[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sun is the most powerful object in the solar system. By

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: amercian-eclipse-01.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
amercian-eclipse-01.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
The sun is the most powerful object in the solar system. By an incomprehensibly huge magnitude. It is the source of all life and energy on the earth. Most of that power is lost to the masses, even less so than our ancestors now that nearly all people have calcified pineal glands. Blocking off perception from a great extent of the reality that surrounds them. Perhaps some events can break through. Events that have held religious and metaphysical significance since before the dawn of civilization. Regarded as a cultural universal. This is precisely why THEY do not want you to look. It sounds plausible once you consider the mainstream media universally shilling not to look at it. Warning you is fine but every single outlet goes out of their way to repeatedly stress. As though people didn't look into the sun every day. It used to be viewed as beneficial for a mans soul. But now just a fraction of a second can make you blind unless you look through special new glasses, now available at every store. Black glasses darker than welding goggles. Darker than military goggles used to view thermonuclear detonations. Just look at at all of the top eclipse articles. Now they don't even want you out driving in case you accidentally see what they are trying to hide.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/8/17/16156764/solar-eclipse-2017-safety-glasses
https://www.space.com/35555-total-solar-eclipse-safety-tips.html
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety
https://qz.com/1057997/what-happens-if-you-look-at-the-solar-eclipse-without-glasses/
http://wgntv.com/2017/08/18/how-to-keep-your-eyes-safe-during-the-eclipse/
www.ajc.com/news/world/traveling-during-the-solar-eclipse-don-hit-the-road-without-these-dot-tips/gvNcDIhhlNhliVK287QBCL/
http://www.ajc.com/news/world/traveling-during-the-solar-eclipse-don-hit-the-road-without-these-dot-tips/gvNcDIhhlNhliVK287QBCL/
>>
>>19465426
>As it darkens outside, our pupils naturally enlarge, allowing more UV rays in

So can't we just look at it if we shine a flashlight into our eyes to make our pupils smaller?
>>
File: d7rjTii.jpg (30KB, 566x463px) Image search: [Google]
d7rjTii.jpg
30KB, 566x463px
>>19465449
>>
>>19465426
IDK I looked at the sun once and it gave me a DNA upgrade or something that activated my pineal gland and ability to naturally synthesize DMT
>>
File: One of the Signs.png (55KB, 839x608px) Image search: [Google]
One of the Signs.png
55KB, 839x608px
There is a reason Those barbarians in the Middle East have THIS symbol as the sign of the "god returning and the end of days.
(forgive the crudity i meant to get this out quickly.)
>>
>>19465527
What is the reason?
>>
this is why i never understood religion like just look up nigger there's a god right there worship that if you have to
>>
>>19465546
this symbol is a representation of an astrological sign that i supposed to appear with the "end times" have begun.

I have thought about it for years, the Arabs where quite good at astronomy before they threw them selves into their perpetual dark ages. They knew of the cycles of the Galactic equinox, the procession of constellations, the movement of planets, and every lunar and solar eclipse for decades. It would be in there records of these events and many that occurred back when Babylon still stood.

Including a certain "winged planet"
>>
>>19465571
>Arabs where quite good at astronomy
Indians were quite good at astronomy. They know the movement of the heavens and could calculate relative mass as well as distance. Arabs were just scratching at truths written in indian texts already ancient to them.
>>
>>19465581
Arabs where also quite good at stealing shit.
Including knowledge. Hell they got the symbol wrong, they think its a crescent moon.
>>
Been thinking all day long about looking at it with no glasses. What are they hiding? What will I see? Will I go blind?
>>
>>19465600
You will damage your retinas permanently.
>>
>>19465571
>Egyptians, Mayans, Inkas, Stonehenge, ancient round stone formations.....
>>
>>19465616
Have you experiences this yourself?
>>
>>19465600
Once the sun is totally covered by the moon then you can look at it without any protection.
>>
Visible light itself is not harmful unless it increases the temperature to the point of causing actual burns. There are handheld lasers that can do this just by looking at the projected point of light.

Sunglasses or even automotive glass is completely opaque to uv light. So uv can be safely disregarded.

So does that mean you can safely view the eclipse using sunglasses? Yes. It is no worse than staring at a bright flashlight or a 5mw laser pointer for a few seconds. You will live the rest of your life with no discernible difference. What is happening is an alarmist media combined with profiteering on specialized glasses.
>>
>>19465635
why dont you fucking test it with one eye if you doubt it then faggot, that way your stupidity only gets you a neat eyepatch and a dunce hat
>>
>>19465426
So they're hiding something on the sun and they don't want you to see because the moon will be in front of what they're hiding?
>>
>>19465600
Open your eyes as wide as you can and take as much sun in as you can. It'll turn you superhuman or something.
>>
>>19465487
for how long did you look?
>>
>>19466015
I gazed at it for a bit during the morning sunrise when the sun's rays aren't as powerful. It was on the easter sunday in April when a solar flare occurred, so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.

