[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If reincarnation is real, what's stopping you from killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: photo.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
If reincarnation is real, what's stopping you from killing yourself over and over to reroll into a better life?
>>
In Buddhist philosophy suicide is typically thought to lead to reincarnation as a lower form of life.
>>
>>19395957
This.

There's a clause.
>>
>>19395945
what if i reincarnate into a shitty life in which i never learn about reincarnation so i'm just stuck in it until something kills me
>>
>>19395957
That's just cruel.

Imagine, having an extremely shit life. Abused, raped, molested, etc since you were a little kid. Can't find a date at all, nobody at all likes you. You're not smart or intelligent and have nothing going for you and on top of it you're ugly as fuck and homeless as well.

And if you commit suicide to end your miserable existence.. you get sent into an even worse situation than you were in before.

god damn
>>
>>19395973

You misunderstand. The buddhist view of suicide is not really as dogmatic as other organized religions. It's not a matter of 'you will be reborn into a life of suffering because you committed suicide.'

The idea is more that (and this is core buddhism,) the destruction of life is wrong in all aspects, suicide typically stems from negative emotions (whilst striving to be free from negative emotions and suffering is at the core of the philosophy,) and as such can have a negative effect on one's karma. This can lead to rebirth in a more difficult life or as a lower form of life (animal, spirit, etc.)

It's not necessarily a strict condemnation of suicide, it's more that it's not a good solution in the context of a rotating continuing life.
>>
>>19395945
If I killed myself to avoid fixing my problems I would just end up having to fix them in the next life, so what's the point of that?
>>
>>19395945
Do you remember your past life? How do you know you didn't commit suicide then and had the intention of doing exactly what you said? Why aren't you rerolling now?
>>
>>19396175
Because I feel pretty content with my life right now DESU
>>
>>19395973
Being born into a cruel life, like you described, is possible from one committing suicide in one's previous life.
>>
>>19396247
With the suicide rate as high as it is, how do you propose we allocate so much misfortune to keep the cycle happy?
>>
>>19395973
You have to realize that if re-incarnation is real, you are judging it as "cruel" when you probably committed those acts upon others at least once in a past life. Everything has a reason, you cannot escape what you have done. But you can be redeemed.
>>
Do you just post every day looking for an excuse to kill yourself?
>>
>>19395945
You actually wouldn't want to reincarnate. After all, this life is one of being addicted to pats on the head. Its like a backwater hick town compared to the higher worlds.
>>
i feel like i have to stick around for something i just don't know what yet
>>
Killt myself like 20 times trying to get those dubs in life. Thing is, I don't reincarnate. I just end up back in the same life, like nothing even happened.
>>
>reincarnation is real
>you've already lived all other incantations
>this is your final form and when you die you reincarnate back into this from now on
>>
>>19397592
>already lived
So you're saying they all happened in the cosmic "past". You steal a book last time you died or something?
To me future lives are past lives, just as weird that I'm here now as it would be if I showed up on some other planet 300 years ago when I die.

>final form
What sauce is your spaghetti based on?
>>
Unless suicide is your predetermined way of dying and you do it at the right time, your going to end up back into the same life. That's the ultimate red suppository.
>>
>>19395945

The fact that I have a pretty decent dick and I don't wanna part with it.
>>
>>19395945
If reincarnation means you'll also lose all of your memories of your previous life(s) then it's pretty much the same as dying...
>>
>>19397613
not the same anon but i assume he's referring to what was mentioned in the "truth contest", don't ask me to elaborate, google it
>>
>>19395945
In reincarnation, you do not remember your past life, so how do you know whether to keep killing yourself if basically, your a different person each time?
>>
Time has to be a factor. Like, you don't just incarnate anywhere in the timeline, that time you spend alive is significant. So you only get one chance to live now. If it isn't rich or awesome, oh well, that's it. But that's your now life. If you die, you're throwing your only change at the challenges and experiences of this handful of decades. Throw in human population, and you could run through your entire existence and never score.

The other part. Your soul has levels and death is like new game+. The level resets, but there's an accumulating XP pool from all of your lives. It influences how calm you can be, how well you understand the universe. It generally contributes to a being with a lot of ability. That cumulative xp so to speak, is then what contributes to our fortune. Who does the soul choose to incarnate as, how do they tend to live? Choices like that, which have major consequences in the souls experiences, but depend on how well developed that soul has become over many many lives. So suicide just cuts off the chance to develop.

Also, every time you do it, you have to wait till you reach the point of killing yourself again in each life, making it less efficient than it sounds.
>>
>>19395945
If i do not better the situation, the next life will be shittier. There is a reason why i chose to materialize into this time and place.
Godspeed brother
>>
>>19395945
>If reincarnation is real, what's stopping you from killing yourself over and over to reroll into a better life?
The fact that I don't actually know that for certain, meaning it's essentially gambling my one and only existence in this world.

