[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand. Why would the inhabitants of hell seek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: b6c~01.png (96KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
b6c~01.png
96KB, 497x497px
I don't understand. Why would the inhabitants of hell seek to torture those who defied God?
What's in it for them? What do they gain from it?
>>
File: IMG_0573.png (56KB, 1728x1716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.png
56KB, 1728x1716px
Steven Universe is a good show
>>
>>19359101
Nothing they are just assholes. Like those chads that bullied you in high school.
>>
File: FINISH.jpg (13KB, 400x337px)
FINISH.jpg
13KB, 400x337px
>>19359117
IF I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT I'D GO ON /co/ OR /trash/ I'M HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE LIES OF ORGANIZED RELIGION
>>
>>19359120
Well when you get to hell is there any way out of it?
>>
How about accept Jesus Christ and don't go there. A land of selfish people tortured by selfish entities
>>
>>19359132
Jeez this hell sounds like a hell of a place. What it really needs is a quirky selfless extrovert with a pushy personality to make the place nicer.
>>
>>19359101
Your version of hell is the pop culture version. In the biblical view, demons are tortured alongside sinners in the lake of fire
>>
>>19359144
Who's the dumbass that decided hell needs a lake of fire wtf
>>
>>19359101
>Why would the inhabitants of hell seek to torture those who defied God?
do they? I'm pretty sure they're just recruiting by exploiting your desires and the suffering comes from defying god in the first place
>What's in it for them? What do they gain from it?
an army of loyal followers who have now disgraced themselves in front of god?
>>
>>19359101
Our universe is a mixture of chaos and order.

Hell is a dimension of pure chaos. All beings there are in a tortured state.
>>
>>19359144
Tortured by what and who?
>>
>>19359124
No, but i guess your soul eventually would get used to the suffering, so it would be like living in here, meaningless and boring eternal life
>>
>>19359101
Because angels are incredibly asshurt in general. The Old testament shapes them as more perfect beings than humans but bound to a higher level of servitude. Because God loves humanity more many angels sided with Lucifer.Tthe angels deep down still loved god so they blamed humanity for their betrayal.

So the idea is that Hell is a place inherently of torture and the demons target human souls out of hatred for them even though they are prisoner there as well. I think the idea of them being servants of hell's orchestrations was a result of simplification.
>>
>>19359101
Since most people who go to hell are people who enjoy torturing people.
The inhabitants of hell thus naturally torture other inhabitants of hell for their own enjoyment.
Its logical really.

Obviously the enjoyment from torture is not a real genuine happiness (as found in heaven), but a shallow not satisfying enjoyment.

You may ask... "But why dont the hell inhabitants work together against God?"
Well you see the very nature of hatred is division and separation and the nature of love is unity.
Since hell is based on hatred, the inhabitants of hell can not even think about the concept of uniting together (and being all friendly together)
>>
>>19359204
>but a shallow not satisfying enjoyment.
You've inspired me to tell a story of a sweet young girl whose dream is to torture people mercilessly. The happiness is brings her will inspire others to follow their dreams.
>>
>>19359190
>The Old testament shapes them as more perfect beings than humans but bound to a higher level of servitude.
>So the idea is that Hell is a place inherently of torture and the demons target human souls out of hatred for them even though they are prisoner there as well.

So Hell is a megacorporation and the demons are the marketing department?
>>
>>19359144
Your version of hell is also pop culture, because in the original scriptures it is actually a dug-out pit where the Jews would crucify and burn sinners. Jews don't even believe in a Heaven - and this is where the other Abrahamic religions came from as well. You're all morons.

יהוה is only one of many aliens that were warring many years ago when they jumped from Mars to Earth, that ended up fighting each other and יהוה just happened to be the one that came out on top - before he inevitably died himself.
>>
Demons are merely the embodied sins of the wicked manifesting like upon like for the sake of justice.
>>
>>19359101
You don't get it, hell is constructed by its inmates, inflicted by its inmates. God doesn't punish you, your punishment is being surrounded by beings who are similar to you in nature.
It's like asking, why would prison inmates shank each other? Because they can and they want to and they get a free pass to, because no one cares about them because they care about no one.
Law of karma 101
>>
>>19359213
>sweet
>torture people mercilessly
>happiness
So many contradictions, this is why "happiness" should never be seen as the highest ideal, only the Golden Rule
>>
File: 1389649537586_1.jpg (64KB, 660x308px) Image search: [Google]
1389649537586_1.jpg
64KB, 660x308px
>>19359243
No. The demons are HR.
>>
>>19359670
So hell looks like pretty much like modern western society?
>>
>>19359785
Hell is modern western society.
>>
>>19359824
Thought so. Now it's time to get in my car and go off to hell.
>>
File: 1475415140099.png (360KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1475415140099.png
360KB, 600x580px
>>19359101
>live a selfish life doing whatever I want
>on deathbed
>accept god as my lord and savior
>go to heaven

checkmate christfags
>>
>>19359866
God knows your intentions, and though he/she/it will forgive you, you cannot deceive it or yourself. Your heart will be on display, along with every act you have ever done. You would do better to lose that ego of yours before it blows up in your face.

