[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couldn't say one bored NASA whistleblower point the hubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Nellis_Air_Force_Base.png (302KB, 489x314px) Image search: [Google]
Nellis_Air_Force_Base.png
302KB, 489x314px
Couldn't say one bored NASA whistleblower point the hubble to area 51 for a day or two and just take shitloads of mind bendingly hi-def pics ?
>>
I doubt you can just turn the hubble around to look at the earth without anyone noticing. Also i doubt just anybody at NASA has the access to the hubble. Also the sun would have to be closer to the hubble than the earth for the hubble-side of the earth to be lit and that would probably make getting a picture harder because of light pollution.

So no, i don't think so.
>>
>>19378983
No I don't think Hubble can focus on anything close. It's a huge reflecting telescope. I got a very small reflecting telescope and it can't focus on anything close. With it scaled up to the size of Hubble it'd be impossible.
>>
I think satellites have finite repositioning budgets, after which they require dispatching a shuttle to refuel and repair them before they can do more repositioning.
>>
The hubble telescope isn't a fucking uav you normie
>>
>>19378983
Even in the unlikely scenario that such a thing could occur, anything that's interesting at Area 51 is underground so it doesn't matter anyways.

That's not taking into consideration that Area 51 nowadays is a red herring to detract attention from other sites that are testing experimental aircraft.
>>
>>19378983

The government is concerned about keeping area 51 off limits for 2 reasons, and neither involves "aliens".

The first is because it's a good place to conduct classified, and dangerous, testing of aircraft, missiles, rockets, and other weapons and technology.

The second, and this is the REAL reason the government is so concerned about the place, is that it is basically a giant hazardous waste dump. They've buried so much shit in that area that it's just straight up poison, and if the public found out, the government would never hear the end of it, and it would cost billions and billions of dollars to clean up properly. That facility is essentially surrounded by the graves of nuclear, chemical, and industrial waste products that have been accumulating since the 60's. The most fucked up thing about that place is that civilian employees got sick as fuck or contracted diseases from all the hazardous waste and burn pits there, sued the government, and got squashed because the government played the "classified" card.

The place is a shithole.
>>
>>>/pol/135767523

Nine Janet flights to Area 51 today. Don't know if that's out of the ordinary, but it seems like a lot.
>>
>>19380530
And how do you know what actually happens in area 51 may i ask?
>>
>>19380740
I think we just found our whistleblower.
>>
>>19378983
Isn't it mostly underground, anyways? for one, two I don't think turning the fucking HST around would be as easy as turning your webcame, buddy. three i dont think the HST could even see things that close it's lenses are focused for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper far away.
>>
>>19380530
This is also why it is very, very easy for undergraduates to get Q clearance. Protip: If you got your Q clearance within the space of 2 weeks, you are going to get sterilized by exposure, and probably die from brain cancer at the age of 35. That is a long way to say: The clearance ain't worth it!
>>
File: NTS.jpg (396KB, 1313x818px) Image search: [Google]
NTS.jpg
396KB, 1313x818px
>>19380740
>how do you know what actually happens in area 51

Open source info, dude.

Pic related: The facility is pretty much co-located next to what was known as the Nevada Test Site, which is where we detonated a metric shit-ton of nuclear weapons, above and below ground. You can see the valley looks like the fucking moon it's so cratered.

The facility at Groom lake served as not only a staging area for classified and nuclear projects, but also as a hazardous waste storage facility. You can see the various HAZMAT burial pits located near the N.T.S. and near the Groom lake facility itself.

That entire area is pretty much one giant HAZMAT site due to the above ground nuke testing that took place, and all the other shit they disposed of in the area.

Documentary of Groom Lake from back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQnBJrj_-l8
>>
WHY CAN'T WE JUST POINT A CAMERA AT THE MOOON AND TAKE A PICTURE OF THE FLAG ON IT
>>
>>19380530
This

No alien tech, but lots of data on what enemy air missile defense systems can or cannot do against US and allied assets.

Stuff that might not be exciting to the average person, but really super fucking secret in terms of threat and friendly capability knowledge in the event of war.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.