[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

freakiest sleep paralysis episode? i heard a man laughing during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 5448206_orig.jpg (14KB, 575x339px) Image search: [Google]
5448206_orig.jpg
14KB, 575x339px
freakiest sleep paralysis episode? i heard a man laughing during one then i had another one the next day.. felt my stomach being cut open.. got a feeling the laughing man had something to do with that
>>
>sleeping in my bed with gf
>restless, somehow get to sleep
>heavy, disorienting dreams of me going through my house, except my entire body from my nose down is clipped through the ground.
>travel down to my room to try to see myself sleeping in my bed
>everything goes black and I see this floating face, like a baby's except fully adult.
>in my mind, I have this innate knowledge that this is the devil
>not scared at all, feel excitement
>this face and I stare at each other for ten seconds or so
>wake up
>>
>>19377389
I had one where my house's security alarm went off, like when you open a door and don't enter the code in time. I couldn't move or do anything, just wait in terror for whoever it was to come into my room
>>
Wait till you sleep paralysis in a moving car. I thought I was going to be stuck like that and never come out.
>>
This only happened to me 1 time but terrifying as fuck.

>have sleep paralysis looking up at the ceiling but can't move
> feel something moving up my leg and snap out of it
> jump up and kick the covers off of me
> get thrown to the floor and then held up against the wall
> trying to scream out to my wife in bed but it's holding my throat
> struggle to get free but can't move
> wife wakes up and starts laughing at me
>she can't see that theirs something holding me
> keep trying to say something but can't
>get an arm free and start reaching for the gun on the nightstand
> wife starts screaming at me wake up wake up.
>she runs and flips lights on
> I snap out of it and I can move
> am just leaning against the wall breathing heavily
>terrified
>can't even talk
> start making noises
> ahhh uhhh ahhhh
> wake up in the corner between the bed and wall
> wife still asleep room is dark
Go back to bed freaked the fuck out
>>
>>19377389
I get this shit about once every few months. I used to really hate it and panic when it happened, but now I just try to go back to sleep.
>>
Wouldn't consider this sleep paralysis, but not really a dream either.

You ever get just relaxed enough that you hear an artificial voice or noise, but you're not in deep enough sleep for it to carry you into a dream so you wake up in response?

Once I was nodding off, the night was really still, then out of nowhere, a woman's voice goes

>"Now, watch this!"

So I open my eyes and realize, shit, that was just a dream voice, but it's morning now, ten hours later.
>>
>>19377851
>live on property with my sisters family
>their hous is about a half mile from mine
>apt is above a barn/garage.
>one morning wake up to brother in law calling my name from outside
>says my name once and I kind of wake up
>says it again louder and I sit up and reply. Yeah?
> hear nothing back so put my pants on and go down stairs
> walk all around barn his truck isn't there and Neither is he.
>call my sister hey sis was anon just up here
> no he's sitting here eating breakfast why
>that's when I realized it was a dream
Voice.
>>
remember anons, turn the light on
>>
>>19377389
>enter paralysis
>sound of white noise static suddenly gets louder and louder
>suddenly two arms grab me and start scraping my back with long nails
>hear woman laughter
>shake myself awake
>>
>>19377389
I don't have hallucinations, but I can't feel myself breathing and it feels like I'm free falling. I once convinced myself to try and not wake myself up, and it went from falling to feeling like powerful wind was throwing me in various directions, almost like a roller coaster.
>>
I've only ever had 2 pretty tame ones ngl.

>napping in bed around early afternoon
>sleeping on my side, facing the wall
>suddenly feel myself wake up and slowly open my eyes
>hear my sister's laughing coming from behind me
>already know it's not real bc the laugh was going on for fucking ever and sounded maniacal
>close eyes and lay there for a while; kind of curious what would happen if I opened them again
>halfway open them again bc they're really heavy; the room is still filled with light from open window and I see nothing weird
>laughing becomes twice as loud now and seems closer
>think "yeah I'm done with this experience"
>start wiggling toes and fingers to wake myself up
>laughing stops abruptly and I pull my covers off, jump out of bed and leave room to go do other shit