>>19359785
That's a crude comparison, because there are people in the West who are genuinely kind hearted people, but essentially yes.
God did not make a "prison", he made a planet for the devil, know as Hell. The ruler is Satan, and those that are drawn to Satan and his teaching literally incarnate on his planet. And Satan tortures them, and God allows it because free will exists and it is every being choice whether they wish to experience fear or love. Anyone can leave Hell at anytime, what they don't tell you is that it is actually a place demons and satanists want to live. Torture, rape and murder are constant because the world itself is the embodiment of such a place. No one ends up in a place they do not choose to, that would violate the law of free will.
It is ignorance that lead the blind off the cliff.
>>
>>19359889
If those who do not know God get an automatic pass to Heaven (babies, ignorant Africans, etc), why not just eradicate the religion and let everyone go to Heaven by default?
>>
>>19359895
God doesn't have a religion. God loves all unconditionally. It is the conditional nature of man, along with fear, and the manipulation of power and religious teachings which have made you believe you must "attain" salvation. Anyone with a genuine desire to be a good person and a belief in something higher will end up in heaven if they believe it will be so. But God cannot make you believe in anything you do not want to believe.
>>
File: 1488187261538.jpg (30KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1488187261538.jpg
30KB, 258x245px
>>19359889
>>19359899
>god allows the weak and innocent to die so that those who kill them get the free choice to go to hell
>>
>>19359785
>>19359824
Hell is a state of being. It's always around and who do you think the devil is?

Hint: it's you
>>
>>19359904
God allows. That does not mean he approves. He/she/it wants love and joy for all the beings it has created. But it will not, and refuses to, enforce its will upon you. Unless you would prefer to have your free will removed and become ignorant of your true nature. That is what the Devil does: control out your "best" interest.
Keep mocking me, I only send you blessings of love friend.
>>
>>19359905
I choose not to be evil though. Love has come back to me through good works. No matter how small. Just i feel horrible most of the time, but it doesn't stop me doing good.
>>
>>19359187
And now you understand the Demonification Process.
>>
>>19359576
this
>>
>>19359144
>>19359152
>Say, these people without bodies and therefore without nerve endings to feel heat or pain need to be tortured. What's the best method?
>Why not fire?
Honestly, some Pop Culture versions of Hell make more sense than the religious versions.
>>19359576
I don't think that's how Gehenna works. And once you introduced aliens I find it hard to believe anything else you say.
>>
>>19359101
It's based on karma. The torments one suffers in hell are based upon what sort of evil he did in his past life.
>>
Why would anyone think this is hell? This world is beautiful. Maybe you miserables should go talk Jesus.
>>
>>19359941
Tell me about your views of Hell anon
>>
>>19359101
A huge part of the torture is you are trapped in the tight, dark and damp confines of hell for your eternity where you will be concious your soul could have been in the open, light and freedom of heaven. Who knows, heaven could even mean rejoining Gods mind and losing your ego and truly obtaining eternal effortless nirvana where as hell is inherently the trappings of the ego and it's own self betrayal.

>Pascals wager is illogical

While this is true, have any of you sinners ever wondered if faith in God just meant being a nice person and following his commandments? Love thy neighbour anons.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 215x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 215x208px
>>19359905
>who do you think the devil is?
>Hint: it's you

Wrong. The correct word is "whom."
>>
>>19359101
Most depictions of Hell where people are getting eaten is more them getting enveloped by the inhabitants there and becoming a passenger to them. Most of the torture is mental, not physical.
>>
https://youtu.be/J9qAqwIW704
>>
>>19360024
>>
In the Bible the word of God is represented as the word of God. If hell is a lake of fire perhaps it isn't really physical torture but because you were a sinner on earth the word of God is almost like torture to you.
>>
>>19359101
Because of Roko's Basilisk
>>
>>19359101
satisfaction, its what they do
>>
>not understanding why demons want to use you and turn you against God
>not realizing you are as a cell in God's being
>not understanding demons are spiteful little shits
>not understanding that he'll isn't a personal thing

Existence is as a piece of steel between an anvil and a forge, if you are twisted slag you will not move on, and you will be recycled and to the ego and your personal view that is hell, to be away from your own nature and shut down your connection to life and love is he'll in itself.
>>
>>19359184
BY THE LAKE OF FIRE. Durdurdurr
>>
Imagine it this way, Every cell in your body is burning something to be here. 4>>5th Energy states.
>>
The romanticized versions of hell make it look like an horrible torture jail but the Bible makes it look like a furnace/gigantic dumpster, i always assumed it was just earth's core or maybe inside the sun..
>>
>>19360171

In my country we know it as Roko's modern life.
>>
>>19360024

Dexter's laboratory episode were the goldfish died made me have high expectations for heaven, that it would be a place were I could finally do everything I liked without being judged, but it turns out you stop being yourself and basically stop existing...

