the behavior of neurons originates at the atomic and subatomic level? If they say of course, then I would say, did you know that the quantum behaviors of electrons and other subatomic particles have been proven in quantum physics to have no discernible physical causes? That therefore no amount of math or measurement can predict what exactly a subatomic particle will do next? So if consciousness arises from quantum behaviors, then consciousness does not have a physical cause. That is what quantum physicists have determined.

So anyone saying that consciousness is an epiphenomenon of material causes is wrong. It arises from nonphysical factors that you don’t know about. And it leads to something that is intelligent, self-aware, creative, and has freewill. If I said that consciousness preceded matter, and that the quantum fluctuations seen in matter which generate all the subsequent physical phenomena are ultimately caused by consciousness, then the brain is not only a quantum computer but a receiving device for a nonphysical consciousness.
>>
Look up actual science, and what we still can't explain or don't understand, or quantum physics.
Hell, look up psychological disorders and how they work.
Your problem is you need to believe in something bigger than you, but in reality, almost fucking everything is.
Don't mistake what you know being equal or greater to what you don't know.
>>
>>19479331
cont
Now let me ask you, where did the universe come from? (You will probably say Big Bang or that it always existed). Then I say, Stephen Hawking who is considered the smartest and more respected physicist alive, says it emerged into existence due to quantum fluctuations in the vacuum. Now, what causes quantum fluctuations? Not material causes. Therefore the physical universe came into existence from a metaphysical source. There is nothing that disproves the possibility that this metaphysical source was conscious. If you say that I can’t say that because I can’t prove it, then I say, if not a physical factor that caused it, what is it then? If they say they don’t know, then I say, well then you admit ignorance on this point, whereby at least I have a working hypothesis based on principles that also explain how consciousness arises in the brain.
>>
>lel
>>
>>19479237
Why would you become an atheist if you believe something is out there?
>>
>>19481653
Because lying about creator entities can put people off of the idea.

OP, you say you find it hard to believe in anything, but aren't you just believing in science? Why is believing in the empirically derived explanation different from the believing you find so hard?
>>
>>19479237
I'm the opposite. I don't want to believe in the paranormal because its scary as fuck. Especially when it comes to archons and eschatology
>>
>>19479237
Stop being an atheist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.