[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying to astral project for years and it isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 27.png (2MB, 1211x1631px) Image search: [Google]
27.png
2MB, 1211x1631px
I've been trying to astral project for years and it isn't working. What am I doing wrong, /x/?
>>
trying in the first place
>>
>>19433563
when will they realize that the grass eats the sun.

all thought is it's own dimension...try being in it, alone, first.
>>
actually believing astral projection is real, just smoke a bunch of weed and take some cough syrup, should give you about the same result
>>
>>19433563
If you don't say what you've been doing exactly, there's no way to tell what you're doing wrong.
>>
>>19433909
Jesus, don't do that
For the sake of other readers, that wasn't a psychedelics tip, that was a recipe for a psychotic break
Weed and cough syrup synergize badly
>>
>>19434049
no shit sherlock, im not trying to give advice, only here to shitpost
also weed and dxm is fun as fuck, dont knock it until u try it
>>
>>19433592
Stop being edgy you stupid nigger
>>
>>19434047
I've tried lots of things, most involving laying on my back and not moving and just visualizing or meditating, counting, etc.
>>
>pretty much always get sleep paralysis if I fall asleep on my back
>am only able to fall asleep on my back once or twice a year

wat do?
>>
I think astral projection might be possible but I've never tried it more than a few times. The most I can do is walk around in the memory of the place I want to see. It's as empty so I doubt it's astral projection. I read a guide on it ages ago if I find a link I'll pay it for you op. Good luck. From what I hear is nearly impossible and requires a fuck load of concentration.
>>
I think this is the guide I read

http://howtolucid.com/how-to-astral-project/
>>
>>19433563
Tell me what you do before I can tell you what you do wrong.
For example, shitload of people try to astrally project through lucid dreaming, that hardly ever works even when they get "somewhere" - because in the best case scenario they're more likely to just lucid dream about astral projection than actually project.
Generally, siddhi like that are what you develo naturally through overall spiritual practice, meditation etc. There are some books which supposedly help by teaching different techniques, but in case of many people it's like learning how to dance when they didn't even take time to learn to control their limbs well, maintain balance etc.
>>
>>19435313
Sometimes I imagine getting up and walking around, sometimes I just try and "let go" and let it happen without explicitly doing anything, etc. I don't try to lucid dream though.
>>
>>19435318
Well, you won't get anywhere if it's just you imagining shit. I can imagine all kinds of things, doesn't mean they happen. All those walking etc visualizations are that - visualizations and they are meant to be employed from meditative state, with a proper intent - visualized as in half-way to actually attempted rather than just imagined, with your sense involving them enough that it's hard to differentiate from reality. And even then those techniques don't have to simply work for you.
>>
>>19433563

Go read Astral Dynamics, and practice instead of spending so much time on the internet or doing other bullshit instead of working for the things you want.
>>
>>19433563
Do you actually have sleep paralysis? I have terrible sleep paralysis and once had a weird astral projection type of experience, but ut was horrific
>>
>>19433563

>> What am I doing wrong

Coming to /x/ for advice on this. j/k

I am guessing your expectations for AP is to have it be like movies and comic books have shown it. With a target like that in mind, you'll likely not get very noticeable results.

Instead of trying to 'go out', I'd suggest ''melting away' first. It will be a much more personal spiritual journey and exercise, and it wont be the most pleasant either. The tl:dr version is, the average ego CANT go out in AP. It instead of being a tether to the body, is a net, knotted, and binding about the spirit.

'Thinning' of the ego down to 'what it really is, and needs to be, and no more' is actually a more daunting task than achieving AP. Mostly because it is an overlooked critical first step in achieving AP, and because of how insidiously the ego looks to overdevelop , like metaphysical obesity about the self.
>>
>>19433563
I focus on an item in my room, and "project" myself interacting with that item. A stack of books is the furthest I've gotten, being able to read their order in my astral state, then checking if they were really in that state when I wake up. Try something small like that that you can manage at first.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.