[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post theories/ some deep shit. I'm high asf and need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20

File: 9k=.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
Post theories/ some deep shit. I'm high asf and need some shit to think about.
>>
>>19411181
Were all in a simulation.
>>
>>19411181
A star somewhere millions of lightyears away made you.
>>
a simulation, inside a simulation
>>
File: 1500429685384.jpg (59KB, 747x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500429685384.jpg
59KB, 747x480px
>>19411181
>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
The world is exactly how you think it is.
>>
>>19411181
Your skin is crawling with billions of bacteria.
>>
Not sure if it's deep but think about your perception. What you're sensing as the world is actually just an image of the world created in your brain. Your senses send electrical signals to the brain and you hallucinate an experience of the outside world inside your mind. You've never experienced anything outside.
>>
File: IMG_8775.jpg (77KB, 338x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8775.jpg
77KB, 338x509px
>>19411181
This man is on the One dollar bill. Who is he?
>>
The Jews control everything you know and love.
>>
>>19411235
>Woah man I'm like... high dude and uh, need some DEEEEEP SHIT to consider man. Cuz like.... I'm just not capable of uh... thinking about anything remotely interesting, without first SMOKIMG A BUNCH OF WEEEED DUUUDE
>>
>>19411661
This is why I hate weed. I can't talk about weird spooky shit or interesting conspiracies without my colleagues being like "haha hey dude you sound high!". Fuck off maybe I just want to talk about something interesting. I don't need to be doped up on shitty drugs to want an interesting conversation.
>>
>DUED
WEED
LMOAAA
>>
>>19411267
This is no hallucination. We all see the exact same things. Except for the blind and other vision impaired individuals.
>>
File: KuwQ1kk.jpg (528KB, 1264x2438px) Image search: [Google]
KuwQ1kk.jpg
528KB, 1264x2438px
I'm everyone.
>>
>>
>>19411666
It's the stoner's curse, it fucking sucks. Maybe look into qualia, I find the idea that our languages are not complex enough to explain the actual human experience fascinating. Like you can't actually describe red to someone who can't see, and if you do you'll probably use words like "well it's hot", now imagine that same person has no sense of touch either, you can't fully explain what hot even means. So when you think of it there's no way to prove with communication that anything sense related even exists.
>>
File: 1485656332565.gif (997KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485656332565.gif
997KB, 500x475px
There is an afterlife, but there is no God. The spirit realm is just like this one, ruled by chaos and moderated by no one.
>>
>The Illuminati is not real, instead there are thousands of secret societies competing for control in the countries they are based in.
>Masons or other groups in the west, 13 fairies in asia for example
>Magic is real and is pretty much the substance of what Christians would call the holy spirit, Asia Chi etc.
>God is Real and is beyond any of us.

Its all real desu, one way or another.
>>
>>19411181
>>
God is the seed, the Universe is the soil, and Life is the plant. Everything inside the universe is an instance of God.

All living things are apart of the same whole.

