[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky story. Post spooks that have either happened to you IRL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 17

File: 1446070591466.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1446070591466.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
Spooky story. Post spooks that have either happened to you IRL or to someone you know IRL. Basically anything that you're instrumental in carrying out the oral history of.

Also feel free to post screencaps of spooky stories. Greentext, regular stuff, whatever. I've done a lot of moving around the USA and most of the places I've been I've met people who have been through some really odd shit. I got a few but I dunno if I have enough to keep a proper thread going.

I want to preface this by saying I've been away from /x/ for a few years, only recently came back because I'm finally in a stable living arrangement and I watch a lot of conspiracy stuff for laughs.

First story comes from a guy I met in Idaho in like 2010 or 2011.

>Coworker invites me to his place for drinks
>we'd been getting friendly cuz at the time I looked like a punk kid and he associated that with the metal he listened to
>I didn't have any friends so I accepted
>we make a quick stop on the way so he could pick something up from a guy
>follow him in 'cause he doesn't object
>coworker (James) walks right in, doesn't knock or anything
>homeowner is a weird dude named Simon
>absurdly well dressed dude for someone that clearly doesn't leave the house except maybe to buy food and alcohol
>we get to talking while James goes into some room for like twenty minutes
>Simon works from home, apparently as a kind of secretary, like arranging his business meetings and such, very rarely has to actually leave and would rather not anyway
>He's got a bunch of mannerisms that suggested he wasn't all there. Like he'd start talking, stop himself, tap his head with his fingers to some beat, then start talking about something different
>James comes out of the room with a box and asks if I minded waiting there with Simon for a minute while he runs down to the end of the street to do something
>yeah sure whatever dude, I don't have anything better to do anyway

1/?
>>
>>19378589
2/?
>>
>Simon asks where I'm from and that starts a long conversation about the differences between my hometown and his
>apparently he's originally from the greater Detroit area but moved to Idaho with his folks like a decade back and hasn't left since
>James gets back like 20 later while me and Simon are having a good time
>he asks Simon if he wants to tag along for drinks, Simon asks us if we just wanted to drink at his place 'cause he might have to do some work during the night, apparently he was just always on call
>Later on, we're having a really good time, James turns out to be like way smarter than me, and he and Simon had a bunch of "Hey remember that time" stories.
>I mostly don't have to talk about myself which is fine, watching these two go on about old times was really fun.
>James starts asking me what I do to keep myself occupied since I moved out there
>tell him I mostly play vidya, we get on the subject of vampire fiction cuz I'd just beaten VTMB for the first time (I opened it.)
>Simon's really quiet the whole time, but since we'd killed a case of beer and gone out to get another 12 pack, I thought he was just out of his element
>Say something about how the setting freaked me out cuz while I know none of it is real, it's totally plausible
>Simon asks me how I know it's not real
>well because that's dumb, I'm pretty sure we'd know if there were vampires and gargoyles and shit
>Simon starts telling me about this time he went urban exploring with some friends of his
>I guess there wasn't much to do where he went to high school
>there was like an old abandoned hospital or something, way smaller than you'd think by the words "abandoned hospital" near his town that just wasn't torn down for some reason
>It's all pretty cool to them, lots of graffiti and stuff everywhere, no crazy homeless people, lots of old paperwork and trash all over the place, clearly used as a hangout spot some time ago