This shit is fascinating as fuck to me, but I can't seem to have much of them. Very disappointed.
>>
>>19377851
Sometimes when I'm really sleepy, I hear voices. It's either just complete jiberish I can't understand, or my dad shouting my name. Once it was music, couldn't tell what genre or instruments, and again couldn't tell what the vocalist was saying.
>>
>have pneumonia
>feel awful and can't sleep after hours of laying down
>eventually fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion
>wake up (or at least I think I was awake)
>5 sillouettes standing at the bottom of my bed looking at me
>stare in disbelief back at them for what feels like hours but I'm sure is only minutes
>hear a voice muttering inaudiable words, but I understand the voice wants me to sleep so
>close my eyes
>open then again
>daylight is shining in my window
>don't feel sick anymore and all symptoms subside in the next 2 days
I guess some mysteries can never be solved.
>>
>>19377389
>A few weeks ago, my family and I are having a cookout. Bonfire at night. Cool out, quiet.
>We somehow get on the subject of supernatural things that we experienced
>I ask my father in-law if he's ever seen anything paranormal. It's mostly a joke because he's a very serious individual and thinks all this kind of stuff is foolish.
>He says that when he was younger, he used to sometimes see a dark silhouette of a thin man with a wide brimmed hat
>He said that he would be so scared that he couldn't move. The scariest to me, was he said that one time he was at home alone, and he just saw the edge of it standing around a corner in broad daylight. He said that they just stood there and started at each other, and then it silently stepped out of view.
>I explain that what he saw is actually a common thing that a lot of people have seen, and have shared stories about.
>I find some creepypastas and stories about it for him. He eventually gets this pale color in his face and says that he can't read anymore.

I've seen "shadow people" before, but this thing seems completely different. Seems to pull more from the human psyche than the simple matrixing of human forms in the dark.
>>
>>19378013
Yeah, shit like that. Usually, it's just greetings or interjections to get my attention, and I'm not actually asleep so it gets my attention enough to jolt me awake.

But that time, it stole several hours of my life.
>>
This happened about a year ago.

>trying to sleep in bed after an all-nighter
>suddenly that sound you hear after a flashbang in a video game starts to fade in
>it's getting extremely loud
>at the same time my head feels like it's getting a lot of blood rushing to it
>i can clearly hear it pulse
>then my head starts hurting like it does during a migraine
>wake up
>head still hurts slightly

Was a crazy night.
>>
used to happen to me, now it doesn't
once I heard a cackle I tried pretending I didn't hear it, I stayed up two hours and eventually fell asleep.
>>
>>19377389
Whenever I get sleep paralysis, I always get the sense that something is trying to invade my body. Like a dark spirit or something, and I'm activity mentally fighting it off, and as long as I'm willing to fight it off it cannot enter me. At the same time, it or something else is trying to convince me to let it in, but my instincts are going, "No! Fuck off!"
>>
1/2
Been happening to me for 5 or 6 years now, around 2 or 3 times a year. I believe it's caused by entities feeding off your negative energy, not all are the same but seem to have a similar way of doing it.
For me it always begins with a weird dreamlike experience during hypnagogia (the moment before you fall asleep), you're not fully asleep, you're "in between phases", it's like they have that small window of time to latch onto your soul or aura and induce a dream that will get you in the negative state they need to feed out of you, at first seems like a regular dream, but turns into a nightmare quickly. i started noticing that pattern everytime it happened, after that each time i was half asleep and my dream was getting darker or weird i just tried to wake up, it worked some times but not this particular time:

>be me 31, job and gf
>come home really tired from work, its like 1am
>eat something and go to bed, fall sleep pretty fast
>fun dream about my family and my old house, suddenly i turn violent on my dad¿?
>ITSHAPPENING.jpg
>try to focus and get some breaths in to wake up, but fail, my body is too relaxed already, but im semiconscious
>start to navigate the dream, not responding violently to situations that pop out of nowhere
>im in my car now, and arguing with gf, she says she is leaving me, suddenly a riot erupts in the middle of the road, people throwing shit at us, get really anxious and afraid, like im forgetting im in a dream
>i remember the emotions vividly, these FUCKERS want you as sad, angry and confused as fucking possible, they really feed off of our negative energy
>sleep paralysis kicks in
>goosebumps all over my body, cant move, dizzy af, really intense buzzing and ringing in my head
>>
2/2
>something like a screeching sound in my ears
>room goes cold, (was the middle of the summer)
>i feel like something latches to the back of my neck, like a sting and then numbness, cant really explain it, like having a vacuum cleaner latched to your brain
>feel the life being literally drained out of me
>me redpilled af try to stay calm
>fearisanillusion.wav
>wont stop, feeling exhausted at this point
>my gf is sleeping next to me
>try to move, nothing, concentrate, can move a feet, start to shake it wildly
>KILLBILL.mov
>she wont wake up
>feeling drained, that fucker is a predator and im the fucking prey being eaten alive
>my body catches up with my mind, im starting to sweat, but still paralized
>remember redpilled af? i start thinking
>the conduit from which IT is "draining" ME should work both ways....
>so i concentrate as much as i can and think "DRAIN", like if i was commanding my spirit or conscience to attack
>suddenly feel a warmth in my chest, like hot air getting inside your lungs, and see flashes of red and orange in my mind's eye
>feelsgoodman.jpeg
>thing drains me even harder, feel exhausted again, lost my breath
>focus again, use anger this time
>DRAIN THE FUCKER
>again saw a red flash in my mind's eye
>wake up, stopped sweating right away and stand up
>room is cold af
>wake gf up
>tell her everything that happened, she believes me, told me how cold the room was when i woke her up
>cant sleep play overwatch till dawn all night and make breakfast in the morning... not even a yawn
>tfw you recharged yourself off an incubus

