[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

theweek (DOT) in/news/sci-tech/largest-volcanic-r egion-earth-discovered-antarctica.h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: fafdfhfl;.png (930KB, 994x730px) Image search: [Google]
fafdfhfl;.png
930KB, 994x730px
theweek (DOT) in/news/sci-tech/largest-volcanic-region-earth-discovered-antarctica.html

Alright you guys, this is what we've been waiting for. I am only posting this on the paranormal board because of the speculation that was made here. What were everyone's premonitions in the Antarctica threads? People talked about temples, caverns, ancient races. This is what they found! What does everybody think about this? What else do you think they're going to find there? Anyone have any other spooky stuff about Antarctica?

>inb4 volcanoes aren't paranormal
>>
Uh oh
>>
File: 1010354_0354_101.jpg (10KB, 415x420px) Image search: [Google]
1010354_0354_101.jpg
10KB, 415x420px
Could Antarctica have a portal to another dimension?
>>
>>19439765
Possible. Heard about how the pyramids slow the passage of time around them ever so slightly? Some fraction of a second every second; likely to give everyone within effect radius the time to prevent people just raiding and stealing secrets or even give them all additional time to complete before going back to the world as they know it. There are different facilities, it is possible that entering one transports you to another somewhere else; my thinking is that if you have already completed one then entering the same one will take you elsewhere to try again (Circle 2008)
>>
That's cool. Does it imply anything special though? Volcanos aren't that uncommon.
>>
>>19439803
Volcanic regions eventually have good soil and this supports Antarctica being the place of an ancient civilization
>>
>>19439821
The fact that good soil will be there in the future indicates that Antarctica was a great place for a civ in the past? Do you also think they chose to build NY City where they did because they wanted to get access to Wall Street?
>>
>>19440197
He's an idiot. Good soil doesn't imply human habitation. Even if it is good, the cost of getting through the ice and snow to actually plant it then keep it alive in Arctic temperatures wouldn't be worth it even with modern technology. He's parroting shit without any knowledge of how to garden--anyone who did know shit about gardening would know plants either die or go dormant (i.e. stop letting off fruit) in temperatures that low.

As is, there's only two species of flowering plants in Antarctica. One's a grass and the other is a weed.
>>
I love antarctic threads. But boy, do we get larpers lately
>>
People are worried about yellowstone, imagine if antarctica erupted. Ice melts, a toxic muddy sludge pours into the oceans. Mass aquatic die offs, sea level rise. Almost sounds like, I don't know, something out of the bible.
>>
The hollow earth theory that suggests large caverns exist closer to the poles only seems further supported by this discovery.
>>
>>19440963
Would explain those caverns,and how they formed
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.