[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not trying to troll here or push some agenda or belief.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

File: UN_flag.png (417KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
UN_flag.png
417KB, 800x400px
I'm not trying to troll here or push some agenda or belief.
I do not personally believe in the so called "Flat Earth" theory.

Just from a neutral point of view, why is it that people who are generally very open minded to fringe subjects such as ghosts, ayys, chemtrails, demons etc. are so vehemently opposed to this idea?
Why do people who claim to hate the suppression of ideas and debate, no matter how controversial, actually become the oppressors themselves as soon as this subject is so much as hinted at?

Just an interesting thought, feel free to call me whatever you want :)
>>
>>19392706
It's a fun idea to entertain but when the counter to evidence against said idea basically boils down to everyone but us are lying, it loses appeal fast. The flat earth is also mutually exclusive with every other conspiracy theory or paranormal occurance hinging on the existence of space. Moon being an ark, doesn't work. Saturn being a cube with alien engineered rings, doesn't work. It's also much more boring and potentially less feasible than the hollow earth.
>>
>>19392706
I honestly thought the flat earth, was a running joke but some people believe this. Incredible. Just google "teen sends GoPro into space" and recreate the experiment for yourself. I shouldnt have to write this post...
>>
>>19392983
>teen sends GoPro into space

yeah try watching this one without the fisheye lens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwimocU0IIc

and in the future, yeah, dont bother posting, neck yourself
>>
Yeah I mean if we have telescopes that can see the planets rotating & all that shit. Then we have people in a space station above who can clearly see the Earth as a sphere... > _____ >
>>
>>19392706
>Just from a neutral point of view, why is it that people who are generally very open minded to fringe subjects such as ghosts, ayys, chemtrails, demons etc. are so vehemently opposed to this idea?
The difference between believing in the previous mentions and FE is what it would imply for the rest of humanity. Ghosts, fairies, demons, aliens, etc. means people have an understandable bias and reject evidence to the contrary. There is no blatant and deliberate lie or deception for this to occur on the part of non-believers. Even "the government" in this case could simply be in denial, rather than actively lying and covering things up - though often the latter is proposed.

FE, on the other hand, REQUIRES that people are deliberately lying and presenting false evidence. And not just "people," but many millions of people from all across the globe across hundreds of fields of study. We're talking government officials, professional sports, commercial enterprises, amateur hobbyists - they ALL have to 1) know about the lie 2) agree with the purpose of the lie 3) actively help spread the lie. It gets to the point where 1/4 to 1/2 of the world's population has to be in on the conspiracy for it to work.

>Why do people who claim to hate the suppression of ideas and debate, no matter how controversial, actually become the oppressors themselves as soon as this subject is so much as hinted at?

Well first, I wouldn't say that claim is made on /x/. Most here think they have the answer and will broadcast that message and try to shut down those in contention with their conclusion. Just try and go into a thread on Monism and try and get them to consider a different worldview to see this effect.

Second, it's that just about everything that is posted in a FE thread has already been discussed, has been addressed better on a blog somewhere, and has nothing new to add. It isn't about suppression, it's about getting tired of beating a dead horse.
>>
There's a certain point where there's no value in entertaining debate anymore.

Every flat Earth claim is pretty heavily debunked. To argue with someone still believing otherwise is ultimately counterproductive.

We're not suppressing their ideas so much as calling them fucking idiots and moving on
>>
File: flat earth distances 2.jpg (302KB, 1475x1104px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth distances 2.jpg
302KB, 1475x1104px
>>19393082
To continue, I browse just about every FE thread. Not because I find anything compelling in them, but because I'm interested to see if anything new will come from the FE side. I have yet to see anything.

The main issue I'd like to see FEers work on is their model of the Earth. We're always presented with the polar azimuthal map, but this map has been GEOMETRICALLY proven to not fit the data we have from our world. This means one of two things:
>the map is wrong
>the data is wrong

I have NEVER seen a FE thread seriously attempt to correct either of these. There has never been a report on here about someone verifying the distances measured. There has never been a serious attempt to correct the geometric discrepancies on the FE map. They even will say the azimuthal map isn't accurate, but again there's no attempt to correct it.

