[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Gnosticism is flawed, and the "demi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

Daily reminder that Gnosticism is flawed, and the "demiurge" is a character assassination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyl1qrpj_Q
>>
what the fuck is gnosticism
>>
>a 6 hour video

are you fucking kidding me? you would have to have some sort of mental disorder to sit through that. thats a literal 1/4 of a day
>>
>>19420284
when youre unemployed, time holds no meaning
>>
>>19420259
Uhhh... It's like the belief that the Christian God that humans worship is the bad guy that tricked mankind into thinking he was good. Essentially...

OP is right its character assassination to waver faith.
>>
>>19420187
I'll sit through this only because I really do belive gnosticism is about character assassination and I'm curious to see it how it is portrayed as the demiiurge.
>>
>>19420259
the thought that you know everything
>>
>>19420187
I though the demiurge was yahweh, and yahweh was jesus. I also thought that this was inherently his realm, because he was put here first. I also thought that he wasn't supposed to claim it, since it was created by another deity that sits outside of this realm. BUT he was still here first, and he is the most experienced.
>>
>>19420494
Why the fuck are normies on this late at night. Gnosticism is the strive to know as much as you can. Basically, science. (assholes call it philosophy)
>>
Gnosticism is, and will always be, heresy. Plain and simple.

God smiled as we killed them all for bastardizing his name.

The gnostics, the Manichaeans, the Bogomils, the Cathars.

Dead. Vanquished. Forgotten.

The next great purge is coming because the internet is once again spreading lies about a demiurge and our savior. This has happened for centuries, and as before, the one true God won't allow it.

Children, forget you ever knew the word "gnosticism." It will be legal to kill its adherents in a few years. Mark my words.
>>
>>19420500
The DU is not like Yaweh or Jesus, but like Cain.
>>
>>19420187
How come I have achieved gnosis and since then there seems to be a dark power that controls the very fabric of synchronicity after me?
>>
File: 147.jpg (182KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
147.jpg
182KB, 600x774px
>>19420593
>God smiled as we killed
Straight outta the mouth of a dark deity.
>>
>>19420593
Ah yes, any moment where people realize Yahweh is evil and they have to escape mysteriously a metric fuckton of his followers start murdering the believers. Truly a religion of goodness, unicorns, love and light.
>>
>>19420187
>God is always right and knows everything always
>never makes mistakes
>sends Jesus a few thousand years later to change everything and teach people the right way to live

I don't think old testament god and new testament god are the same.. I think the jewish religion was hijacked by Jesus into being something else, worshipping something else.

To add fuel to this idea, I suggest reading up on the star of remphan.
>>
>>19420187
Gnosticism isn't the worldview behind the Davinci code.
Gnosticism isn't a religion or a worldview, but a type of religion, when somebody says he is a gnostic, it is quite possible that he doesn't believe what other people who affirm the same.
There are many gnostic beliefs and religions, some of them old, some of them modern.
To be gnostic, a religion has to be based in the acquisition or experience of knowledge, some religions affirm that they acquire secret sacred knowledge, while other branches simply affirm that their gnosis is to personally get to know and experience God himself.
Some gnostic religions affirm that Yahweh is evil, while others affirm he is neutral, non existant or even the true god.

In my case both Jesus and Yahweh are to be considered evil together with the rest of gods of earthly religion, there being a God above them whom saves by giving you gnosis (you don't quite acquire it, you must receive it).
>>
So supposedly the demiurge is the bad guy but there's also a good girl around too named Sophia?

Why doesn't Sophia help us? Why have I never gotten an answer to my question?
>>
>>19420450
Roughly less than half of gnostics believe that.
>>
>>19420489
So you'll watch a 6 hour video made by some random to "better understand" Gnosticism, but won't spend six hours reading actual gnostic source texts?
>>
Protip: Don't put much stock into people who have next to no control over their senses, and yet are enlightened by their "intellect."
>>
File: alisylola_1502203239961.jpg (97KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
alisylola_1502203239961.jpg
97KB, 720x1280px
Facelikethesun Uploaded. In to the trash it goes just more apologetic half researched Christfaganity propaganda
>>
>>19423293
what's a good book to start with?
>>
>>19423293
Thats funny because iirc, the Gnostics are about realizing God within, which is clearly a serious threat to the validity of the Church (which wants to be the middleman to God).

So, in effect they are anti-middle men, and yet here we have people wanting to watch videos made by middlemen with agendas, instead of going to the source material themselves. Maybe the Gnostics do have a point after all.
>>
>>19420593
Wow this totally doesn't sound like something that would come from an Archon eh?
>>
>>19423326
Nag Hammadi texts probably. Plato and Aristotle had something to say about Gnosticism, as well.
>>
>>19420187
It is foolish to think one can comprehend the incomprehensible
>>
>>19423336
Not all gnostics fall into that trap, believe me in this
>>
>>19423326
The Nag Hammadi Library (the one from the 70's)

