[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does gnosticism play in Islam? Inb4 sufism, how does the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: b98d6da7b2d0b1a2d2c512fccc6abdde.jpg (141KB, 736x1001px) Image search: [Google]
b98d6da7b2d0b1a2d2c512fccc6abdde.jpg
141KB, 736x1001px
How does gnosticism play in Islam? Inb4 sufism, how does the quaranic scripture actually justify the existence of the demiurge? Does Allah exhibit the qualities of the demiurge or the Monad? Was the quaran doctored to prevent us from knowing the ultimate truth?
>>
self bump
>>
self bump
>>
>>19346320
>gnosticism
>Islam
It's a Christian sect
>>
>>19346388
gnostics wouldn't actually define themselves as christian.
sufi's talk about irfan meaning gnosis.
>>
>>19346388
No there are gnostic streams in all major religions, in islam it's sufism. Gnosticism isn't something exclusive to Christianity. Christian gnosticism is.

OP sadly as much as I like sufi poetry I'm not too well versed in sufism in general, but from what I gather, they don't have the same concept about the demiurge that can be found in christian gnosticism. Also allah would definitely display the qualities of the monad, and the quaran interpreted the right way would lead us to the ultimate truth and attaining gnosis.
>>
>>19346459
thank you - the quaran gives me dfifficult as it is abrahamic, and i've been looking for a legitimate gnostic practice and seem to have found it in sufism. You can be a non muslim sufi as well, just not as well accepted as the muslim sufis.
>>
>>19346476
I feel inclined to help a fellow gnostic out on his path, so here are my .2 cents for you, hope you don't mind:

I've found this series and petersons thoughts in general extremely helpful when dealing with religion, maybe it will help you out on your journey as well, he only talks about christianity here, but most of what he says can be applied to other abrahamic religions aswell. Imho it gives you the right mindset to go about reading any kind of religious texts:
https://youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w

As far as gnostic practice goes, buddhist (which is a pretty gnostic religion in itself) practices offered me the mightiest tools in achieving actual gnostic experiences, mindfulness (vipassana) meditation in particular, but if you find your own path in sufism that's great. Gnosticsm for me is finding your very own path to God afterall, so don't listen to much to me or any other mortal man, and listen to your most inner voice instead.

In my view, the biggest mistake people make with religious text is, to use a methapor: religious texts are like sign posts that point towards the right direction to walk on the path upwards the mountain trail with god residing on top of the mountain- but many people make the mistake and climb the sign post instead. There's only one true god but there are many interpretations on him out there, and each has something to offer, just don't cling onto one too much but gather the wisdom it has to offer and move forward! It doesn't matter so much if you call Him Monad or Allah or God or Christ, if you work on yourself and move forward in life towards a greater ideal-

Well, my english isn't too good, that's the best I can put it, hope you can take something away from it.
>>
>>19346564
thank you so much for this. I will look into the video and yes you have really inspired me to follow the path. Hope the search for truth continues for you
>>
>>19346320
The God of Judaism And Abraham is Evil and hates all of us. No fucking way the God of Islam and Judaism is the Monad.
>>
>>19347397
evidence
>>
>>19346564
Its cool that I was just scrolling around and me and my father were talking about god in the exact same way earlier at work. I had no idea what Gnosticism was until now, but I've believed this for awhile now. Rumi is my favorite poet and I've been going to my local masjid and learning about sufism for 6 months
>>
>>19347416
>the Torah
>the Bible
>the Koran
>the world
If you need any more sources just ask.
>>
>>19347454
that's a really vague and underwhelming argument. I mean i agree with you on the torah and the bible. but what's your argument for the sufi islam being the work of a demiurge?
>>
>>19347450
wow man have you taken your shahadah yet? whereabouts are you from?
>>
>>19347397
Every time I have encountered Jehova its always been a relief and a feeling of love and joy to know him. Its like having the one friend who knows that there is more to life than the physical, and that humans are crazy most of the time but they will learn their lessons eventually. I assure you that fear of god is a false belief designed to keep humans spiritually powerless.
>>
>>19347496
in your bible the quote "fear of god is the beginning of all wisdom" is taken from proverbs in the old testament. now I do not condone your religious beliefs, I merely ask why do you worship a being that is both jealous and loving, and wipes out people in a genocidal fit whenever they displease him?
>>
>>19346564
Its cool that I was just scrolling around and me and my father were talking about god in the exact same way earlier at work. I had no idea what Gnosticism was until now, but I've believed this for awhile now. Rumi is my favorite poet and I've been going to my local masjid and learning about sufism for 6 months

