[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the spookiest region of the US and why is it the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: nw-m.jpg (27KB, 432x280px) Image search: [Google]
nw-m.jpg
27KB, 432x280px
What is the spookiest region of the US and why is it the pacific northwest?
>>
>>19390643
Seeking Tanis, runner available.
>>
I live in the pacific northwest and it isn't that spoopy except whenever I sneak around outside at 3 am I swear I can hear the earth whispering
>>
>>19391819
it whispers, "faggot"
>>
>>19390643

Not that spooky to be honest, except for certain spots along the coast of the Puget Sound outside Seattle. On thick fog days, the area gets very fucking thin, and all sorts of odd things can be witnessed and heard, from ghost ships, to fucking Ktulu.
>>
Eastern, Central and Southern Oregon are spooky/10 in my experience
>>
Deep south or hillbilly country desu
>>
>>19391869
>Fucking Ktulu
Do they migrate? They have to mate somewhere, I guess.
>>
File: redfish.jpg (308KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
redfish.jpg
308KB, 1800x1200px
I've been all over the least populated parts of specifically that area and people unfamiliar with not seeing any major cities for huge swaths of land might be unnerved by how far away from things they feel.

Makes for bomb ass drives and comfy camping spots, the people are the weirdest thing out here and they're pretty harmless.
>>
Spent 20 years in the NW, really gotta be deep in the cut to find the spookiness. However there are some truly evil feeling forests up there.

Desert is much more spook anywhere outside the city.
>>
>>19390643
Methamphetamine.
>>
>>19391869
I live very close to puget sound, Seattle night ferry rides are very nice but spooky. Standing on the top deck and looking out over the water is an amazing experience
>>
>>19391876
Jackson County, OR anon here. Absolutely nothing spooky here at all. The Oregon Vortex is the best spoop in the region and it's just a gravitational anomaly.
>>
>>19390643
Reporting lots of zombie activity in Spokane, scratch that, it's just tweakers, crackheads, and heroin junkies. We have been under a gypsy curse for like 30 years tho.
>>
File: 1498238568004.jpg (25KB, 236x390px) Image search: [Google]
1498238568004.jpg
25KB, 236x390px
>>19392028
>tfw spokanite
>tfw the only druggie i've met is my step-mom's sister who says she's "not schizophrenic" despite hearing voices she claims are spirits, and has attempted to break into my childhood home multiple times after the "spirits" told her my step-mom was plotting against her
It could be worse
>>
is this why gravity falls was set in oregon
>>
>>19390643
Yeah the fey up here are very active, I live in port angeles. Most of town is patches of woods and deep gullies, wouldn't advise walking around late night by yourself... and yeah, the night time on the lay lines can be quite active in a spiritual sense.
>>
>>19390643
So do you think Wisconsin is a scary place? Personally, iIthink the Indians and factory work make for some strange places in the city and wilds.
>>
Pacific Northwest isn't the spookiest.

The mojave desert/Southern Nevada/Ayy/Air Force/Black Site/whatever-the-fuck-that-thing-in-the-desert-is area is the spookiest.
>>
bend oregon here, everyone thinks theyre a fucking magician
>>
>>19392107
I live in a sketchy neighborhood and work nights downtown so I see tweakers constantly, it could be a lot worse, but downtown alleyways are kinda spooky, not even because of that, they just feel surreal.
>>
>>19390643
There Are things in the woods... watching from the dark....
you can hear them whisper...
See them watch from outside the fire light...
they do not love us...
indeed, quite the opposite...
it's strange to see silhouettes in the pitch black...
Tall figures rustleing the tall grass.
>>
Idk how many fucking times I've been walking through the dark ass woods and pass a tree just to turn and see that fucking face... white, no nose, eyes black, it's angry or in pain, never got used to it :/
>>
>>19390643
How spoopy is the Appalachian region? I'm watching The Descent right now and it makes me want to explore old mines and forests in Appalachia.
>>
Backwoods Montana here, there's some weird shit sometimes. I'd say that 95% of the time the woods at night are harmless. Then there is 5% of the time when you are glad you have large dogs and firearms, even if they just make you feel safer. I always think it's interesting that most animals, including yourself, can feel it when something strange is happening.
>>
File: IMG_0905.jpg (25KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
25KB, 301x167px
The Pacific Northwest, particularly port angeles and Joyce, I believe, sit directly on a fuggin ley line, I grew up here and I've seen the things in the woods.