2/? not much left on this one
>>
>>19378687
Oh! C'MON! Stop teasing already!
>>
File: 1433623632667.jpg (45KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1433623632667.jpg
45KB, 500x436px
>They get a lot of cool pictures, joke around a lot, have a good time.
>start getting the itch to do some more exploring
>one of Simon's friends had heard about an abandoned mattress factory in a nearby city
>they decide to go there the next day
>Simon and his friends drive an hour out to this factory
>most of it is boarded up on the first floor so they have to break through a side entrance
>place stinks, but aside from a little bit of old graffiti didn't seem like it had been touched in a decade or two
>odd cuz the city it was in was kinda known as a shithole and you'd expect at the very least to find a squatter or two
>they make their way through the building which is pretty big but mostly there was only the ground floor with a couple staircases that lead up to like what Simon called offices raised up
>Simon's looking through an office while his buddies are screwing around elsewhere, smashing stuff and being dumbasses
>Everything suddenly goes very dark and quiet.
>Simon freezes up. It's not like it gradually got darker or anything, and it's not his friends slowly stopped being dumbasses, it's more like a switch got flicked and everything changed.
>he pulls out his phone and uses the backlight to walk down the stairs and tries to go over to where his friends were
>no sign of anyone
>he walks around the building, calling out for them a few times, and decides fuck that, it's too weird in here, he's gonna wait outside fro them
>goes to the side door they'd pried to get in
>the plywood is back up. Nailed in.
>he tries to keep a clear head but he's really freaked out
>keeps hearing a metallic tapping above him
>starts looking for something to break the plywood with, since it wasn't that hard to do to get in, but they'd pried it off from the outside and now he'd have to actually smash through it
>metallic tapping is sounding more like skittering and getting louder as he moves through the building
3/?
>>
>>19378723
I'll give you a short story after you finish yours.
>>
File: spoopy+swimming.gif (367KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy+swimming.gif
367KB, 500x316px
>Simon shuts the backlight of his phone off and tries to see where the noise is coming from
>his eyes adjust, but it's damn near bitch black in the building and it's really hard to make out, but there's a spot that looks out of place in the corner above him
>looks like it's slowly moving, but Simon can't tell if it's just his eyes or the light conditions
>Simon turns his phone's light back on and points it away from him, not looking away from the spot
>the spot definitely moves. Simon said it looked like it was pretty big but not massive.
>he said every time he remembers it, he thinks of a couch-sized facehugger from Alien, but a lot slower
>Simon eventually finds a really old fire axe next to a machine, walking slow as fuck and trying to balance speed with the amount of noise he was making
>the axe would probably fall apart if he had to use it too much, but it would probably be good enough to knock a big enough hold in the plywood for him to get out
>he moves back to the side entrance, that metallic tapping sporadically sounding like it was either right behind him or kinda far away
>his phone's about to die
>he starts smashing the axe into the plywood
>hears a noise he says he has no idea how to describe deeper in the building, like some cross between a car horn and a shout
>naturally, this motivates him to get the fuck out of there as quickly as he can
>eventually breaks the wood enough to work his way through
>it's late as fuck, the clock on his phone which has been telling him it was still 2 pm seems to be full of shit, considering the stars were out and streetlights on
>his friends' car is gone
>his phonecalls won't go through
>he walks a few blocks until he gets to a gas station and uses the clerk's phone to get ahold of his buddy
>apparently they'd looked for him for 4 hours, blew his phone up (straight to voicemail) and they started to get really freaked out so they left
>Simon calls his folks and they pick him up.

4/4.5
>>
>Simon has to get a new phone
>His friends believe him, his parents think he's on drugs
>A few days later they all decide to go back to the factory and check it out again, but stick together this time
>They make the hour drive out there
>go round to the side door
>plywood is back up again
>they pry it open again, look around, totally uneventful.
>they look through that old office Simon was in, nothing.
>one his buddy's phones rings
>he answers it
>literally 4 seconds of audio, his phone restarts, some weird visual glitch occurs, and it just shuts off and won't start back up.
>they nope the fuck out of there, never return.

I got some more, but gonna take a break before I share another one, I've been looking for something related to this sort of thing I think I have somewhere.
>>
My dad's experience when he was a security guard at a large factory

>Be dad
>A newbie at this large factory (an aircon factory, to be exact)
>Hear stories circulating about ghosts on the assembling station
>shrugs it off
>His duty is at nighttime (cause ghost stories usually happens at night, he said)
>Workmates keep on radioing each other, he said maybe to loosen up the tension on everyone since all is afraid
>except dad cause he doesn't know (yet)
>Dad walks into a specific location
>He felt something and get goosebumps all over his body
>Walks forward
>feeling and goosebumps gone
>walks back
>goosebumps back again
>Dad radios head security
>say "just let it pass, and dont tell the others about this"

1/?
>>
Last evening:
>meditation
>feel Goosebumps
>feel presence in kitchen
>oh dang!
>focus really hard on task
>time goes by and bed time
>nearly sleep
>something sits next to me in bed
>got used to this cus meditation
>it grabs my left hand
>stars drawing on my palm
>wake up
>huge ass black figure with horns
>drawing a pentagram on my palm
>REEEEEEEE!!!!!
>GTFO!!
>fully awake now
>thing vanish
>nothing on my palm
>still feels warm... After not so sleepy night

As promised to OP my short story. I kinda got used to this... Maybe I should build a barriers or shit.. I dunno.
>>
>>19378797
Continue if you wish anon
>>
I can't fuckin find it, but there's this weird wood carving I got from a girl I met at a festival in southern Ohio. Her name was Molly or Mary or something like that.