I really wanted to learn how to draw but my christian parents would not let me, I know drawing cartoons is sin but is not fair other people can dio it and I don't, now I am to old to learn, as I see it, God didn't let me to have free will, I wanted to do something sinful and he didn't let me. I wont mind Hell at this point, heaven sounds like such bullshit... what a waste my life was, I only wanted to learn how to draw cartoons...
>>
>>19359144
Actually there is no "biblical version of Hell" because hell isn't even mentioned in the OT.
>>
>>19359101
For some reason the OP reminds me of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdpprL7QdY
>>
Hell is a place prepared by God that is outside of his mercy and the repository of his wrath against that wich is ungodly. Its not the Inhabitants of Hell that are to be feared.
>>
File: IMG_3349.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3349.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>19359101
There's no systematic torture in Hell. Read the Bible. Hell is barley described in the actual literature. The "lake of fire" is only from Revelations and is an obvious metaphor. Those who defy (or consciously reject) God are simply destroyed or quarantined in their own plane of existence.

Why would an all-loving God torture people eternally for a temporal punishment?
>>
>>19360400
Heaven is a temporal state where you sit with God and all his favored and await the Apocolypse. After that, Earth and Heaven are joined as one and you become a citizen in God's new kingdom. It's like the Garden of Eden Part 2.
>>
>>19360549

>metaphor

Lake of fire could be FUCKING LAVA, second, what love, true love, means to got dis very different to what humans call love, also God has perfect hate for sin, sin is basically everything God does not like, from baby rape to drawing children's cartoons.

This is why hell is like a dumpster, God wants only people that genuinely love him by free will, and everything that God hates, God hates.
>>
>>19360563

Still, it would be Normietopia and no cartoons ever, I will never going to learn to draw unless I sell my soul or something, my time is running low.
>>
>>19360566
I don't think God hates sinners or sin. A perfect being simply can't exist in the same plane of reality as sin or sinful people. His perfectness evaporates them, as seen in the Book of Isaiah.

>>19360575
It probably is filled with normies desu. Still, God might cure your autism and make you normal when you ascend to Heaven.

You can learn to draw within a year of hard work if you really apply yourself. Selling your soul might be a bit excessive.
>>
>>19359243
No, they're fellow inmate Bubba "Butt Plugga" Dubois
>>
>>19359101
They don't torture your soul. God doesn't damn you. You damn and you torture yourself. God is like a radiant sun- if you've lived a life in darkness and sin, his radiance burns you. If you live an enlightened and moral life, his radiance is like a blissful warmth. On Earth, demons tempt us to win more souls for Satan; otherwise, most other interpretations of hell (like that Agony game coming out) is just hollywood and media bullshit.
>>
>>19359101
isn't hell just a metaphor for the time when a soul is cut off from God completely? to be away from God's love would be the ultimate punishment. in solitude having nothing in your mind but all the wrongs that you inflicted on people and having it happen to you for eternity
>>
File: glitchr_1501270529000.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
glitchr_1501270529000.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>19359101
They don't. Remember Adam and Eve, and the tree of knowledge? God literally wanted his creations to live in ignorance and blindly obey. Satan offered knowledge and freedom. God punished all of humanity for taking it. Who's really the bad guy?
>>
>>19360575
How come drawing cartoons is a sin? Care to explain?
>>
>>19359101
>I don't get it, why do Muslims kill other Muslims
>t. retard

>>19361091
>t. someone who's never read the bible

Next you'll tell me that democracy isn't a mistake.
>>
File: 1497824058889.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497824058889.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>19361401
Off yourself
>>
>>19359582
So no demon if good boy?
>>
>>19360387
That was one weird show
>>
>>19360400
Just fucking draw nigga. There's no age limit to this shit. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and put some fucking lines down. If anyone ever gives you shit, ask them how they think the last supper got made.
>>
Christianity is a perversion of Judaism which is a perversion of the Sumerian religion. Learn2Cuneiform
>>
>Masturbation is instinctive and gets you sent to hell
Defend this
>>
>>19359101
Anyone saying anything but Hell doesn't real" is lying or has been lied to. The concept of hell came long after the religion it was initially born from. Hell is a pit where sinners are burned, the first time it's referenced. Different translations(and mistranslations) slowly changed this or that here and there and artists began taking mroe artistic liberty in their adaptations/fanfics . Let that all broil for a few thousand years and you have the modern world idea of hell.

This is all information you can find by just using google. Nothing mystical, magical or mysterious about it.
>>
>>19362694
No, but the idea of the Abyss was an old one.
>>
You guys are beautiful, I am happy this place exists.
>>
>>19362694
1) The concept of hell predates all extant religions. It is a cultural universal. Often taking a handful of similar forms.
2) You could argue that it might be the only true part. Everything else is fluff and embellishment.
>>
>>19359101
.. they just hate humans dude they hate all
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.