[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...before practicing magic i am making this post ...anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 14

File: magic-book.jpg (38KB, 837x605px) Image search: [Google]
magic-book.jpg
38KB, 837x605px
...before practicing magic i am making this post

...anything i should keep in mind or be weary of before trying my first spell?

i've heard that it is not wise to practice the occult as a noob or being misinformed but also that it can be a very good thing if done properly and if one is informed
>>
>>19342915

Remember that grounding is important. Having wizard eyes is cool and all, but your life falls apart fast when you're halfway between planes at all times.
>>
File: ancient-greece-21.jpg (106KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-greece-21.jpg
106KB, 1100x733px
>>19342924
ahh okay, i am definitely glad i've chosen to wait until i do further research...

thank you!

God bless you <3

could you provide me with more information?
>>
Tell me OP

What would you do if you split your mind into 88 different peices? How would you reassemble tourself?
>>
File: TurkyInEurope-wells-1712.jpg (94KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
TurkyInEurope-wells-1712.jpg
94KB, 600x452px
does anybody have any thoughts on the website, "spellsofmagic.com"?
>>
>>19342931

There are a few things I could teach you. I have been practicing for about a decade. What reason do you want to practice the great work? I could point you in the right direction.
>>
File: distressed female.jpg (130KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
distressed female.jpg
130KB, 620x453px
Something might happen. you have no idea.
Say nothing happens. How disappointing. But is that empirical evidence of disproof? Did you do something wrong?
What if the spell is complicated? Is it affecting something ephemeral? Will it change with or without your meddling? Are you meddling?
Did it work? Is your mind playing tricks on you?

Blessed are the madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge.
>>
File: 1314654809684-1.jpg (300KB, 640x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1314654809684-1.jpg
300KB, 640x1318px
A good starting point
>>
File: goddess-botticelli_-_aphrodite1.jpg (358KB, 1280x804px) Image search: [Google]
goddess-botticelli_-_aphrodite1.jpg
358KB, 1280x804px
>>19342936
i imagine i would have to spend some period of time living out in the wilderness fasting for a long time....i imagine i would also have to spend some period of time in mental hospitals for a good deal of time

it's probably do me some good, if i did not have more pressing matters to attend to nowadays
>>
>>19342959
lol, i am not trying to summon a Succubus
>>
File: B802152.jpg (108KB, 484x512px) Image search: [Google]
B802152.jpg
108KB, 484x512px
>>19342949
practicing magic for the sake of spiritual truth...

also interested because it is what my ancestors did

on a personal level, to settle some matters that God has informed me He possibly may not settle in this life... if i have these matters settled for myself that God will not settle in this life (God may do it for me in the next life), then i do not perceive I will have problems in my relationship with God

i have an existential crisis to overcome, and a crisis which started at my birth

i see there is much good i could do if only i had the means to do it and if only the problems which haunt me did not exist
>>
File: jehu.jpg (111KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
jehu.jpg
111KB, 800x575px
>>19342951
most people on the street who are mad have some sort of power but i find that it is not beneficial... perhaps its only purpose is to harass others and play the "penelope" or causing people to keep guessing at what they're rambling on about

(referring to homeless people who will ramble on out in the street, and say a few prophetic utterances about one's life but other than that continue on speaking gibberish...)

...sorry, i do not mean to offend... i do care for those people as well as people on 4chan... i am only being honest concerning this matter
>>
File: c01.jpg (837KB, 1099x1500px) Image search: [Google]
c01.jpg
837KB, 1099x1500px
what is "grounding"?

what is "halfway between the planes"

....thank you guys for all your help... God keep you and protect you
>>
>>19342986

The search for truth is a fool's errand. You will not find it in books, nor will you find it truly by searching. It is something which must be known and experienced; only then can the truth be known.

Look to the words of the sage Ashtavakra. His words may lead you to experience the truth.

The goal of alchemy is the same as yoga and the same as Thelema and many others. It is to understand the self, to know what one truly is -- in short, to know that "I" and "You" are the same. In truth there is no distinction, and this is not something limited to conscious beings.

Meditate on this: What is truth? Know that it must be understood in its entirety. To "know" the truth as only a part is not to know the truth, only a mere fraction of it -- and other pieces may reveal that fraction to be useless. You must comprehend the whole truth, experience the entirety, or you will have come to know nothing at all.
>>
File: 1024px-Schleiermacher-Strasbourg.jpg (108KB, 1024x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Schleiermacher-Strasbourg.jpg
108KB, 1024x1040px
>>19343030
if you have an interest in german philosophy, i perceive that you would appreciate a great deal the writings and conclusions drawn by the German philosopher Friedrich Schleiermacher

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Schleiermacher

...i've heard him described as somebody who ultimate came to believe that a human's power through emotion and feeling overpower human reasoning and does more to connect us to the universe

ty...God keep you
>>
(posted somewhere else regarding this subject)
>>
>>19342915
Don't get too full of yourself, things can always go very very wrong and we aren't as powerful as we like to think. Don't do magic to harm other beings, that shit will come back to you one way or another. Don't let your ego cloud your judgement, learn how to commune with the universal intent and will. Keep shit right in your heart, don't let your mistakes compound on top of each other until you reach disaster. You aren't going to become super saiyan in a week, it takes many steps to get somewhere. Make sure you take those steps at every opportunity, and sooner or later you will find some really cool and profound stuff. Have a wonderful journey and strive to eventually fulfill your spiritual destiny.
>>
>>19342915
Grounding is definitely important, but so is checking your doubts and fear at the door.