fisrt time greenpost, long time lurker
>>
There was a night i was having repeated nightmares and paralysis over and over again. I saw what looked like my 2 little brothers (6 and 7 years old) in my room in front of my door. I thought they just got up early, and my lights were still off. They were still and silent but one of them was raising their arms. THEN as im looking st them, my eyes focus on something a lot closer to me then them, and it was this like demonic kid staring at me at the edge of my bed and i snapped awake. RIGHT after that, i tried fslling back asleep. Then, i heard the crisp clear sound of my door opening, it was crazy realistic. I heard footsteps toward my bed. I was frozen. Then i felt the weight of what felt like a grown man crawl over me in the bed and curl up behind me. In my head, i was thinking this is a spirit thats communicating with me like this. I try to say who are you and ofc i cant mouth it out, it makes loud grumbles as if its trying to talk and i keep asking who are you and after abt 30 seconds of this and its grumbles almost getting clearer, it says "me" in this dark deep grunting voice. I woke up terrified, and i think i went to the fridge.
>>
>>19378196
I believe you anon. This world is a crazy place. I have seen it first hand.
>>
File: 1499201773395.jpg (58KB, 626x602px) Image search: [Google]
1499201773395.jpg
58KB, 626x602px
>>19377419
>like a baby's
>fully adult
Can u describe it more better pls
>>19377784
Wow, I have had it twice and for one of them
>falling asleep
>paralyzed
>Think "Finally, this is what I want, lucid dream coming up"
>indescribable fear
>Feeling of a presence in room
>decide to nope da fuck out of it before I hallucinated some scary shit which I new was about to happen
>slowly inch my paralyzed self off my bed with all my will
>Intended for the fall to snap me out of it
>Faceplant.jpg
>Wake up, in bed paralyzed
>Mfw
>feeling of a malevolent presence about to fuck me up reaches climax
>Snap myself out of it
>Thank Kek for keeping me safe
> roll over
>Go right back into the paralysis
>Mfw
>Still paralyzed to this day
>>
>>19377389
Hey I've seen the shadow in that pic multiple times before. I call him the hat man.
>>
>>19377389
My only one was where I saw a demonic figure standing in the light of my lamp. Red skin, wide grin. The dude had "hell" written all over him.
He winked at me, and I "went back" to sleep.
>>
Idk why everyone else sees shit when they have sleep paralysis. I never see anything. Just laying there for a minute or 2 maybe and I awaken.
>>
That's because you're dead anon.
>>
>>19379125
This is also me. The most I've ever heard was background noise from my neighborhood but aside from that, nothing out of the ordinary.
>>
>>19377970
Why? Is this a thing?
>>
>be me
>be, like, 10 or 11
>can see sunlight outside window
>can't move, weird
>like really can't move
>fuck
>get nervous, try to call for help
>no sound
>can't even fkn blink
>try to yell, no sound
>just a wheezing as my lungs sort of automatically refill from expelling air
>terrified now, try to scream, still nothing
>suddenly I'm floating above my bed, disembodied, looking at my still body
>only a split second, then I'm ripped through the roof and am surrounded by first blue then darker and darker skies until it turns black
>all this in a second
>wake up in darkness in bed, sweating, panting, cry for mommy

Only been more scared once in my life
>>
>>19379204
what was the more scarier time?
>>
>lying on ny back on bottom bunk of a bunkbed
>toward the outside edge so I can kinda see past the top bunk to the ceiling
>can't move
>can't make a sound
>become aware that something is on the top bunk
>start to hear a low grumbling sound
>whatever it is starts moving
>its face starts peeking over the edge of the top bunk, looking down at me
>dark brutish face, full of folds and a large brow
>usually describe it as an ogre or troll
>it's staring right at me
>try to scream, fail
>the grumbling gets louder
>becomes a deafening bass
>so fucking loud
>desperate, sobbing in my own mind
>the bed is shaking
>wake up
>lying on my side in my bed
>i don't have a bunk bed
>bunched up blanket in front of me looks just like the ogre's face
>shit
>>
File: h-hewwo.jpg (9KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
h-hewwo.jpg
9KB, 350x196px
>>19377851
I had that when I was around 7. I would hear whispering right outside my door almost every night. It didn't really creep me out that much for whatever reason.
>>
I used to get the "night hag" often. She'd come up to the side of my bed and hiss at me. The last time she turned up I hissed back at her and I've not seen her since.

