[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/! Ganjafag here, I've often found that THC acts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0200.jpg (22KB, 383x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
22KB, 383x252px
Hey /x/! Ganjafag here,

I've often found that THC acts as somewhat of a supplement for meditation. I believe it has also helped me in my few sigil magick endeavors, as it allows me to focus on what is directly in front of me rather than my usual aimless daydreaming. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

This is NOT a cringy stoner thread, I am legitimately interested in /x/'s knowledgeable and unbiased opinion.
>>
>>19433002
Cannabis slows down the mind and let's you focus in depthly on one thing in particular.

Your observation whilst high allows for a more clear description which thus allows for more thoughts to flow around said object or thing.
>>
>>19433002
get a job
>>
>>19433017
>Cannabis slows down the mind
you're a retard, try again
>>
>>19433021
I did.
Not a fan.
>>
File: 31.jpg (443KB, 1291x968px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
443KB, 1291x968px
>>19433023
You make accusations about things you know not abop

Ironic.
>>
>>19433023
Cannabis gets you high.
Better ?
>>
>>19433032
no actually anyone less-retarded than you—i.e. anyone who's googled "does weed slow down ur mind" in the past decade—has seen enough to rightfully assume that you're retarded
>>
obviously it is no match for mind-altering drugs like LSD or psilocybin, but thc seems to expand my reality tunnel, allows my mind to wander in directions that it usually wouldnt come anywhere near
>>
>>19433017
Weed has a somewhat different effect on me. When it doesn't give me anxiety, it slows me down in a good way. I get the distinct feeling of dissociation. I specifically feel as though I'm a consciousness(or soul), that is occupying a meat suit, that is here on this artificial reality of earth.
In addition to this, I also get a very specific notion that we go back to a type of heaven, or non physical realm when we die, and that we've been there many times of many incarnations.

This could all just be me subconsciously remembering things i've read, or just the weed, but god damn if it doesn't feel profoundly true and real to me.
>>
>>19433002
The meditative / mystical arts are unified by the idea of perception bending, they are techniques for modifying your perception. They are phenomenological techology, which makes them more powerful than any crude metaphor. To blur the boundaries between imagination and perception is to contact "the spirit world" which is the wellspring of creativity. Awareness is one aspect of perception that can itself be bent, which is mindfulness practice.

Marijuana makes the boundary between imagination and perception more fluid, thus it is useful for meditation. It is also useful to refresh or augment creativity for this reason.
>>
>>19433048
thats interesting anon ive had similar experiences
>>
>>19433072
OP here, thank you for this
>>
>>19433072
>>19433089

Nope absolutely not the case. In traditional meditation drugs are the exact opposite of meditation.

Meditation is about stilling the mind through dispassion of the senses. Drugs do nothing but incite the passions and create inertia (dullness), the two things meditation seeks to prevent.

Sattva (clarity of mind) comes from balance of mind, NOT alteration of mind which is an imbalance. With drugs, all you do is reinforce the rajas (restlessness) and tamas (inertia), in effect further deeping avidya (ignorance, delusion).
>>
>>19433198
>Meditation is about stilling the mind through dispassion of the senses

This is only one particular kind of meditation, and a particular desired outcome. This is not the whole of the meditative arts. To claim what you have only shows your own ignorance and your own imbalance in letting yourself be led by it. I'd point out the other fundamental errors in your reasoning, but I'm already bored. Say something at least interesting or, if you're really lucky, something truly weird.
>>
>>19433244
>This is only one particular kind of meditation, and a particular desired outcome. This is not the whole of the meditative arts.

Absolutely false. What you are terming "meditation" is not actual meditation. Meditation is liberation of the mind from karmic cause and effect, which causes suffering death and rebirth.

Again, anything which does not result in permanent cessation of suffering is not meditation, it is a temporary "relaxation" technique and has nothing to do with the traditional sources from which "modernized" concepts of "meditation" are derived.
>>
>>19433198
so you're saying I should smoke sativa and play vidya? thanks for the tip anon
>>
>>19433375

If you do, you'll just end up back where you started: in a miserable state looking for release. Sure you may feel satisfied for a bit, but it won't last, it will never last.

