[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do some people think that the ancients had high technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: childress-david.jpg (22KB, 610x409px) Image search: [Google]
childress-david.jpg
22KB, 610x409px
why do some people think that the ancients had high technology even though there's absolutely no evidence for it?
>>
>>19342903
Why do some people think they didn't is the real question.
>>
>>19342942
can you provide an example as to why you feel that way?
>>
>>19342903
>able to construct megalithic structures to a level of accuracy surpassing our own in the present time

hmmm...
>>
>>19342903
Research the subject if you want the answer, being proud of your own ignorance isn't an argument.
>>
puma punka seriously made me think

there is no way to cut stone even in modern times the way they cut that shit thousands and thousands of years ago.

Also all the giant stepping stones and walls in Russia.... utterly impossible for even 100 men to lift and place stones like that in the middle of Siberia. And those stone domes that pocket the Siberian Tundra that kill you with radiation or something if you spend too long inside them....
>>
>>19342992
if there was actual evidence I'd research it, so far none has been found
>>
File: aku_chicken.jpg (257KB, 1046x1205px) Image search: [Google]
aku_chicken.jpg
257KB, 1046x1205px
>>19342903
My thoughts on the matter:

1). We're a project of some kind.

2). Early civilization was given a simple, but robust structure by "gods".

3). Slavery was actually an exercise in running an economy. This is suggested by the abundance of resources elsewhere in the solar system that can be obtained much more efficiently, and without the time consuming burdon of developing semi-sentient beasts of burden. It is reasonable to assume that early Humans were not capable of understanding the concepts required to operate an economy with virtual captial (fiat money), so when valuable physical resources became scarce or difficult to manufacture, the only viable option to keep the society running was forced labor. Slavery economies necessitate a class structure, which rulership consistently below the "godhead" and very close to it.

4). Early structures built here by "the gods" were kept simple on purpose, though some advanced tools might have been used. It is reasonable to assume they didn't deploy teams large or careless enough to risk losing tools (drill bits, etc...) in the dirt.

5). We've been discovered by other species who may not be interested in abiding by some kind of treaty or laws put in place in the interest of project success. It is also possible that we are regularly encountered by curious passers-by who aren't aware of the experimental nature of developments here, and proceed to go carelessly snooping around. Some might have been shot down to their surprise, leading to localized contamination and perhaps brief, but violent retaliation.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>19342982
>>able to construct megalithic structures to a level of accuracy surpassing our own in the present time
>to a level of accuracy surpassing our own in the present time

not necessarily true
>>
>>19342996
>there is no way to cut stone even in modern times

That is not fucking true at all, watch stone masonry videos on youtube.
>>
They're deeply insecure, and believing in things that smart people don't believe gives them a false sense of superiority.
>>
why do people like this
>>19342982
>>19342996
just spout nonsense without any evidence to back it up? what causes these people to be so fucking dumb?
>>
>>19343043
Please provide modern examples of masonry on par (in scale and precision) with that of puma punku
>>
>>19343028
Fallen Angels
>>
>>19342903

Earth is 4.5 billions yrs old. It's very possible several civilizations rose and fell with all evidence of their existance being completely wiped away over a few hundred thousand years. It's even possible that one made it to space, and may still be out there exploring, or destroyed in some galactic catastrophe they failed to protect themselves from.
>>
>>19343104
>all evidence of their existance being completely wiped away

how convenient for you
>>
>>19343113

Not really if you're looking for concrete evidence. Eventually something will cause the downfall of us and in a hundred thousand years the next dominant species will evlove to start again. As long as some form of basic life and water exists on this planet something will evolve here.
>>
>>19342903
Because I was an Atlantean and I saw the world change after it fell into the sea. Those mutherfuckers built space ships out of giant stone crystals. They were advanced as fuck.
>>
>>19343113
except for the thousands of stone structures, inexplicable tools and artifacts, mythology of all ancient peoples relying entirely on the supernatural and the fact that metal and bones are so easily corroded.
>>
>>19342903
At least watch The Pyramid Code
>>
>>19343052
They saw it on the history channel so it must be true.
>>
>>19343174
I tried but I couldn't listen to that cunt's voice
>>
File: 1415305272796.jpg (141KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1415305272796.jpg
141KB, 1533x961px
>>19342903
Why wouldn't a highly advanced civilization make all of their tech biodegradable?
>>
>>19342903
>absolutely no evidence
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/decoding-antikythera-mechanism-first-computer-180953979/
>>
>>19343185
Why couldn't there be a teapot floating in space, so small no one can see it?
>>
File: 38113-fotografia-g.jpg (88KB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
38113-fotografia-g.jpg
88KB, 550x308px
>>19342903
>No evidence.
>>
File: 1499916696137s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499916696137s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>19343184
>>
>>19342996
>puma punka

Was man made. The site it littered with casting stones, unfinished stones, and stones that have drag marks. Man has been cutting shaping, and polishing stone since time immemorial and we know how it was done in almost ever instant. We've been moving those stones just as long too.
>>
>>19343284
>hurrr fug you they had lasers and levitation machines durrrrrrrr
>>
>>19342903
It's just fad "science." People love this shit because it helps them feel like they know something more than everyone else does.

A good video against the entire series can be found here: https://youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ
>>
File: reconstruccion-puma-punku-kiss.jpg (77KB, 480x467px) Image search: [Google]
reconstruccion-puma-punku-kiss.jpg
77KB, 480x467px
>>19343284
We aren't sure how they did it, barely how we'll done it.
>>
>>19343338
ancient man was a lot more capable than we give them credit for. but it's still not enough to make me believe they had lasers and high tech gadgets to help them build shit.
>>
>>19343113
That's literally what's gonna happen with modern society

>everything is digital
>books and knowledge digitized
>people dumber than ever
>nuclear war
>servers down
>knowledge is lost
>civilization destroyed
>cities get covered
>progress becames slow again
>nuclear winter = ice age again

The idea that humanity did advance before and self destroyed is plausible without resorting to ayy lmaos, gods nor anything paranormal.
>>
>>19342903
Plato's Atlantis Fanfiction. See Ignatius L. Donnelly.
>>
>>19342903
why do some people think pendulums fucking talk to them?
>>
>>19343100
While I follow some of these theories for pure entertainment, I don't subscribe to the idea of "angels" in the biblical sense (the bible has been mutilated so many times throughout history it resembles more of an incoherent ancient tabloid than a guidebook). At this point in our development, formal visitation should have already been recorded and repeated many times over, so I tend to believe that we are:

* An experiment that has been contaminated.
* Forever alone because FTL travel is physically impossible for fleshlings
* In an ancestor simulation
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.