If they don't care enough about their own theory to make it accurate, they clearly don't care about the truth they say they want.
>>
>>19392706
Because a dumb conspiracy theory makes all plausible conspiracy theories equally look dumb
>>
>>19392706
Because we do not tolerate psyop tactics here, agent.
>>
To put it another way: there is a reason ghost/alien/demon/interdimensional being threads don't try to expand on body of knowledge. These require events that we don't have a reliable way to reproduce. It makes sense that these threads would rehash old accounts and have discussions with no clear direction. And even with that, there are people who claim success or first-hand experience and will try to add to the body of knowledge. There is no reason people who think FE is true cannot start measuring and doing the geometry to determine the shape of the Earth.

But they don't. They take pictures of the sun. Or rather they let other people take pictures of the sun and then try to use them to make claims.
>>
Because Flat Earth is the ultimate red pill.
It ties everything together.

It ties all the conspiracies together.
It ties all the UFOs together.
It ties all written history together.
It ties all religions together.
It ties all occult beliefs together.

It is the ultimate secret.
>>
>>19393134
>mfw the unifying theory of physics only works in the Flat Earth model, and Hawkings knew this, that is why they replaced him with a robot.
>>
One way to determine if a conspiracy theory is false is to ask the question if it will affect the rich. For example, chemtrails would only poison the poor, but also the rich. If they were truly affected, they would be wearing breathing masks everywhere. Since they don't do that, then the chemtrail theory is wrong.
>>
>>19392706
>the oppressors
Suppression means multiple things in the various contexts /x/ enjoys. When one anon—one faggot—shitposts a topic mercilessly, that's a form of suppression. When someone—probably autistic—can't comprehend a topic and becomes hostile when it isn't shown to be a trivial topic, that's also kind of a form of suppression I guess? Not really a big deal.

When a janitor deletes a popular topic, that's also suppression. When a rogue mod takes it upon themselves to control the beliefs of the entire 4chan userbase, that's also liable to involve some manner of suppression.

None of these is oppression.

Oppression is when a nation-state does, affects, influences, pays to, or enacts these things.
>>
One way to determine if a conspiracy theory is false is to ask the question if it will affect the rich. For example, chemtrails would not only poison the poor, but also the rich. If they were truly affected, they would be wearing breathing masks everywhere. Since they don't do that, then the chemtrail theory is wrong.
>>
>>19393384
the world is run by satan and demons and hurts everybody

the people probably think theyre doing something good
>>
>>19392706
>so vehemently opposed to this idea?
Because they don't want to look stupid. Regardless of it's true or not, espousing Flat Earth theory makes you look dumb as shit in front of your peers, and people want to avoid the social pain of this.
>>
>>19392706
I think, from a psychological point of view, there are different forces at work here.

First there are the believers and the ones who honestly want to help to open the mind of the believers and show to them they lack understanding of actual nature and their for believe a false claim.

Out of that groups rises the second group. The ones who got frustrated by the stupidity of some that just don't understand what critical thinking means and keep falling in the trap of a false claim.

The third group is brought forth by group 1 and 2. It is the group of trolls. They like to see how stupid and or frustrated someone can get by role playing as ignorant as fuck or be very intellectual and try to raise doubt in those who do not believe the false claim, but don't truly understand nature either, and are not equipped to debate their point of view in an intelligent way

And there is the regular /×/ group. Don't giving a bit about one particular side and just visit to have fun or shit post.

But about the open mind, an open mind does not mean go with the flow. After thinking the flat earth proposal through one will conclude it is bullocks and will not defend it anymore. Only to troll or shit post.