God is a fractal self-replicating algorithm.
>>
>>19411181
Everything you are, do, think today was determined by the way you were born, and in the way your prime relationship with your mother went.
>>
>>19411936
Eyes developed because there was information to be had. Even without eyes we can detect EM radiation, which color is only a tiny portion of the spectrum. Why think there is a source of relevant information which we have not developed some sensory organ to capture at least part of it? And those parts we cannot capture organically, we have developed tech to detect and interpret this information into a digestible format for humans.
>>
>>19411181
The path begins with the odds of your dad meeting your mom (1 in 20,000). This is multiplied by the chances of them staying together long enough to have kids (1 in 2,000), and so on... The probability of you existing at all comes out to 1 in 102,685,000
>>
>>19411729
if this what really happens after death I honestly will be dissapointed. Reincarnation is one of the most boring death theories for me
>>
>>19412049
And what do you do with this knowledge?
>>
File: Demon By The Bed.jpg (15KB, 513x350px) Image search: [Google]
Demon By The Bed.jpg
15KB, 513x350px
Ghost are the living subconscious that lives inside our heads without the 5 senses. Causing them to go insane and do weird things or them trying to exist in their memories.
>>
File: spirit.jpg (37KB, 446x700px) Image search: [Google]
spirit.jpg
37KB, 446x700px
>>19412941
Be at peace.
>>
>>19412941
Consume other fractals to gain their power. The universe will go all kaleidoscopic and your essence will pervade the multiverse.
>>
>>19412973
And then what happens when you realize there's no more fractals to consume? You'd have to pretend that all the fractals are different again and start doing the same- oh shit.
>>
>>19413050
>no more fractals
That's not how fractals work.
>>
There is an actual real skeleton inside of you RIGHT NOW
>>
>>19411666
you hate weed because interesting conversations are usually associated with it?
get your priorities straight my man
>>
>>19411181
The elite are just a tool of extraterrestrial/ultra-dimensional beings.

And the elite itself a bunch of hybrids.Hybrids made of humans with that beings.
>>
>>19411729
the time thing was a neat twist
>>
>>19411181
I've been thinking of something lately that I've labeled "the frame theory", and it goes something like this: many realities existing at the same time and same place, just each having different "framerates". We would never see these other realities cause we are synced up with this reality. When you learn to "change your framerate" through meditation or by throwing the framerate off by psychedelics, things get "strange".
>>
File: 848.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
848.png
205KB, 659x525px
>>19411181 Ok so...if theres INFINATE realities according to steven hawking..then isnt there a reality in witch infinate realities are impossible and thus cannot possibly exist..HOWEVER theres a reality were there ARE infitnate realitys so.....Fucking paradox?
>>
>>19411181
>>>19411267
>This is no hallucination. We all see the exact same things. Except for the blind and other vision impaired individuals.
How do you know your red is the same as others red? How do you know others left isn't right in your perception?
>>
File: pepe miettii.jpg (43KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe miettii.jpg
43KB, 599x600px
>>19413307
>>
>>19413307
babby's first 'deep' thought
>>
>>19413113
He hates that people assume he only wants to have interesting conversation because he's high you retard
>>
>>19412794
*tips fedora ;)*
>>
god is real
>>
>>19413307
Because of the physiology of the brain and eye and how it interacts with the physics of light waves
>>
>>19411181
There is as an aspect of your consciousness which can only observe. It has no effect on the physical universe, except that it can only switch between which one of the parallel physical universes it observes. In every physical universe it observes, it never observes its self. That aspect of your consciousness is your (You).

Momentarily, another aspect of your consciousness will attempt to convince you that this is impossible. Please standby.
>>
>>19411181
Consciousness is not generated in the brain, the brain is simply a radio that receives your consciousness.
We never actually die, our physical bodies die, but our consciousness lives on, since it transcends our bodies, and it travels to a parallel universe, look up quantum suicide.
This would explain things like the mandela effect, something serious happened across the world, and the alternate universe where we traveled had a minute difference that we noticed
Think of all the times you *almost* died, but something crazy happened that saved you, then think of relatives who got into freak accidents
>>
File: we.png (10KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
we.png
10KB, 400x392px
>>19413569
>>
>>19411181
Assume the big bang occurred. That means everything in the universe originated from the same matter. All matter came from the same source even the matter that you and I are made of. Our flesh blood and bone all came from the origins of the universe.

Scientists theorize that the universe is expanding and then shrinking back on it self in a never ending loop where the big bang happens again and again.

You die and your body decomposes and slowly returns to the earth. The earth slowly decomposes just as the sun burns out and eventually it all gets sucked back into the source. But you don't experience any of that! Your dead its all nothingness. BLACK. But this is GOOD NEWS!

