[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turns out most of Buddhism material on the web made by normies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Turns out most of Buddhism material on the web made by normies and for normies. The traditional Sutras and Vedas certainly get lost in translation. Where do I get knowledge, people?!
>>
>>19453850

Move to Thailand, become a monk.
>>
>>19453860
Wasn't Thailand 80% Muslim now?
>>
>>19453850
Just read translations of the pali canon, all of it is in dialogues
>>
>>19453850
It depends.
You can learn Buddhism for normies by reading the Buddhist sacred texts.
However the true Buddhism, the esoteric one, can only be learnt if someone very knowledgeable teaches you since pretty much nothing about it has been written.
>>
>>19453850
>certainly get lost in translation.
Maybe buddha's teachings were just as stupid?
>>
>>19453942
Nah m8 rohinga muslims do exist and are fleeing into Thailand from Burma but compared to Europes crisis
>>
zen without zen masters
>>
>>19453850
>Where do I get knowledge, people?!
Within!

All the texts can do is give you tradition. If you want tradition, that's totally cool too. But they'll only point you toward meditation and self-knowledge. Most people just cut out the middle man because the tradition was just the vehicle.

I'm not trying to sound like all the other people who write the same exact shit, I'm just saying there's a clear difference between tradition and knowledge.
>>
>>19453850
>>19453959
i heard that kundalini is a well guarded secret in buddhism
i would stay away from a religion that doesn't offer you deep knowledge unless you are really high up in their hierarchy
i am not saying anything against buddhas teachings, just that the way they are presented today seems dubious

truth is without dogma

try hinduism or just meditate and you will also find answers

concetrate on your breathing, on the sensation of air flowing in and out of your nostrils

don't hold your breath, breathe without pause, or how else will you constantly feel your breath on your nostrils

i hope this will help
>>
File: Zen.jpg (19KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zen.jpg
19KB, 225x346px
>>19453850
>>
>>19455467
is he related to dj michael watts?
>>
>>19455469
We're all related dude
>>
>>19455483
will you help me find my dad?
>>
>>19455500
You are your own dad. And so am I.
>>
>>19455505
I am your dad?
>>
>>19453850
Religion of the Soul. You might start with Tai Chi Chuan.
>>
>>19453850
"Normies"? Jesus, 4chan slang is retarded.
>>
>>19453850
This guy: >>19456184

Not far off. Also look into something another person on /x/ clued me into: Neidan, or Nei Gong. It's the real shit.
>>
>>19455297
keep your tongue up to the roof of your mouth too.
>>
>>19453850
I found this page by coincidence backtracing an image. This guy got everything explained.

http://www.kktanhp.com
>>
>>19453850
Yeah I always considered that kind of Buddhism Kindergarten Buddhism. I get knowledge from the sutras of Buddhism and Hinduism. I hold the non dual Tantras in the highest regard.
>>
>>19455293
>tradition was just the vehicle.

Good luck explaining yourself to the shrinks when you have who knows what kind of crazy beliefs cause of deep meditation. Without proper grounding you could believe all kinds of shit like you see here on /x/.
>>
>>19453850
Look for a good teacher. Someone who is actually enlightened. Beg them to teach you. There are legit enlightened people out there anon. I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few. You will feel their enlightenment like a force

If you want knowledge, finding a true teacher is the quickest route. It will shut your mind up from its doubts and immediately show you proof. The proof is important because you will never take the path seriously until you know it's for real.
>>
>>19453850
read kali kaula by jean fries. your welcome.
>>
>>19453850
one must partake in a pilgrimage to learn the truth. you must seek it for it will not seek you.
>>
Well, abhidhamma suttas are "the highest teaching"
It deals with the processes of matter, mind and nibbanna in a tabular and synthetic way.
If that's what you are looking for.
It seems that a guy has done some pretty intense, albeit original research on abhidhamma btw : https://puredhamma.net
and for reference i like this site too : http://www.accesstoinsight.org.
Hope you will find what you are looking for.
>>
>>19453850
The Knowledge you truly seek is within yourself. Forget about what you read online and simply meditate.
>>
>>19453850
Buddhism is a death cult
>>
Wouldn't mind buddin her hisms
>>
>>19456288
Connecting the Tu and Jen meridians?
>>
>>19455297
Kundalini ain't real. Nothing is magic. There is no thinker that thinks your thoughts. We can do what we want but we cannot choose what we want. We are meat marionettes and our strings go all the way back to the big bang.
>>
>>19458378
Most religions are if you think about it. The most death culty of them all is Christianity. It's all about the after life with them.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.