[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gotta be honest, the idea of losing concious thought when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1501842327055.jpg (36KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
1501842327055.jpg
36KB, 450x328px
I gotta be honest, the idea of losing concious thought when you die kinda scares me. I hate the idea of being unable to think or reflect back on the life you had when you die. Is there any way of getting into an afterlife when I die? Please give me some form of reassurance, /x/.
>>
No one knows. But why would we have such sentient ability if it's all for nothing? Clearly there must be more.
>>
>>19471735
>the idea of losing concious thought when you die kinda scares me

How do you manage to sleep then?
>>
>>19471735
You shouldn't be scared. This feeling of being scared dies with you.
>>
>>19471735
You will reincarnate so don't worry.
>>
Don't fear. It has no purpose.
>>
>>19471735
With any luck, we'll have achieved the ability to digitize our consciousness and join a collective consciousness on the internet. Ego death is the future of our species.
>>
>>19471735
>>it's all over but the crying
>>
You may lose your ego and any semblance of who you were but you will not lose your consciousness. That is here to stay.
>>
There is an afterlife for everyone. Either a person goes to Heaven or Hell. If you want to go to Heaven accept Jesus in your life. He is the only way to get there.
>>
>>19471735

The real panic isn't that you will cease eto exist, the real panic is you can only exist.

Either consciousness continues, in which case death is a transition, transition to what is up for debate by religion and shit, but some part of your consciousness continues on.

Or, you die, fade to black, you fear existing. In that case, you won't exist to know you don't exist, so you won't know what it feels like to not think, so frontier perspective in your body, even though you die, you won't be aware of it, so from your perspective you can only know existence.

Either way, you exist, you only know existence, so chill :).
>>
Think about it like this, you didnt have any bad experiences before you were born right? why would you think it would be any different when you die.
>>
>>19471735
Accept that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

ik that sounds gay, but seriously - Christianity is the truth. When I was younger, I thought religion was stupid and fake, but it's honestly the truth. It's hard at first to put all your trust in one possible outcome, but it really works, I promise.
>>
File: TheFuture.jpg (371KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
TheFuture.jpg
371KB, 1024x768px
>>
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change." (Bhagavad Gita 2.13)
>>
>>19471902
>>19471978
Retards. This is exact reason why religions are exist. People can't accept just dying and disappearing.
>>
^ Everyone will stand before God and will be judged whether you like it or not
>>
>>19471763
Not op but that's different. You know you'll wake up and your brain isn't dead but rather very active
>>
File: JesusChrist.gif (22KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
JesusChrist.gif
22KB, 150x200px
>>19471735
this Guy can help, and He comes with open arms
>>
>>19471830
>And nobody's crying but me
>>
>>19472504
Anon, you can never be 100% sure you will wake up, 13% of all deaths happen when people are asleep.
>>
>>19471735
All the Christian fags on here are weak bitches that can't handle the reality of life. As for your question death is like sleeping you won't have any perception of time or being so there is nothing to worry about
>>
>>19471735
Trust me OP. You won't remember anything.
You didn't remember your past life, you didn't remember dying, you don't remember the time between when you died and when you were born. Trust me, you won't fear anything when the time comes.
>>
>>19471735
death is the end. the final reward; one shouldn't fear that.
>>
>>19471902
btfo with that shit.

if that's what you believe so be it but don't go around trying to poison the minds of other people just because you can't handle the fact that death is the end.

..... or at the very least, a temporary state (bardo) before reincarnation.
>>
>>19471794
Reincarnation is almost as terrifying as Hell is to me
>>
>>19473676
When I was like 12 I used to lie awake terrified of the thought of being reborn endlessly over and over and over with no respite until the sun died at the least. Now it's a more comforting concept than nonexistence.
>>
>>19471805
could you imagine having to make that choice, to die or to become an immortal robot (assuming it works and isn't a very convincing fake)? what if your partner wanted to die like normal? what if there really is an afterlife and by choosing material immortality you're just cheating yourself?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.