[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/ is a pretty diverse place, so I'm curious as to what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6306.jpg (43KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6306.jpg
43KB, 736x552px
So /x/ is a pretty diverse place, so I'm curious as to what exactly each of you believe in/practice.

Personally, I'm not terrible superstitious when it comes to magic (although it fascinates the shit out of me) but I definitely think that aliens are out there.
>>
File: 1440717817464.jpg (38KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
1440717817464.jpg
38KB, 479x358px
>>19382679
>believe in
nothing
>practice
discordianism.
>>
>>19382687
Grammar correction. I don't "believe in 'nothing'."

I "do not believe in anything."
>>
>>19382687
>believe in
Macaroni and cheese
>Practice
Laziness and blissful detachment from the world
>>
File: JosephCampbell.jpg (20KB, 325x242px) Image search: [Google]
JosephCampbell.jpg
20KB, 325x242px
I practice Comparative Mythology.

That means I read every myth from the Sumerians and Gnostics to the Hebrews and others.

The idea is to look at the similarities and common themes.

The guys you call Aliens are Lords of the Garden or also Archons.
>>
File: behead.png (129KB, 255x345px) Image search: [Google]
behead.png
129KB, 255x345px
>>19382697
Exactly.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 652x588px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 652x588px
>believe in
theism and philosophy (but not agnostic)
>practice
LDS because it's how I was raised and still haven't escaped parents
>>
File: bowie spirt.jpg (68KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
bowie spirt.jpg
68KB, 850x400px
I was raised catholic as a kid, i mean actually raised in a religious way, which i think its pretty rare these days in the godless secular west.
I went to Sunday school, did my communion, all that garbage.
I grew up and became an atheist, or rather just a lazy atheist, i was never like some fedora that made it my identity.
I think organized religions were created by man and for the most part are a form of control or a way to steal money from people.
There is some knowledge in the ancient texts though.
As i grew older and became a neet, i have become more spiritual. I do not like atheism anymore or materialism, i think people need a purpose in life, a reason to live for other than consuming, they need structure, tradition, ritual.
At the same time i despise the Abrahamic religions the most, but organized religion in general as stated above.
I think of myself as sort of some spiritual anarchist, i do not like organization, or atheism, but i think spirituality is important, i do not like that the word of god is dictated by these managers like priests or rabbis or imams.
I think a person should seek god on an individual level themselves.
I like paganism and the occult, i like anything that isnt very mainstream or organized, i do not like modern things like new age faggotry or wicca.
I like the ancient, tradition, the things of your ancestors.
For a short time i decided to worship the greek god of dreams, why not, there is nothing to stop me, and im sure he would be glad that someone is paying atteion to him after thousands of years.
I decided that i was going to contact him through lucid dreaming, i found this idea infintly more exciting than boring old praying on your knees to Yahweh.
Anyways, one day i had a dream where i was walking down the street and became lucid. As the dream went on i was viscoulsy attacked by dogs and torn to shreds. Ever since then i have not had one dream, and that was months ago.
So i can assume i was meddling with forces that didnt likeme
>>
>>19382747
to add to this, i think atheists do have some knowledge about the flaws of religion, but they have yet to disprove god.
Another thing is that most atheists idea of god is based off the abrhamic one.
The atheists themselves are trapped in the demiurges cage
>>
>>19382709
sorry I was just using your format to post my stuff, not really replying directly.
>>
>believe in
discordianism
>practice
nothing.
>>
I'm just here to for cool laughs i don't believe in any of it
>>
ITT: Gays
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 327x154px
>>19382679
Personally I'm hard agnostic, but I think Taoism is cool.
>>
I believe in experience and practice guitar
>>
Buddhism
>>
>>19382679
I believe that anything could be real and that if any person ever tells you they know the true truth about something, they're full of shit and/or trying to take your money.
examples
>'x' is not real=can't really prove it
>'x' is real=can't really prove it
>'x' happened=can't really prove it
>I 'x' my 'x' and 'xxx' when I masturbate=still can't really prove it

The one thing I know for sure is that I have a conscious mind most of the time. Just can't prove shit else. But that's no way to go through life, so I conform when it's necessary to continue my well being. Doesn't mean I do or do not believe in anything I'll say or do for you, though.

All that being said, I do worship various gods and practice a school of magic that I dun gon and made myself. Absorbed much from reading on religions of all sorts(especially Dischordianism) and comics(Invisibles and Sandman being my favorites) as well as my (improvable) interpretations of music and film. All of that and much much more got thrown in the pot and I am what was of it all, though I am far from a finished meal. Still marinating and adding the right ingredients as I come across them. Shit's gun b good doe.

>tldr; I can't prove reality, but I can experience and influence it, so might as well do what I can to enjoy the shared delusion
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.