Okay, of course there is always the idiot group. Those who don't understand much, but need it to have opinions based on nothing more the 'internet knowledge'. You know, the ones who watch vloggers and read forums and think they have seen the world. A hollow world that would be.
>>
>>19393384
Just for the debate, they could just be injected with an antidote. And there are projects that are initiated to reflect sunlight by releasing chemicals in the atmosphere. However, the chemtrail conspiracy is not about that.
The government does not need chemtrails to manipulate people. They have the media, including the internet. They need chaos, and that is easy to create. By creating conspiracy stories for instance. Just like FE is a PsyOps.
>>
>>19393004
We don't. Stop believing the NASA lies, you cuck.
>>
>>19393004
have you actually seen it though
>>
>>19393134
this is what Anita Moorjani meant when she said we live in the centre of the universe, when she left her body she saw it all
>>
>>19392996
Is this a joke? So all random Youtubers are in on it too? Wake up and smell the coffee
>>
>>19393612
>because they don't want to look stupid
>on an anonymous eurasian basket-weaving site
>on /x/
>>
File: 1495898341387.jpg (111KB, 364x568px) Image search: [Google]
1495898341387.jpg
111KB, 364x568px
I got banned from /pol/ because of my flat earth views :^(
Seriously though,how is the fact that NASA sucks up billions every year,and we cant even get a decent picture from space,mind less a complete map of antarctica *wink wink*
>>
ok Round cucks, debate me
how do you explain the fact that the Earth seen from behind the moon is bigger than from the moon? pics related
>https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/ubernode_alt_horiz/public/moon_and_earth_lroearthrise_frame_0.jpg?itok=r9ChFGmr
>https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/epicearthmoonstill.png

how do you explain the lack of curvature on the water? vidrel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbdneAe2gk
there is more tests done with lasers etc so don't give me this mirage or refraction bullshit
>>
>>19392706
It's FULL RETARD
>>
>>19392706
mostly because it's not something intelligent people are speculating. Intellegent people are looking into hollow earth theory, torus earth theory, endless earth theory. Mathematical things.

Flat earth theory is specifically pushed around by media sources in order to get kids to band together. They're easy to manipulate, easy to sell things to. They want them to stay stupid, and then say things like "Well, the smart people need something to make money off of. Don't they?"
>>
File: 1501894577534.jpg (17KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1501894577534.jpg
17KB, 500x371px
>>19392706
Scientific facts do not refute the existence of ghosts.
They do refute the flatness of Earth.
>>
I don't really understand why people would lie about the earth being round in the first place. What's to gain?

But I'm biased, I think all the NASA coverups have to do with aliens or some government bs, which is more fun imo than the Earth being flat. Then again I've never seen the Earth from space so what the fuck do I know?
>>
Here is my take on this. NASA isn't the be all end all of space sciences and research. There are various other agencies and even universities that conduct their own research. Since FE guys claim that because NASA receives a bitchload of money that they have some sort of monopoly on space research and in turn churn out a bunch of CGI shit. So every single institution and organization and agency and even backyard scientists that follow the round earth model would also have to be in the conspiracy which isn't very realistic at all.
>>
>>19393918
Stop believing Eric Dubay, you cuck
>>
> So every single institution and organization and agency and even backyard scientists that follow the round earth model would also have to be in the conspiracy

Just not an argument, a conspiracy can start at the top with nobody at the middle or bottom knowing that they're actually doing something 'bad'.
>>
>>19392983
Ya and idiots like kyrie Irving are misinforming children who look up to him as a basketball player, by feeding them this belief, and they take his word over his teachers
>>
Its just 4chan x. This board is full witöh shills.
>>
>>19392706
Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, yet in the case of flat Earth theory we have a surplus of evidence, anecdotal and scientific, to prove the earth is a globe.

This should illustrate the difference between why one would be open minded to bigfoot and downright appalled by flat earth.
>>
File: 1501118902307.jpg (23KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
1501118902307.jpg
23KB, 700x438px
>>19392706
>>
>>19392706
Because the world is pear shaped nigger everybody knows that, they even started teaching it in schools.
>>
>>19395172
This one is debunked in a scientific way , all on film, by ironically flat earth guru Rob Skiba.