Right now you have a real chance to change things around, but if you stick with the way things are, it'll just get harder and harder until you have no chance.

Countless people throughout the history of man have stuck their heads in the sand over this through drugs or what have you, and it has gotten each and every one of them absolutely nowhere. That is one constant you can be sure of.
>>
>>19433411
I do understand where this opinion is coming from, but I think marijuana can be utilized in so many different ways. You can choose to abuse it and make your life dependent on the fleeting sensation of a high, or you can view it as a sort of a spiritual steroid I guess you could call it. If your mind is not in the right place while taking a drug, you aren't going to find any spiritual gratification and you won't be able to enjoy and use the drug to its fullest potential. Basically I mean to say that marijuana is what you yourself interpret it to be. It all depends on how you choose to use it, it can be a tool or it can be a crutch.
>>
>>19433481
I certainly do not view it as an opinion, unless you consider cause and effect an opinion and not the actual state of things.

Suffering is real. Desire is the cause of suffering. Seeking out fulfillment of desire through drug use is a reinforcement of the condition that one (ignorantly) attempts to escape from.

Further, drug use does not create positive effects in regards to realization of truth, or knowledge of absolute reality. This is because it causes the mind to manifest forms, and forms are inherently limited by their very nature. Only through cessation of mind can the mind be transcended and the eternal unchanging consciousness (i.e. the self) can be realized. Without waking up to that, one will always remain in darkness and suffering.

This is why I do not consider my view to be opinion. Also, I hold it not due to its appeal as conceptual theory, but rather because personal direct experience has proven it to be true, as well as knowledge that those who are more practiced and authoritative than I also unequivocally assert it to be true.
>>
>>19433048
same. I had one experience, the first in fact, where I just started laughing because "this was the moment that sold me on this life" was an idea that popped into my head.
>>
File: Yin without Yang-1490967603.jpg (30KB, 522x462px) Image search: [Google]
Yin without Yang-1490967603.jpg
30KB, 522x462px
>>19433276
>>19433276
I hope I can teach you. There are two modes of consciousness, being and doing. These are to phenomenological reference frames of moment and time. Being is presentist, all that exists is an ever-present moment, and all of existence is change round this singular moment. Doing is temporal/eternalist, the time of time is fixed and the moment is variable along the line of time. Doing is narrative, and these cycles of death and rebirth happen on the narrative level as habits, and most especially as habits of thought. The presentest dispassionate aknowledgement of mental phenomena as just that, mere things going on in your head, allows one to break free of them by being immersed in their reality. It allows one to learn to manipulate their awareness to burn away self-destructive karmic cycles in their mind, which is an extraordinary technology. However this isn't the whole, because if it is it would mean that we are in an eternal hospital, the most boring of things.

Yin and yang, the analogical/atemporal/structural/relational and the logical/narrative/temporal must be in balance. There must be art so there must be passion, attachment, striving, and questing. We must live as the heroic animals that we are. And so Yin enlightenment must be met with Yang illumination, they are complimentary, not conflicting. It is about detaching to attach to something that is truly transformational. Yang/narrative meditative arts focus on ways to manipulate one's perception, to feel phantom sensations, visions, even out of body experiences by thought alone, to manipulate the machinery of one's perception of the universe at a fundamental level. It is science most mad to be sure, to so carelessly dig at the depths of one's self-creative potential, but if you survive the process the rewards are greater than you can most possibly dream.
>>
>>19433523
>unless you consider cause and effect an opinion and not the actual state of things
christ the term is "causality" you stupid fuck, get over yourself and your retarded opinion
>>
>>19433547
>I hope I can teach you. There are two modes of consciousness, being and doing.

Where did you get that from?

