[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entities to invoke or use as a servitor to gain insight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Threskiornis_molucca_-_Perth.jpg (1MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Threskiornis_molucca_-_Perth.jpg
1MB, 2500x2000px
Entities to invoke or use as a servitor to gain insight in mathematics?

Thoth?
>>
>>19357274
What type/field of mathematics? How far down the rabbit hole do you plan to go?
>>
>>19357274
bertrand russell
>>
Summon the spirit of Pythagoras with a weejee board.
>>
>>19357313
I am the shallowest fucking dabbler in the esoteric but with a lifelong interest. I'm returning to school after 7-8 years of doing nothing and wasting time since highschool, and I'm daunted by my first textbook - and this is literally entry level college math. I believe in my ability to grasp it with instruction in class and studying on my own, but I figure I already have intentions I want to try to act on magickally in pursuit of making school a positive and successful experience.

Going back to school is an attempt to really shake up my life and improve my circumstances, and that seems like the best situation to be in to attempt the practise of magick. Like I said, I'm absolutely a beginner, but I've had a very basic understanding for a while and now feels like the right time to go ahead.
>>
>attempting to use Thoth as a servitor
I'm going to guess that's probably a bad idea.
An invocation would probably be ok, though, and if it's math you're after, Thoth is probably the guy for the task.
>>
Almost forgot, Thoth's daughter Seshat is also a deity of math.
>>
>>19357371
>Don't use Thoth as a servitor
That kind of correction is what I'm after - I'm a babe in the woods in this whole thing. My personal background pushes me towards a psychological perspective - collective subconscious, Jungian archetypes etc. so I guess I wasn't fully aware to the extent that people treat them with caution, but the main thing I'm trying to tell myself in my attempt to learn about the practise of magick is to listen and learn - even if my end goal is an accessible and personal, every-day practise of chaos magick due to its ease and flexibility
>>
>>19357353
Why do you want to summon something for mathematics, of all things? Or do you just want a study partner in general, and math is the one you're struggling with the most?
>>
>>19357397
>I wasn't aware of the extent to which people treat them with caution
"them" being entities
>>
>>19357399
I've always struggled with mathematics - I'm enrolled in a program that I feel good about in that I feel like it's smart career-wise and it's something I'm passionate about, and the math courses involved seem like one of my biggest obstacles, other than emotional/personal problems and deficiencies that are the other things I want to magickally focus my intent on altering.

So yes, specifically, I would like to incorporate an entity into ritual or other magickal practise to open my mind and otherwise make it receptive to the study of mathematics
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.