There's some things that you just don't wager.
Wouldn't you agree?
>>
Karma, bitch
>>
All matter is cycled through. You are what there has been in the past. That is the extend of reincarnation.

Now, we can no say much about the spiritual side of reincarnation but at a very base level, reincarnation is real.
>>
>>19395945
You try first
>>
What if you reincarnated as something incapable of suicide (a person who is paralysed) or a creature that has no concept of death?
>>
>Program thought form to seek you out in your next shitty life and remind you to kill yourself until you end up king of neo atlantis!
>>
Suicide guarantees that you can't roll for a better life.
>>
>>19395945

Because the idea is to get OUT of reincarnation by way of becoming dead to the material world WHILE in the body. This can only be achieved in a human body, as it is the most difficult of bodies to obtain as a seeking spirit.

Killing yourself mindlessly is throwing away the single greatest opportunity an entity has to move from the endless cycle of suffering onto the infinitely blissful evolution to come. Evolution never ends, this world is a single step on an infinite progression. To kill yourself would be to needlessly prolong the time spent on this particular step, though all your spiritual progress up to this point would not be lost.
>>
>>19395945
Because, if you killed yourself because you were a sad, boring farmer, you would be reborn as a sad boring farmer forever until you leveled up ur soul
>>
>>19395957
They just say cause its the easy way out. Prove it would be worse or gtfo
>>
>>19396001
And you know this how?
>>
File: 1501967232723.jpg (30KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501967232723.jpg
30KB, 600x640px
you don't re roll you re pop.
you are eternal you cannot escape this hell.
>>
>>19395945
Go for it.
>>
>>19396195
Then why ask
>>
>>19395973

The general idea is that you are having that shitty life due to some kind of karmic attachments. Killing yourself doesn't resolve those karmic bonds, they are still there unresolved and into the next life, in addition to the action you took in killing yourself.

Even if life is tough, it's better to ride it out and increase your practice to resolve whatever is there so the next time around you can start further down the path.

Buddhism is the long game.
>>
>>19395945
quantum suicide
>>
>>19399604
I pike taoism, walking the path is not limited by any life. It's just participation in the plot of existence-spanning consciousness.
>>
>>19395945
suicide seems painful
>>
>>19395945
statistically speaking you'd end up as some brown poor person.
>>
>>19395945
becouse i dont care enough to do any kind of drastic decitions.
>>
I'm a straight white man

Unless I reroll as a cute anime girl, I don't think it's gonna get any better than this.
>>
>>19399581
prove religious beliefs.

uhuh, fair fucking argument.
hes just telling you the teachings.
>>
>>19395945
because you choose your life to learn. so go ahead and kill your self and you will choose to relive your life if you did not learn what you where supposed to.
>>
File: img (24).jpg (13KB, 419x382px) Image search: [Google]
img (24).jpg
13KB, 419x382px
I dont understand the deal with reincarnation... So you die and then you reroll into a new life? But what's the point? You have no memories of your previous life and your memories are what makes you you. Yeah, your soul transitions into a new body blah blah blah, but your memories will cease to exist together with your body. Therefore you will be dead, cus no memories = no you so reincarnation has no meaning
>>
If you kill yourself, you automatically fail whatever mission you were living for.
>>
>>19401396
this means you are the first of your being. When you are reincarnated, you receive memories of your past life. Ever noticed how everyone else seems to "get it" but... you don't?
>>
>>19401453
>this means you are the first of your being. When you are reincarnated, you receive memories of your past life.
so you remember your previous life? what was it like? Also, what if I'm reborn as a fly? Flies brain can't sustain memories and feelings of a human.
Also if there are people who are reborn as an animal and they somehow still have the memories of a human, why don't they give us a sign that they're actually a human, like write something with a stick on the ground or something?
And what if I'm reborn into another human? I have all my memories as a baby? I'm a programmer right now, why aren't there 3yo programmers, why are all babies fucking stupid and have to learn things?
>Ever noticed how everyone else seems to "get it" but... you don't?
No I haven't noticed that. The only people that ""get it"" seem to be paranormal things fanatics.
>>
>>19401453
You may be referring to the grand "before" period between death and one's second life, yes?

