[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any new age religions based upon avid psychedelic use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2656.jpg (198KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2656.jpg
198KB, 720x720px
Are there any new age religions based upon avid psychedelic use and the idea that we are all one consciousness enduring indidivdual experiences?

Terrence McKenna would have been a great prophet.
>>
Not really. Attempts have been made, but they all fall apart due to a lack of inner discipline.
>>
>>19433435
It is the religion too good for a name my friend
Have you listened to the “trialogues” yet?
There’s one about resacrilisation of the world. Some great ideas in there.
Hold on

Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGtuJpoDoPE
>>
>>19433435
Try starting one yourself. You can make a lot of money starting a cult. Although following an already existing one is more fun. Id go to burning man if i wer you and look for acolytes there.
Best of luck to you
>>
Mindfulness is close
>>
>>19433435
Why need a religion? McKenna was a great prophet
>>
>>19433452
Listening to this now i love me some T-Dog McKayKay
>>
>>19433452
About to check this out now

>>19433485
Can't disagree with you there
>>
>>19433463
I don't want a cult. But, that does beg the question, would psychedelic religions just morph into something else? I mean, Aleister Crowley kinda tried to do a religion with drugs, didn't he? (Not an expert on Thelema so correct me if I'm wrong)
>>
>>19433525
All of these “trialogue” discussions are amazing must listen.
It’s him (Terence), Rupert Sheldrake (biologist, spiritualist, morphic resonance) and Ralph Abraham (mathematician, appreciates psychedelics in the most patrician way).
They all keep eachother in check and build off eachother’s ideas.., oh you just gotta listen to these three hippie dipheads
>>
>>19433435
Maybe you're just looking at it wrong.
Maybe Terrence McKenna is a great prophet.
His religion.. his, "idea" of religion, just needs to gain traction.
>>
>>19433576
One day we’ll be doing acid in the pyramids again
>>
>>19433435
terrence mckenna was a fraud and a liar, and you are a fool.
>>
File: our-reaction.jpg (18KB, 649x488px) Image search: [Google]
our-reaction.jpg
18KB, 649x488px
>when u do some digging and find out Mckenna is some CIA type shill
>>
>>19433435
I've Never understood why people focus so much on religion or prophets. It's simple, do what feels right inside you. Apologize to no one. Protect yourself and the ones you love. Spread knowledge at all Costs. Do not speak on things you don't know, it can get you killed, then you are no good to anyone. No one is coming to save us.
>>
catholic priesthood is based on ingestion of psychedelic mushrooms
>>
When I had HPPD from a bad salvia experience, TMack appeared as his head on a baby's body crawling around on the various shapes I was hallucinating cooing at them like a baby.

I took this to mean that's how I should behave towards the hallucinations that were disturbing me greatly and as soon as I started cooing at them like a curious baby they lost all sinister-ness and the HPPD went away.

Mind you this is after TMack had passed away. Guy was already my hero before this incident. Now I'm almost brought to tears listening to him talk.
>>
File: IMG_4296.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4296.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>19434815
>:(
>>
>>19433435
Its a shame it didnt happen.
>>
There are some religions that incorporate the use of Ayahuasca.

Pretty sure if DMT is used within a religion, it's gonna have at least some solid theology.
>>
We are not one consciousness, and it'd be horrifying if we were.
If you want to be one consciousness with a humanity that includes the kind of people who rule the earth today, you're insane.
>>
>>19437884
you're stupid or viewing from the wrong angle
>>
You don't need religion

Check out Alan Watts and Osho, the latter sounds like a sleeping bear, but both have good insight on "it".
>>
>>19439179
>>19437884
He's totally viewing it from the wrong angle. That angle being an egoic perspective. If you lost your ego you wouldn't give two shits who you shared a consciousness with because *You* wouldn't be there anymore
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.