Fantastic how he is actual able to show he is wrong and admits it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-DMbGDsZ4
>>
>>19395655
A lot of people don't get science, which make them feel dumb.
They get flat earth reasoning which makes them feel on top of the debate.
If they spend half the time what they spend on Flat Earth on watching, just watching, physics lectures, they would be a lot smarter and sounded more intelligent to others.
Flat earth does not only question government, but also science. Clearly FE is a PsyOps to waste time and opportunities for the still ignorant in this time of free class A education.
>>
>>19397499
"flat earth is a psyops" is a psyops
>>
>>19393134
it doesn't do any of that tho
>>
>>19395204
redpill me on torus earth senpai. i want that tasty rock donut.
>>
>>19397521
Ur mom's a psyops
>>
>>19394257
Have you seen the earth as a disc or do you believe it's a disc because someone on YouTube told you?
>>
File: 1476072403716.png (226KB, 394x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476072403716.png
226KB, 394x397px
Guys post yfw you found out that the earth really is flat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Q-FuXJSTQ
it gets interesting especially towards the end
>>
>>19397499
>digits of truth
>>
>>19393134
reaity is a simulation, earth is a hologram so are we

that's the final redpill, who cares wtf shape it is
>>
>>19398444
>>
Calling something that's just really stupid a psyop is giving it to much credit, anons.

>magnets work because they come from the ground and have gravity inside em
Stupid? Yes. Psyop? No.

>The burning of fossil fuels doesn't affect the atmosphere; only liberal shills would think it does
Stupid? Yes. Psyop? Eh, maybe.

In order for a psyop to be considered such it has to be more than an infectious paradigm. Just because a large number of idiots believe something, doesn't mean that anyone benefits from them believing it. There has to be an underlying agenda or goal, and that's simply not the case with regressive FE beliefs.
>>
>>19393612
This. Friend from work was trying his damnedest to convince us that the earth was flat because "NASA LIES" yet failed to answer the basic question like why isn't Australia longer and why is NASA wrong but you tubers are?
>>
>>19397482
its good to debunk bad arguments, regardless of your point of view. all parties to these debates often use incorrect or shitty proofs to boost their side, so its great to see someone be honest about being wrong when they are wrong.
>>
File: 7.jpg (226KB, 900x509px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
226KB, 900x509px
>>19392706
Why is that your cult of idiots can't understand that a polar projection like in the UN logo is not a flat Earth map?
>>
>>19398901
>flatfucks have jobs
>>
>>19398309
>disk
Flat Earth Society's bullshit doesn't count desu
>>
>>19398309
Do you believe everything government or scientific authorities tell you, even if you cannot verify it for yourself? If you do not, why not?
>>
>>19399094
scientists pursue the truth they never lie
>>
Because it makes people feel warm and fuzzy when they think they're a genius striking down a moron. The bigger a sheep someone is the more they delude themselves into thinking they're a wolf. The modern institution of science is a dogma, and if you question the "facts" you might as well be blaspheming their god. It's why it's so easy to control these people because they can be confused into thinking defense of these narratives is a personal matter.

I'm not a flat earther, fyi. But I accept everything I'm supposed to 'know' about earth and space is based on belief. I have no first hand experience or knowledge. Only reports and claims that I can choose to believe or not. The people who get upset at flat earthers don't just believe, they worship.
>>
>>19399110
Haha. No. Scientists are under social, financial, political pressures in their lives and work. They can be fired, denied further funding or possibly blacklisted for conducting work that hurt the entities that are funding them. Scientists know this so there can be much bias injected into the scientific process (how the study is set up, which data is tossed out, etc.) to finesse the results they want.

Pharma companies are notorious for rigging their medication studies to help boost thier products chances at approval or sales. Scientists do that work and get paid well to do it.