Doubt is a tricky thing, to believe you have to see some kind of results but if you can't believe spell-casting is damn near impossible. You need to build your confidence in what you're doing before you even cast your first spell and for that I recommend you practice energy manipulation for a while. It's pretty fundamental when practicing and it's something you can incorporate in so much of your practice and just make your spell-casting that much more solid.

Fear is even more important to cast away before you start practising. Where doubt can make your spells weak, fear can really fuck you over. Negativity calls negativity, and especially in inexperienced people from a religious background that can't get over the fear of what they're doing, this can seriously come back to bite them in the ass. Because when you're calling your fears forth, while using such a powerful medium for the first time in your life they're bound to respond. If you allow for fear, spirits might take advantage of that and give your imagination a run for its money. Unfortunately there's no quick fix for this one. You have to be brutally honest with yourself and not make any attempts at spell-casting until that fear is eliminated.

These are the biggest things if you ask me. As for tips I'd like to give you that are optional... at least at first try to go the traditional route. People will recommend chaos magic all day, but I think for chaos magic you need a firm understanding of how things work that one can only get with practice. Then you can branch out and figure out what works for you.

Look into the importance of your voice when it comes to casting, look into how to make a circle even if you don't think you'll use one (I rarely do). Get your chakras all clear, and make sure to cleanse your environment too. Don't be intimidated by religious mentions in books and spells.
>>
File: IMG_0582.jpg (87KB, 550x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.jpg
87KB, 550x338px
>>19342915
THAT YOUR SOUL WILL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL!
>>
>>19342948
It's a piece of crap. And that's me being nice about it.

>>19343002
Grounding is something you could have easily googled, but it's basically opening up yourself to everything around you, letting your energy mesh with the world, flowing freely through you.

Don't worry about "halfway between the planes" yet. Might not even be relevant to your practice but if you're curious the place to start is looking into astral projection.

Also why are you showing is Greece?
>>
File: Magic isn't real.jpg (99KB, 497x652px) Image search: [Google]
Magic isn't real.jpg
99KB, 497x652px
>>19342915
>>
>>19342959
Has anyone successfully done this?
I am throughly intrigued.
>>
Can anyone tell me what someone owning an arthana would imply? Possibly in the satanic sense, or not, either or?
>>
>>19342915
>hi x! I'm new. Tips plz
Okay... You gotta remember that there are corrupted and degraded and corroded minds here. They be giving you cool advice and shit. You gotta see thru the shit and actually understand what is being said. Even the finest suggestions can posses subtle diverting forces.

>read the comment
>feel the comment
>read between lines
Make analysis from these before you decide that it's good to intake advice.
>>
>>19342915
>weary
I think you mean wary.

>i've heard that it is not wise to practice the occult as a noob or being misinformed but also that it can be a very good thing if done properly and if one is informed
I'm not a practitioner myself, but this seems like sound advice. Might as well learn how to actually do it and avoid stumbling around in the dark.

Also, don't bite off more than you can chew. Start simple. Just my observation from every other thing anyone has ever done. You don't start your first swimming lessons by crossing the English Channel.
>>
>>19342915
>anything i should keep in mind or be weary of before trying my first spell?

Yes. Beware of fluff bunnies. There are a lot of them. These are people who pretend to know what they say, but in reality are completely ignorant.

Also, the new age section of the book store is a great place to start, but unless you enjoy novelty. The contents and products are not worth purchasing. Just skim and find phrases and words that you can then research, to discover more.
>>
>>19342924
DONT YOU DARE TALK SHIT ABOUT WIZARD EYES. I WAS BORN WITH THEM THEY HELP ME SEE THE MUNDANE AS ART. AND GOD DAMN IT IF I GO MAD, I'D BE OKAY WITH IT.
>>
>>19343922
Dubs of truth!
Fear and doubt are unwanted things. For me fear is straight forward thing: Don't be afraid ever whatever the situation your in.

Doubt... Fuck mang... This one is hard! Magician needs this kind of fools trust on his/her task. But if you are too sure on things you might go wrong direction. Keeping a good analysis on what ur about to do and what you did is important. But... Too much could give room for doubt.

Grounding? Easiest way to understand this is like when you start doing magick you open "door". When you are done just remember to close it. If you keep "doors" open all the time you start losing perspective of this reality.
>friend: U know what's the difference between shaman and madman?
>me: Do tell!
>F: Shaman knows what's going on. Madmen don't.

Energy work... Yeah it is important. I've done less than 20 spells in these past five years. Mostly I've done energy training. Makes things easier when you know how and where to direct energy / mana.

Lastly: Choose any kind of style like goetia, chaos, enochian, shamanism or what ever feels close and study it hard. Meditation can give you always good stuff.
We are here to give you perspective. Its up to you how you understand your self. What works for me doesn't mean it works for you.
>>
>>19344081
Triggered easily r ya? Take a chill pill baby.
>>
>>19344133
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR DUBS. I'M JUST UPSET THAT WIZARD EYES IS A FAIRLY OBVIOUS PHRASE BECAUSE I GENUINELY THOUGHT I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO THINK IT.

A FUCKING CARTOON DID IT AND NOW YOU. I'M JUST UPSET THAT HALF OF MY ORIGINAL THOUGHTS AREN'T ACTUALLY ORIGINAL.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.