[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to undo my Christian conditioning and see the self, consciousness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: buddha1.gif (321KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
buddha1.gif
321KB, 980x653px
I want to undo my Christian conditioning and see the self, consciousness, Buddha and God are all one thing, not something seperate that lives in the sky.

Can anyone help?
>>
why do you want to turn away from the Lord, brother?
>>
How about a happy middle ground?
Check out the perennial philosophy.
>>
>>19389898
Because he is the oneness and everything. Not seperate and above us, like how Christians say.
>>
>>19389907
I think you can find Christ taught something similar.
"The Kingdom of heaven is within you."
"To enter the Kingdom of Heaven you must be born again."
"Before Abraham was, I AM!"
"Is it not written in your scriptures that "You are Gods"?"
>>
>>19389917
That's nice but do Christians really LIVE these words? The church doesn't seem too concerned with informing the true meanings to the public
>>
>>19389917
Buddhists say:
>If you see Buddha on the road, kill him
Christians say:
>Question not that this was the true son and prophet of the only true God
>>
How does one convert to Buddhism? How do you become a Buddhist?
>>
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (20KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
20KB, 466x466px
Christianity and Buddhism are both nihilistic, only on opposite ends. Buddhism is presentist (only the present moment exists) and Christianity is eternalist/temporalist.

There are two modes of consciousness, being and doing, that are actually different perceptual reference frames of moment and time. The being mode is when your inner narrative (planning, anticipating, making stories about) is absent or minimized, such as that past and present isn't experienced. A single ever-existing moment is the fixed point of reference and everything is change in this moment. The story of the self doesn't exist because the narrative does not exist. The doing mode is what we are familiar with: considering past and present, and planning. In this mode the line of time is the fixed point of reference, and moment is variable along it.

Being is spacial, parallell, relational, holistic and analogic, doing is logical (this-therefore-that) serial, reductionistic, temporal and linguistic. This is the essence of Yin and Yang, of the fundamentals of our phenomenological experience.

We are in the middle of a monumental time war between parasitic being and doing, represented as Christianity vs. Buddhism, each trying to consume the other. Like all wars this is based on illusory principles; there is no conflict, just two different reference frames that both encompass the totality. The solution was already found in the fundamental theorem of calculus, which is a mathematical formulation of Yin-Yang. Calculus is after all the mathematical science of change.
>>
Hi OP, I'm a paranormal atheist. I have enough experience with Buddhism that I can probably help you get where you want to be.

>>19389977
Readily and easily. There's no great ritual to perform, no great ceremony or testimony, or any other "look how much I mean it" posturing to get you started.

You just look up the basic principles and do your best to practice them. Buddhism doesn't try to change you at all, it places the responsibility of changing squarely on your shoulders where it belongs.
>>
Go take a quarter of shrooms in a dark room by yourself. You won't have any more questions
>>
File: Four_nines_fine_gold.jpg (206KB, 882x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Four_nines_fine_gold.jpg
206KB, 882x1433px
>>19389999
>>
>>19390007
>Doesn't try to change you
Well, not, they give you the option of becoming a Buddhist or not. but beyond that, it WILL change the individual, particularly if they're hooked up with one of the many initiatory traditions of Buddhism (Vajrayana, Thereveda, etc.)
>>
>>19390024
Right but that's easy to figure out on your own. I'm more interested in helping OP overcome his Christian conditioning, not so much on the using a new mode of conditioning to override it.
>>
What are the best books on Buddhism?