I don't mean to suggest all scientists work in bad faith, just that some or many might because they are under pressure to provide what their funders are looking for.
>>
>>19399158
Because the flat earth is factually flawed and the proof is the result of an infantile misunderstanding of observational evidence coupled with the belief that everyone else is lying.
>>
>>19399167
And even then they might not consciously intend to lie, they might just be subconsciously biased to skew the study by whatever rewards are in place.
>>
>>19392996

That had a fisheye lens. Just not as exaggerated. As the camera tilted up and down the curve did as well.
>>
File: d7d.jpg (38KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
d7d.jpg
38KB, 600x480px
>>19393918
>Satellites and the ISS are a lie, bro
>We're not speaking on a technological system that relies on fucking satellites for part of how it works
>I clearly know better than the world's scientists and anyone who's climbed Mt Everest
>Youtube is truth, man
>>
>>19399192
Yes, that better describes what happens in most cases, not scientists who just are completely mercenary, but scientists who are molded by the system to provide the required results. Many scientists will not even be fully aware of how biased they actually are.
>>
>>19399218
>anyone who's climbed Mt Everest
More shitty 'proof'. If airplane cruise height of 30,000 to 40,000 feet is not high enough off the ground to be able to perceive the earth's curve, how would someone on top of 29,000 ft snowy ass Mt Everest see the curve?
>>
>>19399234
Let's say you have a fair point, even though the damn Earth looks like a zoomed in sphere even from a fucking plane.

You're still a troll arguing for something you don't really believe, but regardless, consider:

There have been hundreds and hundreds of missions, possibly thousands, beyond the point where you would see the curvature of the Earth. You do realise how massively spread a conspiracy would have to be to make the curve itself a lie, right? It'd be potentially hundreds of thousands of people who know the truth and have to keep it from spreading.
>>
>>19399243
there is no curve
>>
>>19399243
No conspiracy needed. You're talking about high altitude test pilots/baloonists. If they see a curve (either real or optical illusion) then they will probably just say they saw a curve. If they don't see a curve, theyre just going to assume they were not high enough to see it.

For astronauts, anything they say is suspect because they may be upholding their employers agenda. There have been many conflicting things said by astronauts (some see no stars, others talk about seeing tons of stars, etc.)

However, I have heard one report of a billionaire (from one of his ex-employees) who went to the ISS via the Russian civilian space tourism program who said he did not see a curved spherical earth he just saw earth below him spreading out in all directions to the horizon line, just like on a airplane but much higher. I dont think the billionaire or the employee were trying to imply the earth was flat, he just mentioned it as a surprising thing, since he was likely expecting Earth to look like a sphere from the ISS footage.

Even if some of these astronauts privately suspected the earth was flat, they know they would be ridiculed, shamed and possibly blacklisted for being vocal about it. No conspiracy needed when social dynamics will force the outcome you want.

I'm not a flat earther, but think some of the sphere earther 'proofs' are just as specious as some of the crappy flat earther proofs.
>>
It's because you have not been redpilled enough. Your goal should be a pursuit of the truth!

The truth is all you need to d anything and everything which i why it would be in the best interests of an enemy to hide it from us.
>>
>>19399341

>Grammar is shit

but you get what I mean
>>
>>19392706
Because no. But uhh, yeah... try again to persuade me... fucking halfwits, maybe if I saw anything that ringed true to me. I once commited blood magic because I thought te Earth was "flat" is that what you want normie troll?
>>
I love you flat earth fucks. you're the best. worse than succubi seekers, tulpa seekers, vampire wannabes, better than all of them. keep it coming you collosal idiots.
>>
>>19392706
>Why do people who claim to hate the suppression of ideas and debate, no matter how controversial, actually become the oppressors themselves as soon as this subject is so much as hinted at?