>>19347477
Not yet but I did leave Christianity and now I'm just a monotheist, I will if I feel its the truth
>>
>>19347563
same. I've been kind of drifting but im looking into sufism at the moment. you can be a non muslim sufi also
>>
>>19347477
Also I'm from Texas

>>19347575
Lol I'm pretty much that I like the philosophy of it
>>
>>19346320

What do you mean? Allah is the exact same entity as Yahweh, he is the demiurge.

Have you not read the Quran and read "Allah"'s own words? He is clearly an evil entity, just like Yahweh
>>
>>19347593
quotes
>>
>>19347585
yeah same. it's the true version of islam imo
>>
>>19347526
I don't read the bible, I am only talking about my encounters with the Being Jehova, I am that I am. I don't worship, I pray, there is a difference.

I believe that rather than fearing god, you should consider the status of your soul in eternity. Will you make the leap into infinite creation or will the will and love of life leave you forever. God is life, God is love, God is beauty, God is the heavenly spiritual attributes of existence. God is both terrible and wonderful. God is all things. The wars men start, the countless lives the creatures live and die, the wonderful sun that transmutes matter, black holes and cosmic infernos. The struggles of single cells to life and grow and reproduce. The most loving marriages, best friends, and cherished memories. Ice cream, chocolate cake. All of existence, all of non existence. Infinity itself, and eternity. Purpose and meaning.

Life itself, for all its wonder and meaning, is but a single atom in the existence of god. Sometimes the terrible things that happen here are so that we can let go and see the what else he has in store for us. Death and killing, destruction, its part of the balance of life. When man embraces evil, he calls evil to him. That evil is destructive. Do you think the order of the world is good, is it loving and affirming towards life and spiritual growth? Do all the animals we slaughter and the forests we destroy mean less to creation than man? The countless species we have genocided because of greed. We pervert creation and when nature strikes back at us we go crying that life isn't fair.

Facing infinity, facing eternity is a scary task if you face it alone. When you meet a friend, and guide, a teacher, one who knows you and cares for your being and sentience, its a breath of fresh air. He teaches language for things you have seen but never knew. He brings out the beauty within you and transforms you into a magnificent being, one who can create with him. Its all done out of love.
>>
>>19347630
explain...
>>
>>19347819
Hes the guy who is outside the system who can lead you out. The type of friend you would want if you are traveling to another galaxy, hes got all the best advice and instructions. Hes a teacher of wisdom, the kind that lets beings fall and pick themselves up. Its so we search within for our strength. We get to be tough. The kind of wisdom that allows us to decide our own destiny, and the learn and grow from the consequences of the choices we make. When you need a friend when the world is against you, or when you are against he world, hes your guy. God is on our side, whether you believe it or not.

>>19347593
Having prayed to Allah, after encountering Djinn, I spoke in tongues and felt the presence of the holy spirit. I knew that god was all encompassing, so the god of your imagined enemies is the one you need to make peace with.

Humans are experts at self deception, We are in rebellion. When you want to stop being a rebel, and catch a glimpse of heaven, pray to the god of all, Allah.
>>
if islam was 4chan
then sufism would be /x/ on steroids.
>>
Why do you say Allah? Its God. Arabian Christians call God Allah, not just muslims.
>>
>>19349772
well yeah i know, i'm just having difficulty understanding why some view Allah as a bad creator when he doesn't wipe people out the way the new testament god does.
>>
>>19346320
self bump
>>
>>19349875
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

should i continue?
>>
>>19351084
1) contextual quote that was uttered during wartime
2) and 3) any standard monotheistic faith has the warnings of hellfire. it's usually an exoteric belief to my knowledge. it could even mean the ignorance of an unbeliever. also it's really stupid to take these sayings as literal.
but yes please do continue
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.