Which books are bullshit/should I stay away from?
>>
>>19389897
>I want to undo my Christian conditioning
Manifest the Holy Spirit into a Frog and then crucify it
>>
>>19390044
Funny. that's the first thing that came to me when I saw this thread

https://www.thelema.ca/156/Libri/lib70.html

>>19390041
True dat. We *are* on MySpace, though.
>>
>>19390015
Asshole don't say that ,he should do it with friends
>>
Buddhism doesn't really teach Divine Oneness with All.
I think you might want Hinduism (Upanishads).
>>
>>19390065
>implying the assertion of the existence of Atman is *closer* to Divine Oneness than believing Atman, too, is Maya.
>>
>>19389977
just agree with most of it. That's pretty vague, but really it's true. There's no baptism or anything, at a certain point you can just realize that a lot of the philosophical/religious ideas you hold are informed by Buddhism, and then you're basically a Buddhist. Buddhists believe a shitload of different things anyway, so just because you maybe don't line up perfectly with any school of thought doesn't mean that you're disqualified.
>>
File: Krishna_Arjuna.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna_Arjuna.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>>19389897
Chant the rounds of Hare Krishna mahamantra daily and you'll gradually approach the absolute truth

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
>>
Read The Heart of Buddha's Teaching.
>>
File: maha.jpg (16KB, 736x1079px) Image search: [Google]
maha.jpg
16KB, 736x1079px
>>19390171
Har Har Mahadev
>>
i missed the days when /x/ wasnt flooded with christfags
>>
>>19390247
This guy is trying NOT to be one. If you want less of them then help them convert.
>>
>>19389897
you are already doing it!
>>
>>19389897
You realize early Christianity didn't believe G-d was a man in the sky? Early Christianity and Judaism and Panentheistic, they believe the universe is G-d's mind.
>>
>>19389897
Nigga you dumb as fuck. Buddha was just a man, a spiritual leader. He has nothing to do with the supposed christian god.
>>
>>19390777

Woke af, witnessed.
>>
>>19390239
my nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 343x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 343x340px
>>19389897
Shiva, this is very unlike you to say about yourself...
>>
>>19389897
>Thinks God 'lives in the sky'
>"""Christian""" conditioning
Brother, you might be a heretic.
>>
Yea I can help. Read the Bible and believe it as fact and find the truth. Don't stray from it
>>
>>19389897
https://youtu.be/Qt2r3zDufcQ
>>
Read the dhampada and Tibetan book of the dead for starters, also the upanishads
>>
File: rudra_by_lakshmann-d4diba5.jpg (235KB, 1226x713px) Image search: [Google]
rudra_by_lakshmann-d4diba5.jpg
235KB, 1226x713px
>>19390239
EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM
>>
>>19389926
Tbh, there's a way you can have your cake and eat it too. Look into early Christianity, books like 'Wisdom of the Desert Fathers' which lay down the concepts of monastic Christianity as well as it's mystical aspects.

If looking into Buddhism you'll have to understand that Theravada Buddhism is the only pure strain of that religion. Mahayana and later splits are as Buddhist as some Protestant sects are Christian. Which is to say, not evidently much so.

Looking into it you'll find that Buddhism at its core is a heavily monastic religion. A friend of mine, a former Theravedan monk, told me that the Buddha said that 'no king nor general can ever follow the eightfold path'. Which is to say, to be a proper Buddhist, you have to give up all worldly things.

This isn't all that different from Orthodox Christianity's monastic traditions, and you'll find more parallels, particularly mystical ones the more you investigate both religion. Either way, you should learn to do away with your-what I assume- Protestant conditioning. But I do hope you don't turn away from Christ, brother. The Faith is a path that we all walk.
>>
>>19389956
Really? Who said that?
>>
>>19389999
Quads of truth
>>
>>19390171
But I can't... I can't pronounce it! I tried it and all I got was feeling of insult. Speech problem...
>hale klisna hale klisna hale hale hale lama
>>
>>19389897

Christianity is not compatible with Buddhism. By trying to take something from both you will give disrespect to both of them. You have to lose you attachment to Jesus to practice fully as a Buddhist.

Pure Land is the simplest and easiest path for a lay person. And can be incredibly profound.

Zen/Chan buddhism is more predominant in the west and you'll be more likely to find a sangha.

Theravada has an extremely sharp distinction between laity and asceticism.
>>
File: 1498897467874.jpg (80KB, 781x657px) Image search: [Google]
1498897467874.jpg
80KB, 781x657px
>>19389897
>I'm tired of this lie, so I'm moving to another one.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.