[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If ghosts do not exist, then why does my grandma claim to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1501196353821.jpg (505KB, 2000x1559px) Image search: [Google]
1501196353821.jpg
505KB, 2000x1559px
If ghosts do not exist, then why does my grandma claim to have witnessed my dad as an infant being held horizontally against a wall by nothing?

She has also along with my grandpa and great aunt, made many other outlandish super natural
claims.

Whenever I try to call bullshit (albeit, much more politely). My disbelief of Christianity is brought up, and I am accused of being an atheist with foolish beliefs (although I am not).

My question is, what is possessing these people to believe this? It's seriously blowing my mind that a large majority of people can have this same mindset and be called sane.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>19362973
All Women are pathological liars, It is a proven fact.
>>
File: GA4.jpg (760KB, 595x830px) Image search: [Google]
GA4.jpg
760KB, 595x830px
>>19362981
Oh i am well aware of that.

But I have met men also, which don't get me wrong, are just as easily capable of lying. But all that have these profound experiences of super natural encounters, seem to have in their minds indisputable evidence of these events.

Also all these people are very devout Christians, and very deeply believe in the after lives of Heaven and Hell, and live / have lived their lives solely for their tickets to Elysium.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>19362973
Because they experienced something paranormal is why they believe.

There's nothing "possessing" them to believe it. If you were there to experience it, you sure as hell would believe it, regardless if you were devoutly religious or a skeptic at the time. Also, don't go around calling people outlandish until you experience some shit yourself. I've had some strange happenings in my life, and have been called "fucking insane" by several family members at once, to the point of screaming at me. Just accept there are things we simply don't understand.
>>
>>19363070
>Not knowing calculus at the age of 8 having never set foot in a high school class room is not understanding something.

>Not fully grasping how a chemist can drastically change 4 molecules into 1 life saving drug is not understanding.

It seems to me they are being willfully ignorant to reason, and are letting their mind and eyes play tricks on themselves.

That is why I am going around calling what these people claim to have have witnessed as "outlandish". Sure they absolutely have experienced whatever it is you consider a super natural event, but they did so within the confines of their own head. Just as myself have seen faces of dead relatives last month in an intense LSD trip.

But at the end of the day I do not go around saying I talked to my cousin who has been dead since '97. And by the way his skull has been reshapen to normal and his leg is reattached at the knee.

Fucking delusional cunts
>>
File: DFLr6.jpg (158KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DFLr6.jpg
158KB, 1280x960px
>>19363133
By the way this is me, I have one friend who's cock I suck, I live in my mom's basement ect, ect..
>>
Wow really nothing is all this entire board has to offer?
>>
>>19363185
When you go around calling people delusional cunts and compare paranormal experiences to a hallucination on LSD, why should we offer you a god damn thing?
>>
Come on you fucks, I'm sure all 8 of you on this board can offer more than a well worded toothfarry-esque type rebuttal.
>>
>>19363201
Because they are essentially the same thing. The brain is causing either to have false senses of reality.

>and my apologies about the cunt, really.

It has just been extremely frustrating practically my whole life with this subject.
>>
File: 1498297431632.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498297431632.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>19363218
Also if ghosts, spirits, Casper or whatever you want to call it can hold up the weight of a 10+ pound baby against a wall; then how come they aren't using this ability for a much more pragmatic reason other than to, if true, to scare people not much unlike a horror movie.
>>
>>19362981
100% truthbomb
>>
I'll take humans lie for 100 Alex.

There is also an incredibly strong desire to be special or to have an advantage over others. Also, mental ilnesses are very real and the mind can play tricks on you.

The reality is there is real ways to better yourself or manipulate the universe. The ways to do that though are much harder to come by, IE. study of arts or sciences that will give you advantages. It is far easier to read Crawley, send bad juju and wish for success like a childs dream.

I mean look at what is popular here, getting a succubus or tulpa because you are lonely, making deals with devils because you are unsuccessful, praising gods and seeking "truth" because the universe is a cold, dark, unforgiving place. Seeking ghosts because it confirms that life isn't finite and your loved ones are not gone. Belief in the paranormal is simply rooted in desperation to make sense of a universe that we cater to and not the other way around. It's all rooted in coping mechanisms with our self awareness.

The only thing real about the paranormal is that you can make yourself miserable and insane by pursuing such things in earnest.
>>
>>19362973
A couple of my family members and I have this story that took place in what we all considered a haunted farm house. It was super old and the landlord told us something about how it was part of the underground railroad or some shit. Anyway, the story is that we were lying in bed trying to sleep and suddenly we see an orange orb at the window. Then it somehow goes completely through the window and floats around the room. Stunned with fear we watch it for awhile until we all agree to run out of the room together. The reason I'm telling you this is that this particular story and many others involved with the house have become exaggerated over the years. We did experience something, but perhaps not as spectacular as we swear by today.

Maybe your families story is similar to this. An actual happening that has been exaggerated over the years.
>>
Well. What about Hillary? Is that a psychotic episode that someone else was forcing her to go through?

I think the brain is a powerful thing.

When you hear a glass sliding off a mantle, other glasses stay...

This was a squared mantle(new home).

It slid off the mantle just feet behind me.

If you weren't there, you wouldn't believe it.

So what does it matter to tell you?
>>
>>19362981
They just need to be raised correctly.
>>
>>19362996
Well, there's a reason pathological lying is considered a mental disorder.
Pathological lying is a mental defense mechanism. Some humans NEED attention, even if they don't realize it consciously(that's why it tends to be more common in woman). Most pathological liars don't know they're lying, and wholeheartedly believe the things they say to be truth.
>>
>>19362973
Right now your mortality is only an abstraction. You'll won't believe it but you may understand when you're staring it in the face and the emptiness and fear really hit you. It makes people believe anything.
>>
>>19362973
is that JFK blazin a zoot?
>>
>>19364361
probably just hand rolled cigarette. You never see this anymore but I shit my self because I saw someone smoking a hand rolled cigarette thinking he was just smoking a joint around a shit ton of people.
>>
>>19364365
Why to fuck would you shit you self even if it was a joint? You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>19365172
>ca-cause weed is a sin but I'm atheist so it's against my self proclaimed gentlemen code
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.