[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have reoccurring dreams? I've had the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12

File: 16516.jpg (104KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
16516.jpg
104KB, 1024x746px
Anyone else have reoccurring dreams?
I've had the same kind of dreams for as long as I can remember, which is since I was about 12. Before that I don't have many memories at all really

It's not like "oh I dreamt I was chased again!". It's actually like I'm somewhere else completely, some town that I can actually recognize and recall by now. I've dreamt of this place so many times now that I could probably draw a crude map over the place
Thing is, this might seem really cool. But it's been bothering me for a long time now. First of all, I don't ever recall having a good feeling in this place. It's always dark and most often very foggy, desaturated and 'grungy'. A very lifeless kind of place.
>>
File: 6841615.jpg (85KB, 769x582px) Image search: [Google]
6841615.jpg
85KB, 769x582px
I can't remember specific characters that only exist there though. I either meet strangers or someone I know from the real world. If I meet strangers, 9 out of 10 times something bad is about to happen, strangers are ALWAYS hostile. And most times I dream of someone I know, something bad happens to them instead.
Even if bad things do happen, I don't wake up. I have a few very vivid memories from a couple of dreams. One in which I'm flung off of a cliff, while I'm in mid-air I see a flash and a huge mushroom cloud over the horizon. It ended with me getting impaled in a large field of stalagmites. I can remember thinking that I was dying and just waiting for everything to go dark while I was impaled. As I stopped breathing in the dream I eventually woke up because I had actually stopped breathing in real life too
The other time I was in a bar with people I didn’t know. I remember one of them telling me he was a police officer before pulling out a knife and stabbing me in the chest. I don’t remember feeling any pain, but the shock of my blood pouring out of my chest is still pretty vivid. I remember slumping down against a wall just thinking that that was how I was gonna die and all I could do was look down on my blood soaked hands. I remember that I stopped breathing that time too, and that things felt so surreal before I woke up and took a deep breath.

I've been trying to learn lucid dreaming, maybe I can explore this further or maybe it'll stop being so depressing. Not sure why I’m writing this, but it’s 2:30am and I don’t want to go to bed just yet.
I’ve been saving pictures that remind me of what my dreams look like, I’ll post a few. If you have similar pictures or stories then please share
>>
File: 6573567.jpg (53KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
6573567.jpg
53KB, 550x550px
TL;DR

I've had the same nightmares for 10+ years. They look like the pictures I post

Share similar pics or stories
>>
File: 987.jpg (65KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
987.jpg
65KB, 400x516px
>>
File: 789456.jpg (14KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
789456.jpg
14KB, 400x283px
>>
File: 12354.jpg (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
12354.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
>>
File: 12323.png (221KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
12323.png
221KB, 500x363px
>>
File: 3213.jpg (114KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
3213.jpg
114KB, 500x750px
>>
File: 78.png (4MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
78.png
4MB, 1280x1920px
>>
File: 888.png (148KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
888.png
148KB, 900x674px
>>
>>19390612

I've had a reocurring dream that takes place in the same town/city all my life. Never been there. Same as you've described, though, I've had them for so long that I can find my way around them and while in my dream I seem to know that it's dream but I still get to "be here". Does that make sense?

There's a school, a highway overpass, a school bus with a trampoline next to it, a few different places where I've had an apartment. Just on and on. I literally meet and re-meet people all the time in these dreams and we remember each other.

It's never bad, though. Sometimes it has been unnerving.

Thought I was the only one, too. Been having mine for the better part ot 50 years.
>>
Yeah I have had only the same dream twice. I have never had a similar occurrence.
>be me
>wake up
>walk to window for w.e reason
>I hear a droning idle outside
>I peak out through curtains
>Alien ship is hovering down street
>shining spotlight at cars and houses
>I sit on the floor and check it out
>its pretty cold out and I can feel the draft from the window
>it keeps going and eventually goes away.

had this dream twice. Its hyper real and everything from the cars outside to the weather is usually the same in the dream.
>>
File: 1500512047438.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500512047438.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
>>19390612
I recurrently dream that my father murdered a girl and he asks me for help to hide her body. We bury her deep in the woods, under a small log cabin.

I'm always very confused during and after these dreams. Every time they come back, a new layer is added to the crime; new motives, police discovering the body, me mixing up who actually killed the girl and thinking I did it... They're all very lucid and vivid dreams, so I always wake up panicked and believing i'm neck deep in sketchy shit.

They don't reoccur with a pattern, seems pretty random. I don't dream often, but when I do remember it's either this or some other fictive scenario. What could it mean?
>>
Not really a reoccurring dream in the same way, but whenever I dream, houes, buildings, and anything architects is run down and broken. Even train stations. Like if the city has been avoided for 25 years.
>>
>>19390612
When I was much younger like around age 3-7 I used to have this dream multiple times.