What that means is that when you die its like the blink of an eye before you are born again as a different version of yourself in a new time line a new BIG BANG. a whole new start to the universe where the new you gets to live life all over again just in a slightly different way.

Our consciousness somewhat survives this process and we retain some "De ja vu" as they call it or "Mandala effect" throughout our lives.

The more evolved or enlightened among us have learned to Transcend their consciousness and retain their previous liefs memories through multiple big bangs. Others refer to this as "the fifth dimension" where time and space meet. When you can observe all time as if it were written on a record you end up escaping the endless loop for a short time and you retain the images from your past life.
>>
>>19414198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2p4N7XrpV8

You create landmarks.
>>
>>19411225
Nuh-uh my mom lives in san diego and is also not a star dummy
>>
>>19413087
shit
>>
>>19413287
No, because the possibility of infinite realities isn't determined by the properties of one individual reality.
>>
stare at your drunken self in the mirror and see your other selves.
>>
>>19414228
Stars created the atoms that make your body
>>
We often think things like monsters and ghosts don't exist due to lack of physical evidence.

Yet there's plenty of unexplained, but easily recorded phenomena that we can't explain. Mass hysteria. Psychosomatic reactions. Inexplicable deaths. People disappearing in situations that would logically make it impossible. It's also well known that time is not linear, and we all experience reality different. What if, like in nature, creatures have adapted to hunt us in a way that we can't detect?

After all, if cuddlefish can evolve to hypnotize prey using lights, and trapdoor spiders to completely camouflage themselves with their surroundings, it stands to reason things hunting more complicated creatures would gain more complicated traits to catch their prey. There's also animals that can detect things outside of our ranve, like different light spectrums, and experiencing time at a much slower pace like flies.

What if these monsters are hidden on a more metaphysical level?
>>
How can we even so far as to think that all that we do is not so far from the thought?
>>
>>19414777
I don't buy that.
>>
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit – Eternal condemnation : This doctrine has become a source for a lack of faith throughout the centuries, because what kind of loving God would damn his children to hell for eternity? The problem is that this is just a matter of justice. The true eternal condemnation only applies if the Second Christ fails to arise(nuclear holocaust for example), in which case there would have been done eternal damage to God’s Will : an eternal sin. All who supported this failure would be deemed guilty of an eternal sin, from the highest acts like orchestrating a crusade against christians to even something as small as disbelieving in Christ when you have adequate information.
>>
>>19411729
Woah, this was really good
>>
>>19413307
Everyone sees the same color because science and light. It just might be a different shade of that color due to the rods and cones being spaced apart differently.
>>
File: tmp_13097-giphy(11)-2089753398.gif (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13097-giphy(11)-2089753398.gif
30KB, 480x480px
>>19415166
Colors are literally just different shades of electromagnetic radiation.
>>
>>19411666
Get better friends.
>>
>>19415192
HOLY SHIT NIGGA
THAT PINK TURNED GREEn
>>
>>19415510
No. It just turned a different shade of light.
>>
>>19411181

The dox of Anon5 was a false flag.
>>
>>19411181
Dead Space is accurate and Brethren moons are the reason we've never made contact with aliens. They also are responsible for the holes in space.
>>
>>19414198
"where the new you gets to live life all over again just in a slightly different way"

What about nietzsche's eternal return? Just constantly living the same life, same appearance, same hair, same family, same thoughts, same actions, same thing you did on on that date, same broken arm when you were 14?

Because I hope that isn't true...

I'd much rather a new timeline in where im slightly more attractive etc etc

what do you have to say on this?
>>
>>19411666
Checked
>>
>>19411666

Oh my sad, sweet Satan.
>>
>>19414004
I feel this
>>
>>19412794

Why think so? Because the universe has been around a lot longer than our sensory organs and sensory technologies have been.

What if our technologies do indeed pickup on everything out there, but fail to compile it into a meaningful pattern?