>be Molly
>be having sleepover when she's like 8
>some cute boy who's over is watching cartoons while she plays with her dolls
>her older brother wants to use the TV or something so he dares the boy to go into the woods behind their house
>she goes with him cuz she doesn't want him to be scared
>they run into the woods for a while, they've got flashlights and shit and they're talking so they're not really spooked
>hear someone behind them
>molly has the boy turn his flashlight off and they hide
>being kids they're spooked, but they're not really afraid of dying or anything
>they hear footsteps move directly in front of them, but they don't see anything
>the boy turns his flashlight on
>there's nothing there
>the footsteps are clear as day, the grass even appears to move, but they don't see anyone
>they decide to go back, it's been a minute anyway
>while going back, they hear running behind them
>they start to run
>Molly trips, the boy runs to the side
>the footsteps go right around her, she told me it was like someone was running but stepped over her head or something
>she starts crying really loudly
>the boy shows up again
>he walks her back to the house
>her brother was watching wrestling or something
>she's really upset
>he starts talking to her about it
>asks her what's in her hand
>she realizes that at some point she'd picked up a little wooden doll with a pointed nose, like a little stickman with a big birdlike jew nose
>fast forward like 15 years
>meet OP at a hippie bluegrass show
>ramble this story to him over the course of two hours while very clearly on LSD or shrooms or something
>hand him this doll
>disappear and can't be found again

I fucking swear I had this thing, but I can't find it. Found a box of spiderwebs and other junk but can't find that.
>>
>>19378589
>be in Navy
>right before I get assigned to my shit someone died on board while on deployment
>they crawled into the bilge and had hot water dumped on them that cooked off their skin
>this happened in the engine room that I worked in
>when the ship is in port there is a watch called Cold Iron Watch
>basically you alone in a shutdown plant walking around and making sure there isn't a fire and taking readings on stuff like shore water (water pumped from the shore for the ship to use instead of making it ourselves)
>on your duty day, you usually stand a six and six. Six hours on watch, six off. So you stand two watches in a 24 hour day. There's four watch teams so you only have to do this once every four days
>if you're on watch late at night spooky shit starts to happen in the plant
>you'll hear tools clatter to the floor, lockers slam shut, weird banging noises on equipment
>one day they shut off all the lights in the plant because contractors were coming into to do work on all the equipment
>it's dark as fuck, so they hung up these christmas looking lights everywhere to give some illumination, but still gloomy and spooky
>have to stand six hours of watch in the middle of the night by myself while everyone else is off doing whatever
>see shit moving out of the corner of my eye, hear footsteps on the metal ladderwells, papers getting knocked off the desk

Shit sucked.
>>
>>19378868

>christmas lights

oh yeah that will make it not fucking spooky lmao.

that sounds like it could legit be some actual /x/ shit, but my rational brain wants to believe it's not.

>be a teen
>friend's room is in the basement, not a well finished basement either, middle of it has a giant furnace that heats the two story house
>on one side he's got an entertainment center set up with like a television and vidya, a couple couches, a few beds behind the couches, and on the other side of the furnace there's a bed or two and a PC set up with a desk and shit.
>anyone sitting on the couches facing the television and by extension the furnace could sometimes see a black figure moving through the basement, like a very obviously humanoid silhouette that looked like an animated black-painted cardboard cutout just moving, and sometimes the sink down there would randomly start leaking or there'd be weird banging noises and shit like stuff was falling or whatever
>EVERY single person who spent enough time there seen/heard this stuff
>we were all crazy enough to regularly sleep down there and hang out and stuff
>eventually he moves out, never see anything like that again while with him

I learned that it's apparently some kind of sound that fucks with your head, usually coming from vents and stuff like that. Infrasound I think? I can't remember really. Still spooky as shit tho.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (59KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
59KB, 1600x1600px
>>19378889
They were lights on strings, like Christmas lights. They weren't colorful and cheerful.
>>
File: mmr.jpg (767KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mmr.jpg
767KB, 2100x1500px
>>19378899
Also the knocking sounds could have been explained easily because we were working in a steam plant, but it's the lockers opening and closing and tools getting knocked off of shit that was odd. It made it even worse because when we were in port we had to do a whole bunch of work. One of the things required was hanging up these red tags to isolate systems. Basically if we wanted to work on something we'd close valves leading into it and hang a red tag on it so no one would open it. Well there's tons of them hanging in the plant while we're in port because we have a great opportunity to work on tons of shit.

Well there's also big metal ventilation tubes that bring air into and make the tags all flutter. Really fucks with you.

Here's the best picture I can find of what it kind of looked like in the plant. It looks exactly like this minus a few things, but it is a massive plant. So tons of dark corners and tight areas and seeing shit moving from behind something or in between equipment.
>>
File: 1433624406667.png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1433624406667.png
2MB, 768x1024px
>>19378838

Sounds like sleep paralysis. I have some experience with the occult, and if you're getting that regularly I'd recommend doing a banishing ritual before you meditate or sleep.

