[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confession. I wish so badly that Catholicism allowed occult exploration.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: zodiaco-dendera.jpg (394KB, 1552x1529px) Image search: [Google]
zodiaco-dendera.jpg
394KB, 1552x1529px
Confession. I wish so badly that Catholicism allowed occult exploration. Maybe not angelic shit because you can't really verify what you're contacting. I used to be an alchemist and an astrologer, and the ways it changed the way I see myself and the world around me were invaluable. If I hadn't delved into that, I would not have become a Catholic. I wouldn't have come to understand or believe in Christ.

Although I've given that part of my practices up, I am willing to admit without hesitancy that all the occult is real. All of it. And it can be beautiful, especially the two practices aforementioned. I wish the church would allow alchemy and its exploration, but it makes sense that alchemy isn't exactly necessary with a faith in Christ. And I have to follow that.
>>
File: images-258.jpg (8KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
images-258.jpg
8KB, 189x266px
>>19410375
Why are you following a literal fucking rip off of ancient Egyptian paganism and religion?

Look at your fucking pope, for fuck sakes, a straight rip off of a Pharaoh!!!

Your religion is a massive deception, get a fucking grip, you know what's real.

He even carries the fucking alchemical rod/staff!
>>
File: IMG_20170807_215911836[1].jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_215911836[1].jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>19410405
You know, that is the biggest reason I became Catholic. All the knowledge, symbolism, and ritual of Egyptian practices, but with a following of Christ. The Mass is the ONLY reason I chose this religion. I once loved Egyptian paganism so much I got pic related
>>
>>19410405
>>19410416
I don't know why but it was Egyptian paganism that led me to understand the reality of Christ. I don't think Christ was a deception at all, personally.
>>
>>19410375
Check out Dr dee, Spanish inquisition, and pope sylvester ii. Anything goes.
>>
>>19410433
>Dr. Dee

Like I said angelic stuff I wouldn't do. Too powerful
>>
>>19410419
I'm not saying Chris was a deception, but it is quite possible he was modelled after Osiris.

It just seems Christianity was the new religion of control for the ages at the time.
>>
>>19410375
the Bible states we have dominion on all things visible and invisible, God gave us that gift, it's a waste if people do not explore it. king Solomon was an occultist, and actually strayed away from God but he got back in His good graces eventually.
>>
>>19410458
So it's the church, not Christ, that you think deceives? Like I said the Catholic church is the only church that supports a ritual with Christianity, and I think that's the greatest thing since sliced bread
>>
>>19410487
Can you quote the Bible on that, been struggling with that after learning a lot of secrets and subsequently finding Christ
>>
>>19410493
Yeah, the Church/Vatican.
>>
File: a802bb1780e74a0aade921ffc46f14e4.jpg (725KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
a802bb1780e74a0aade921ffc46f14e4.jpg
725KB, 1536x1152px
>>19410508
How so?
>>
>>19410493
not that guy, but the pagan assimilation into the church's practices is evidence enough something is up.

Some popes authored their own grimoires and others were compiled by priests, pertaining to demon-summoning and the like. There's a religion for the laity, and one for the initiates.
>>
>>19410554
I've seen this. Look up Marsilio Ficino, he wrote books on astrology and the like. It was early Renaissance. Seems like most Catholics take the "no magic, no occult" stance universally, so even if these guys wrote such things I don't think the church would incorporate any of it into the Catechism...unless you have an example that they do.
>>
>>19410572
you dont have to listen to the catechism. It's not like Hell is real and you will go there for something as menial as disobeying what the catechism says.
>>
>>19410652
I don't know if I believe in Hell but I do want to respect the institution that stays true to the word of Christ and that offers the Mass as a Christian ritual
>>
>>19410657
I understand. I used to be in a similar position. I had come a long way from Protestantism through study to believing that Catholicism was the truest branch of Christianity.

I found out about how things like Masturbation and being a Freemason were mortal sins. This meant one could go to Hell for joining an organization, or for something as meaningless as beating your meat. It began to seem more and more like arbitrary man-made rules on top of Christ. It started reeking of bullshit to me -- not Christ or the Bible, but the idea of God presenting truths in the form of arbitrary rules and "Do as I say or go to Hell" from clergy.
>>
>>19410441
It's powerful but there's nothing to worry about.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.