[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the meaning of life you fucks have all been looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Wallpaper1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Here's the meaning of life you fucks have all been looking for:

Life is empty and meaningless. And it's empty and meaningless that life is empty and meaningless.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>19376730
Can you please fuck off?

Asking for a friend.
>>
Good, you're thinking about shit. Now think a little bit more
>>
>>19376730
This is like entry level shit dude, keep digging.
>>
overcome nihilism you piece of fuck
>>
>>19376971
Nope, this is it. We made it.
>>
>>19376991
>this is what kids in high school believe
>>
did your mom buy your school supplies yet or is she waiting for the Back To School sales so she can stop by Kohl's and have you try on new pants for her?
>>
>>19376996
Is that what you're making it mean?
>>
>>19376997
kek
>no mom, they fit fine, i'm not turning around for you
>>
>>19376730
Only in the absolute sense. But relatively speaking things have meaning.
>>
File: Edgy.jpg (25KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.jpg
25KB, 1920x1080px
Anon pessimistic nihilism will get you nowhere. Optimistic nihilism, however, is the acceptance the universe, on its own, does not care or have inherent meaning, but we humans have the capability to care for one another and give the universe the bird, and we have the capacity to construct our own life's meaning.
>>
>>19376730
babbys first nihilism
>>
>>19377413
this fucking guy brain is T H I C C.
>>
Anon, I promise that no one is impressed by your profound revelation. I imagine that most anyone here short of christcucks is philosophically adept enough to recognize that higher meaning is either self-generated or not readily apparent.

Bonus thought;
What is the point of convincing people that nothing matters? Nothing matters, therefore nothing is achieved in doing so. What drives you to do something even as simple as posting this thread?
>>
>>19378266
he wants people to play runescape with him.
>>
>>19376730
Well, at least you seem to be consistent instead of parroting the bullshit line about "creating our own meaning" like this guy:

>>19377413
>Optimistic nihilism
"Optimistic nihilism" is an oxymoron, if not outright delusion.
>>
>>19376730

The beauty in a belief such as this is one can find their own personal meaning. It implies that there is no "external" meaning to life therefore there is no force outside of oneself guiding the way one lives. One is truly free to live by their own own truth. Experiencing life is much more satisfying this way.
>>
File: tumblr_m8xnv6PNy31qbgbbzo1_500.gif (997KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8xnv6PNy31qbgbbzo1_500.gif
997KB, 500x230px
Your first blackpill?
Lame, hah!
>>
>>19376730
Wrong.

The meaning of life is the sum of all meaning. Which is, like, way over 9000.
>>
>>19379160
So you encourage delusion.

Just keep in mind that you forfeit the right to criticize anyone for their belief system or actions. And I do mean *anyone*. ISIS and MS13 are just people living by their own truth.
>>
>>19379167
What are black pills?? I got enough beer to down a few more
>>
"meaning of life" is meaningless
ergo the assertation that life is meaningless is itself meaningless
>>
>>19376730
Does Barry Manelow know that you raid his wardrobe?
>>
>>19376730
I dunno man, I haven't beat off in talm bout 3 weeks and my dick feels pretty meaningful right now.
>>
>>19379194

It is not encouraging delusion. It is encouraging exploration of the self. Delusion synonyms are misunderstanding, misinterpretation... an error in understanding. Delusion therefore, in a way, is the opposite of truth. If one truly connects and knows the self they will not live in delusion.

I personally believe that acts committed by ISIS and MS13 are damaging not only to others but to the self. And often their actions are clouded by a delusion created by their environment that they have interpreted as their truth. However, this truth is false, because it does not come from the self.

However, we cannot have "good" without "evil". We cannot have light without darkness. We cannot have life without death. The distortion of polarity allows for the experiences of this life. Without something we have nothing. While I don't condone the actions of "criminals" (for lack of a better word), I recognize that without them I would not be able to experience goodness. I believe both are equally important in this realm of existence to experience free will.

I understand this is may not be others' beliefs and I respect those who disagree. You may live by your own truth.
>>
>>19376730
TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.
But such is not man's end and eternal destiny; such a vision is but the cry of despair uttered by some wandering soul who has become lost in spiritual darkness, and who bravely struggles on in the face of the mechanistic sophistries of a material philosophy, blinded by the confusion and distortion of a complex learning. And all this doom of darkness and all this destiny of despair are forever dispelled by one brave stretch of faith on the part of the most humble and unlearned of God's children on earth.
This saving faith has its birth in the human heart when the moral consciousness of man realizes that human values may be translated in mortal experience from the material to the spiritual, from the human to the divine, from time to eternity.
>>
File: GhaGSWpepm-2.png (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
GhaGSWpepm-2.png
10KB, 300x250px
>>19379206
> Newfag
>>
Pointless answers are invalid. If your conclusion has no function, you have found an improper conclusion.
>>
File: 1499133412291.jpg (180KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
1499133412291.jpg
180KB, 1024x642px
uggghhh stupid fucking retarded dumb brainless unenlightened shit bag atheist!
>>
>>19377413
Nothing nihilistic about "life is empty and meaningless". Nihilism comes from negativity and negativity is meaning.
>>
You are wrong, we are on a mystical journey intended by God Himself.
The purpose of man is to follow the Spirit where it leads, culminating in permanent divine union (another Christ).
Anyone who opposes this belief commits blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and if we fail in our mission, because irreparable harm has been done to God's will, these blasphemers will be sent to hell for all eternity.
What a time to be alive!
>>
>>19379471
Life being empty and meaningless does not [mean] that there is no God or no journey.
>>
>>19379139
>Well, at least you seem to be consistent
But he's not consistent.

Anyone that tries to convince others that existence is meaningless is inherently inconsistent. Nothing is accomplished or achieved in doing so in the most literal sense.
>>
I wonder what that fat goth chick from CSI looks like these days. I wish there was a way to know.
>>
>>19376730
Nice blog. Keep going..
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.