There's still room for growth, anon! There's still a whole wide world of wisdomly wealth to be had! It is certainly not meaningless garbage; nihilism is not an ends on its own, but merely a tool we can use to reign in our perceptions. However even existentialism and nihilism need reigning, as they are mere puzzle pieces of the very puzzle they attempt to devalue.

And I think you know it too without me having to say any of this.
>>
>>19413050

Infinity doesn't get to have an end. And if it did, it would infinitely restart anyway. But you'll never reach the end, so no, everything was never, and never will be, pointless, my friend.
>>
>>19413263

I believe something to this effect is very much real, however I don't think you're going to notice much, if ANY, of it as long as you're using your consciousness in tandem with the physical brain.
>>
>>19413287

Nature doesn't abhor paradoxes. It abhors vacuums and voids. Things exist because they eventually have to; even paradoxes, even Gods.
>>
>>19413307

This Anon has the right answer:
>>19415166

Unfortunately.

>>19415874

Due to the scale and depth of infinity, I can assure you that you will have infinite returns that are both the same and different; both slightly different and wildly different.

So, yes, you'll break your arm at 14 the exact same way an infinite number of times, but it usually won't be the same.

However, there is an infinite chance of you eventually returning the same way a near-infinite number of times. I do shudder at the thought, but there are worse fates, especially if you only remember the monotony between lives, or if at all.
>>
>>19414756
>i watch scishow so i understand advanced theoretical physics

lol your an idiot
>>
>>19411580
I can't see it
>>
>>19415672

Which everyone capable of perceiving said shade will agree is called "green" or its nearest local translation. I'd say that's pretty objective; about as objective as any science gets outside of pure mathematics.
>>
>>19416266

Maybe your mockery isn't off-base, but he isn't wrong, and I sincerely doubt you could possibly offer compelling evidence or even a worthy hypothesis to the contrary.
>>
>>19414198

Many people have thought of this one. It's basically an atheistic idea for the afterlife.
>>
>>19411808
Why do you believe that?
>>
>>19411245
To further expand on this, you actually have more cells of bacteria in you than your own cells. You are more bacteria than you.
>>
>>19414756
Your statement only applies to our reality, savvy?
>>
File: himba-colour-tests.jpg (18KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
himba-colour-tests.jpg
18KB, 500x241px
>>19416288
How we perceive colors is directly affected by our language. Color is NOT objective.

There is the case of the Himba tribe, which when presented with pic related can very easily pick out the shade of green on the left that is slightly different, but not one member of the tribe could determine which square was "blue" on the right. Because they don't see blue.

Not that they don't have the same color receptors in their eyes as not. Not that there is some deficiency in their brain. It's because "blue" (or any word differentiating the color from their green, or other dark colors) doesn't exist in their language and thus in their interpretation of the world.

http://sc2218.wikifoundry.com/page/The+Himba+and+the+perception+of+colour
>>
>>19416229
>Why think so? Because the universe has been around a lot longer than our sensory organs and sensory technologies have been.

So there's "something" out there that we can't see, can't hear, can't feel, can't taste, can't smell, can't detect with EM frequencies, can't detect with gravity sensors, can't detect through any form of radiation...

How would this "something" affect us in any way?
>>
File: tmp_30900-hexwave2000334246.gif (2MB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30900-hexwave2000334246.gif
2MB, 660x495px
>>19416975
Yes, that is true.

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19257721/#19259420

Just as the Himba tribe's belief systems filtered their perception of color, so too do pseudoskeptics' belief systems filter their perception of telepathy. Psuedoskeptics have a belief that telecommunication signals are demonstrably different than telepathy. This is fortunate for non-pseudoskeptics, as a world with pseudoskeptics without such a filter for telepathy would, due to their arrogancd, be full of simulacrum, with each event in physical reality having both a real and non-real version of it. But since it is exactly this polarity of perceived reality that filters pseudoskeptics from telepathically sharing their world view in a demonstrable way with others, such a world was, never a possibility at all.