Because it is scientifickly stupid
>>
>>19399353
you did the blood over intent thing?
>>
>>19399384
Yeah and who knows what THING smelled it
>>
>>19392706
Because it's fucking retarded. Gravity wouldn't work on a flat earth. Time zones wouldn't work. Plate tectonics. Volcanoes. Earth quakes. Seasons. Modern anti ballistic missile radars. Weather satellites. The ozone layers massive hole. None of these things work without a globe.
>>
File: maxresdefault (15).jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (15).jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>this kills the flat earth theory
>>
>>19399765
wtf CGI cartoons are evidence now? I guess satellites are real too
>>
>>19399795
>anything i dont like is cgi
>>
>>19399765

Huh I guess 1 image debunks thousands of other images that don't show that sweet curve LOL
>>
>>19399811
Not an argument
>>
>>19399821

Lol yeah and cheese isn't made from milk? XD find better evidence
>>
>>19399821

>not an argument

How???

I honestly don't understand how that isn't an argument, given how often globe earthers use that same logic. Except here it atleast makes sense..
>>
File: IMG_4598.jpg (85KB, 661x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4598.jpg
85KB, 661x661px
>>19399315
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Where's the evidence that earth is flat? Rejecting evidence that earth is round does not prove that the earth is flat.
>>
>>19399845

ikr? heh like saying a photoshopped image of an ufo disproves all ufo images kek
>>
>>19399316
Stories aren't strong pieces of evidence though. Maybe in a courtroom but not when it comes to science.
>>
File: 1501983064030s.jpg (2KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1501983064030s.jpg
2KB, 124x124px
>>19399851

About that (((space))) footage
>>
>>19399845
>how often globe earthers use that same logic
Chances are you have trouble differentiating between people flaming and trolling for their own amusement and those same people at the rare moments when they're trying to make a valid argument. Sometimes they'll even switch between the two based on how stupid you act.
>>
>>19399864
>((()))

Hey pol. What about the space footage? Did it prove the earth was flat.
>>
>>19399868

Funny! given the fact you are the one acting like a 12 year old...

Post some good stuff and stop using insults to make your claims..
>>
File: Cwlu3VoXAAUApcm.jpg (20KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
Cwlu3VoXAAUApcm.jpg
20KB, 720x533px
>>19399835
>>
>>19399873

Good goy
>>
>>19392706
>ghosts, ayys, chemtrails, demons etc. are so vehemently opposed to this idea?
The easiest answer I can think of is that it violates our scientific understanding of the world by completely rejecting it and proposing your shit idea to be equal

I think people who don't believe in demons can see why people believe in them. Same for chemtrails, ghosts, aliens, whatever.

By this, I mean that they can see the faulty reasoning (in the mind of the skeptic) that would lead someone to come to believe that idea, as opposed to the 0 critical thinking or reasoning you have to have to genuinely believe the Earth is fucking flat my dude, you're a fucking retard
>>
>>19399876
I wasn't part of the argument. I'm a third party chiming in because it's not always obvious to both participants when the other isn't taking the issue seriously, and trying to use real logic.
>>
>>1939988
that really isn't an argument either. where the evidence from either side?
>>
>>19399926

Yeah and all the times you ignored, the opposing sides BS. Yeah totally a "centrist" on this debate lmao
>>
>>19399935
These are my only posts in this thread:
>>19399868
>>19399926

I'm not centrist or anything. I'm just saying that there's a very good chance both sides are ignoring that the other side mixes exasperation and flaming with actual arguments constantly.
>>
>>19392706

What's more interesting to me in how we've seen the increased prevalence of flat earth theory. It used to be "haha that one guy over there believes flat earth but it's obviously a joke".

Now I can't go 5 minutes on the internet without seeing it everywhere. I even see people posting flat earth memes on facebook.

I don't believe in Flat Earthy theory, the ancients figured out the Earth's dimensions with rudimentary mathematics. What I'm interested in is why this theory is getting pushed.

I think it has more to do with the fact that people are becoming more aware that mainstream institutions are hiding things from them, and it's an expression of their subconscious desire to know the truth.
>>
>>19399851

I have attempted to propose a trans-antarctic flight but then people said you would be shot down if they attempted

so then I told them surly there are enough of you who are on the end of their rope in life and suicidle enough to try it, FOR SCIENCE
>>
>>19400228
I think it's more a return to the medieval peasant mentality
>hurr durr I've never been more than 10 miles from my house
>why should I believe [insert any issue here] really exists?

