[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /x/'s opinion on welcome to Nightvale? I recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: welcome to nightvale.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to nightvale.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
What's /x/'s opinion on welcome to Nightvale?
I recently Discovered it, and i quite like it.
>>
Pay no attention to the hooded figures in the dog park.

Really enjoyed most all of it. Good clean weird fun. Saw it in person and instead of lighthearted goofiness it was extra serious and sad and deep. Haven't really listened to it much since then. :/
>>
I tried hearing some episodes, but I found it to be too quirky.

It's a great concept that could have proided some excellent spooks, but the whole comedy thing is really not my jam.
>>
>>19373490

It's good

I'm behind on the series, but I've seen them live and it was great. Going again this autumn.
>>
some of the weather music is pretty decent
>>
File: aw_yeah_this_is_happening.jpg (16KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
aw_yeah_this_is_happening.jpg
16KB, 540x303px
Just wish they wouldn't shove how gay Cecil is down my throat so much. It's gotten annoying relatively recently.
I have no problem with him being gay, but it's brought up so frequently and bluntly that it detracts from everything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (414KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414KB, 630x800px
>>19375915
this, the series got worse whenever they stopped caring about the story and the world as much as they cared about how gay everyone is
>>
File: 1444155324567.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1444155324567.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>19375940
Exactly.
The first 20 or so episodes are amazing. The worldbuilding and atmosphere really appealed to me.
I didn't even mind it when him and Carlos got together. But it's just getting obnoxious now. It adds absolutely nothing to the show.
Yeah, we get it, he's gay. We don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes.
It's a shame too, I really liked it starting out.
Wish they'd do more with Desert Bluffs as well, but I hardly tune in anymore, so.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 553x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 553x640px
>>19375963
Yeah it really had a nice theme to it at first too and like you said it wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't make the show hosts side life so important. To me his life wasn't important it was what was going on in the town. What I thought would have been cool is if each show he started out with a different name and maybe someone calls him a wrong name once and shit gets crazy. I don't know but I just felt it would have been better focusing exclusively on the town itself unitll it directly effected the show host.
>>
Loved it in the beginning. Setting was unique and I really enjoyed the style. However it just gets bad as you go. I say listen to th first handful to find out about the town then just stop once it starts to focus on him being gay more than anything else
>>
>>19373490
I found it really interesting in the beginning, but after a while, it got repetitive and overly quirky. Haven't looked at it for at least a couple of years.
>>
I didn't like it.
It was incoherent and inconsistent, and not really that interesting.
>>
Can you paranormie fags stop creating these podcast threads, just so you can name drop your shit tier fucking garbage?

There, I did it for you. Now fuck off.
>>
>>19375963
My opinion as well
>>
>>19376125
Or they should have just kept him unnamed, and only have people refer to him as "the radio host" or something like that.
>>
>>19377341
Paranormies are fucking awful
>LOL GOYIM
>LOL CHAN MEMES
>>
too tumblr and too quirky for me, but i love the atmosphere, the first 10-20 episodes are 10/10, the rest is meh tier with some great moments
good show overall
>>
>>19377341
here's the real /x/ podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUJ8_0PFs6o
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.