[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a christian general. To believers, where you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170724_141424_989.jpg (1MB, 1529x1529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_141424_989.jpg
1MB, 1529x1529px
Let's have a christian general.
To believers, where you born into the religion or did you convert? If you converted; when and why? How was your life before you met christ and how is it now?

Also please share any christianity related material you have here.

For non believers;
>Who do you believe christ to be and more importantly "why"?
>how would you describe yourself?
>What religion/spiritual practice or lack thereof do you follow?
>What do you know about christianity?
>>
Nice thread.
Even tough I was born into the religion, my faith got a lot stronger after some happenings.
I'm planning on buying a Bible and reading the whole thing.
Stay nice fellow christians!
>>
>>19373776
I was raised into it. Got nothing from it. When it was time to make a decision to become part of the church of my own accord I left and never went back. No regrets.
>>
>>19373832
What denom if I may ask? Where you born into a practicing family or just a culturally christian one? Did you practise the religion yourself?

>>19373828
Have you tried downloading a bible app for convinience? Has been great help to me.
>>
>>19373850
Who the fuck said anything about a demon?
>>
>>19373776

I believe he was a teacher who preached a reformist interpretation of Judaism. Because it seems like the most appropriate description for him and what he did.

Pure Land + Chan Buddhist

See above

>What do you know about Christianity?
I tend to listen to a fair amount of Christianity podcasts that describe and debate various Christological issues because I find it interesting, although I am not a Christian, I can respect truly virtuous practitioners.

I think that most Christians tend to worship God as a "self" rather than a true monad.

Whatever Paul was doing was suspect, The bible should only include the Gospels.
>>
>>19373850
>>19373853
Wait, ignore that I misread, its early. Roman catholic, I was born into it. Went every Sunday for service and Sunday school. Just got nothing from that and decided I didnt need all that to follow my faith on my own.
>>
>>19373776
Christian here. Is there any way I can ensure that my soul does NOT live on for eternity? I really don't want to exist in any form after I die. I don't want to go to heaven/hell, I just want to cease existing completely.
>>
I was born into the religion, but then I became an atheist who was hoping to achieve immortality through the technological singularity within my life time. After studying consciousness, I began to grasp the existence of the soul and God. I converted to Christianity because Christ solves the problem of evil, and seems to have an advanced knowledge of divine justice.
>>
File: 1499336827261.png (89KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1499336827261.png
89KB, 363x475px
>Christian General
>Picture looks like broken Buddha statues
>>
>>19373888
It is, because I was on my phone where I have a lot of pictures from ruins in thailand.
>>
>>19373850
Yes, I even got a pdf with the Bible in my native language but I still prefer real books.
>>
File: IMG-20170730-WA0002.jpg (971KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170730-WA0002.jpg
971KB, 1564x1564px
Born and baptized ((Roman Catholic))). Grew up in the Catholic School system till University but stopped believing in God at age 12. 10 years later after deep research of conspiracy theories/paranormal, it always lead to the Bible/mystery Babylon. That's how I found Jesus and am now a King James only, young Earth, flat Earth, nephilim believing Christian.
The world is very dark with satanic pedos all around, you can take the left hand path of Gnosticism or follow the only begotten son.
>>
>>19373776
Well you're probably just going to think I'm shitposting, but if you want my honest take.

I know Christianity is cancer.
>>
>>19373877
How does christ solve the problem of evil exactly?
>>
>>19374291
He rebukes it like an asshole in a mental institution. I've seen it happen numerous times.
>>
>>19373877
>problem of evil,
No such thing.
>>
>>19374343
You're the problem then.
>>
>>19374327
Oh I thought you ment the problem of evil as in why does God allow evil to exist if he is omnipresent, omnipotent and such
>>
File: Levels of spiritual redpilling.jpg (348KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
Levels of spiritual redpilling.jpg
348KB, 1024x835px
>>19373776
A deceiver, tried and tested deceiver.
I've see so much shit that I am jaded forever.
I believe my own thing
I know its a scam like the other religions, and the same dark power whom is behind the other religion is behind christianity aswell.
>>
>>19374443
Great post but I did find one problem:
>redpilling.jpg
That should be greenpilling.
>>
>>19374443
Okay snowflake.
>>
>>19374478
You do realize that every snowflake is unique, right?

