[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Megaladon's still alive? >In 1985 the Glomar challenger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Are Megaladon's still alive?

>In 1985 the Glomar challenger used sonar technology to scan Mariana trench.
>Using massive steel cables, the probe descended down 11 kilometers below surface.
>Due to echosounders capturing strange noises and cables being stretched to capacity, the crew decided to bring the probe back up.
>The probe would not budge, as if something was holding it in it's teeth. Fight continued for 3 hours until finally probe was released.
>Probe has dents all over it as it by being bitten into by something. The hull was inspected later and a megalodon tooth was found stuck inside it.
>>
Nice source matey.
>>
>>19345758
The glomar challenger went out of service in 1983.
Before larping, or what you would this, get your facts straight.
>>
probably just meth heads hiding from daylight in the trench fucking with probes and whatnot
>>
File: 1500414203495.jpg (74KB, 677x821px) Image search: [Google]
1500414203495.jpg
74KB, 677x821px
>>19345758
Read about it, sounds neat but is most probably shitty equipment/the line getting fucked by rocks. Also hard to find big enough prey to sustain a large enough megalodon population that wouldn't inbreed itself into non-existance. SAD!
>>
>>19345921
Not siding with OP but you do realize whales exist? Their prey are very small
>>
>>19345921
Giant Squids live near/in the trench and so do sperm whales
>>
>>19345791

>The Glomar Challenger docked for the last time with the Deep Sea Drilling Project in November 1983. Parts of the ship, such as its dynamic positioning system, engine telegraph, and thruster console, are stored at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. With the advent of larger and more advanced drilling ships, the JOIDES Resolution replaced the Glomar Challenger in January 1985. The new program, called the Ocean Drilling Program (ODP), continued exploration from 1985 to 2003, at which point it was replaced by the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP).

http://www.iodp.tamu.edu/publicinfo/glomar_challenger.html

Maybe if you did slightly more research than a Google search you wouldn't be such a shill
>>
File: 1499707149709.jpg (31KB, 540x533px) Image search: [Google]
1499707149709.jpg
31KB, 540x533px
>>19345996
I mean yeah they do, there is/was a sizable population of elephants in asia and africa respectively but you don't see any predators nearly as big as them. Thats just what I'm thinking I meant no disrespect to OP I like the subject of deep sea cryptids (?) too, glad someone started a specific thread.
>>
>>19346009
The ship got scrapped 1983, faggot.
I know this is /x/, but holy shit guys.
>>
>>19345758
let's see the article that says everything you claim.
>>
no but yes yes because we've only explored like 4% of the ocean and theres a good chance its hanging out somewhere no because its really fucking old and probably didn't fuck too many ocean bitches
>>
>>19345758
The Glomar Challenger was scrapped in 1985 you Larpcuck
>>
>>19347529
How do they know it's %4 if they haven't explored it all?
Also bumping because I want giant sea monsters to be real.. from a distance. I don't want to actually meet them.
>>
>>19345758
Fucks bitches and isn't afraid of giant squid.
>>
megaladons didn't evolve to live that deep. where would they find the food to power themselves down there?
>>
>>19345758
There's a reason we don't know shit about the ocean. It's because extraterrestrials are hiding there. Gov't knows this. Read Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper.
>>
>>19347599
They know how deep it is but not worth it to go down
>>
>>19345929
>>19345996

those two and other big ass creatures eat small preys or eat smaller ones of their own kind.

Megalodon is too sharkish and big too exist
>>
>>19347830
no, its because is too expensive and you dont get shit for going down there.

You just fish the shit out of it and done
>>
>>19345758
That documentary was bullshit dude. Do some research on it. Just like the mermaid one.
>>
>>19345758
There are almost certainly many unknown or thought to be extinct species of critter in the oceans,so yeah could be but considering only a few groups are aggressively mapping and exploring the oceans it may be many years before we really know
>>
>>19348206
I think knowing is worth it. What if that's where immortality lives?
>>
>>19345758
That's from that novel Meg, you hack.
>>
When you go to /x/ and people believe in divination, demons, ghosts, skinwalkers but Megalodons. Which existed and have proof of existing but everyone thinks OP is stupid....

Is this real?
>>
>>19350803
Nobody said op is stupid
>>
File: BRAIN PROBLEMS.jpg (95KB, 455x564px) Image search: [Google]
BRAIN PROBLEMS.jpg
95KB, 455x564px
>>19350803
>>
SCP-169
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.