Just to be safe. You never know. I don't even really believe in ghosts or demons, but it will at least give you peace of mind and that goes a long with that.

I stayed with a buddy in Utah for a couple weeks in like 2008 or something like that.

>southwest Utah, all pretty and mountainous and desert and shit
>go out for this party with a bunch of college kids
>we're all drinking in a gypsum quarry in the middle of the fucking desert, big fuckin bonfire going, tons of people there
>this one dude starts telling me about this time he climbed up on a notable hangout spot in town, like a really big rock/"hill" type thing that overlooks the town proper in like the middle of the night because I guess he was a retard or something
>he gets up there, looks over the town, really enamored by the lights and stuff
>hears his mother's voice behind him
>turns to look
>sees a figure standing maybe a hundred feet away
>appears to be approaching him without actually moving
>for some reason this compels him to try to run the fuck away
>unfortunately, he happens to be on a massive cliff-rock thing and doesn't see a huge crack in it with like a 20ft drop
>this compels his leg to break in several places
>he's upset about this, tries to crawl away but is in a great deal of pain
>he can hear his mother's voice calling to him from above
>luckily he's not just in a hole in the ground and there's an opening to crawl out of
>teens who were making out or something heard him screaming bloody murder and call the police, who airlift him to a hospital

apparently people just sorta died there all the time. there was a spot where the guard rail was missing around the road and every so often you'd hear about a car tumbling right over the edge and it's kinda hard to survive a fall like that.
>>
>>19378916

okay yeah absolutely fuck working in a place like that at night.

I've done factory work and such, and night shift is okay because nobody actually works on night shift so we'd do dumb shit like climb racks of parts 60ft up and touch the ceiling, but I've been in isolated parts of the building sometimes and nope'd right the fuck out of there.

Like maybe ghosties real, maybe I'm about to get mauled by a rabid opossum. Fuck taking either of those chances.
>>
>>19378923
Yeah. I know. I should have started with banishing before I started stuff. It was not a sleep paralysis. I'm completely fine with SP nowadays. I was half asleep when this horned hairy black figure appeared and it stepped over the boundaries so to speak. But thanks for the reminder.

I'm one of those "oh a spoopy demon! Wanna beer or smthn?" Guys.
>>
File: 2spooky4me.jpg (120KB, 1116x1268px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4me.jpg
120KB, 1116x1268px
>>
File: Help me i'm hurt.png (171KB, 938x790px) Image search: [Google]
Help me i'm hurt.png
171KB, 938x790px
>>19380197
>>
File: Maine taxi 1.jpg (3MB, 4337x5783px) Image search: [Google]
Maine taxi 1.jpg
3MB, 4337x5783px
>>19380207
>>
File: Maine taxi 2.jpg (1MB, 1980x3004px) Image search: [Google]
Maine taxi 2.jpg
1MB, 1980x3004px
>>19380221
>>
File: Spooks of South Carolina.png (259KB, 1384x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Spooks of South Carolina.png
259KB, 1384x1144px
>>19380229
>>
File: SpookyExperience.jpg (68KB, 648x737px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyExperience.jpg
68KB, 648x737px
>>19380236
>>
File: TheClay.jpg (660KB, 1316x2424px) Image search: [Google]
TheClay.jpg
660KB, 1316x2424px
>>19380242
>>
File: Trucks and spooks..jpg (689KB, 1556x1807px) Image search: [Google]
Trucks and spooks..jpg
689KB, 1556x1807px
>>19380247
>>
>>
this is a story my grandpa told me
>be 18
>1943
>be in ww2
>had a best friend who got shot
>every night when i slept i had nightmares about him
>one night i dreamt of him warning me about an ambush
>next day
>refuse to do mission
>stay in base all day
>later that night i learned that everyone who went to the mission except for 1 person died from a japanese ambush
>>
>>19380247
genuine 10/10, surprised i haven't seen it before.
>>
I recall a couple of years ago on /x/ finding a thread in which OP finds a type of rift...? in his bedroom. It was kind of like a crack in the physical appearance, but not an actual crack in the wall or anything like that. I remember he uploaded some videos and I believe that it continued onto more threads. In one video he runs a wooden rod across the area where the rift was and discovered that it was in the shape of a person. I was really intrigued but I never got the chance to finish reading it.

Does anyone remember this? If so, is it archived/screencapped anywhere?
>>
I posted this in another thread but it was 4AM and I was half asleep so it was a shitty job of story telling. Don't know if anybody will be interested but it's all I have to contribute.

