[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in an afterlife? Why or why not? For the longest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: space.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
Do you believe in an afterlife? Why or why not?

For the longest time I thought there might be something after death, but almost out of nowhere it just suddenly all seems so fake. I want to believe that there's something more, but I can't get it out of my head that there's just nothing. Pic maybe related?
>>
>>19386152
When you die you float around the Earth in a dimension very closeto the physical plane but not quite, and there are different levels to the Death Zone, for different levels of souls, youg and foolish up to old and wise. After you float around aimlessly in a place where nothing seems to stick, you can choose a new life and a new body of your choice, because those souls who die on Earth mostly just get recycled.

This data was all logged and recorded by Dr. Robert Monroe, who is the leading mind on astral projection or "Out of Body Experiences." It was through practicing and perfecting his Out of Body technique that he was able to encounter and explore the "Death Zone." Just read "Far Journies" by him.
>>
>>19386468
I read the Bruce Moen books and all about the Monroe Institute when I was a kid but, I'm sorry, it's nothing but a larp.

When you die, there is nothing about you that remains to perceive anything.
>>
>>19386480
You're a larp
>>
>>19386152
Yes.
>>
>When you die you are lost in a spinning madness as your brain slowly decays.
>All you can do is focus on the person you were and what you could have been if you had tried harder.
>You will remember all the things you wanted to do, but never were able to accomplish.
>Your mind will generate images of yourself and body being warped and broken and will feel immense pain and misery.
>Your only comfort will be your happy memories, if even that, because even those will be eventually lost.
>Soon all that will remain is the pain which will begin to feel like nothing to you.
>Finally, there will be nothing.

Unless you get cremated, in which case you're golden! Might as well have never existed at all!
>>
>>19386152
Atheist. I believe in reincarnation. And you can break free from reincarnation (Moksha).
>>
>>19387494
This is what I want, non-existence. Why anyone would want to exist for eternity is beyond me. Even paradise would get tedious and boring after a couple hundred years.
>>
You just need to born again ...every life is different in some way, so yah ...no need to get bored.. Who would think that staying static in a pretty place = to paradise? that's my definition of hell..
>>
>>19387528
I think nothing is what is next for us. However, eternity is a very long time. I feel like at some point during the billions and billions of years of nothingness, whatever caused consciousness to occur in your body now could do it again.

Either it doesn't and you experience nothing, or against all odds it does and you begin life again as whatever living being your matter has become this time. The odds would be incredibly small, but in an eternity there's a chance of that still occurring.

It would seem instantaneous and you won't even know it happened. It could have already occurred countless times without you realizing it. You just won't be the version of you that you know now in the slightest.
>>
>>19386152
You got sleep, then you wake, but you have no memory of going to sleep.

Suppose there is a god and an afterlife, but suppose you do not go to them. You do not meet god nor do you wake up in some Elysian Fields. You simply went to sleep as your fathers have. How would you feel, supposing this was true?
Would you feel comfort? Would you think death a gift? A final rest for weary men?
You don't really cease to exist, since you probably don't even know what "you" is.

Now suppose there were no god, nor an afterlife. How would that make you feel? Would you feel any different? More reluctant to die?
In any case, both possibilities are mysterious and execiting.
>>
seems more advantageous to plan for the possibility you will continue after death

really what this equates to is being fully responsible for all your actions for they might echo on for all eternity. and be aware that you might be crafting a mentality that will outlive your body.
>>
>>19387507
what... are you saying that you are an atheist and you believe in reincarnation?
because that makes you not an atheist
>>
>>19388263
nicely put
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.