They are not my friends and I don't pretend that they are
>>
>>19392174
Story or it didn't fucking happen. I've been in PA and it was as paranormal as a trailer park.
>>
>>19392028
They come out from the fucking cracks in the earth in the summer, too.
Fucking shittiest season hands down...
>>
Spokane Native here.

Nothing all that spooky around the area. Just tall tales of bigfoot and giants that used to live in the cascade mountains.
>>
>>19392195
>>19392195
Lol "been" to, you haven't seen shit then.
I've lived here my whole life, it's not so much a story as just a part of the town, most of it is patches of woods and old buildings... I've been in the woods with all manner of animal, but sometimes, just sometimes you get the feeling like it's not just a cougar or a bear, not a hobo or a crack head... just dark tall figures standing in the trail right outside the fire light... it's best to ignore them as to not fuel they're interacting... but they are very fucking real and very fucking there, I don't care who you are, you know when shit is off... I never, EVER, go to deep in the woods at night... there's no reason for me to bullshit you... the natives know it, I know it, it's more a warning and less a story.

The spit here used to be an Indian burial ground, there is an unusually high number of crazys, crack heads and suicides. If you know what I know, that means you know there is spirits afoot feeding off of these poor people...

Besides the woods, c street on the west side is also haunted af... walking after midnight when no one is on the street but me that fucking ghost trips me and says things I can't understand... I just know shit here is off
>>
>>19390643
Nothing is spookier than Spookane,WA
>>
>>19392149
The Appalachian Mountains are the oldest mountains in the world, being a billion+ years old. There's always the share of hillbillies and shit, but that's always the same in any backwater place. I've gone back in the thick of them camping many times alone, where the roads end and you have to pack everything on your back to get into the hills. Back in the lonely spots I've felt being watched, have found fossils, carrocks (stone burial piles), old native stone knappings and arrow heads, too. Dogs have gotten weird in the bush, not defensive but scared which is very weird for an otherwise protective canine. I've always gotten the vibe like whatever is watching is ancient itself, older than man, older than almost anything save the rocks, and it doesn't like man's presence meddling in those forgotten places. I wouldn't say the presence is "evil" but it feels like it's an adversary to mankind, so I guess that's just as bad. If it wasn't for guns and dogs, I wouldn't go deep into the Appalachians.
>>
>>19392139
>>19392119
>>19392174
>>19392251
>>19392260
Similarities
>>
File: 1455605805321.jpg (81KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1455605805321.jpg
81KB, 950x534px
Born and raised in WA, can confirm, the PNW is haunted as fuck. I've seen UFOs, dealt with ghosts, tracked Bigfoot, exorcised and been attacked by demons, witnessed black helicopters, been visited by G-men, joined a cult, ran a cult, etc.

It's spooky as fuck up here mein braj.
>>
>>19392260
My friend had his ashes spread there, he was from port angeles... idk if ur a religious person... but if you could tell Alex that Justin loves him and misses him that would be much appreciated.

He was a very good person, like a brother to me.
>>
>>19392280
Lol tell me about it... it just comes with the territory
>>
>>19392288
Yeah man I live in a city that is populated by like 60% Government workers, weird shit happens all the time but everyone around here just has this "never mind all that" attitude about it.
>>
>>19392293
Here in pa things have been getting weirder and weirder... ufos, constant military stuff, I'm pretty sure there is a military base up
In the woods on the other side of the mountain. Idk dawg, feels like things may be stirring.
>>
File: cairn.jpg (75KB, 588x431px) Image search: [Google]
cairn.jpg
75KB, 588x431px
>>19392281
I wouldn't mind saying that with a prayer and burning some sage. I understand, I want my ashes scattered in the mountains as well.
>>
>>19392302
Thank you friend, god bless.
>>
Yo the PNW rules. Anyone here from the Tacoma area? Let's hang and find some fuckin spooky spots.
>>
>>19392301
Where abouts in PA are you from if I may ask? I've seen some shit and some things too. Cumberland County here. Lots of blackened blackhawks lately, hell the other nite between 1 - 3am there was about a 90 minute window where I heard the afterburner of a fighter jet or jets at high altitude. UFO activity has been kinda wild the last couple years as well.
>>
Great thread. Lots of love in here tonight too. Cheers.
>>
>>19392316
Port angeles Washington state
>>
>>19392322
oops sorry, mistook pa for PA, i'm a derp
>>
>>19392310
Anyone from The Tac knows you don't go looking for spooky. Spooky find you.
>>
>>19392324
If you from the Tac then let's get spookie homie.
>>
>>19392324
This anon speaks the truth, but it works all over WA and OR.
>>
>>19392332
Indeed
>>
>>19392003