The technical definition of telepathy is the process of sharing sensory perceptions. Humans have a receiver, called an imagination, and a transmitter, called a physical self.

If there was an entity that shared the environment of the Himba tribe, which affected their order of events and was the color, blue, then as humans, the Himba tribe would create a belief for that creature with relatively high priority. However, with no entity that has a physical self which transmits its change (flux) in the Himba tribe's order of events, there is no reason to change the aggregate sum of belief systems of individuals within the tribe which filter out all things which do not change the Himba tribe's order of events.

In this respect the Himba tribe and pseudoskeptics share a behavior in common; without a change in the pseudoskeptics' order of events, they as a matter of principle WILL NOT change their belief systems. Such is a vow held most solemnly by the pseudoskeptics, called "burden of proof," and arrogance by English speakers.

Arrogance is the belief system that filters out all sensory perceptions which do not directly change the order of events of one's physical self.
>>
>>19411244
Freakiest theory here
>>
File: Ebih-Il sumerian.jpg (61KB, 439x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ebih-Il sumerian.jpg
61KB, 439x768px
>>19411244
well fuck
>>
need some info on the 2006 volleyball incident
>>
>>19415874
If you don't want eternal recurrence then Nietzsche would argue that you're not living your life correctly. Its a philosophy of infinite affirmation of life. If you believe that you will live out this Wednesday over and over then why don't you make it the best possible Wednesday you can?

It's Nietzsches counter point to the religious belief in an eternal afterlife. Nietzsche says that the idea of eternal heaven only diminishes the value of human life here on earth.

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?"
>>
>>19414830
Check out rick and Morty, nigga. There's an episode where the family gets infected with a parasite that creates camoflauges itself as some made up person and then creates false memories of itself in your head.
>>
>>19417091
>Just as the Himba tribe's belief systems filtered their perception of color
This is completely wrong. Go read up on the experiment and linguistic relativity. It has nothing to do with belief. You are blathering out your ass.

http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~kay/tics2.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_relativity_and_the_color_naming_debate
>>
>>19417132
>would you have to become
How would you become this?
>there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence
This explicitly says nothing will change. So if my life has brought me to the point where I do not value it, then no amount of philosophy will change that. This is a terrible thought experiment.
>>
File: madman.jpg (263KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
263KB, 1024x835px
>>19411181
here you go senpai
>>
>>19417283
Your research is incomplete. My statements complete it. You either will or will not engage in research to empirically test the efficacy of my statements. By replying, you have chosen to engage in the empirical testing of the efficacy of my statements.

>Arrogance is the belief system that filters out all sensory perceptions which do not directly change the order of events of one's physical self.

As your self, you have access to the memories of your self which you have not modified. You know if you did or did not filter out the sensory perceptions that I linked in my post above. I will link the source to the data which generates the sensory perceptions of my post, an additional time below:

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19257721/#19259420

I do not have access to the memories of your self. By choosing to read my post, you have empirically tested the efficacy of my statements. You have either modified your memory of your self or not. Your belief systems either did or did not filter the perceptions of my statements depending on your memory of events.

If you have not filtered out the perceptions of my post as of this moment of your time, then I thank you for choosing to engage in emprical testing of the efficacy of my statements. The confidence of research depends on those who choose to engage in the empirical testing of that research.

Have my posts affected your order of events?
>>
>>19411586
not a problem, considering im jewish :)
>>
>>19417353
>Your research is incomplete.
What specifically in the research is incomplete. Cite your sources. And if you want to "complete" the research, you'll have to submit it to peer reviewed journals. Blathering out your ass on /x/ just shows how little confidence you have in what you are saying.
>>
>>19412814
survivor bias

you are bullshit artist
>>
>>19417293
Well you're not wrong. The nihilistic argument is incredibly strong. I've been wrestling with it for a while. But this thought experiment is not designed to give life meaning, but to amplify the importance of finding that meaning...

