[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's make a deal, young ones. If we give you everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

Let's make a deal, young ones.

If we give you everything short of ftl and access to the exonet, will you be satisfied? If not one nuclear weapon is used to take more than 10 lives, for 1000 consecutive years(yours of course) can you build what in your culture calls Eden? Your solar system, the human birthright. You can try to leave with an advanced propulsion drive probe, hit something but it will either crush itself by acceleration force, run out of fuel, or explode from constant full burn before you reach true galactic medium. Staying in constraints of nonftl will take around 1700 years.

Understanding things like a more adept description of spacetime and energy itself is not necessary to thrive, but even planets will genetically stall. As pretty much all levo dna beings, the sequencing can often be drastically different in format. Meaning we are more advanced than you in every science except a handful of medical things because they are generally human specific. You need space, but don't need us just yet.

Can you suffer a lesser renaissance before the big one?
If you agree, petition your government to formally acknowledge help from space.
>>
>>19424906
Here's a counter offer. If you don't glass our planet from space, we're going to do yours. That's something we Earthlings call fair warning.

Right now we're in a very liberal phase. We've enjoyed abundance and gotten soft. But in the nearish future things may get kind of lean. We're going to go through some ugly times before we get out into space for serious. We're either going to be polished by our trials into The Federation, or we're going to make the Cardassian Empire look soft. My money is on the latter.
>>
Whatever happens take me, you can probably find me.
>>
>>19424906
>>19424975

shut the fuck up larpers
>>
>>19424906
Can i get the manual on how to use the exonet?
>>
>>19424906
Go back whence you came, dead monk.
>>
>>19424975
>>19425014
>He'srightyouknow.jpeg
>>
>>19424975
>Implying liberalism is backward when defined by attempting progress.
>Implying we're the hottest shit just because ISIS
>Implying other oligarchies running gun toting religious fundamentalist cults haven't achieved ftl.
>No one has nuked no one since it debuted
Humans are all coddled useless babies without their weapons.
Give me your zorpgazorps and krogan. Grow a quad.
>>
No. Give us the FTL, space nigger.
>>
>>19425182
You can easily define yourself as seeking progress, when you get to define what progress is. There's no one in the world who isn't seeking their personal idea of progress.
>>
File: 1462743522676.jpg (78KB, 520x693px) Image search: [Google]
1462743522676.jpg
78KB, 520x693px
>>19425196
>diplomacy
>>
File: throw-knives.jpg (80KB, 680x452px) Image search: [Google]
throw-knives.jpg
80KB, 680x452px
>>19424906
Go away.
>>
Help from an advanced race would be nice and all, but it seems like you space niggers don't understand humanity very well.
We don't want true peace and all that hippie bullshit, it goes against our very nature.
Humans by nature, are explorers, conquerors and warriors, it's what we've been doing for as long as we've been around, and we've gotten damn good at it.
>>
>>19424906
All I need to be happy is:

1) Not have to work (or at the very LEAST just let me work from home, I can't stand having to leave my house every day) to enjoy the basic comforts of life. Playing the rat race should be left for the greedy among us who want more than the basic comforts.

That alone would make me very happy honestly. But I would still have some lingering sense of futility which could be fixed by

2) Stop the aging process. When you take away the absolute guarantee of death in the very near future you give people all the hope in the world because, with enough time, suddenly _anything_ becomes possible

That's it. For everything else I could wait. 10,000yrs if I had to, and I'd have enough time to spare.
>>
>>19424906
>access to the exonet
Exonet or bust. I don't care how heavily filtered it is, how much information about FTL you have to redact, or how many jumps between an exonet root node and mathematically secured hardware it takes. If you have trouble making an interface that doesn't expose us to hypertech methods, then GTFO you're not real.
>>
>>19424906
'Dear congressman; on this forum I frequent an alien being warned me that space is big and I am part of it. It tried to get a large number of us to petition you at once; always bartering for less and being controlled OR pushing yourselves up walls for more and being hated/loved for trying.'
Nah meite. Nam ate.
>>
>>19426401
Immortality is terrifying when you consider the US prison system
>>
>>19428428
I never said immortality.
If someone shoots me in the head I'd still die, I just want to get rid of my genetic "kill switch". So I can at least have a _chance_ to see things. I can look at the future of the human race and think "wow, maybe I'll live to see it, just maybe".
As opposed to literally have death pre-programmed into my DNA like all humans do (contrary to popular belief, the death of living things on earth is not an inevitable and unfortunate fact, we die by design because it speeds up evolution)
>>
>>19425182
>social progress is akin to technological progress
This is wrong, humans have more of an incentive to invent when they point guns at each other.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASUHN3gNxWo

ALL THE BAD THAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD IS BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE OF WHAT WE KNOW IS TRUE BUT DECIDE TO NEGLECT THE ISSUE WE ALL WERE BORN INTO
>>
File: 1502517625327-pol.png (90KB, 383x505px) Image search: [Google]
1502517625327-pol.png
90KB, 383x505px
Nigga do you even watch the news down here.
Government on this planet is almost completely corrupted beyond all hope.

We can't do shit and most of us are the walking dead anyways.

Vaporize us or help us, I don't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>19424906
Fuck off m8 humans love to violence and fighting not this cuck (((eden))) shit
>>
>>19428491
I'm still good with death. What this world can and will do to us makes any kind of life extension wholly undesirable.
>>
>>19429749

got a tl;dw summary of this shit?

