[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there's a great line in the corpus hermeticum that goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: dark_street.jpg (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dark_street.jpg
37KB, 1024x768px
there's a great line in the corpus hermeticum that goes "love is the mother of death, but love is all"

and it got me thinking, love and spirituality and shit are really only possible in the thermodynamic universe we live in, where systems break down and everything teeters on the brink of nothingness

it's almost like love "created" these conditions to be itself, or like love is just a groundless light in the void, beautiful and terrible, and that the negative is the only principle, and god is just a name for the eternal struggle against it

what do you think? does anything save? is everything okay at bottom, or what? or is the only answer silence?
>>
>>19369841
As I got it, its about the All and the complementary nature of opposites.
Cycles overcome, Love and death are death and rebirth as each transforms into the other.
On the big picture, there is no struggle, only becoming. We are insignificant to this scale though, and as such, love and death are still real to us. But at least we can know that on the larger scale, none of them exist without the other and they're one and the same, calling the All, Love.
At least that's one interpretation, as I've noticed with each step one learns new stuff.
There is always something new to see under a different light.
>>
File: Bus Stop Study 3.jpg (88KB, 1600x665px) Image search: [Google]
Bus Stop Study 3.jpg
88KB, 1600x665px
>>19369866
I understand that from a transcendent perspective there is only joy, ecstasy, but it's hard to square that with our lives down here in the trenches, and hard to get rid of the nasty feeling that this isn't just the projection of an ideal of perfection only imperfect beings can think, and that even perfection is dependent on its opposite

I'm really not some edgy atheist fedora lord. Even in certain Kabbalistic ideas of God, evil, darkness, all that shit, is just the originary abyss of God trying to "re-assert" and reabsorb this pesky, heterogeneous universe of becoming

Crowley's got an ominous as fuck line in Liber Legis that goes "the bliss of dissolution atones for life" and I'm like damn nigga that's some heavy shit. It's like behind the curtain of curtains, everything conspires to be as hopeless as possible so it can be prerequisite for the shattering miracle of love, beauty, faith, spirit, etc.
>>
>>19369922
I don't pretend to know what lies beyond our non-transcendent perspective... But to my understanding its more than petty notions of "joy" or "ecstasy" These are mundane ideals that seek realization in ego.
As I got it, its a whole new level of a word called "harmony"
Marrying one side or the other as saying "god is bliss escaping the void" or "the true divinity is nothingness" is to stray away from perspective.
Its a tough notion to get but there is no "evil"
Nothing that large in an universal scale is "against us" or "against God" everything ... just IS, just as it always has been and will be, long after we're gone.
I'm still trying to figure out how morals come into the equation in our scale, but I've always had something inside me telling me how to act right.
I think it is related to harmony again... live and let live, do not disturb the harmony or experience of another. Straying from harmony is suffering... or something like that...
>>
>>19370095
Right, it just "is", but this is-ness at our level results in evil. Evil and good are only ideas born from our relative vantage, in the same way that fire only burns for creatures of flesh and blood.

I'm just saying what is seems to be the 0, and we suffer death because of our being out of joint or dissatisfied, not at home somehow with the void - compare with the German idealist understanding of consciousness as a self-relating negativity, etc.
>>
>>19370418
Yeah in a way. However, the "let's embrace the void" speech can be dangerous. I've seen many going this way and becoming edgelords.
Walking at the blade's edge means yeah, recognize the "void" but dont you freaking fall in it. Falling is easy. Maintaining balance is the hard part.
Suffering births from Ego. It hurts because it happens to you or because you disagree with it and you think you should be in control.
You aren't. The only thing you can control, is yourself. Everything else, good, evil, maybe it is, maybe it isn't and depends on perspective. Doesn't matter. A spider is evil to the fly it eats.
The dying of Ego is about letting go.
The more Ego dies, the more you can begin to connect with Everything.
In Hermetic tradition, a spiritual being never dies unless it wishes to do so and even then it cannot die but only be transformed. Living is about learning, learning is about letting go.

I guess that morals come into play when Ego dies too. What we consider "evil" is things that would harm another for selfish reasons.
Less Ego, less reasons to cause harm and more understanding of what's around you.
>>
>>19370095
That something inside of you, could it be cultural programming ?
>>
I disagree.
>>
>>19371412
>Cultural programming
I don't think so
Ever since I learnt the concept I've obsessed about finding what is real and makes people tick beyond preconception.
What is real underneath all the bullshit society indoctrinates you with.
I can only speak for personal experience but I do sense this kind of "moral compass", and it isn't related to society.
Under this view I've explored radical worlds, IE I've come to understand 4chan pedos to an extent and pity the ones who can't deny what they are, I've seen the pros and cons to nazism without falling for the /pol/ meme, I've come to see that some children should be considered "evil" because they would destroy the world to get what they need, and that "innocence" is a meme. That politics are corrupt from all sides, that dogma blinds people from the truth, and that one should believe nothing and listen to everything.
The laws of men are a construct that may preserve order but in the end are just as illusory as dream, and civilization is more fragile that it seems.
Remove civilization and culture, toss a child to an island to be raised by monkeys, what's left?
That is where I found this "compass" of sorts... Has proven to be wise for the most of my life... dunno if other people have it though, dunno if it's related to spirit or if it is buried deeper beneath layers of programming... It is born of no prejudice at least, and after all, I like to believe it is real. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe some have it and some don't, maybe it varies from person to person and maybe some listen and some don't.
But that's only my take on it...
>>
>>19369841
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.