[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dear /x/ my dad wants me to join the masons i'm 33, have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: masonic-emblems3.jpg (137KB, 670x562px) Image search: [Google]
masonic-emblems3.jpg
137KB, 670x562px
dear /x/

my dad wants me to join the masons

i'm 33, have a decent job and could be a good contributor he said, i told him i would think about it

now, i don't believe in the christian god, i think there's something there but the idea of a personal god is not right for me

i am heavily into occultism and i've heard that you can go off in different teachings once you've joined and abandon the christian side of things

can anyone help or give advice?
>>
>>19473265
Perfect age to join.
>>
You are a tool to their occult partakings and whatnot.
Taking this as definite truth in your foundation to taking on your life in the spiritual regard.

Leave anything outside of Abrahamic teachings as 100% false.
(truth mixed with lies = positive integer multiplied with null)

pls save yourself and choose christ for your path.
>>
>>19473265
It's just a fancy diner party every once in a while.. Do it man!
>>
>>19473281
lol right? made me think...
>>
>>19473265
Its free food every month.... Whats not to like
>>
>>19473265
Mason here. When you say you believe something is there, but that you don't believe in a personal God, what exactly do you mean? If you believe in some sort of Supreme Being, you'll be golden.

FYI, we aren't specifically Christian. I am, and most Mason are, but we're open to Jews/Muslims/Deists/Hindus/Pagans/Etc (anyone that believes in some form of God).
>>
>>19473426
Thanks for the reply

Not exactly a supreme being but more of an infinite conciousness where we are all one. It could be considered a being which is supreme though?
>>
>>19473310
Sorry man i am very spiritual but it would be intellectually dishonest of me to say i think there's something there with abrahamic religion
>>
Well Lucifer is the god of masons so you'll fit in
>>
>>19473482
You sound like you could be easily swayed into believing anything. You'll be fine.
>>
>>19473503
Honestly this is not the case with me at all
>>
>>19473498
The old guys bumbling around my dad's lodge don't seem too satanic
>>
>>19473556
It's a self improvement old man's club. Basically. Good stuff honestly, self improvement wrapped around some mystical plastic paper. Eventually you learn it was all self improvement knowledge to better yourself. Not some movie tier magic stuff.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (192KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
192KB, 625x918px
>>19473556
Most of the guys you see bumbling around the club let you think they are big harmless fuzzballs.

Don't let looks deceive you.

You only have your soul to lose
>>
>>19473482
You could probably call that a Supreme being. Would you be cool with being obligated on a religious book (Bible, Tanahk, Quran, etc)?

>>19473498
lol nice tinfoil hat

>>19473503
Don't be a dick.

>>19474104
Oh, yeah, I totally carry giant statues of Baphomet into lodge all the time. Lol, fuck off.
>>
>>19473265
> i don't believe in the christian god, i think there's something there but the idea of a personal god is not right for me
Would this not be a disqualifier?
>>
>>19473265
Freemasons is just a charity organization, fuckie.
>>
>>19476058
It honestly depends on how he defines it and what state he's in. As is, it's a disqualifier in most Jurisdictions.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.