[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /x/, I'm planning a big spook expedition concentrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: US_West_map.png (65KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
US_West_map.png
65KB, 1513x983px
Alright /x/, I'm planning a big spook expedition concentrated mostly on the western half of the United States, but really would be willing to travel anywhere in the US. Got some big places down like Skinwalker Ranch, Area 51, some national parks etc but I want to see if there's any places you guys would recommend to go to see /x/ stuff. Also interested in things like independently living cults/communes, strange stories of missing hikers, anything really.

Planning to document our trip and anything we see, and might post it here if we get anything good.
>>
>>19452484
Archuleta Mesa, NM - the supposed site of the Dulce base
San Luis Valley, CO - from cattle mutilations to bigfoot and more, there's a galactic highway area in the valley that's a UFO viewing point
>>
bumping out of interest, also you better camp innawoods atleast once.
>>
File: roger_penrose.gif (54KB, 254x253px) Image search: [Google]
roger_penrose.gif
54KB, 254x253px
>>19452484

Bump
>>
>>19452500
Thanks, both seem like good places.
>>19452501
Definitely the plan anon. Gotta let the forest adjust to your presence and Bigfoot will walk right on by.
>>
>>19452484
Bump
>>
>>19452484
There have been a ton of greentexts about shit in the Ruby mountains, maybe check there. There's also the story about the guy that went exploring in the mine and found shit there, and the location is real. I don't have the greentexts, but its something to look into
>>
>>19452484
Visit the Jersey devil
>>
You could go to the New Mexico state penitentiary. It's the site of one of the most deadly and violent prison riots of all time. It's supposed to be haunted also.
>>
My physic powers tell me your boipussy will be raped by bigfoot
>>
>>19452484
Check out any of the old mining towns in AZ like Jerome, Kearney, etc. Even better if it's a little map dot few people go to with the mineshafts around. Lots of spooky shit, old buildings, you know the drill.
>>
>>19452484
Honestly man Area 51 is probably a waste of time for spooks

Like it would be cool to see the base but there's nothing going on there

If the gov is hiding aliens and quite frankly why would they, they wouldn't be at Area 51 cause of all the people watching

There's places a hell of a lot more secretive that that base
>>
>>19455784
Whereabouts? Any suspected locations?
>>
>>19452484
Do some livestreams if you go out there!
a nice comfy crowd, it'd be like having us all with you without the hastle of inter/transcontinental transportation
>>
>>19452484
Central california coast has been a hot spot for ufo sightings look around san louis obisbo
>>
>>19455784
you wont be able to see much anyways
>>
File: itisamystery.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
itisamystery.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
I hear Wyoming is good for spooky
>>
File: 14.0817.welcomecenter.jpg (130KB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
14.0817.welcomecenter.jpg
130KB, 960x450px
the "UFO Welcome Center" in Bowman, SC is pretty neato
>>
Damn. Wish I could come along, but I live in NY.

Hotel Monte Vista, Flagstaff, Arizona - "Flagstaff's Hotel Monte Vista has its fair share of paranormal guests who have truly overstayed their welcome: A long-term boarder who had a habit of hanging raw meat from the chandelier in Room 210. Two prostitutes who were thrown from the third floor, and now attempt to asphyxiate male guests in their sleep. An infant whose disturbing cries have sent staff members running upstairs from the basement. (Actor John Wayne once reportedly even had a paranormal encounter here.)"
>>
>>19456560
RMS Queen Mary, Long Beach, California - "Aside from a brief stint as a war ship in World War II, the RMS Queen Mary served as a luxury ocean liner from 1936 to 1967. During that time, it was the site of at least one murder, a sailor being crushed to death by a door in the engine room, and children drowning in the pool. The city of Long Beach purchased the ship in 1967 and turned it into a hotel, and it still serves that purpose today—although the reported ghosts of the deceased passengers get to stay for free. (For an extra dose of spine-tingling experiences, see if you can visit the ship's engine room, which is considered by many to be a "hotbed" of paranormal activity.)"