I can definitely see why certain groups want to push that of course. After all a populace that ignorant would be much easier to control.
>>
>>19400247

I also said perhaps a drone could be sent with the data and camera live stream , during the summer in antarctica so there is 24 hour daylight
>>
>>19392706
Because it's very obviously a psyop designed to discredit other "conspiracy theories."

Can you even begin to imagine how much the deep state hates Alex Jones?
>>
>>19400307
>how much the deep state hates Alex Jones?

Why would they hate their best "performance artist"?
>>
There you have it OP. Look at the thread, this is why we avoid the subject and just laugh it off.
It's always fisheye/muhnasacgi/CIA niggers. No actual content or discussion.
>>
>>19400351
why is your life mission to be like this?
>>
File: fuckingretard.png (18KB, 539x178px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingretard.png
18KB, 539x178px
>>19392706
flat earth channels started popping up big time when -we need to talk about sandy hook- went viral. it was removed every time it was uploaded for weeks until jewtube realized it wasnt going to censor it. then this shit started
>>
File: 1500972089651.jpg (34KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500972089651.jpg
34KB, 678x960px
Let me shed some light on this.
>>
File: 1500971783765.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500971783765.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>19401121
This. It's a psy-op created by people who don't understand human minds for people who don't understand human minds.
>>
>>19401121

It actually started popping up when people started talking about Hollow Earth.
>>
>>19401542

I remember it plain as day.

Antarctica threads -> Hollow Earth threads -> nothing but flat earth threads ever since.
>>
>>19400262
There's already video. A timelapse remote camera tracking the sun during antarctica's summer as it circles over the period of a day.
>>
>>19392706
Flat earth is psyop to distract from hallow earth truth.
>>
>>19401690
Even though I love the hollow earth as a theory I wouldn't call it truth yet. But flat earth is doing some extreme damage. Instead of having channels pushing hollow earth and sparking an actual debate to get to the truth you have flat earthers poisoning the well with literal memes.
>>
Hollow earth is far more realistic and interesting than flat earth. Flat earth was a psyop started when conspiracy theories started getting too close to a few good truths about our planet, in order to discredit us. The people spreading flat earth are shills and literal useful idiots. Only a few talking points in the FE theory are even close to being true (such as giants). Mix truth and lies and what do you get? The cement of confusion.
>>
>>19393378
>the rich aren't already zipping around in subterranean cities.

Come on.
>>
>>19392706
flat earth society consists of paid shills by the church to push their christian agenda.
>>
>>19401698
I still subscribe to the hollow earth theory over FE and/or Globe earth. All theories on the end, I like the hollow earth better. Makes more sense tbqh
>>
>>19393731
>A hollow world that would be
Hollow Earth confirmed
>>
>>19392706
Flat Earth apologist
>>
File: eesacgi.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eesacgi.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>19392706
Nasa and EESA make billions, yet theres no real pictures of earth. Beyond cgi/fisheye lens (which futher casts doubt) theres lots of weather balloons that show NO CURVE at great heights that according to accepted radius, the curve is 8in per sq mile, we should see such shape. We dont.

https://youtu.be/WwimocU0IIc

Also pay attention to the small hotspot below the sun. The sun and moon are small and local. The earth is flat, possibly infinite, and stationary.

The earth spins at 1000mph? Thats faster than the speed of sound. It was figured out by pendulums from some old french guy?

