[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /x/. I'm a harsh non-believet and awful skeptic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 582030320b98025e.jpg (65KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
582030320b98025e.jpg
65KB, 600x334px
Okay, /x/. I'm a harsh non-believet and awful skeptic.

I came here to ask one thing, though. What can manipulate "luck" or anything alike?

For a little background, let me explain. I am an air force maintenance team E&E currently working on F-15s, have been doing so for the past two years. When I came to my squadron, I had awful, awful luck. Whenever I went to figure out or fix a malfunction, nothing would go well, the simplest of jobs would prolong for hours beyond what it should have been in the first place, i.e opening and closing a panel taking hours because one of the screws was jammed and then the holding bridge broken and so on and so forth. This went on for a year and a half, here it just seemed like had really, really bad luck with everything I did. Eventually, came the breaking point. We received a new aircraft that was quite the wildcard, it was wonky and I never really believed it could ever fly. And it tried for a while, and it had an awful amount of malfunctions. And I was sent to fix it. Without getting into detail, I stayed put fixing it for 4 weeks straight, and eventually, it was complete. I've done everything, and the aircraft has been flying ever since with not a single malfunction.

After that while incident, my bad luck seemed to fade away. Aircrafts would return without E&E malfunctions, everything I did went smoothly, any time anyone had a problem, I'd come and it would just be fixed right there. (I'm a technical sergeant)

Is there any relations between the two? What changed? What could have cause my bad and/or good "luck"? I'd love to hear a few explanations.

Pic related, it's F-15B 122, a disgusting Frankenstein built from mainly two other burnt down F-15s.
>>
Are you even supposed to be talking about any of this?
>>
>>19443851
Doesn't really matter. 122 is know worldwide and this picture is from Google, so I suppose it's fine. There's nothing classified here I'm not supposed to be talking about.
>>
>>19443851
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2017/05/15/meet-the-israel-air-force-unit-that-frankensteined-a-totaled-f-15/

For reference, here's an article.
>>
If you could do anything to improve luck, it wouldn't be luck. You either have it or you don't. Rabbit's feet, horseshoes, four-leaf clovers, those are all placebos. That's not to say placebos don't work, just by having a lucky charm you might feel luckier and perform better.
>>
>>19443854
>>19443857
Let's talk about cars instead.
You've owned cars right?
Did you ever get the feeling that the driver doesn't choose the car, but the car chooses the driver?
>>
>>19443859
Well, I don't have any of those. Never did either. So what is it? Karma? Mojo? I really know nothing of these things, and that's why I'm here.

>>19443860
I do own a car, though no, I never really felt like that. Either way, it's not only 122, pried to me working on it, it was every single aircraft I worked on.
>>
>>19443873
You own a car and you never once tried to get acquainted with it's personality? You never once sought out it's soul? You never once tried to mind-meld with it for maximum symbiosis?
I wonder what happens when the principles of animism are applied to machines...
>>
>>19443881
Nope, never done any of that. Never even heard of that. Closest I've heard about something like that is that jets have souls. When everything's calm, they come back all broken and wonky, but when time comes, and war breaks out, they come back perfect, every single time.
>>
File: received_10211090103623124.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211090103623124.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I have an attachment with my project car I feel that there is some sort of connection. It's actually gotten me a job working in the industrial maintenance field.
>>
>>19443884
Some would say that all machines have souls.
From the computers we're shitposting at each other with now, to our coffee makers, down to our wristwatches. All machines.
A vehicle is a powerful symbiote.
True, it can't do much on it's own, eh, officially, but it's not just a metal box. It's a living organism that becomes an extension of the physical body. At least according to this model of thought.
tl;dr machines aren't separate tools, their living extensions of the wielder.
>>
>>19443891
That's quite an interesting way to look at things.

>>19443894
I can see where you're coming from, but this still doesn't really answer my initial question.
>>
>>19443910
Sorry, maybe I got sidetracked.
Maybe they like you now.
>>
>>19443915
Huh. Now we're getting somewhere. Does them having souls means that they have feelings too? And why would they not like me then and suddenly like me now?
>>
>>19443842
I'd say that by sitting yourself down to really fix that hard plane, you fixed some energetic concerns inside yourself, and now things are flowing better in you and it's reflected in reality. That's how it works in my experience.
>>
>>19443920
Yes, beings with souls also have feelings. Again, this is all hypothetical, just an interesting thought-model to consider, if for no other reason that thinking about things in new ways.
In that case, seeing as how we're talking about some very serious birds, I would assume that they are weary of most newcomers, but if one were to prove them self to be a friend...
>>
>>19443927
>>19443929
Well, thank you both. It honestly never even crossed my mind to think this way, and a little chill went through my spine to think this way.

That's all I needed, have a great day.
>>
>>19443842
If you were truly a non-believing skeptic, you would know "luck" is just a word for when undeterminable events land in your favor. There's no improving luck because luck isn't a thing.

>guys I spent a lot of time doing something, and now I'm better at it - I must be getting luckier
All you've described is getting better at a job, which makes total sense considering you spent weeks "doing everything" as you put it. What changed was that you spent a lot of time doing a job.
>>
>>19443842
Where are you stationed OP?

Fellow airfag here.
>>
>>19443842
Being a nonbeliever and skeptic I'm sure you considered the possibility that you're just a shit mechanic that got better, right?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.