[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we be honest about social media in general? I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: business intelligence.png (46KB, 738x291px) Image search: [Google]
business intelligence.png
46KB, 738x291px
Can we be honest about social media in general?

I think it's a been a ploy to mine data from the early 80's

With millions or billions or employees and customers across the world, I think companies want to be able to secretly do some private detective type investigations on clients/workers.. especially before promoting or hiring someone

Can we start an open discussion about this

I think this is the same type of paranoia people have that meth heads will be digging through their trash trying to steal their identity... but it's actually going on-- from the first browsers like netscape they take these terabytes of data and sell them off and people dig through looking for dirt just like magazines do for public figures but instead private figures (regular people)

I think 99 of 100 people think their own money is worth more than the next guy, and every business in the world would love to have them as a customer but this is a consumer fantasy
>>
>>19453498

>a ploy since the 80s

do you think there is some super aware monolithic evil technological corporation with no emotions?

professionals from the 80s are retired and switched jobs, there are millions of different people working now, they are good people and go home at 5pm.

relax, nobodies mining your data, there are billions of people and youre a worthless rat, even if someone mined your data, they would get bored and go home for dinner then forget about your pathetic little life and find themselves a new job.

>OOH NO THIS BUSINESS MINED ME AND FOUND OUT MY DATE OF BIRTH

get over yourself, that 'business' is fellow humans that make up a company theyre flawed, they go home, they quit, the business gets audited, data is stored and recorded, checked and deleted, any employee thats rude or evil or breaks the law gets fired, there isnt an evil monolithic corporation thats out to get you. paranoid losers annoy me because theyre so self obsessed they think people would actually waste their time stalking them
>>
Just got off the phone with Succerberg. I paid him 5 cents to know what kind of socks you wear.
>>
File: lets get this shit started.png (504KB, 610x871px) Image search: [Google]
lets get this shit started.png
504KB, 610x871px
ill kick it off

You’ve probably had the experience of receiving mail, paper or electronic, from companies that obviously obtained your name from another company’s list of customers. But what if you were to have a medical operation refused, without knowing it was because the hospital obtained a secret report that listed you as unlikely to pay? What if a college covertly turned you or your child down because they suspected you were unlikely to complete four years of payment? What if you didn’t get a job, without knowing it was because of a report that listed you as a possible drug addict?

But data brokers are serving a growing clientele eager to know a person’s ethnicity, spending habits, sexual orientation, and specific illnesses such as HIV, diabetes, depression or substance abuse. This information may be found directly in data broker records, or, increasingly, it may be predicted from other data. It’s practically impossible for anyone to find all the information being passed around about themselves, or to correct it. As shady as it might sound, the entire industry is completely legal.
>>
OP is a double-dipper, just checked with the agency.
>>
>>19453525

sounds good to me.

>steal hospital services and get caught
"oh shit i hope they didnt record that i didnt pay, i was hoping to steal this stuff and get off with no record, but now this other hospital knows im a thief because they looked up my record, fuck technology!!"

>steal education and dont pay it
"shit! hope no one took a record of that, i wouldnt want another future college rejecting me due to the fact im a known thief scumbag"

>be a heroin addict with a drug record
"shit, hope this future job doesnt find out, hopefully theres no record that im a fucking weak minded addict, i dont want anyone in the future knowing"

if im a hospital and a thief wanted to steal my resources, without paying, over other genuine patients, i would be thankful for technology for keeping this as a record.

if i was a college, and some kid who was refusing to pay his old college applied to me, id be thankful for technology for keeping record and making the information accessible, now I can give the limited college position to a real student.

if I was employing someone, and checked social media and they were clearly a drug addict, id be SO fucking thankful for this tech.
>>
File: secret blacklist.png (32KB, 621x289px) Image search: [Google]
secret blacklist.png
32KB, 621x289px
It’s easy to see why an insurer, a college, or another high-price business would want scores on those they are considering doing business with.
>>
>>19453525
>mine data off 4chan
>everything people say is made up

Genius. I'm glad I'm not the sucker buying any of that.
>>
As far as conspiracies go, selling data is the least of my worries.
What evil could it bring? That I get advertised products which I'm more likely to buy? Best for them and best for me as well, I wouldn't want to get useless ads and if you really think someone is just spying on you and laughing about it think of how many millions of people are in the same spot?

And I have literally nothing to hide. my political views arent public in every profile like everyone else.
>>
File: 1502893129475.png (124KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
1502893129475.png
124KB, 382x491px
>>19453699

5 years from now
>have you ever been convicted of a felony?

>have you ever browsed or posted on /x/?

>be honest, are you high rn?
>>
>>19453498
It's not even a conspiracy at this point, they do it openly and they tell you they do it. They don't have to cover it up because people don't care. And the people that do care get called 'tinfoil hats'. It's frustrating that nobody will listen to you because they're too busy liking shitty selfies on Instagram or whatever the fuck they do these days
>>
>>19453498
Social media has always creeped me out. Ive never had a faceberg account. 4chan is the closest I've come to social media, if they can determine when I'm shitposting or telling the truth their AI will be skynet shortly.
>>
>>19453518
>nobodies mining your data, there are billions of people
Seriously? What do you think targeted advertising is? Can you explain spam e-mails and people who sell phone numbers and credit card info?
>>
>>19453518
>that 'business' is fellow humans that make up a company theyre flawed,
That's what worries me. Do you trust your "flawed fellow humans"? Do you trust them 100%? All of the time? I'd rather be spied on by AI. At least AI can be trusted to follow it's own rules.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.