Pittock Mansion, Portland, Oregon - "Oregonian pioneers Henry and Georgiana Pittock decided to build their dream house when they reached their golden years, in 1909, spurring the innovative design and construction of the Pittock Mansion. Unfortunately, the couple only got to enjoy their home for a few years before passing away—Georgiana in 1918 and Henry in 1919. The building is now a public landmark where some strange occurrences have been reported, such as the smell of roses (Georgiana's favorite flower) filling a room with no flowers in it, and a childhood painting of Henry moving, on its own, from spot to spot within the house. Clearly, death was not enough of a reason for the Pittocks to vacate their beloved home."

Queen Anne Hotel, San Francisco - "When it was originally built in 1890, this Victorian hotel served as an etiquette school for girls. It's since been reborn as a 48-room hotel, although remnants of the building's former life still linger. The ghost of Miss Mary Lake, the school's late headmistress, is said to haunt the hotel, particularly room 410 (her former office). Guests who stay in that room might wake up to find their clothes have been unpacked or the blankets closely tucked around them in bed."
>>
>>19456569

Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, California -
"The Winchester Mystery House might be one the disturbing construction projects in history. Following the death of her husband and child, Sarah Winchester (wife of the rifle-maker's son) was informed by a seer that her family was killed by the ghosts of those who died from her family's guns. To keep away the vengeful spirits, she commissioned the Victorian fun house-turned-macabre dwelling that you see today. Some of the creepier features include staircases that lead directly into the ceiling, doors that open onto brick walls, and windows that can take you to secret passages."

Whaley House, San Diego - "Thomas Whaley built this family estate in 1857 in San Diego, on the former site of the city's first public gallows. Shortly after he moved in, he reported hearing the heavy footsteps of "Yankee" Jim Robinson, a drifter and thief who was hanged on the site four years before the house was built. Whaley's family history ended up being filled with tragic deaths and suicides, many of which occurred inside the home itself. Some of the family members still haunt the landmark, often accompanied by cigar smoke and the smell of heavy perfume."

Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Since its construction in 1886, the Crescent Hotel has served several purposes: luxury resort, conservatory for young women, junior college. But the strangest mark on its resume came in 1937 when it got a new owner, Norman G. Baker. Baker was a millionaire inventor who decided to pose as a doctor (despite having no medical training) and turn the hotel into a hospital that could "cure" cancer. He was eventually found out and run out of town, although reports say that his spirit found its way back to the site—and it's not alone. The Crescent Hotel (which has returned to a working hotel today) is said to be haunted by at least eight ghosts, from a five-year-old girl to a bearded man wearing Victorian clothing."
>>
>>19456576
Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, Colorado - "A global reputation for being creepy has only made The Stanley Hotel more popular. Located in Estes Park, about 90 minutes north of Denver, the hotel’s stately Georgian architecture and vintage charm have lured travelers to its luxurious setting since 1909. But the hotel is most remembered for its star turn in the movie version of Stephen King’s The Shining. That connection, plus stories about rather bold ghosts, may be reason enough for paranormal skeptics to investigate with an overnight stay, or taking a Night Ghost Tour, or perhaps trying a psychic consultation from the hotel’s own Madame Vera."

Got all of these from some travel magazine's website, and they seem like pretty cool places to check out.
>>
>>19452484
>Planning to document our trip