Generally people who take this position delude themselves into thinking that if life doesn't matter than neither pain nor pleasure make a difference. But you cannot comfort a child who is dying a slow painful death by telling them that their pain doesn't matter.

I have found nihilism to be miserable. It stings me to my core. When you accept that life has no meaning or value than you accept pain misery and anguish. I cannot rationalize or argue my way out of that fact. Meaninglessness isn't neutral, it's unpleasant. So I am searching for meaning, and the idea that every moment has eternal importance inspires me to find it.
>>
>>19417602
>But you cannot comfort a child who is dying a slow painful death by telling them that their pain doesn't matter.
Why would you want to comfort them? Their pain doesn't matter.

>I have found nihilism to be miserable.
Yes, that is why people delude themselves with religion and existential self-narratives.

>Meaninglessness isn't neutral, it's unpleasant. So I am searching for meaning, and the idea that every moment has eternal importance inspires me to find it.
That very search is what MAKES meaningless unpleasant for you. Drop the search and the unpleasantness falls away.
>>
>>19417632
Lol! You question helping people. Then you agree that nihilism is unpleasant. Then you attempt to help me.

Dropping the search for meaning does not remove the unpleasantness of nihilism.
>>
>>19417765
>Then you agree that nihilism is unpleasant.
Unpleasant for you, yes.

>Then you attempt to help me.
Not at all. I am enjoying myself. Makes no difference to me if what I type is helpful or not.

>Dropping the search for meaning does not remove the unpleasantness of nihilism.
Says the person who explicitly declared they are miserable to the person who states they are not.
>>
>>19411181
>>19411215
>>19411234
>>19411244
>>19411267
>>19411586
>>19411666
>>19411709
https://discord.gg/PVrZamw
>>
>>19417817
>>19417817
Well if you do not feel the unpleasantness then you must have found meaning in your life. Whether you acknowledge it or not. You're very fortunate. Hold onto it!
>>
>>19417860
>Well if you do not feel the unpleasantness then you must have found meaning in your life.
Nope. That's your own delusion. Life has no meaning and I need no self-narrative to give it one.

>Whether you acknowledge it or not.
Uh-huh. Just like deep down, you KNOW in your SOUL that you need Jesus in your life. Whether you acknowledge it or not.
>>
>>19411808
Non-sense! WHEN I DIE GLORIOUSLY IN THE FACTORY I WAS BORN IN I WILL GO AT THE EMPEROR'S SIDE HERETIC!
>>
>>19412953
Why do they have to so spooky
>>
>>19417870
>>19417870
Essentially the conversation is:
I'm not happy!
I'm happy!
Oh yea? Well I'm not happy!
Oh yea? Well I'm happy!
>>
>>19417929
No, the conversation was "Here's a hypothetical to make you realize how important meaning is."
"That story shows nothing of the sort"
"Well meaning is still important"
"No it isn't"
"You can't be happy without meaning!"
"I am happy"
"You must have found meaning!"
"No, because there is no meaning to be found."
"That violates my a priori belief, so I choose to believe you are lying."
>>
>>19411936
>we can see only a narrow range of wavelengths on the EM spectrum. Many animals see the infrared or ultraviolet
>we can only hear a limited range of frequencies. Many animals can hear lower and higher sounds than we do
>some animals orientate by sensing the earth's magnetic field, which we don't percieve at all
>some animals have organs for production and detection of pheromones - airborne chemical signals
>some animals can sense electrical fields (electroreception)

Overall, this picture is not nearly as deep as it wants to be
>>
>>19417382
>What specifically in the research is incomplete

You haven't defined the unit measurement of language, relative to observations of physical reality. I defined it for you, with the word, belief. Similar to a system of equations, a system of beliefs maps possible perceptions to a finite set of linguistic data, which can be defined with words.

>Cite your sources.