I also had a large black robed creature put his hand on my thigh and chant something. His touch was hot, and I could still feel the imprint of it long after I'd shaken out of the paralysis.

Most recently I had a shadow being in a top hat standing in the corner staring at me. I was trying to call out for help but nothing would come out, so eventually i just figured fuck it and went back to sleep.
>>
>>19377389
>sleeping on the floor in a finished basement
>my feet are pointing towards these glass doors
>can only see darkness on the otherside
>moonlight keeping my side bright enough
>the darkness creeps though the glass
>i can feel its intent to hurt me
>to consume me
>nopejpeg.jpg
>focus on moving my pinky to wake up as ive been there in sleep paralysis before
>the creeping shadows coming in from all angles
>along the ceiling, walls, floors
It got halfway across the room before i woke myself up.

Has anyone had any luck inducing sleep paralysis? Im looking to go back and confront the darkness.
>>
>>19379485
First time I had it was because I tried the old "look at your hands in your dream" trick. Sure enough, something was wrong with my hands. Stigmata. It was just literal paralysis, though, there was no dark presence.
>>
File: 1493941348609.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493941348609.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>wake up to a weird cracking sound. Similar to when you crack your knuckles
>it's coming from behind me
>can't turn my head, it feels like its nailed on my pillow
>the noise gets louder
>feel really fucking spooked
>suddenly wake up later in the night
>get up check my tiny home
>look outside the window
>a weird naked old hag is there, squirming in the ground
>wake up again
>neck hurts like shit
My guess is that I had a sleep paralysis going on, then fell asleep, saw a very vivid dream that really mindfucked me afterwards.
I was taking quetiapine at the time and it often caused some incredibly vivid nightmares, but nothing that vivid.
It happened a few years ago and I get goosebumps when I even think about it.
>>
>>19377389
>Sleep
>Wake up can't move
>Doggo is barking
>Feel an invisible force choking me
>Can finally move
>Start punching shit
>Realize nothing is there
>I was fighting the air
>Feel like a fucking retard
>Pet dog and say "Good job"
>Dog says "thank you anon"
>Wtf
>Wake up
>Can't move
>Feel invisible force choking me out
>Dog is barking
>Swear I just went through this
>Can finally move
>Start punching invisible force
>Nothing is there
>Pet dog
>Hestitnly say "Thank you dog"
>Dog says nothing and curls up next to me
>Fuck yeah I'm actually awake this time
>Go get dog her treats and watch Adult Swim instead of going back to sleep

That shit was weird guys.
>>
File: IMG_0394.jpg (891KB, 2320x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0394.jpg
891KB, 2320x2320px
Weird weird I had a short one just now

>can't move except for neck and one eye. The other eye is like half closed, and my mouth feels locked
>it's sort of like the feeling of tightness you get when a dentist injects local anesthesia
>turn my head to my right and get scared because I think I see old man death and his dog
>it's actually just my open closet and my black sweater laying on my desk chair (pic related)
>huh, guess it was nothing
>turn my head even more to the right
>unsettling music starts playing (after waking up I realize it's the theme to one of Hitchcock's films)
>scared
>pic related is what is actually from my pillow. The room at the far end is my bathroom
>start turning head more until I see my bathroom
>I don't have it saved but that image that always shows up on 'spooky image threads' where it's like a bipedal demon with a dog skull looking into like a hospital room. Well I see THAT sitting in my bathtub
>but the weird thing is that it's static and it looks like a 2-D cutout of that thing sitting in my three dimensional shower/bath.
>oh I'm scared, but now I realize that I'm in sleep paralysis
>turn head to left away from the thing
>Hitchcock music stops
>start hearing weird static from my phone, that sounds like a song of mine is going haywire
>get even more scared and turn head to my right again (where my phone also is at the time)
>Hitchcock theme fades back in
>2d Hospital Demon is STILL THERE
> it has a deep voice and says something in a language I can't understand
>so scared, but half-understand that I'm dreaming
>try to force my body to move, or for myself to awake
>it's like drowning, but then you rush to the surface of the water and breathe air again. That's what it felt like to wake up and be able to move
>>
>>19379195
not for me at least, ive had them with and without lights on..