Like blair witch or a faggy blog thing?
>>
File: benjaminhouse.jpg (105KB, 602x401px) Image search: [Google]
benjaminhouse.jpg
105KB, 602x401px
>>19452484
Hey OP, other than the Skinwalker Ranch Utah doesn't get a lot of love here. There are a lot of spooky ghost things here in central/southern Utah. could you check them out? I would be willing to meet up with you for a bit if you hit Sanpete county. Pic related is actually near Spanish Fork btw.
>>
Donkey lady bridge in San Antonio
>>
>>19456576
Winchester total tourist trap now. Expensive to get in and not worth the bullshit.
>>
File: 1502742010983.jpg (2MB, 3848x3768px) Image search: [Google]
1502742010983.jpg
2MB, 3848x3768px
go to the Rockiest in Colorado
>>
>>19456687
>There are a lot of spooky ghost things here in central/southern Utah. could you check them out?
Sure, what things do you know of specifically? Haven't planned out the exact route but we could potentially meet up if we pass by you.
>>
>>19457793
Mostly hauntings. Plenty of private residences have hauntings (and stories), but there is also stuff at Snow College I would like to check out. I also know of one or two abandoned buildings that I haven't checked out because I'm too much of a pussy to go in alone.
>>
Bump
>>
>>19452484
Go to Ohio
>>
Sneak into Bohemian Grove in Monte Rio, CA. Spooky shit. Also make sure to investigate all creepy derilict structures you come across and camp out innawoods or at an indian reservation several times.
>>
>>19455784
You definitely work for the government
>>
If you are cool with trespassing, find a place called "Bee Rock" in Colorado and walk south until you're between two canyon walls. Camp there.
>>
>>19452484
Do you have any plans to visit Alaska?
>>
I've heard that Colorado city, Arizona is super unwelcoming to visitors cuz that's where the fundamentalist mormons are. Saw some stories on leddit of people who stopped there and were told to leave immediately.
>>
You ever been to walmart at night in texas?
>>
Tell us about your adventures at skinwalker ranch.
>>
File: 1502783447990.jpg (8KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
1502783447990.jpg
8KB, 250x223px
>>19460222
We've been blessed
>>
File: pope-lick-trestle.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pope-lick-trestle.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
its a bit out of the range in the OP but the pope lick trestle in pope lick kentucky is pretty spooky. story is the pope lick monster lives under the trestle and lures explorers on to the tracks to get run over, dont actually go on the tracks since they are still used but exploring under them is neat.
>>
File: 1502759597691.png (12KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1502759597691.png
12KB, 645x773px
>>
>>19452484
If you go through Spokane, WA, don't forget to swing by the thousand steps at night, down at Greenwood cemetery. A lot of weird things happen out there, and it's considered one of the most haunted places in town.
>>
If you make it to Montana, the old Montana state prison is pretty spoopy. It also has a car meuseum connected to it that is pretty cool and also kinda spooky. The ghost towns like bannack, garnet, etc are supposed to be haunted as well.
>>
>>19461378
Oh, so is the copper king mansion in Butte. It's a hotel or bnb or something so you can stay there.
>>
>>19460744
I live right by there! A person just died there maybe a year ago looking for goatman. They were hit by a train. If you come here to check it out might as well add Waverly Hills Sanatorium to your list. That's a spoopy place if there ever was one and it's not terribly expensive to get a tour. Unless you do the several hour all-night ones.
>>
Spooky bump.
>>
File: the-buckner-building.jpg (35KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
the-buckner-building.jpg
35KB, 550x365px
If you make it to Alaska, be sure to check out the Bukner building in Wittier. It was a military complex that housed like 1,000+ guys back in the sixties, but they abandoned it after the lower levels flooded during the huge earthquake in 1964. Its overlooks the harbor where peiole go fishing, and is super creepy. Pic related.
>>
>>19462524
Spoopy
>>
bumpbumpbumpbump
>>
Hotel Monte Vista in Arizona.
>>
If your by Salt Lake City Utah you could swing by Kay's Cross. Alot of weird stories about the place.
>>
>>19459833
What will happen here?
>>
abandoned mining site in colorado are worth checking out ive seen some spooky shit
>>
File: 1469236502396.png (335KB, 1891x2630px) Image search: [Google]
1469236502396.png
335KB, 1891x2630px
i always wanted to go out there and look around im thinking about doing it this year spring time maybe me and a bud go out there with some guns and hope we dont get rape while we live stream it anyone eles thoght about this before?
>>
come to the eastern half of yellowstone. i'll greentext one of my semi spook stories.