I used to work at a World Market store. If you don't know, they sell shitty cheaply made "cultural" products for way more than they're worth. Also imported food and cheap Ikea tier furniture. I started as a stock worker but my schedule didn't work out so I switched to day shifts. I also wanna preface this story by saying that it's nothing that'll leave you scared, it's only scary if you're experiencing it. I just wanna share cause it's the main reason I still believe in ghosts and shit.

>Working one of my first day shifts
>Making conversation with one of the daywalkers
>They're all normies so they carry the conversation
>Tell me the store is haunted
>"Oh yeah?"
>Don't believe her cause everybody thinks everything is haunted
>Tells me generic ghost shit
>Write it off as nothing but humor her anyways since I have to get along with these daywalkers now

>At some point later I'm doing a closing shift
>Supervisor is telling me all kinds of weird shit
>He's some kinda spiritualist, pagan or something, don't remember
>He's extremely friendly and talkative, we end up talking about paranormal stuff, like movies and myths
>He tells me about one time he was in the stock room getting a piece of furniture or something
>Gets really cold
>Suddenly the lights in the stockroom shut off
>He's pretty ballsy so instead of noping he says "If there's anybody here, make your presence known."
>The huge and heavy double doors to the stockroom burst open, nobody there
>That's enough for him, he nopes back to the office
>>
>>19381388
>Another shift during mid-day this time
>Not even five minutes after I get there one of the daywalkers asks if I heard what happened this morning
>How the fuck would I, I just got here
>They say I should talk to Jacob
>Jacob is also spiritual, extremely enthusiastic about it, but not to the point of annoyance
>Already know to take everything he says with a grain of salt
>He tells me he was cleaning the bathroom this morning before opening
>Suddenly a ton of maggots start crawling up from the drain on the floor
>They go in different directions trying to climb the walls
>Don't believe any of it, he says to talk to the manager
>May as well, she never lies about anything
>Ask her about it
>She says she doesn't know about them climbing the walls, but she confirms that maggots weren't there when she came in that morning, and were there when Jacob was cleaning
>Kind of spooked now

>Yet another shift, we're closing up
>Store is already closed, just cleaning up, coworker Raquel is on break
>Hear her scream from the breakroom
>I run back to see if she's okay
>She's outside the breakroom visibly shaken up
>Ask what happened
>She was just sitting in the room chillin, enjoying her break
>Lights go off, door closes
>The breakroom door NEVER closes, you have to actually try real hard to close it, normally it's just pulled to
>She thinks it was me cause I'm a douchebag and would totally do something like this
>She's panicking the whole time, opens the door, I'm nowhere to be found
>Supervisor is still in the back counting the money in the safe which is practically soundproof
>Actually believe the store is haunted now
>>
File: .jpg (127KB, 699x771px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
127KB, 699x771px
>>19381132
>refuse to do mission
>end up in martial court
>>
>>19381391
>Nother shift
>Working with spiritual supervisor again
>Excitedly asks me if anybody told me about what happened last night
>Nope
>Tells me that he closed the store last night, everything was fine, Manager opened up this morning and found a broken bottle of beer just laying in the middle of the aisle, beer everywhere
>She's pissed that he didn't clean it up before he left
>He comes in for closing shift, she gets on him about it
>He's completely lost, tells her it wasn't him
>They check the cameras
>See supervisor and crew leaving at around 10
>Nothing
>Fast forward
>Around 1AM, one bottle just goes flying straight off the shelf
>Recording is shit quality but I notice that it looks like it's already in 2 pieces as it's falling
>He didn't realize that before, even more freaked out now than he was before

Last story
>Closing shift again, store's already closed, cleaning up
>Supervisor gets a call from shopping center security
>Say they saw someone enter the store from the back door a few minutes ago
>Hell no this is my store
>She and I walk over to the stockroom at the back of the store and look through the entire thing
>Nobody there, nowhere they could be hiding
>The backdoor's alarm is still active, never went off
>It's also locked with some heavy duty lock
>Realize there's no way they could open the door even if it wasn't, there's no handle on the outside
>Security comes by to check up, make sure everything is okay
>Insist they saw somebody come in through the back, they were wearing red so security guy just assumed it was an employee
>None of us have been outside, only the supervisor has the key to the backdoor and I was with her
>We're pretty shook up and leave immediately

That's it, pretty soon after the store closed cause the lease was up and corporate decided we weren't profitable enough to keep going. After they told us that, there were no more incidents. Now there's some shoe store there.
>>
>>19380468
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.