[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this third eye a "real" thing? I'm fairly new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (4KB, 195x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 195x90px
Is this third eye a "real" thing?
I'm fairly new to all of this, this seems likea pretty popular belief unlike other things that even most people here would reject.
>>
>>19465867
You can use the third eye to become very rich, but in my opinion it is unethical/immoral.
>>
>>19465874
How so?
>>
>>19465867
It is real, just not as mystical as people like to think. It's a rudimentary organ that has lost purpose, like your tailbone. Sure it might still do something but nothing too /x/-y
>>
>>19465875
Well it is against nature. Unless the methods were passed down by ancestors. If you're ancestors survived without the help of 'opening the third eye' then it is unecessary/lazy.
>>
>>19465886
I meant in what way do/van people use it to enrich themselves, I know very little about it.

Also is it worth opening it?
>>
File: e91.jpg (30KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
e91.jpg
30KB, 600x640px
>>19465889
>opening it
you'd need to access your skull, dig deep into your brain, and use a scalpel in order to physically open the gland.
>>
>>19465889
I don't know how to do it, all I know is that you can reach altered states of consciousness through various means(without drugs) and gain temporary insights into things. So you can use this 'state' to do well in the stock market or whatever. Although alot of people could go mad with power if they achieved too much results too fast.
>>
>>19465889
I would also like to know the percentage of stock brokers etc who smoke cannabis.
>>
>>19465889
Buddhist's etc know how to access certain mind states but it's potentially dangerous for ordinary people.
>>
>>19465897
I didn't mean that litterary kek.
>>
>>19465902
Is there anyone here who does use it?
>>
>>19465902
>>19465912
>>19465913
Mfw I actually do invest in the stock market, take internships in banks and do smoke pot (purely because it's fun, not in the "it widens my horizins dude".
>>
>>19465928
It does actually improve mathematical ability by increasing connections to different parts of the brain - thinking outside the box instead of being stuck in left brain mode.
>>
>>19465943
What? The third eye or 420 blaze it?
>>
>>19465920
There is nothing else to say about the pineal gland. It's so useless to us that it slowly turns into bone from the age of birth and that half of people will walk around with bone in their brain by the age of 18. The organ dies long before our bodies even start to age, because it has no functions besides collect calcium and fluoride deposits.
I really hate it when westerners catch on to Eastern mysticism. It "sounds cool" so they talk a lot of bullcrap about stuff they haven't properly studied. The majority of these ideas based in Buddhism have lost their context and meaning in the West and this is how these ideas reach you. You think it's an eye that you can open.

It's based on the ideas of chakra's, which are located all over your body, each of which you are supposed to be able to "activate" with meditation, to heal.

Since academics confirm our brain contains an organ that is the same as the eye on top of reptile's heads, except we have parts of our mammalian brain covering it, means that new age yoga pants wearing weed smoking non showering vagrants will tell you you can "open your third eye dudddeeee"

So what the third eye is, is the pineal gland, which helps babies sleep, and decays and turns into bone. You can't access it or control it.
>>
>>19465943
But that is my opinion.
>>
>>19465947
Is it really? i just read online that there is no phydsical evidence for it's existing. AKA it can't turn to bone if it wasn't physically there.
>>
of your third eye is in your brain what is your prostate?
>>
>>19465946
The thc compounds interact with chemicals in a certain part of the brain and allow a certain creative genius. However maybe the genius is already a genius without using drugs/breathing techniques to improve creativity but then we all have the same basic brain structures.
>>
>>19465924
I don't know anyone here.
>>
>>19465950
Chakra's have no physical existence. They're not real either.
The pineal gland, which is in fact photoreceptive (it can "see"), lost it's functoins in mammals.
>Calcification of the pineal gland is typical in young adults, and has been observed in children as young as two years of age.[30] The calcified gland is often seen in skull X-Rays.[30] Calcification rates vary widely by country and correlate with an increase in age, with calcification occurring in an estimated 40% of Americans by their 17th year.[30] Calcification of the pineal gland is largely associated with corpora arenacea, also known as "brain sand".
>It seems that the internal secretions of the pineal gland inhibit the development of the reproductive glands, because, in cases where it is severely damaged in children, the result is accelerated development of the sexual organs and the skeleton.[31]
>Some studies show that the degree of pineal gland calcification is significantly higher in patients with Alzheimer's disease vs. other types of dementia.[32]
>Pineal gland calcification may also contribute to the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and may reflect an absence of crystallization inhibitors.[32]
>Calcium, phosphorus,[17] and fluoride deposits in the pineal gland have been correlated with aging, showing that, as the brain ages, more deposits collect.[33] By old age, the pineal gland contains about the same amount of fluoride as teeth.
>>
>>19465946
Both
>>
>The results of various scientific research in evolutionary biology, comparative neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, have explained the phylogeny of the pineal gland in different vertebrate species. From the point of view of biological evolution, the pineal gland represents a kind of atrophied photoreceptor. In the epithalamus of some species of amphibians and reptiles, it is linked to a light-sensing organ, known as the parietal eye, which is also called the pineal eye or third eye.
>>
>>19465889
Imagine an eye on your forehead.
Now give it infinite energy.
>>
>>19466017
Infinite?
Sounds like a nuke.
>>
>>19465889
It's really just self awareness. And it's less the third eye and more the other two internal eyes (amygdala) being used to properly access your surroundings.
>>
File: souls.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
your third eye lets you see with the true sight.
you close your regular eyes and you see the ghostly image of whatever you would be looking at regularly. It's mainly used for looking at magical things and seeing the energy in them.
you look at a cat and close your eyes and see a little kitty face
look at a tree and close your eyes and see the energy outline of the tree
look at your favorite sigil with true sight and it'll pop out if you have any talent at all.
>>
>>19466066
When does school start again, Johnny?
>>
File: 1492553825971.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492553825971.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>19466073
prepare your anus
>>
>>19466096
Put that down Johnny, you know I didn't mean it man.
Even though you don't show up to class I'm sure you're a great guy.
>>
>>19465877
How is it real?
>>
>>19466150
How do you ask a question so stupid?
>>
>>19466156
Haven't opened my third eye maaaaan.

I haven't elevated my consciousness to another level.
>>
File: pineal-gland-brain.jpg (46KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
pineal-gland-brain.jpg
46KB, 700x368px
>>19466150
pineal gland?
>>
yes it's a real thing,you can meditate to open it and the effects get more profound the more you do it

if you want to open your third eye just close your eyes and focis on the place your third eye is ("look" at it if you can stand the sensation) eventually you'll start to feel pressure

focus on the pressure and feel it build, when it becomes unbearable imagine it opening

easier said than done, but you devote enough practice to it and you'll open it

binaural beats might help you locate the spot to focus on
>>
>>19466931
It's a spiritual thing, not a physical one.
>>
weed dude
>>
>>19466955

you can open it throughthat sort of meditation,whether or not the effects are taken spiritually is up to the individual

i eliminated my beliefs from what i said because the process is the same for everyone and it's not my place to tell someone else what their experience of it will be or what to take from it
>>
>>19466955
it's actually a physical thing with no spiritual properties
>>
>>19465902
I want to get to know the lottery numbers with third eye lol
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.