I mean I understand the pejorative, but surely you have a full mathematical appreciation of just how unique everyone really is when you look past the surface, right?
>>
>>19374436

That is what I meant.
God's nature is perfect.
God creates evil.
God is responsible for evil.
If you are responsible for evil you are wicked.
God corrupts his will for the sake of humanity, so he needs a way to purify himself.
The only way to purify yourself is through justice, which restores the equilibrium of the system.
Christ, who being at one with God, is an apt substitute for God Himself.

"And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed."
>>
>>19374496
Okay snowflake, you're special. You're the most special person in the world and only you have the answers for you and no one else. Good job, you cracked the code and we can all go home now.
>>
File: 1lt4d6.jpg (232KB, 680x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1lt4d6.jpg
232KB, 680x1388px
>>19374508
>>
>>19374508
>most special person
Aw, thanks anon. I didn't know you felt that way about me. If only the rest of the world knew me as well as you do.
>>
File: 1499197631379.jpg (95KB, 736x953px) Image search: [Google]
1499197631379.jpg
95KB, 736x953px
>>19374526
>>
>>19374536
So are you memeing.

I'm

>>19374443

And according to this >>19374526

I'm a brainlet, while you are the pinnacle of mental evolution, what else do you want from me?
>>
>>19374544
>what else do you want from me?
Silence
>>
>to believers, where you born into the religion or did you convert?
I was an atheist til the middle of the 2016,i did convert in august.My family of part of my mother,is mostily catholic,in my father's part are evangelicals.

I did convert because i start to dig into paranormal stuff,and how much more i've digged,more i've found references to God,thiis couldn't be coincidence.

My life was normal,still normal,but my sleep paralysis episodes stupidly increase.This can be related to my conversion?
>>
>>19374551
>Silence
Then you probably shouldn't be on 4chan.
>>
>>19374497
It ain't solved shit evil is still prevalent this planet is ruled by sin
Jesus christ might forgive our sins and thru him we can be saved and thats great but it does nothing for those that suffer from evil like a young girl who gets ass raped repeatedly by a drunken uncle what the hell is forgiveness doing for her it isn't solving shit. Salvation thru Jesus doesn't solve evil it's an after measure does jack to prevent innocent ones from suffering evil. This is the problem with evil, why does God allow this pointless evil to exist ?
>>
>>19373860
I'm curious, what exactly did St. Paul do that you considered suspect?
>>
>>19373776

Just a regular friendly dude who people attributed great powers to. Why? It would be strange if the very person Jesus was made up.

what

I don't know

I don't really know how to quantify this but whatever would be expected from 12 years of going to a christian school with mandatory religious studies classes (see: one week on world religions rest of the year on the bible).

im basic as shit
>>
>>19373776
probably a famous priest or something thats most likely

non religious in the aspect that i dont believe in a specific god but i do believe theres something out there/ some kind of force idk

none desu i just try to be a good person and do good when i can

quite a bit because i was sent to a really christian school as a kid and took RE in high school because it seemed cool
>>
>>19373776
I follow a mixture of Christianity and Turkic Shamanism.
>>
I was born into a heavily religious family. Sect of Christianity was Presbyterian. From what I know it's pretty lax compared to others. I was never actually that into it, even though my parents made me study Bible versus throughout the week as a kid. It always felt off, and church was just to appease my parents. When I moved out I cut connections to the church and practically my whole family. Maybe it's my family's fault for turning me off religion, but I never felt comfortable with it. I don't get along with my family for several reasons, the main two are, of course, leaving the church and turning out gay. Whoops.
>>
File: 1501550935271.jpg (22KB, 236x287px) Image search: [Google]
1501550935271.jpg
22KB, 236x287px
>>
File: laughinggrills.gif (2MB, 245x243px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggrills.gif
2MB, 245x243px
>>19373853
fag
>>
>>19373776
Born into it,but then I became enlighten by my own means
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.