I ain't committing 9 hours to chubby slob in a t-shirt
>>
>>19424906
I don't know if you're real or whatever, but I what to know more about your way of living and your culture and language as well.
Also your political system and your nations.
If you could provide me with this information I would thank you a lot
>>
>>19424906
Regardless of the LARPing, this is a cool post
>>
>>19424906
>If not one nuclear weapon is used to take more than 10 lives, for 1000 consecutive years(yours of course)
How 'bout we just nuke you and jack your shit instead? It'll be cultural enrichment for you in the form of showing you two of humanity's primal drives: conquest and expansion!
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>19424906
>formally acknowledge
>Things that will never happen . jpg
So wait, if someone nukes 9 people, that's ok?
What is this shit?
>>
>>19424906
Why would your rp aliens be asking people with no actual power?
Are they a bit dumb?
>>
File: 1502551351066.jpg (13KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1502551351066.jpg
13KB, 326x326px
>>19424906
I will always want more. I don't want to lose you in that process though. As I always want more.

I don't even know why.

Why was I born around this star? What is my purpose? Who is trying to keep me here? What are limits and why do they exist? What is locality and is this a delusion? Do I have to care about the inner workings or not? What was the point? I just kept growing, getting older without a purpose. I don't want one dictated to me. But I do want a worthy purpose. At the same time I don't want to struggle and overcome death itself. That seem pointless. It's amazing to watch. It's not something I wish to undergo though until I am truly ready.

Tech won't heal the wounds left on this planet. A long distant relationship will only draw the suffering on longer. If their is a God, I want not to meet him and be blinded. I want to rest my head upon his lap before I pass.

I only have these words and the stars where I want to explore are still so far away. My chain, my people bind me here for the fear of the Universe and the Universal fear of them. I don't expect anything from you, I will be grateful for what we get though. Many of us are too critical on ourselves for how limited we truly are. We dig and dig and dig into the Quanta. Only to find more questions, more purpose, and more drive. Some people actually working themselves to death. We want to at least see you, we don't really even have to leave. With how broken our processing is at any rate, I assume our lifespans are permanently short just due to cognitive dissonance alone.
>>
>>19432657
I must say this though, to be alone in this Universe. It hurts a lot.
>>
>>19430394
I'm with the anon who wants to be immortal.

If I get too sick of "what this world" is doing to me, I can always still end things on my own timeline. And I'm not worried about what it "can" do, because I'm not at all willing to die -or do anything else - for scary-sounding what-ifs that might never happen to me.
>>
Playing pretend on the internet isn't going to fill the emptiness gnawing at your soul, seek professional assistance.
>>
>>19424906
You fools don't realize that us humans have created the ultimate technology that will allow us to build Eden in a few decades. We have created a creativity accelerator, where creative praxis is applied to the formulation of creative praxis to achieve recursive self-improvement. We have made an art A.I. out of our collective minds. This engine is one that uses the Darwinian praxis that sculpted us and applies it to information in the abstract; human informational technology is more incredible than you can imagine (or else you would have anticipated the profundity of our doing.) The mere power to manipulate matter is insignificant compared to the ability to manipulate information. Who are you to make a deal when all the cards are in our hands? You are dealing with a magical species, one that can make cards appear and disappear, and transform them before your very eyes.

There is only an ultimatum for you: submit or be crushed like a bug.
>>
>>19432796
Are you at least over the age of 40-50 to have some inkling whether long life is a good idea?
>>
>>19432860
Pure gibberish the post
>>
>>19432860
Fake and gay.

The Universe is conflicting infinity and void

If you do end someone, you merely end your control over them. They basically wake up a bit dazed where locality is still secure and out of your reach. When the world rejects one, IT loses power. Not he who was forced out of his locality.
>>
>>19433115
You project your own ignorance and call it that of others. If you sought to understand the relationships of concepts in what you dismissed you would be given more than you have defined yourself worthy of.
>>
>>19432860
You used the word "praxis" too many times for one post. It's like you just learned the word and wanted to use it so much... so you would sound like a grown-up.
>>
>>19426440
This

What a fucking larp
Any mildly informed /x/ man knows the government can already travel FTL because aliens help or the aliens select people to help in their ships. Whatever the case we already do this

Fuck off larpers

Also give us the whole fucking thing.
>>
File: eclipse_times.jpg (231KB, 1487x843px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse_times.jpg
231KB, 1487x843px
>>19424975
I don't think you understand who is making the offer, and why. The holographic Archonic matrix only extends around the earth and moon. If humans were to get off the planet they would quickly (less than 10 years) ascend to 4th dimension and become like gods. Many of us have been ready to ascend for a LONG time now, and only the soul numbing Archonic veil technology is preventing this from happening.

>>19424906
Stages of Archons losing control of Earth:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining <-- (you are here)
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
6. Being thrown into the Galactic Central Sun like a little bitch.
>>
>>19424906
This thread is pretty wild. Nobody here knows what they're talking about.
I know I've agitated for tech to be released before, but...
What do we even need to build Eden?
I think the answer is immortality, but if your medical tech is the one area where you're not monstrously in advance of us, it sounds like immortality is what we have to offer you in exchange for your help. :)
Medical engineering problems are but engineering problems indeed!

>>19432638
Aliens have little reason to care about formal power dynamics on earth, anyways

>>19432860
Everyone who contributes is an individual contributor. The accelerator is you and me, acting as individuals, playing with each other. You can't understand this thing through the lens of a collective mind - no such thing exists for humans.
>>
>>19424906
Go contact the UN if you are actually an alien, they have contingency for someone not being a larper
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.