and

The Gnostic Bible (a compilation of the NH texts)
>>
File: rick.jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
61KB, 960x540px
>>19420187
friend, you do realise that the da vinci code has nothing to do with gnosticism. da vinci code is a sham. life is meaningless. WABBA LABBA DUB DUB.
>>
>>19423368
Da Vinci code is FICTION. But apparently word didn't get out very far. It's like saying "Man, I can't believe Tom Cruise hasn't prevented more terrorist attacks lately!"
>>
>>19423375
That made zero sense. That would probably make some logical sense in a world where paris hilton's gag reflex gained sentience and took over the world with semen as her currency and genocidal feminazis as her ally. And as they plunder the last of man's rich history to avail us with portraits of menstruation I hope you remember your little comment and how your memory will last only a second in the blink of infinity's gaze. WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
>>
>>19423390
>"That made zero sense."
>(said THIS guy):
>>19423368
>>19423390
>>
>>19423368
p-pickle rick
>>
>>19423396
You do realise that one day we are all going to be the dust that people snort up their noses to get high from? Probably the part of your life where you go - shucks dandy i wish i hadn't voted for that trump the day I fucked my dad wife
>>
>>19423411
I don't fear death even a little bit. I don't understand your fear mongering, either.
>>
All religions are flawed because they only hold parts of the truth.

Only in considering a great many will you begin to see the patterns underlying many of them.

Gnosticism is largely credible for its cosmology, the explanation of life and how we got here. It is not-so-credible in vilifying the "evil" side of Creation, of God, like so many other religions do.

There is, and there isn't, and how could the "isn't" be evil if it were necessary for the existence of the "is" in the first place?
>>
>>19423422
I'm not fear mongering. Just passing the time telling you that the da vinci code was a mistaken attempt at fan fiction on the gnostic treatise. No harm done. Jeez louise no need to commit suicide over it.
>>
>>19423436
>"mistaken attempt"
>"at fiction"
Wot?
>>
Not character assassination, his words not mine.

That said, I don't think the demiurge is any more evil then a child burning ants with a magnifying glass. He is simply misguided.

Assuming Christian myth is real, I don't personally believe it.
>>
>>19423439
What?
>>
>>19420187
this guy is the biggesst douchewad I've ever suffered
>>
File: 1501491905483.jpg (170KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501491905483.jpg
170KB, 864x1080px
>>19420187
Orthodox christfag in a sweatervest. Literally brainlet tier
>>
>>19423293
You f*cking psychic. Yeah I'm not very fond to reading mythological structure that may lead me nowhere to real understanding, at least for now, as I'm more inclined to the neuropsichology approach I can give this experience. For me it's more important to understand the archetypical dynamics the mind has and how to reach a certain state of unattached awareness that is, in my opinion, the path towards gnosis. I won't suggest to myself something I can't explain to others through the individuality of spirituality as I don't want to be considered insane again, and psychology and neuro analysis gives me more useful tools to battle this behemot of a goal I have given myself.

I strongly believe I had gnosis, the given intuition of knowledge and hightened senses that gives you eyes to see and gives meaning to the fabrics of enclosed infinity, but through destruction of character, a goal that was necessary in my personal development. I didn't knew anything about the demiurge, I found later about gnosticism after the experience led me to search and found /x/ that has been in a helpful way a guide, though you have to dig through a lot.

I read a book about interpretation of gnosticism but as I said, for now it's nonsense in my way of understanding. Nonsense in terms of me not knowing yet how to dissect and give a strong argument about it. I want to understand all of this, but it's a dead end enclosing my mind on beliefs for what I have experienced and not reaching further. My point right know is how this demiurge may be an archetypical boundary radicated on the ego. I am confident there is a long but fascinating road ahead of me that I want to follow and see what I can bring back, and gnosticism being the highest archetypical structure to be comprehended I thinks needs to be approached through its underlyings and build a strong foundation before forming mindsets.

When I have grown claws I'll begin with the Nag Hammadi texts (I hope).
>>
>>19423336
I was going to watch it in order to understand how he relates gnosis to character destruction which sounds a lot like a psychoanalytical approach. But would'nt the source material also be a middle men to God? I mean, I don't really think gnosticism is the only path towards gnosis, and that all truth has a "vector" of semantic significance that gives meaning to a interconnected web of value structures (Don't mind this second convoluted part I'm writing primarily for myself but hope someone gets what I mean).
>>
DU is the same in image as Demodex skin sin...just sayin
>>
I watched this video, he pretty much proved himself wrong in the first sentence. The Gnostic Gospels DO NOT say Yahweh (the OT god) is the demiurge, and its an intellectually dishonest to what the gospels actually say, they still venerate Yahweh as the Father of Christ, and their gospels state that the OT promised is Jesus Christ in the first place. The Demiurge is Yaldabaoth, and nearly every single christian that gives some kind of analysis on the Nag Hammadi has been ignorant of this interaction.

>>19420593

Luke 9
54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

John 16
1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

catholics literally can not, and will not read nor understand their bible. you're disgusting.

>>19420720
Its too bad not even the gnostic gospels state that Yahweh is evil.
>>
>>19423256

According to most traditions, it's something along the lines of:

> Sophia makes a mistake that involves trying to create a universe without the consultation of other aeons.

> Sophia ends up creating a universe that results in pure suffering.