>>19378681
>slowly inch my paralyzed self off my bed with all my will
>Intended for the fall to snap me out of it
>Faceplant.jpg

they have a way of manipulating your dreams, so they seem like reality some times, ive had this exact same thing happen to me, fuckers need you in confusion/despair so it becomes fear and they feed off of it.
>>
>be me
>12
>about to fall asleep
>start feeling weird
>like numb and in pain at the same time
>try to get up
>can't move
>try to call out to my mom
>cant talk
>whatthefuck.jpg
>see person out of the corner of my eye
>cant see any features
>panicking now
>starting to cry
>thing starts moving towards me
>making muffled growling noises
>start to accept my death
>suddenly kick my leg
>jolt up
>oh fuck im alive
>wake up next morning and tell my dad what happened
>tells me what sleep paralysis is
>be afraid of going to sleep for the next week or so

That was about 7 years ago and it still freaks me out to this day.
>>
>>19379669
who are "they"
>>
> first part I can remember was me laying on my stomach trying to sleep
> I can feel that there is something watching me
> Try to move my head to look but can't move
> I feel something get closer to me
> I try to push up off the bed with my arms, but I have no control of them
> The entity is hovering behind me
> An immense amount of pressure looms over my whole body. Fear like I've never felt before locks me down
> The entity strikes my backside. Stabbing repeatedly into my flesh. I felt every bit of agony and pain. I could feel my blood roll around my sides.
> I finally pushed up off the bed and spun my head back despite the fear telling me not to only to find nothing.
>>
When I was 16-17 I suffered from hypnopompic hallucinations quite a lot, but this time was the scariest.
>sleep in the same room with my sister
>see something behind her shoulder
>it's a woman, long black hair and pale face, usual ghost movie trope I was used to
>try to close my eyes
>obviously I can't
>her face is scary as fuck
>her eyes are wide open, crazy/homicidal stare
>she's slowly leaning forward
>panic, I can't move, I can't do anything and that face is the scariest thing I've ever seen to this day
>she comes closer and closer
>in desperation I remember a thing I read on the internet, about how rubbing your tongue against your palate during sleep paralysis helps you wake up
>I do it, I also bite my tongue to be 100% sure I would wake up
>I succeed
I will remember it forever though.
>>
File: d218810.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d218810.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>19377389
I was in bed, just about to drop off then I feel two bangs from underneath the bed where my feet were.. I jumped up, A) out of shock. And B) I thought it might have been my daughter messing around. There was nothing there.. So I looked under the bed.. Nothing there.. Laid back down completely confused and a little apprehensive.
>>
>open eyes
>blinding bright yellow light coming from window
>suddenly feel/see massive earthquake with stock sound from movies
>think to myself "dude im glad i took that lsd" (never did psychs irl)
>wake up
>feel very positive and happy
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>>19377389
>be 16/17 year old
>stay up late every night during summer
>one night take a lot of melatonin to get to sleep
>""""wake up""""" in the middle of my room, hunched over and feeling sick to my stomach
>I was either naked or just in underwear (what I slept in)
>Look around room
>It's really dark but theres a nightlight in the hall that's casting faint blue/purple light everywhere, making it seem like everywhere is just black and blue
>Look towards my door
>It's open
>See big figure come out of my dad's room
>It's hunched over but still so tall that it barely is able to fit under the top of my door frame
>It's big and kinda chunky but muscled
>it had an 'Alex Jones' type physique but very very tall.
>It is shadowy and I cannot make out details
>comes over to me and grabs my neck
>I feel even sicker, look up at it's face
>It opens its eyes. They're blue like the nightlight
>It opens its' mouth and the teeth are the same blue as it smiles and gleams out with those teeth
>go back to normal sleep

was freaky
>>
>>19377389
thats called your ego
>>
>>19377389
>wake up
>cant move
>realize its sleep paralysis
>"im supposed to see cool shit right?"
>look around
>nope
>kill bill myself into sitting up
>can move again
>look around
>get on floor
>everyone walk the dinosaur
>>
Happened to me once, although I wasn't particularly scared, more just thought "oh, so that's what that's like"

>laying in bed on side in dream
>wardrobe facing me about 1 foot away (room is small, wardrobe can't open all the way without hitting my bed
>wardrobe has mirrors on it
>staring at myself with my eyes wide open
>abnormally wide
>realize I can't move any part of my body at all
>begin attempting to scream
>start screaming in my head
>only other detail I can remember is thinking "don't scream too loudly, you'll wake up dad" which is extra creepy in hindsight
>all whilst staring at myself with the creepiest fucking stare i've ever seen
>wake up
>realize I just had sleep paralysis
>carry on with day
>or go back to sleep
>can't remember
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.