Very suspicious. Just look at the UN logo, thats the real map. The UN logo also shows different sun movements in the lines for each orbit that creates seasons.
>>
>>19402089
Hi, I've been to space and you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>19402089
Bro flat Earth theory doesn't hold up for a ton of reasons, but the easiest to explain is the fact that gravity exists. A flat earth wouldn't have gravity, nor could it exist whilst gravity as we know it did too (dust in space that formed planets would naturally gravitate to a spheroid shape while coming together, not discs). The counter-theory I see a lot is that the disc-Earth is constantly moving in one direction (which I'll refer to as "up") to keep everything falling down to the earth, simulating gravity. The problem with this is if you've ever been in a car, you know that simply by the nature of being on an accelerating object, the things inside/on that object are brought to the same speed over time (why you dont constantly feel g-forces while driving, and after initial acceleration driving 50mph just feels like sitting normally). So to constantly upkeep gravity at 9.81 m/s of downwards force, earth would need to constantly accelerate at that speed. (I.e., Flat Earth after 2 seconds of existing would be moving upwards at 19.62 meters per second, and would need to forever increase. Problem is, once flat earth hits/goes beyond the speed of light (300,000 meters per second), due to the nature of matter, everything basically goes kablooey as the molecules making up everything known as Earth physically can't handle the speed they're moving at, and presumably breaks apart at the molecular level. Doing some simple maths (300,000 divided by 9.81), we can determine that this Earth-ending point in existance would occur no matter what after 30581.0397554 seconds, 509.68 minutes,or 8.49 hours of gravity existing. Personally, it is my belief that the Earth has existed with gravity for more than 8 and a half hours. Lmk what you think.
>>
>>19402117
fucked up my maths. speed of light is 300,000 km per second. redoing math now. please hold.
>>
>>19402117
Assumptions about gravity. How do you even know it's more than a theory? As far as I know gravity have not been conclusively proven.
>>
>>19402117
Ok sorry its 30581039.755 seconds, 509683.99592 minutes, 8494.733265 hours, 353.947219 days, or 0.97 years. Idk about you, but I still remember gravity existing a year ago. Sorry for the math mistake earlier.
>>
>>19402123
The thing is it has. A misconception that I see a lot of people have on the internet is that because things are called "The Theory of _____" in science, that means its on the same level of "9/11 was an inside job". In science, unlike the world of conspiracies, the term "theory" is actually a very difficult title to attain, and basically means "over the course of human existance keeping in mind what everybody's researched and experimented about regarding the topic, this is the best possible explanation for a universal phenomena that shapes some fundamental nature about reality". Believe it or not, a lot of work has been done by human kind, trying to explain our existence. Without reason to benefit from any specific theory, professionals over the past 2 thousand years have settled as gravity as the best explanation, so thats where I "put my chips", to speak in roulette terms".
>>
Flat earthers,

how do satellites work? How does GPS work? How do long-range radio communications work?
>>
Because mankind is hardwired to become that which they hate. For when you hate someone or something so much as to cast a judgment against them, you essentially become that which you hate by way of projection.

To murder a murderer makes you a murderer. The murderer may have died, but the spirit of murder simply transfers over to you.

When one casts a judgment or any sort of soft evil from within against another, it works in a very similar fashion to murdering a murderer.

All parties involved, I'm sure some will see, have very similar traits and qualities among themselves, but may have differing believes.

Both think those who are not siding with them are stupid, or crazy. Both will argue with one another despite people very rarely, not worth it, changing sides. Both are looking to convince others and are unwilling to be convinced themselves.

A closed heart can make one miss God.
>>
>>19399800
Louisiana doesn't exist
>>

Are you saying that the are mods banning you for this, or are you implying that people are "oppressing" you by calling you a retard for unironically believing the world is flat?
Do you want to know why almost everyone, even the morons that believe in ghosts, makes fun of you? It's not because everyone but you is a android/demon/alien that exists to suppress your all-powerful mind; it's because even a little bit of thought on this topic will tell you that it's nonsense. For example: the image that you just posted. On a flat earth, everything on the southern hemisphere would have to stretch to several times its actual width, and if it did, it would be trivial to notice and prove in real life. The picture even shows australia looking like someone fucked up its aspect ratio.
There's also the matter of the stars, on a flat plane, it would be impossible for stars to be hidden by the horizon, no matter where you went.
>>
>>19399167
Ah, and I suppose the Big Globe is paying of scientists to boost globe sales.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.