[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who has a place they often visit during dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1208.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Am I the only one who has a place they often visit during dreams?

It started when I was a kid and I would have a dream in a place similar to where I lived but now that im older I realize I have memorized a map huge area of a place I do random shit when I sleep

I go to this place 2/3 dreams I remember and it's getting clearer and clearer and it's pretty unsettling when I wake up and realize I did it again

Does this mean something?

Pic unrelated it's the bums where I work
>>
yes!

actually I can only remember some "places" when im dreaming

like ill be in a dream and im like "hey I remember this place"

and it happens multiple times but I cant remember them when im awake
>>
>>19442871
I thought that was normal but I could draw up like 200 square miles of it...
>>
>>19442865
Yes, and you don't even know the half of it. Every time I dream and I'm in this place I'm a different character. Sometimes I even see previous characters I've dreamt I was and see characters I will be in future dreams.
>>
>>19442890
Never had that but I've redone the same situation a few times
>>
>>19442865
for me there have been a few different dream arenas. in the last decade i have had too few dreams to keep track. but i would say about 5
>>
Absolutely not alone. HP Lovecraft dreamed like we do, too.

I'm not trying to be spooky, it's a true fact about his life, he even kept a dream journal.
>>
Hey here's an idea. Everyone describe one of their dream places and we'll see if anyone matches another person.

Me first: The city on the water with tall towers holding up the bridges that link islands leading into the city proper. The transit center (mainly strange trains) is outside the main city out in/above the ocean.
>>
>>19442865
>the bums where I work
>like the fact you use the word "bums"
>gives it a Roger Miller "King Of The Road" feel
>>
File: 1492037854761.jpg (7KB, 186x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492037854761.jpg
7KB, 186x250px
Generally speaking, for a couple of months my dreams will all take place in the same location. It doesn't always look the same in terms of environment but psychogeographically I know it's the same place. Then after a few weeks or months it will switch to somewhere else or I will enter a phase of dreaming somewhere else or in unrelated locations for a while. There is one location near where I grew up that is the most often recurring.
>>
I swear this has been happening to me as well but my dreams have become more real like and I can remember everything when I wake up
>>
>>19442890
>>19442865

I've never been a different character/person in my dreams but I do have recurring places and occasionally repeating characters

I can remember the places well but not the people, the people I tend to only "remember" when I'm dreaming and I remember the sense of recognition when I wake up

My dreams involve a lot of cities that are connected by almost unusually long bridges over bodies of water that take long periods of time to traverse

There's specifically a wooded area that repeats itself frequently I'm trying to get to, there's a clearing with a series of small hills or mounds followed by some equally small pits. The elevation of the area gradually falls and meets a body of water

there was also a place i only remember visiting once but the dream was so vivid and memorable and left me with a very unsettled feeling. there was a gloomy stretch of beach lined with steep bluffs and spotted with scraggly dead trees. on the coast was a house that was 4 or 5 stories, built of unfinished rough wood that was a very dark color. it was filled with extremely narrow staircases and the rooms had weird side doors and trap doors and the layout of the house was very confusing and easy to get lost in, as if whoever built it did so almost at random or created it to be intentionally disorienting
>>
>>19442865
Do you work in Las Vegas?
>>
>>19443817
i work near downtown oregon so they spill out at the jiffylube
>>
>>19442865
I know it sounds weeaboo as hell but, for more than a decade, I've had recurring dreams about visiting Japan. They vary, sometimes with me waking up before the plane takes off and other times having gotten there and in the midst of exploring a city. The only thing they have in common is a overwhelming sense of happiness that I'm finally going or have already gotten there. I'm actually headed there in mid-October. I'm genuinely curious if it means anything or if I just need to lay off the animu.
>>
>>19443196
Just added "mainly strange trains" to my list of band names, thanks anon
>>
>>19442865
I'm not like you, my dream locale changes each time. But I do often find myself in a small, unreal city, which is at times "supposed" to be my hometown, although not bearing a resemblance to it. My hometown is big whereas the dream cities are always small, maybe because I lack imagination idk.
>>
>>19442865
My favourite dreams are in 2D, I always deel sad when i wake up and realize Im still 3dp
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.