[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't homeless people just use the law of attraction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

Why don't homeless people just use the law of attraction to follow their bliss and buy an apartment?

Love and Light :)
>>
>>19410249
Because a lot of homeless people have addiction and mental health issues like /x/ but without parents to look after them. Don't mock the homeless, anon.
>>
Memeing aside law of attraction has helped me. Not that i think it's some magic nonsense but rather changes your perspective and makes you notice opportunities that come around.
>>
>>19410320

If anyone has a mental illness its the person who goes to the place where the people who are 'mentally ill' are.

Additionally any kind of human behavior can be described in terms of mental illness.
>>
>>19410320

OP wasnt mocking the homeless
>>
Isn't the law of attraction unfalsifiable?
>>
>>19410831
>Additionally any kind of human behavior can be described in terms of mental illness.

that is completely untrue. i don't know what you're talking about. and >>19410320 simply stated a fact, that many homeless people have mental health issues. he didn't say that it's a behavior that is inherently reflective of mental illness
>>
>>19410249
U dont start. We already or we dont. Is this the msg of get good?
>>
File: moondog5.png (659KB, 752x585px) Image search: [Google]
moondog5.png
659KB, 752x585px
>>19410249
They do.

It just takes time and they might not wish with you may think they do.
>>
>>19410249
because they do

they use it to attract drugs that make them not care about being homeless
>>
>>19411106

Didn't deny the former, and you do not sound like you are interested in having a productive conversation in regards to the latter. You probably gaslight people all the time without even knowing what the word means or that you are doing it.

I attempted to start a conversation as a cultural narrative but you seem more interested in denying what I say and giving no reason for it denying it, making it next to impossible for me to start a conversation with you.

So, like I said, the person who is 'mentally ill' is the person who goes to the place where all of the 'mentally ill' people are and proceeds to make it their business to assert the opposite of what they say after making it your business to tell people not to mock the homeless. (Which is exactly what you are doing by implying the main reason why they are homeless is because of mental health.) It is incredibly dismissive of the people who are pushed into that lifestyle but the broken system in which we find ourselves.

You are a hypocrite and you actually have no business doing what you accused OP of doing but only 10 fold.

I honestly hate people like you. You think you understand the truth about why people are driven to being destitute without considering that the environment and people around them drove them to it and it is actually within their best interests to be the way they are, given the way they want to live their live and given the way other people, and the establishment treat them.

I have been treated with more kindness and respect by the people who I have met living on the streets than I have anyone else in my life.
>>
>>19411687
Which is what the person who made that statement is doing and you are supporting. *
>>
>>19411687
Those people on the streets didn't have to read walls of text.

Edit that shit.
>>
>>19411694

But many of them do, because they know how to listen to others and understand that knowledge is something that can help them survive.

*sigh* I am done attempting to start productive conversations with the people who I disagree with in this thread.

Fucking neanderthals.
>>
How does this law of attraction work?
>>
>>19411700
I disagree with your approach and aesthetics, not your content.

You come off as a pretty judgemental prick actually.
>>
>>19410320
He wasn't mocking the homeless, he was mocking the believers of law of attraction. In the "magickal" sense I guess.

I've been seeing myself in the position I want without much negative thoughts and nothing happened yet so I join the mocking as well.
>>
Have you not seen the home renouncer that adapted to that life very well?
There's an episode of Karl Pilkington's moaning of life about him.
He got the 'curse' of having no home but is now right at home in no home, got savvy to his environment, gathered supplies.
Pilkington couldn't hack it but this guy was like a fish in water.

This is an example of what OP is on about.
The answer is that
> following your bliss
doesn't always lead to an apartment, in fact it might fail on you if you are overly attached.

The way to liberation is easy, for those who do not pick and choose.
>>
>>19410249
Agreed OP, the law of attraction as promoted by The Secret is total bullshit.

Optimism only goes so far.
>>
>>19410249
They don't have enough control of their own minds for this due to mental illness, past trauma, and/or personal stupidity. It's kind of a git gud thing. Whether it literally functions or is just a state of mind thing, the law of attraction "works" better for people who are on an even mental keel.

>>19411687
Wow, judgmental. Pretty stupid, too. I think you're an arrogant git with a projection issue. If I've shocked you, reconsider yourself.
Unfortunately, the people who are homeless do in fact mostly have mental illlnesses. It's not compassionate to deny reality. Only by acknowledging what is unpleasant to face may we hope to act in a truly benevolent fashion.
>>
>>19411757

>homeless people are too stupid for the law of attraction, they need to git gud!

>wow why are you so judgmental and arrogant?

yup, pretty much a typical new ager
>>
>>19410320
Yeah OP, what this guy said, if ur making fun of the homeless ur honestly a huge fucking faggot
>>
>>19412254

because theres no way someone could make fun of new agers and the law of .attraction right? that would be blasphemy
>>
Law of attraction is more or less just a way to be more happy and thus see opportunities when they arise. And since your in a better mood things go smoother than if your in a shit mood.

Check this out

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DO4mN33w5Ftw&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj8ubvLgMjVAhXs44MKHfqYBSEQyCkIEDAA&usg=AFQjCNFNhibT_B3E4XdTaQs9vTBbuTQ4-A

Basically they take different people with different outlooks on life and then present them with seemingly random opportunities (unbeknownst to the subject) and see what they do with them .