>driving in back seat of car
>we're in my mom's old minivan which had one of those doors that slide open
>we turn down this busy street in a bad part of town
>I look out the window and see a rottweiler or some sort guard dog in someone's yard
>starts barking frantically at our car
>Jumps the fence and starts to chase us
>my door for slides open for some reason
>the dog is getting closer and I start to scream at my parents to go faster
>they ignore me and continue driving at normal speed
>The dog jumps in the car and attacks me
>I scream for help but my parents ignore me
By then I usually wake up, but I used to get that exact dream a lot as a kid. I was never really scared of big dogs or anything so I have no clue why I kept on having it. I think those dreams stopped a little after I turn 7 or 8.
>>
>>19390612
I have dreams where I go "lucid" and immediately start flying. But I really don't go lucid, it's just a dream.
>>
In my restless dreams, I see that place.
Silent Hill.
You said you would take me there again someday.
But you didn't.
I'm waiting for you there now.
In our special place.
>>
>>19390612
been having dreams where im in a uncanny version of the house I grew up in for the past twenty some years. Its usually starts out as my house and then I'll notice a new room or door. From there everything just starts getting weirder and farther from the norm. Some rooms are full of old guitars, some are like a basement with block walls but then I remember im on the second floor. Sometimes I'll hear people outside trying to get in or see flashlights shinning on the windows.

On a funny note sometimes I have dreams of being in that house and using the bathroom. Everytime I wake up mid dream 99% sure I pissed the bed. To date I never have but it always wakes me up
>>
Pretty similar. I've been dreaming about the same coastal town since I was about 7. I did make a map of it once. I love the dreams and it always feels like going home, as if I belong there more than here. The strangest thing is the locals of the town have aged and progressed in their lives alongside irl time. The town has also had some updating. A new mall, the funfair got better. One local there, Anne, who was about 16 when I first had the dreams, used to work at the funfair and saw me onto the rides when I first started going there. She now has kids of her own. It's fucking weird!
>>
>>19392213
Holy shit this is so much like a recurring one I've had. I'm in my grandparents house, and I notice a sort of door that leads to this absurdly narrow hallway slanted downwards. I end up in the basement but it's not quite the same, there's a bunch of rooms filled with tools, mannequins, washing machines, and just weird random shit. Nothing ever particularly scary happens, it's just me looking around this huge portion of their house I didn't know about.
>>
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Miscellanea&su=Dreams
Interesting stuff on dreams from a sort of crazy but fascinating series.
>>
>>19390620
>>19390614
>>19390612
do you have any heart problems?
I have pectus excavatum and have found that usually when I run out of breath sleeping and my heart is struggling to beat, it's then that I have these fucked up dreams the most.
>>
File: drop-of-water-285398_640.jpg (55KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
drop-of-water-285398_640.jpg
55KB, 640x426px
Had a dream which happened 2 times, in the same place (house near mountains) and the same day (new year eve) but with a year difference. Very vivid when i woke up and it didnt happen anymore, but i can stilk remeber part of it
>one road of the city in which i live
>ambient is cloudy and colors are very cold
>very old lady (never saw her irl) "trimming" a old bush without any leaves
>no sounds nothing
then it gets blurry until the end where i can hear a loud sound (like a stomp) and see a "screen" like in the pic
>>
you want some /x/ type dreams / hallucinations?
drink heavily for an entire year then cut off cold turkey.

enjoy the ride.
>>
>>19393076
not op but been there done that, just with the addition of also smoking crack.

It'll not be a pleasant ride when you stop doing those drugs...
>>
For years I've dreamed of the same run down city, The sky is always black with no moon or stars visible. There are small fires that light the city but not very well, First time there i had a guide in a weird way. Walked past a door with people yelling "Help me, Let us out, We're scared" I was stopped before i was able to open the door. My guide told me "Don't it's the damned" and left it at that.

I hate dreaming of that place, Has such a feeling of dread to it and homelessness. I've learned to wake myself up if i start dreaming about it thankfully, Though the city trys to sneak into other dreams. As if trying to trick me back into it.

The guide was a woman with light short hair, Wearing heavily worn clothing.
>>
When I was just a kid, maybe between 4-7, I remember on multiple occasions having this very same short 30 second sequence. It starts with me halfway down the staircase from the upstairs where I sleep. Then its just me alone walking down it with no lights on, except for the christmas tree. That is lit and provides all the lighting for this area of the house. It continues with me just walking past the tree towards my completely darkened kitchen. That is where it would end. I remember having this many many times and even can remember the feelings of confusion when I'd wake up and remember having that same dream again.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.