Gazing lightly at the sun for small periods of time at dawn and dusk are the best opportunities to absorb the sun's energies.
>>
>>19465449
you sure are fuckin stupid.
READ A BOOK NIGGER
>>
My bet is that something ellse will be visible in space during the eclipse because were not blinded by direct sunlight.
>>
File: 1501247659078.jpg (60KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
1501247659078.jpg
60KB, 960x944px
fuck off

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_eclipses_in_the_21st_century
>>
>>19465785
>>19465426
You're terrible people.
>>
File: IMG_1931.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1931.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>19467732
Not advocating any not wear the glasses though. Be careful /x/. How can I shitpost with you if you can't see?
>>
C'mon man, don't pick on the stupid.
>>
>>19467080
this
>>
>>19465426
my sister looked directly at an eclipse in europe back in the early '00s and she couldn't see anything afterwards for like 2 hours

don't do it
>>
>>19467799
This

"Looking at the sun during an eclipse is more dangerous than looking at full sun. The darkness that accompanies an eclipse can override the natural tendency to squint and avert the eyes, increasing the amount of ultraviolet radiation landing on the retina and making it more likely that you'll sustain eye damage. Your eyes can sustain damage even if only a small sliver of the sun is visible. The cornea focuses sunlight on the retina and scorches it, and because the retina has no pain receptors, you don't know the damage has been done until it's too late."
>>
>>19468033
If it were just a matter of UV light then sunglasses would be fine. Or the windshield of a car. Both are completely opaque to UV.
>>
>>19465426
The thing I don't get about "absorbing my sun rayrays"

>You absorb the photons through your skin anyways. So close your eyes and move your face towards the eclipse.
>>
>>19468053
I can see with my skin too but only with that hella dank.
>>
>>19468078
People can sense infrared radiation with their skin. Enough to tell when you stick your hand from a shadow into sunlight. It may not have been the intended purpose of the sensory organ but it works. Now I'm sure you're thinking at this point that doesn't count as seeing. But what if I told you it is still 10 times more sensitive than what evolutionists call a primitive eye.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreducible_complexity
>>
>>19467732

Your retinas don't have pain receptors.
>>
I glanced at the sun today. It was exactly what you would expect. I don't see what the difference is.

You take a peek, you look away. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>19468107
>muh eviloution

go home christfag no one cares that you're retarded and own a computer.
>>
>>19465791
not anon but I sungaze everyday, my vision is fine
>>
>>19465590
What is it if not the crescent moon?
>>
>>19469626
The implication is that it is an eclipse of the sun. You might have guessed this from the picture posted or that it was brought up in a solar eclipse thread.
>>
Everyone I know in these past three days have suddenly had the worst days of their lives, then all coincidentally seeking self discovery and self improvement.

What power the moon has is affiliated is scary and feels sinister,
>>
>>19465707
Wrong. The corona of the sun is at its peak strength when in totality. I have heard it is actually the /most/ dangerous time to look.
>>
>>19465426
Earth is flat and you can look directly at the sun. This is the product of American "education"
>>
>>19465426

Nothing is going to happen. your life is a meaningless crusade of seeking meaning and finding patterns.

the less educated you are the more patterns you fine because your brain fills in the gaps, even if he doesn't understand it.
>>
>>19465426
No, it's probably the most energetically powerful, but it only really has one probable destination. Humanity however, has potential, sure there are probabilities of collapse, but an intelligent species has far more potential power than a star, perhaps more than a thousand stars, and isn't so completely bound by the fate of stellar collapse.
>>
>>19468784
This, you will have no warning if you are damaging your eyes. My dad damaged one of his eyes looking through a film negative back in the day. Be smart, ruin your phone's selfie camera lens instead of your eyes if you must look. I am making a pinhole camera myself.
>>
File: yay.png (982KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
982KB, 800x778px
You can like look at the sun if you want to
No ones gonna stop you but if you hurt your eyes that then you'll look really stupid. Its no skin off anyone elses back
>>
>>19465527
Its the crescent moon you retard, not the crescent sun.
>>
I'm pretty sure superman is stronger
>>
>>19469824
The moon is a lump of massive rock floating in space, what "power" it has over us is just its gravity, affects our tides, stabilizes our spin.
>>
File: A Warning.jpg (304KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
A Warning.jpg
304KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>19472097
destabilizes fault lines etc etc
>>
ALRIGHT BITCHES ENOUGH TALK
WHO IS MAN ENOUGH TO LIVESTREAM LOOKING DIRECTLY AT IT
WHO WILL TAKE THE RISH
YOU COULD JUST LOOK WITH ONE EYE
>>
>>19468048
a lot of sunglasses are cheaply made, even big name brands
>>
>>19472301
Every Lunar orbit the new moon gets within five degrees of the sun, it's not likely to cause much more tidal force than normal. Remember, there are two solar eclipses a year, but most are over the ocean.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.