Happy people who see themselves as lucky sieze these opportunities and run with It, feeling even more lucky afterward. Negative people tend to not even notice the opportunity when it's right in their face.
>>
>>19410249
Because we made a society purposefully designed to stop the poor from achieving happiness.
>>
I personally think that most people who claim to believe in the law of attraction really just believe in being smug twits who try and justify an already easy and unchallenged life as somehow a result of their state of mind. However, if I were to suppose that there were people who seemed to make it work, my contention is that it's not the "law of attraction," at all, but more a whole reversal of the horse and cart there. Instead, it's people who are naturally lucky that, having become conditions to the world casually handing them everything on a silver platter, suppose that they must somehow be making it happen.

I've never seen a person, putting no more effort into life than just "really wanting it" make it work in his or her favor. But I've seen some lucky bastards who, whether they ask for it or not, life is going to pamper them every which way. And I've seen the opposite, people who can wish all they want, but life's going to take every chance to swipe at them it can get.
>>
File: cock.jpg (19KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
19KB, 720x480px
>>19410249
>Love and Light teehee! ;)
>Love and Light Butterflies and Angels and Unicorns, teehee!! :)
>Life is so beautiful, Love and Light!! :))

FUCKING LOVE AND LIGHT EXISTS OKAY NOW CAN WE ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT AND JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN IN THIS SHITTY REALITY JESUS FUCK
>>
>>19410249

What the fuck is this picture

Is this a real fucking picture did they really just pose in front of a homeless man

It's beautifully contrasting from the cosmic perspective but goddamn are those women depraved
>>
>>19412533
there are typical american white women in their twenties who as a group are also a preponderance of new agers that believe in law of attraction
>>
File: fractal.jpg (200KB, 711x953px) Image search: [Google]
fractal.jpg
200KB, 711x953px
>>19412527
It's actions, posts, and toxic mentalities which tore love and light from this planet in the first place.
Re-examine your intentions, have patience, and even you shall experience this new heaven.
>>
If I followed my bliss I'd have an unstainable life and would be homeless.
My colllege professor said that.
Maybe I'm a pessimist piece of shit but at least I'm not some fag addicted to "positive vibes"
Love and light can be found in the alt right.

Fuck law of attraction and feel good nonsense polluting the world today.
>>
File: Moondog-drinks.jpg (1MB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
Moondog-drinks.jpg
1MB, 1280x1919px
>>19412656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SD87q_A9cQ

You are oblivious to some important things.
>>
>>19411687
i'm >>19411106 and i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. i'm not >>19410320.
i'm actually very sentimental and compassionate towards the homeless and the mentally ill. and the anon you confused me with was defending the homeless. i don't get where you're coming from, you seem desperately confused and defensive

just speak plainly with us without going on bizarre tirades. what is it that you're trying to say? my best guess is you hate the concept of mental illness and are raging against it
>>
File: antonio ramon ramon.jpg (41KB, 312x391px) Image search: [Google]
antonio ramon ramon.jpg
41KB, 312x391px
There's nothing wrong with having different goals.
>>
>>19414201
I doubt there are people who's goal is poverty and homelessness
>>
>>19414225
I suppose you've never been to /out/?
>>
>>19410249
OP has a point...
>>
>>19410249
Don't mock the homeless also some of
them do. Homelessness is often not terminal, often by novel coincidences.
There, but for the grace of God, go I.
>>
>>19411737
Wait isnt that out of the IT-crowd?
>>
>>19410249
This image should be titled "male privilege" or "the partriarcy in action" or something
>>
File: e2e.jpg (196KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
e2e.jpg
196KB, 780x770px
>>19416453
>>
>>19416432
Why does everyone think OP is mocking the homeless? OP is mocking new agers
>>
>>19412670
moondog seems uncannily fitting giving i just finished listening to harry partch for the first time after like two years, how do i proceed from here
>>
LOA has me laughing...all the way to the bank.
It's real desu.
>>
>>19410249
Because the law of attraction is bullshit. Everything good that happens to you, you need to thank the Divine for. Everything bad that happens to you is the way it's supposed to be. A lot of things may seem good but actually be bad for you.
>>
>>19412600
Your view of love might be a trap.
>>
File: 1502057011607.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502057011607.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
>>19417193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnyzVD2yEDw
>>
If you had the opportunity to randomly fuck one of those 4 people (3 girls and the homeless bum) would you?

If you pressed a button and the button randomly decides between the 4 of them who you get to bang but the catch is you get locked in a room with the result and you cant leave until you do? 75% pussy vs 25% bum
>>
>>19410249
>law of attraction

Yeah it's called cause and effect.

Stupid new age bullshit trying to over-complicate something simple.
>>
>>19410249
:)
>>
>>19410249
Anyone who says "love and light" deserve to have their heads kicked in
>>
>>19411700
hoooly shit you fucking sperglord
holy shit
>>
>>19411310
Mr. Wednesday has been doing well in recent years.
>>
>>19418704

only the one in the middle is attractive, and for that i could just find a different attractive girl who doesn't come with strings i won't like
>>
>>19423708

+ looking at that pic again the woman im the black skirt and shirt with yellow sneakers in the background is preferable to all of them, i'd fuck her and leave the button alone
>>
>>19410320
>/x/ but without parents to look after them

this
>>
>>19410831
LOL
>>
Probably for the same reason that indebted wageslaves don't follow their agony back to the source and resist selling condos at reasonable interest rates. They are afraid their politicians will cuck them.
>>
it's all about what you believe about reality, yourself, wtf is going on

if you believe "the narrative" then you could never accept what the law of attraction implies about life
>>
>>19410249
That pic makes my blood boil
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.