[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did Gypsies become so knowledgable/ assosiated with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>>
>>19468884
its a con. you give them money they say a few words. its hardly work
>>
>>19468961

but fortune telling? and horoscopes/ crystal balls
>>
Didn't they originally wander out of India?
That might have something to do with it.
>>
Homeless people make up all kinds of bullshit.
>>
A good friend of mine is an ethnic Gypsy. It's in their DANA however it usually causes them to become crazy alcoholics
>>
DNA not DANA wtf?
>>
>>19469133
hmmm maybe. I was told they originally came from Egypt.... Egyptians - gypsy who knows
>>
The 'rroma' are definitely indian.

Considering a few things, such as scrying and whatever being scams it makes a lot of sense. Poor people would rather cheat than try it fair.

Why they have a reputation in scams? Scams don't take much time to do and can ruin/fool gullible people, like threads on /x/. E-gypsies.
>>
>>19469289

Your friend is a Gypsy and it's in her DNA. How does this answer OP's question? It doesn't even mean anything. I'm genuinely curious whether or not you had a point. I've never met a gypsy, I don't think.
>>
>Thereupon he introduced me to his relatives, including, apparently, almost every one in that camp. After these preliminaries he spread a sack for me at his fireside and we had a long talk together. He spoke “deep” Romany and acquainted me with a number of words which I believe had not been printed, and informed me that not long previously he had talked with a gentleman speaking an Indian language who understood most of what he said in Romany, while he was able to get at the meaning of a lot of the words the gentleman used, adding that he counted up to six almost the same as in Romany, but for seven, eight and nine he said—as nearly as I can remember—“sart, arth, now.” “Doesn’t that,” said my friend, “seem to prove that the Romanies came from India at one time, else where did we get the language? Some of our folks say, ‘No, we are all English only we don’t speak the same tongue,’ but don’t you believe it, Rye. Did you ever see a real thoroughbred Englishman or woman as dark as my folks, or with hands and feet as well made and as small as ours? No, my pal! hoquepens like that won’t do. Besides, you can always tell a true gypsy by his eye, it’s different somehow from the gorgios."

From 'Romany Life' by Frank Cuttriss(1915)

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/50639

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/9719058/European-Roma-descended-from-Indian-untouchables-genetic-study-shows.html
>>
>>19469395
Very interesting.
>>
>>19469303
I don't really know for sure where they came from.
India and Egypt were the two main centers of mysticism at the time, so I guess either one is equally plausible as a factor in their continued occultism.
>>
>>19468884
>cousin inherited gypsy DNA from some recessive alleles that didn't show up in her mother or our grandparents
>she fed me nightshade berries as a child
>it fucked me up for a week straight
>kept on telling my mom I saw shadow people
>since then I can see fucked up shit
>colors outlining people
>shadow beings in the sky
>tracers like what people on LSD describe
>teachers all think I'm on drugs since the 5th grade
>only ever smoked weed in 10th grade
>>
>>19469742
>colors outlining people
I think there's a word for that anon.
>>
>>19469762
yeah that's the kind of shit they told me about in church. As soon as I said I actually saw them, the pastor and assistant/bishop guy took me in the back room and said it's all just stuff to keep people from doing bad things, and if I'm actually seeing colors I should get my mom to take me to a doctor
>>
>>19469838
So, just as a though experiment, just for shits n giggles...
Let's assume that there is no supernatural anything in the world. Pure mathematical clockwork. No gods, demons, angels, magic, no anything.
In this world, shouldn't it still be possible to metacognitively change the way one perceives the world through sensory data, the way that data is processed, and therefore the way one responds to the incoming data?
Wouldn't the ability to directly alter how sensory data is processed and distributed make for a much wider view of the world, and the possibility of becoming consciously aware of very subtle patterns in the data that otherwise wouldn't be perceptible?
>>
>>19469884
Yes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.