[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have no consciousness after you die, then what proof is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: C_9PXFvVwAEGUxt.jpg (37KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
C_9PXFvVwAEGUxt.jpg
37KB, 512x512px
If you have no consciousness after you die, then what proof is there that you ever existed in the first place from your POV?
>>
Who says you don't have consciousness after you die? You do. There are plenty of people here who have lived multiple lives.
>>
>>19450972
There is none. Karl Marx might not even be real. He could just be Santa repurposed as a mascot for food scarcity.
>>
>>19450972
The body is a prison and at the death the lock is opened. The soul is sucked into the light, it's memory wiped, and recycled to begin another life on earth. The goal is to find the key while you are still living and to end this process.
>>
>>19451029
Not a bad larp, but I've seen better I r8 it 21/33
>>
existence only began when i had my first memory and existence will end once i die
>>
>>19451099
Existence cannot actually end as potential (for something to exist) cannot be destroyed.

You will always be somebody.
>>
>>19451124
you are speaking of the rotting biomass I leave behind when I die?
>>
>>19450972
Your corpse no longer has consciousness, the energy that gave it such however returns to the godhead
>>
>>19451266
Then the godhead puts you in a box and laughs at you for living a stupid life.
>>
>>19450972
The question you pose is pointless because if
>you have no consciousness after you die
then
> your POV
doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>19450972
What did you experience before you were born? Understand that and you understand what it is like to not exist.
>>
>>19451306
But anon, that's what the Demiurge does
>>
>>19451525
Well then maybe the godhead is something greater that we can't understand.
>>
I adhere to the logic of Buddhism which posits neither an eternal soul which survives death nor annihilation upon death but a karmic continuity of action and effect that has no absolute beginning or end... but if the modern day meme is true and death is the complete end, everything becomes permitted in life. whatever you want to do, you might as well do it, if you don't mind the possible consequences within your single lifetime, that is. this is why although atheism in general is probably correct, it leads to the degradation of moral life, as one cannot justify the abstention from actions which please one's self but may harm others or one's self and one has little incentive to purifying one's life. along with evil acts, suicide becomes totally justified in the materialistic modern day meme theory of things, since in their view death is the end, and someone suffering will then see suicide as a direct route to nirvana, when if the Buddhist theory of karma and effect is true, suicide is not such an easy way out, and a contemplative person will consider this deeply before brashly taking his own life in the naive expectation of extinction.
>>
>>19451451
the alabaster box ? i managed to mess up that 1 side pretty good. took a while
>>
File: Check em.jpg (271KB, 1358x850px) Image search: [Google]
Check em.jpg
271KB, 1358x850px
>>19451562
>22:33:11
>the godhead is something greater that we can't understand.
>>
File: 01100.gif (650KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
01100.gif
650KB, 512x512px
>>19450972
>>
>>19450972
There isn't. You really don't exist. The thoughts in your head aren't even real. You're a flicker of light on a wall, and just about as meaningful.
>>
>>19451678
Basically, unless someone really powerful decides "I liked that flicker. I'll make another one."
>>
>>19451569
If it is not eternal then when does it disappear and how?
>>
>>19450972
zero
>>
>>19450972
What do suicide bombers see after death?
>>
>>19451029

Then what? You have the key, do whatever you want, get bored or whatever, then you throw that key away and come here so you can find the key again.

I mean how do you think you got here in the first place? There is no end.
>>
>>19450972
There may be no after life and you may not have any ability to decern if you really existed after your consciousness is gone, but your edge lord fucking OP doesn't make the fact that the living will still have memories of you, and your body which has been only borrowing resources from the earth will now return to the earth.
>>
>>19451029

EN-LIGHT-EN-MENT
>>
>>19451029

There is this theory that you will live every life on earth. But if that's true than I am the only one and i'm talking to myself all the time. Feels lonely.
>>
>>19451451
Go fuck off back to red dit with your trite Mark Twain paraphrasing.
>>
>>19453391
We are the only one here. One "mind" or consciousness divided into many different parts. The individual "I", personality, ego prevents us from realizing this.
>>
The possibilities of what happen after death are infinite because we have no idea what happens. Everyone makes an opinion about it but there is no proof for any explanation. To answer your question nobody knows what happens.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.