That sentence is phrased as a command. As an individual, I thank you for choosing to be one of my sources, linked subsequently:

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19411181/#19417353

I have flagged your post for future historians interested in reading about how Terran humans belief systems filter their own perceptions. You can view the entirity of the research that I have flagged for future historians with the now subsequent link:

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/search/username/%22nice%20ship%22/tripcode/2C9puhfkfY/

The light from the physical planet, Terra is being broadcast throughout the physical universe. Anyone with an imagination (organic, synthetic, or otherwise) within the physical universe can receive light that was broadcast that way. To any entity that reads the exact letter permutation of this post, I, as a native from the physical planet Terra, give personal permission to observe any of the threads I have posted to on the digital representation of the website, www.4chan.org, as well as any archived thread that I have posted to which are sourced from the physical website, www.4chan.org.

Those two sets of threads, digital, and sourced from physical, have been published to the physical universe, through the telecommunications signal of the light that radiates from the physical planet, Terra.
>>
>>19418111
In every single example you give, humans not only can do the same thing with intent using our tech, we can do so in greater and more intricate ways than any creature known. Not only do humans have a better picture overall than any other creature known, we are the only ones putting the picture together instead of passively reacting to it.
>>
>>19418157
Sure we can, no arguing that.
>>
>>19418157
To elaborate on >>19418178 :

We can detect all those phenomena using equipment, but we can't EXPERIENCE them. We don't know what 30kHz sounds like, or how does a magnetic/electrical field feel.
All we can percieve are external readings translated into one of our existing senses, most commonly vision - a screen.

It's like someone who is deaf. You can explain to him all the physics behind sound, you can provide accurate sound measurements on a screen, but would you say that the person is hearing? I don't think so.

tl;dr: measurement =/= experience
>>
>>19418221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkVOrf6v5W0

Don't make people crap itself again.
>>
>>19418221
>We can detect all those phenomena using equipment, but we can't EXPERIENCE them.

So? I can't currently experience what it feels like to have been raped as a child, doesn't mean I'm missing out. Why not think of the other side? A dolphin can experience sonar, and probably has an awareness to experience experience. But a dolphin doesn't have hands. A dolphin can't make tech to mimic human speech. A dolphin has little to no control over their environment. Given the two experiences, humans win out.

>It's like someone who is deaf. You can explain to him all the physics behind sound, you can provide accurate sound measurements on a screen, but would you say that the person is hearing? I don't think so.
Or you could put their hand on a speaker.
>>
>>19417945
Well you're right. You haven't actually found meaning. You've arbitrarily dismissed the pain of meaninglessness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wessel_Zapffe

Have you read Zapffe? He writes about 4 psychological defense mechanisms that humans use to counter the unpleasantness of nihilism. Anchoring, isolation, distraction, and sublimation. Your chosen defense seems to be isolation. And it works for you. I don't think you're lying. It does not work for me. I cannot dismiss the pain of nihilism. Especially when I'm making decisions. I have found distraction to work temporarily. But it cannot last and eventually leads back to pain.

I have been hoping to anchor myself in something. I think that an anchor would be the strongest defense because it utilizes the pain of nihilism as something to fear AND it provides an ideal to strive for. But I am finding it hard to make the jump from the rational to the irrational. Kierkegaard's Leap of faith, his Either/or.

So basically I find it more compelling to deceive myself into believing in some external (or unconscious ) source of meaning than to deceive myself into believing that meaninglessness doesn't hurt.
>>
>>19418257
>You've arbitrarily dismissed the pain of meaninglessness.
There is no pain in meaninglessness. There is pain in trying to force meaninglessness to have meaning.

You should counter Zapffe with Camus. Again, the unpleasantness comes from you not wanting the world to be meaningless. It's not anchoring, isolation, distraction, or sublimation. It's acceptance.
>>
>>19412814
Then for every 100 million persons there is one that was meant to be.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.