> The demiurge and the creation of our own universe is a means of escaping this suffering.

> The demiurge is blind, however, to the presence of Sophia's awareness, embedded in creation as an emergent quality of humans.

> Sophia is trapped here and still suffering -- you are trapped here -- inside of your awareness, bound to time until salvation through the Aeon of Christ is received.

> So pretty much she's working on it.
>>
>>19424260
>Its too bad not even the gnostic gospels

The gnostic gospels are not to be taken literally, they are mythos you grab teachings from, this means you do not apply the same logic to them you would apply to a christian text.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (5KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
5KB, 230x219px
>>19424724
I'm just going to have to call you wrong.
>>
>>19420708
I get this too.
>>
exactly, it is a mythos wwy of understanding, all these butthurt morons crying out blasphemy, feck off.
Besides, Enlil is the modern parasitic corrupted yahweh, yahweh is a self actualising meditation practiced by aliens/elohim/anunnaki/archangels.

Mythos devil is a.i. du, physical devil is Enlil Zues, after Genesis 12 and thruout the OT but not necessarily in all the context of the OT.

If you are stupid enuf to think OT elohim of Number31 is the same as NT elohim of j.c. and luke9:55, then..
>>
Find an ebook called serpent unchained by son of man,

Also luke 9,55 is edited, the 'manner of spirit ye be of' part is cut out of many bible versions, just like many peoples genitals are cut.

Also elohim before Gen12 makes the rainbow covenant, after ch 12 OT elohim is obviously a different E.T as he only wants blood and cannot be omnipresent, described as a 'manly man of war' with body parts.

The word God is ye ol englush meaning, trick.
>>
https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/01/06/the-old-serpent-chained/
>>
File: numbers cross.jpg (765KB, 1167x613px) Image search: [Google]
numbers cross.jpg
765KB, 1167x613px
>>19426122
Jesus Christ is actually the God of the Old Testament according to Jesus Christ himself in the NT, its even part of the Nag Hammadi Codex...
>>
The old trick.
So why would the authority to judge humans go from the father god to jesus?
So jesus is in OT and does not invade for lack of chariot scyth counter measures?
So jesus rapes 32k girls?
The father of Yashua is Shiva Ea
>>
OT god, post gen12, does not punish you or anyone because of justice, he punishes because he hates you
>>
>>19420708
The “fabric of synchronicity” is Maya the illusion it works like mirrors think of Medusa think of the eye scales in Alex gray art, within you “ego” and all around you the illusion. Everything we do here is synchronistic we live in a world of mirrors. As with in as without. Weaken the ego subdue it control it and the illusion loses grip. The core “you” “me” actually everything.. goes to the next level
>>
>>19426569
Furthermore, the demiurge are cock blockers they don’t want people gaining enlightenment because if one person or a number of people, become enlightened it makes it easier for everyone too. the illusion unravels. They block us because they feed off our lower negative energy’s/emotional states. Demons and greys same shit.
>>
>>19424372
You're kidding right?
I saw a thread in pol where someone suggested our world is just an angel's dollhouse.
>>
>>19420593
this is what pol does to people
>>
>>19423336
I think alot of people would use the power for personal, hedonistic gain, the church is spiritual police, have any group ever got it 100%?

The 7 mansions and the Dark Night of the Soul are both Roman Catholic but extremely enlightened.
>>
>>19423429
In Irish Paganism, Donn (old irish for Murky/modern irish for Brown) is Brothers with Gorm (OI for Warm/MO Blue) Both created at once By Dagda (all father) and Danu (mother earth)

When we died before Jesus we went and lived in Donns House. He was basically like a distant relative who adopts you like an orphan.

Sheol basically, but he isnt evil, he just isnt very happy-go-lucky.

Not evil though, but now since jesus, Donns house has become derelict and the souls have all left (including Donn) so the demiurge has been "unborn" and returned to the source.

t. my 2 cents
>>
Danu is full of Holy Spirit against the demonic demodex of demiurge
>>
>>19420187
t. demiurge
>>
>>19429599
I don't think that's Irish paganism. You basically gave a brief history of Irish paganism, followed by how it was killed off by Christianity. What you describe Irish Paganism as being 'now' is literally Christianity.
>>
>>19423439
Lol, this nigga thinks the davinci code is a historical account.
>>
>>19423520
So this picture shows the wrong way to go about meditation, but makes no attempt at correcting it.
Yeah no thanks, I'll continue doing my bastardized ganzfeld experiment instead of just stopping with no other alternative.
>>
File: 368.png (561KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
368.png
561KB, 1024x939px
>>19429599
>>
File: lolhyena.jpg (64KB, 580x514px) Image search: [Google]
lolhyena.jpg
64KB, 580x514px
>>19420187
>the "demiurge" is a character assassination

As if the Gnostics made Yahweh look any worse than his official "word".
>>
>>19420295
when you get paid to do nothing a 6 hours video is worth your time but I prefer book. Did you read gnosis by kurt rudolph?
>>
>>19432681
They did tho
>>
>>19421573

so they are sensation seekers and do not care for epistemology
>>
>>19423429

do you believe in perennialism?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.