I am familiar with vedanta, yoga, tantra, Buddhist dzogchen/mahamudra, christian mysticism, etc. What I said earlier is in accordance of those sources. Are you familiar with any of this?
>>
>>19433550
If that is all you can offer in protest then I don't see any problem
>>
>>19433523
I do think you are smart and you present an extremely valid opinion, but again it all comes down to how the individual interprets the drug. The weak minded will use it as an escape, and others will use it as a door to explore what the drug has to offer, and to discover the many positive impacts it can have on the individual. I myself do not associate marijuana with addiction. To me, to my specific individuality, it is not at all an escape. Form very well may be limited by its own nature, but see the form in question here is the infinite of the human mind itself. In my own personal experience, thc has allowed me to explore the cracks and crevices of this infinite form. The individual is free to interpret it how they please, as the effects will range from person to person.
>>
>>19433573
>If that is all you can offer in protest
durr onoes an other bad logic, wat do!!!!! christ stop posting, retard—i appreciate your willingness to demonstrate the same stupidity that invalidated your first argument, re: making false claims that you're dumb enough to tout as true, but you really didn't have to make the effort
>>
>>19433523
>>19433617
see the negativity in this one? He needs the weed because it settles it. Chat around on 420chan, and get to know the attitude. These are the kind of bugs that this plant attracts.
>>
>>19433612

I appreciate you taking time to make a thoughtful post, even though it might not seem like it.

I find that with continual meditative practice, perception begins to generalize or simplify in regards to what is and isn't conducive. You may feel drug use has positive effects or is better than not using it because it can be a source of inspiration or what have you. To that I would say you are missing out on more effective means to what you seek.

I should've clarified that I do believe that all paths good and bad eventually lead to higher realization, but some have dangers and drawbacks and others do not. That I find to be a fact and not opinion. The reason being that certain approaches (when followed) completely shut down any and all possibilities of misstep and downfall. And they have stood the test of time for thousands of years.
>>
>>19433629
>m-muh pretendies
oh how rare and completely unexpected, who could have possibly predicted that "durr muh opinion am fact"-retard would continue posting sufficient to qualify him as "too retarded to discern between his subjective, retarded opinions and objective fact"
>>
>>19433657
Also I should add that I do not find it wise to trust oneself in a state of desire. All sorts of rationalizations and compromises will incessantly nag and delude the mind. Personal experience has taught me that temptation is curbed with iron discipline, no more, no less. Also teachings from those much more practiced than I say the same, but I believe in personal experience first and foremost.
>>
>>19433657
I don't mean to claim that meditation with substance is any more effective or gratifying than meditation without substance, I would say that is strictly up to the user/non-user. And I completely 100% agree, paths both good and bad will eventually lead to higher realization. This was a good debate anon, thank you, I suppose we should settle it here while we are somewhat on common grounds.
>>
>>19433668
I also 100% agree with this
>>
>>19433680
Alright, it was good talking to you
>>
>>19433002
Its steroids for meditation. I follow Saivism and the sacrament is ganja because of that.
>>
>>19433017
>Cannabis Slows down the mind.
Do you even know how THC works?
>>
>>19433002
What you're saying is basically, "whenever I smoke weed I end up high"
>>
>>19433002
Some magicians think that using drugs to conduct magick is cheating if you can't have success on your own. You should be able to get the results on your own and supplement them, not be how you conduct magick
>>
>>19435367
OP here, I totally agree, purity in magick will always hold higher value over drug use.
>>
>>19433002
I feel you, OP. The only times that I've gotten any profound changes in my state of mind through shamanic breathing/meditation were when I was stoned. Meditating stoned in a sauna is a pretty crazy combination. I guess you could argue that this isn't mediating because I am attached to the crazy sensations and altered states that this leads to, but I'm gonna keep doing it. It's an experience, and I think that's really what meditation is.
>>
>>19435455
I agree anon, I think meditation is dynamic in that it can be whatever the individual wishes it to be, as long as it produces a common result, more or less. It's silly to place meditation in a restrictive box when every person will have a different experience.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.