In my case, I was made to forget all of my previous human life once I was flesh again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwZcw0Ejcc
>>
>>19395945
while hippies talk about being reincarnated in hinduism and buddhism there is a system that all of this follows. its a little different between the 2 but being human is sort of special. \

your next life might not even be in the same plane of existence (dimension) according to budhism. better and worse worlds. looking around i would say we are nearing the end of the line of negative rebirths

but dont fear all directions are a path to spiritual evolution. good and bad these are just words. if we are this close to absolute hell then all you have to do is gain more negative points (karma) and you might end up a evil god or demon. being bad and ending up a bug is christian distortion of the concept.

so to your question as to why not reroll well how long before you would even be sentient as a human in a new life? would you even manage to achieve the spark of sentience as a lower life form? how long do some of them live? you could be a fucking sea turtle because you didnt get enough experience. you need to try to level up which takes many lives because life is a korean mmorpg and grind fest hell
>>
DO YOU REALISE THAT IF YOU SELL YOUR SOUL YOU GOTTA KYS AS THE ENDGAME OF THIS DREAM. WHEN U FINALLY WAKE UP U CANT TALK ABOUT IT. ITS THE ULTIMATE SECRET OF LIFE. U MUST OBEY. U MUST PICK YOUR SIDE. WE ARE ANONYMOUS. YOU PICK THE RIGHT SIDE ANON
>>
File: 77777.jpg (85KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
77777.jpg
85KB, 1008x720px
>>19403154
>>
>>19395945
I don't see the appeal of reincarnation, honestly. If your memory and personality are wiped between lives, you're still effectively dead because all the thoughts and feelings that made you up are gone.
>>
>>19401453
That's a load of bullshit, and you know it.
>>
>>19401503
How convenient.
>>
>>19397561
underrated.
>>
>>19401396
This.
Reincarnation as described is a rip-off that fails to uphold the immortality of the soul.
I've always found it especially galling if it's presented as part of a path of spiritual learning.
How can we learn without memory?
>>
>>19401396
>>19403240
>>19404176
In Gaudiya Vaishnavism, the point of the transmigration of the soul is not a spiritual progression. The karmic cycle is an entirely material machination. The soul desires to experience as the central enjoyer, and so is embodied to enjoy a certain set of material senses, deluded into believing it IS the body, and that is IS the center (as per all the info the senses are giving).

Originally, all souls are embodied as a Brahma - the secondary Creator, the first being in every universe and the one who creates the material forms. Think of the Demiurge, but not in opposition to the Pleroma. If a soul is satisfied by this, they then return to the spiritual. If not, they can transmigrate to a new body. However to properly enjoy in whatever current body a soul has, they must have the delusion that they are the body, and their subtle body (mind, intelligence, ego) must be wiped and remolded.

The cycle of birth and death is not a path to spiritual perfection. It is a quagmire of "Maybe THIS time I'll be happy" that never ends and has the soul dragged through lifetime after lifetime - learning NOTHING. The path of spiritual liberation from samsara is not going to be found in acquiring just the right material body.

> Bg 8.16 — From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to My abode, O son of Kuntī, never takes birth again.
>>
>>19395945
The "I'm not 100% sure" part
>>
File: IMG_0270.jpg (92KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0270.jpg
92KB, 700x438px
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
>>
>>19406515
Fuck Jesus he was a larping faggot who lead people astray from creator.
>>
File: 1501882256700.jpg (67KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
1501882256700.jpg
67KB, 1024x758px
>>19396247
Probably explains how I ended up in the shithole I am
>>
>>19395945
Waiting for lvl cap so I can minmax luck.
>>
>awareness is the exp of the universe
>Killing yourself means you've voluntarily sacrificed awareness gained in this life
What you should be doing instead of killing yourself is paying some fucking attention to the world around you so you can do your best to raise your level of awareness to autistic tier in order to make your current life an iota of a percentage point better.
>>
What is suicide is the real escape from this prison matrix? Maybe we are implanted with anti self destruct vibrations that send a false sense of unease when you think about suicide. All to keep you trapped here, so they can feed on us.

Don't go to the fuckiing light!! It's a trap. They shock you and you forget everything. Then they trick you into reincarnating into this shit hole do you can be fed on again. An endless cycle of misery. Our souls feed the sun.
I hate it here
Id kill myself but I don't want to hurt my family. I'd kill them, but I can't. I guess I'm not strong enough to put us out of our misery. Pretty shitty really
>>
>>19406934
Man haven't you been paying any attention? It's just getting worse. They are never going to stop and I think mother Earth fucking left. She just turned and walked away....I saw it. She wouldn't fight during standing Rock, she just turned and left. They won't stop until everything is dead. They can't stop. And no one is doing fucking about it. Not really. Everytime someone actually makes a difference, they kill them. No one cares about anything. We are a disease to everything good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>19395945
you should use this ma nigga
>>
>>19401396
>but what's the point?

why do things need to have a point? pathetic, think outside the box
>>
>>19395945
>wanting to enduring school again
Not sure if want
>>
>>19401396
Memories aren't physical, they are stored in the "cloud" while your brain is the "hard drive".
You can still access these memories in the "cloud", even when the "hard drive" is destroyed
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.