[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized something. What if god is... humanity? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: th.jpg (11KB, 312x162px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 312x162px
I just realized something. What if god is... humanity? I mean literally. Not parts of god, not created in gods image but literally god, but not a fully developed god. A child god.

>immortal
Individual humans die, this is true but theoretically all of humanity never dies. We can always reproduce and as long as we can avoid meteors or other catastrophes and have enough energy/food and procreate, we will always live.

>omnipotent
Maybe not yet, but we are getting there. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. A guy from the stone age would probably think we are gods if we showed him our technology.

>omniscient
Not yet but we aree slowly unraveling the mysteries of the universe. We don't know every single detail about our present, past and future yet but maybe we will be able to run simulations of the entire universe in the future and look into the past and simulate the future.

>omnipresent
Not yet but our earth is covered with 7.5 billion humans. Their experiences are connected via the Internet too. We are slowly becoming a super-organism and in the future we will populate the entire universe.
>>
>>19458667
>He fell for the modern science meme
Yes God is likely in the image of man and subconcious imagination is more powerful than your thoughts.
>>
>>19458667
Our consciousness is god. Each of our bodies act as outlets for this consciousness to emerge. We are all one being or one "mind." The only thing that prevents you from realizing this is the individual "I". The ego. To loose the ego is to reconnect with the Source or collective unconsciousness.
>>
>>19458692
I know that. I had dreams which felt more real than reality itself and I shit you not in one dream I was walking through my town and I swear to god, it looked absolutely the same. Every single detail. I could have never remembered all the details, but our subconsciousness absorbs far more stuff than we are aware not.

What is curios is that imagination also shares these traits.

You can remember the past and anticipate the future. (omnipresent) In your imagination or dreams you can go anywhere you have been or even places you never were. Reading a novel is a fine example. It sends your consciousness to places which don't exist, but still feel real. (omnipresent) and in your imagination you can be anything you want and do whatever you want. (omnipotent)

Imagination is just a small glimpse of what awaits us. Like dim sunlight which reaches far away planets. Only that it gets closer and closer the more we progress.

Our consciousness is probably immortal too, we are just vessels. We are not bodies with consciousness. We are consciousness with bodies.
>>
>>19458667
>humans are nothing like gods but might be one day.
K
>>
>>19458667
No bad Anon. Think of animals as the eyes of God. If you know, it's known. There is no head, there is no end.
>>
>>19458754
The idea that we can exist without a master, without guidance, is why knowledge should be free. Ego is just that.
>>
>>19458767
Ignorance is built.
>>
>>19458754
I had this interesting thought.

They say god is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient. But wouldn't an omni-feeling god make far more sense? This way morality too would make more sense.

Anything we feel, god feels too. He feels the entire joy of humanity and all of it's suffering. If you hurt somebody you hurt god too, you hurt something sacred.

This makes far more sense than just a jealous god who gets angry because people don't obey him like the mainstream religions say, instead of getting angry because he is literally getting hurt by our actions.

Of course I also said that humanity is god. But that was just a random thought.
>>
Omg you're so original and profound!
>>
>>19458734
>Our consciousness is god. Each of our bodies act as outlets for this consciousness to emerge. We are all one being or one "mind.
such bullshit...I'm definetly not the same as all those blokes that live for nothing else but money...nor am I like those sluts that will take anything into their mouth and/or puss for money...those are evil ones, I'm not them, there is light and darkness, diehl wiff it...
>>
>>19458815
You see in the world what is inside yourself.

If you think everyone is a greedy bastard who just lives for money, then something inside your soul resonates with that idea.
>>
>>19458815
You are confusing consciousness for the ego. Many are not conscious themselves and the ego runs their lives. Difference in personality does not mean a difference in being.
>>
>>19458794
/thread
>>
>>19458667
>>19458787
See vvvv
>>19458794
>>
>>19458839
The ego has a practical purpose though. People don't worship their ego, because they would fall into a black hole psychologically without it. They worship the privileges associated with stuff that the ego desires like money, women etc...
>>
>>19458667

Do you mean ilke some sort of hive mind??
>>
>>19458876
People like to say that when you go to Heaven, your ego is dissolved and you become ONE.

I sooo disagree. Heaven values your identity and will cure your body of any sinful illnesses and let you experience your perspective among the other Godly people in heaven.

I'm old school.
>>
File: Mass_Effect_3.jpg (224KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect_3.jpg
224KB, 1280x720px
>>19458667
>A child god
>>
>>19458887
Heaven is a state of mind and you can have it anytime you want. And I disagree that we would still have bodies even if heaven existed.
>>
>>19458898
Heven is a place.
Heaven is without the boundaries of our physicality.
>>
Sounds sort of like the short story The Egg.
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
>>
>>19458902
Heaven is literally just the absence of the ego, nothing more. Every single pain you felt in your entire life is because of your ego. If I insult you, I don't hurt you - you hurt yourself because you have been trained to associate insults with hurt. If you were brought up in a different culture where insulting each other is a sign of good-will you would associate it with pleasure.

Similarly the saddest aspect of our lives, our deaths bring us the most pain. Again the ego played a trick on us. We came under the illusion that we are so awesome that we deserve to exist forever. Nope. You are nothing and you don't deserve to exist forever. Nothing does. If you realize that you are ALREADY nothing even while living and that you will stay nothing, just a different kind of nothing after death, death isn't so scary anymore.

So the answer is heaven CAN exist but you can only enjoy it for about 80 years, but it depends on you if you do it or don't. Either use the chance or stay nothing forever.
>>
File: Interesting Philosophy.jpg (528KB, 1264x2438px) Image search: [Google]
Interesting Philosophy.jpg
528KB, 1264x2438px
>>
>>19458667
Nah god is my mate he's a cool dude. :)
>>
>>19458667
We can't be god because according to ourselves, the universe was around before mammals existed here on
Earth.
>>
>>19460987
Wow kind of deep. Is this what it is like
>>
>>19461038
This guy has a point
>>
>>19461038
Your atoms of which you are made have been around literally forever though.
>>
>>19458667
Collectives don't exist. You have to come to terms with individualism eventually. "All of humanity" is not a meaningful unit. Individuals matter; collectives don't.
Your idea of god is paltry, too.
>>
>>19461187
Without collectives you can't put a man on the moon moron.
>>
File: fates.jpg (222KB, 900x575px) Image search: [Google]
fates.jpg
222KB, 900x575px
>>19458667
>I just realized something. What if god is... humanity? I mean literally. Not parts of god, not created in gods image but literally god, but not a fully developed god. A child god.

God is a separate entity that symbiotically inhabits humans.

Although I don't support all of Paul's statements he was correct about some things, such as humans being temples for God (as well as other animals) - i.e. this is the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdI0QzcWfio
>>
>>19458667
>What if god is... humanity? I mean literally. Not parts of god, not created in gods image but literally god, but not a fully developed god. A child god.
You're close. :)
Only that part though.
>>
>>19461187
Individuals don't exist, your ego is an illusion.
>>
>>19458667
babbys first deep thought
>>
>>19458787
Buddy, who says God has morality? Especially our concept of it? I think a jealous God makes plenty of sense.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.