I miss taking the B.I. ferry to and from Seattle everyday. Used to live inawoods on the island. Sadly, place went to gentrified Hell with all the Amazon contract types buying, and renting, everything up. But yeah, night time ferry, especially about midnight, were fucking awesome especially when it was full moon.
>>
>>19392354
Rich folk drive out the paranormal. Seattle is basically bereft these days.
>>
File: IMG_0906.jpg (24KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0906.jpg
24KB, 400x266px
>>19392323
>>
>>19392260
Most of Tennessee is haunted I swear. Even in the western half of the state. The battle of Parkers Crossroads happened down the road a bit from where I live. But I think this area was dark to begin with. Despite the abundance of game here, and good land in this area, it was sparsely populated by the Indians. And they didn't even contest it when the original settlers came in here.
I've seen some strange dark figures slimming through the words here, and almost everyone's house seems to be haunted around here. Shits even weirder around Nashville and continuing east into the mountains.
>>
>>19390643
Shit has been acting weird in Victoria B.C. Everyone seems to have the ability to speak to eachother without speaking, much more comparatively to where I was living previously. As I lay here they insist that they are not in my head. Yesterday I found my self thinking to the neighborhood about my problems and when I had realized it was bad to do that and made a deal about it, I heard my neighbour audibly call siting just by her window "it's just an introspection" On its own without any previous dialogue. I didn't even know what it meant at the time but I could tell it was directed to me.
>>
>>19392368
>faggot metropolitan scum
kys
>>
Born in raised across the narrows bridge. If you've ever walked that shit at night, you'll know that it's creepy as shit. Even worse when it's almost 4:00 am, and only like 3 cars will pass by you.
>>
>>19390643
>why is it the pacific northwest?
Big trees and overcast days make for a spooky atmosphere.
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (124KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
124KB, 500x748px
>>19390643
i hear Utah is pretty spooky for some reason
>>
>>19392251
anybody jump off the 8th street bridges lately?
>>
>>19392128
Wisconsin reporting in. Eh, we just have burial grounds that we build on top of and the Dogman. And that one town here that like disappeared for one night. Never actually heard about it until there was a thread about it on here. There's lots of forest but for the ones that I've been in (which is a lot) none of them have been terribly spooky.
>>
>>19392324
Spookiest thing i ever experienced in T-town was the ghettos, K street, hilltop and such.
not so much spooky, but it was full of spooks, if you know what i mean
>>
>>19393129
/thread
that and weak minded people get easily depressed from dark dreary weather and get all suicided.
i think its beautiful
>>
>>19392149
West Virgina is meth'd up and mined out. There'a been couple cases of mysterious booms but probably just dynamite that never went off
>>
>>19390643
Ive spent nearly 200 full days/nights camping in the deep forests of the PNW throughout my life.

I've never seen anything beyond explanation out there, but there are certainly some cryptids roaming around.

Lots of people get freaked out by sounds in the rain forest, but I blame that on how sound caries through heavy fog in low mountains. Plus there really are lots of weird sounds out there from wildlife.
>>
>>19393230
What kind of cryptids? Got any stories?
>>
The rural south is pretty spoopy. Religious extremism, dilapidated churches everywhere, all kinds of local cryptid sightings, plus a good chunk of the population has been driven insane from meth.
>>
>>19393638
There's a night bird that screams like an unholy hellbeast, it likes to wait for general sound to die away so it's fairly quiet before it screams bloody murder from the treetops above you. It's an actual bird though, I just forget what species.
>>
>>19392316
I'm from PA, and large swaths of it are perfectly fine. If you go out into the woods in Central PA, you can camp sans spooks, for the most part. The only bad places basically anywhere in PA is where people have left some bad fuckin' mojo laying around. It's self-perpetuating, like it's drawing in more spookshit. I've been to actually quite a lot of Native American burial grounds and sacred mountains (I befriended a Lenape researcher), and they don't feel angry, just quiet. The spookiest places are the most populated ones. Even abandoned cabins and factories in the middle of the forest are perfectly haunt-free.
>>
File: 1tk0me.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1tk0me.gif
2MB, 360x202px
I live in Idaho and a Scary Clown came to our high school at night and posted a picture on facebook. Pacific Northwest very spooky.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.