[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the "universe", the big bang theory only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: PIA14417.jpg (484KB, 2800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
PIA14417.jpg
484KB, 2800x1400px
What's the "universe", the big bang theory only talks about rapid expansion of matter (photons).
>>
File: dense.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>19347033

MY GOD. YOU IDIOT.
You had SEVENTEEN fundamental particles to pick from, and you managed to pick ONE OF THE FIVE that ARE NOT MATTER.

Photons, W/Z Bosons, Higgs-Bosons, and Gluons are not matter. They are force carrying particles. ESPECIALLY photons because as far as we know they have no mass.

You could have picked Electrons, Tauons, Muons, Any of the quarks, or any of the neutrinos, and it would have been matter.

GET EDUCATED.
>>
>>19347628
science is bullshit. there's only five real elements
>>19347033
the universe is where us bastardswound up somehow
>>
>>19347628
How large is the space(which was always ignored by science until 11 dimensional string theory; M-theory) of the universe?
And "what" is that space?
>>
File: walking garbage anime girl.jpg (235KB, 848x807px) Image search: [Google]
walking garbage anime girl.jpg
235KB, 848x807px
>>>/sci/
They will laugh at you there
>>
>>19348916
Do you need daddy to feel confident?:)
>>
>>19348905
No one can answer that?
What happened to your education mate?
>>
>>19350106
No one?
Thought so.
/thread
>>
>>19347033
>"Like dude Bill Nye and the black science guy said we like the big bang created like everything. Do you like even science bruh? LOL!"
>"But I thought you couldn't get something from nothing. Doesn't science say that?"
>"Dude like yeah!"
>"So if the big bang created everything what created the big bang? What was before the big bang?"
>"FUCK OFF RACIST! MUH NYE MUH BLACK SCIENCE MAN! WE CAN TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED 0.0000000002 SECONDS AFTER THE BIG BANG HAPPENED ACTUALLY!"
>"But what was there before it if it created everything?"
>*autistic screeching*

Stay made (((free thinkers))).
>>
>>19348905
Objects do not exist in space but are spatially extended.
>>
>>19350522
>>19350106
>>19348905
It's a stupid question.

What is space? It's space. Three of the four dimensions of our universe. A part of spacetime.

If you want a more specific answer you'll have to bone up on your math because the answer is a whole bunch of complicated formulae

>>19350535
>big bang doesn't make sense because of conservation of matter
Well, first of all, conservation of matter is a physical law of the universe. You can't (necessarily) apply those laws before the universe's existence.

Second, the big bang theory does not posit that all matter came from nothing, it posits that all matter was at one point compressed in a singularity that then exploded.

Stay in school, kids.
>>
Big Bang theory all comes from observing the redshift of distant objects.

it can easily be determined by understanding the basic situation of the doppler effect that everything in the observable universe is moving away from everything else, and that objects which are further away are moving faster than objects which are closer.

therefore, all the SPACE in the universe, not the matter, is expanding away from some center point / time.

now you don't need a time machine to try to guess how it all started. if you see a trend that appears to be universal as time advances, you then wonder "what must we have started from?" and you naturally land on the big bang.

discovery and measurement of the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation showed extremely strong predictive ability for the big bang model.
>>
>>19350522

this is the problem with every retarded science thread on /x/. some fuckwit starts the thread with zero understanding of the topic and asks a question that doesn't make even a tiny gram of sense, and then when people roll their eyes and ignore the stupid part of the question the fuckwits shout "CHECKMATE SCIENTISTS!"

it's like starting a thread with the topic "but if dolphins are really unicorns, why is the sky red?" and nobody knows how to answer your fucking stupid question.
>>
File: wizards did it.jpg (45KB, 526x484px) Image search: [Google]
wizards did it.jpg
45KB, 526x484px
>>19350535

"after ten thousand years of experiments and sharing mathematical ideas, we've finally been able to explain 99.99% of time and space."

"what about that first 0.01%?"

"we're not quite there yet -"

"CHECKMATE, SCIENTISTS!"

"what's your alternative hypothesis?"

"well, you know how some guys are bigger and stronger than other guys?"

"uh, yeah?"

"well, i found a book written by sheepherders that claims there's a guy who's even bigger and stronger than all the other guys, and he created himself before he existed, and then he created the universe."

"that's so, so much stupider than my hypothesis. it doesn't make any sense at all and you have zero experiments or math."

"yeah, but it explains the other 0.01% so it's clearly superior. CHECKMATE AGAIN SCIENCE!"

"checkmate only happens once a game."

"whatever, you can't tell me how chess works just because you studied the rules and i didn't"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.