> deep inna woods with friend
>after about 3 days of hiking we find this clearing that over looks a lake
>set up camp and wait for dark
>drink for a bit and decide to head to bed
>after a couple hours hear some fuckery outside
>sounds like a rat but magnified to the level of a bear
> 0 guns so i grab a buck knife
> go out side and see what looks to be a mix between a raccoon, wolf and a person
>it was bipedal with the head of a raccoon but with no raccoon markings instead it has the fur and teeth of a wolf
> i immediately shit myself and pray it doesn't notice me
>it was going thru our trash and didn't give a fuck about us
>after about 40 minutes it turns to see me watching it thru the tent
> ohfuck.jpg
>the mother fucker turns and lumbers of into the woods not a care in the world
>my friend didn't give a shit but i was shittin bricks
> mf when i saw a new species

i got more about my adventures in yellowstone a lot of weird shit is deep in those woods
>>
File: 9153774172_6f6c6b949c_b.jpg (202KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
9153774172_6f6c6b949c_b.jpg
202KB, 1024x683px
>>19452484
If you ever come here to Hayward CA, check the Holiday Bowl building. After being a huge attraction for 40+ years, it's long since been abandoned for almost two decades now. When I was in high school, my friends and I would hop the fence and use the abandoned building to do drugs. 2009 we picked the lock on one of the service doors and hung out in the main hall to eat brownies or vaporize weed (which involved ghetto rigging a bong and some plastic bags unlike how kids "vape" today). It would've been a permanent hangout too but it was so disgusting when you actually got down to it.
Way too many cobwebs and spider nests all over the place, and by now the pest infestation has probably tripled in size since then. The worse thing though is the smell, it's like rotting meat, maybe the dining hall had some leftover stock that was never removed after closing down. Only the smell of weed let us tolerate the persisting stench. I do remember one thing though, the manager's office in that building located in the back is boarded up on top of having the doorknob busted up by some heavy bludgeon.
Nobody's allowed in there for obvious reasons, but like I said it could be worth checking it out. Even if it turns out to be nothing, you can at least explore an abandoned building that doesn't have tiny hallways and rooms is like.
>>
>>19452484
there was a story about some creature in the dc metro area. if you're interested.
>>
>>19452484

from what i've read here on /x/ going to a national park is enough for spoopy stuff
>>
File: filename-599000-43975034938947.jpg (38KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
filename-599000-43975034938947.jpg
38KB, 550x366px
Moss mansion in billings montana. Claimed to be haunted, kinda spooky, coolest fucking archetechture I've ever seen. Every different room is built with styles from different countries and eras, and religious symbols are used.
>>
>>19452484

>expecting to be spooked when you're surrounded by tourists in the most touristy destinations in the u.s.

if you're looking for spoops, go with the appalachian trail (minus the smokies, unless it's during off-season because it gets busy like western u.s. national parks).

Start in Asheville, N.C. and travel around NE Tennesee, SE Kentucky, W Virginia, SW West Virginia, NW North Carolina.

Ultimate spoops. It's hard to explain, but I've been to just about every mountain range in the U.S. Something very eerie about the appalachians. It feels "alive" when you're in them at night. Like you're not sure what weird fucking beings are lurking around your cabin. The fog there is incredible. It's like a permanent horror story. No matter the time of day, the season, the mountains are surrounded by a constant fog / mist. Lots of witches, occultists, and hermits runaway to these mountains.

The Ulster Scots who settled central and southern appalachia were amazed to find so few native americans living there (compared to new england and the rest of the country. Apparently it was a very unsacred placed in NA folklore. The Appalachians translates to something like "dark and bloody ground" in Cherokee language.
>>
>>19452484
Can you take me with you? I live in new york and have a bag packed
>>
>>19452484
There are a few indian burial grounds in washington, millions died out there, especially round the columbia river.

Might wanna look into that, stay the night near such places.
>>
Rural wisconsin has some really weird shit.
>>
>>19469606
>The Ulster Scots who settled central and southern appalachia were amazed to find so few native americans living there
Most of West Virginia was considered sacred hunting ground by various native tribes and they refused to settle there. I also heard that they believed animal spirits would attack settlements that they would build.
>>
>>19468066
Story?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.