[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Made in the image of God" This implies that "God"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: gate.jpg (97KB, 670x681px) Image search: [Google]
gate.jpg
97KB, 670x681px
"Made in the image of God"
This implies that "God" created us as little idols of himself, with the perverse commandment to become his slaves and obey his every whim and endure his bloody tyranny, all while singing him endless praise.
He forbids his self-idols to idolize themselves.

For those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
>>
>>19339582
You forgot that God isn't a person like us, He is perfect, hence creating "little idols of himself" isn't the same as one human would
>>
>>19339582
didnt "made in gods image" implied that he gave us free will
>>
>>19339582
When was the last time God told you what to do? Did you have to do it?
>>
>>19339582
Because he loves us, he gave us free will and ability to sin. We were decieved by Lucifer, and have always believes his lies. Without the ability to sin, we would be truely be slaves.
Don't fall into the Lucifer Gnostic trap, it always goes back to the Garden of Eden in the end.
>>
File: 1485283850897.jpg (374KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
1485283850897.jpg
374KB, 1180x664px
Our slave masters wrote the Bible. Civilization is a prison. Nature is God's true word. The animals will inherit the Earth when we have destroyed ourselves.
>>
What are you 12?
>>
>>19339670
Does no one get it?

"God" was not "God", that god was merely an advanced entity, whether inter dimensional or alien, who the fuck knows, but it had knowledge, power, and dominion over earth and humanity...

Thus perversion of religion, one of the main structures of control.

Unless you think man could do this to man, unaided...

And if OP thinks this is in favour against "God" - as in the All That Is, Source, Creation, all and nothing - it only further illustrates how the actual God is so grandeur, it is beyond our grasp and human understanding, and it wouldn't necessitate the daily affairs and interactions of humans like on a chess board
>>
Nice basic reddit atheist tier understanding of Christian theology. Try reading the bible properly instead of picking holes in parts out of context.
>>
>>19340081
Not quite sure OP is an atheist...

I've read the Bible, it's based on books, these are foundation principles, if these can be picked apart, then it stands to reason the whole Bible is faulty as fuck
>>
Haha. I didn't think this post would even get a response.

Fun fact: I was raised in a hardcore fundamentalist sect of Xtianity and I know the Bible backwards and forwards, inside and outside, because I was completely brainwashed until about the age of 17. These guys are like one step from Wahhabists for reference.

I am 27 years old. Just a thought that I sussed out and decided to post here to see reactions. So far, quite intriguing.
>>
>>19340172
Why argue for the sake of argument?
Like the other guy said, God isn't a tyrant, he literally isn't forcing you to do shit.
>>
>>19340206

And who is "God"?
>>
>>19340236
Good question.
>>
>>19339582
>God
Found your problem
>>
>>19340206

What's wrong with arguing for the sake of argument? I think it's fun.
>>
>>19339749
Consider free will. The definition of 'free' wouldn't exist without God making it so. If God truly is the origin of all, that means EVERYTHING that exists or will exist came from him. Implying ideas and concepts as well. Ergo, God creating and giving humans free will gave them the option to HAVE options, but for evil, sin, deceit, etc. to have even been options, they must have been brought into existence before we could choose to go down that path. I get it, in the beginning there was God and depending on what you believe, all of His heavenly host as well, including Lucifer, or he created all the Angels including Lucifer-- Meaning he had to create the idea, the concept of evil for it to even exist no matter which way you look at it, because in all texts although Lucifer is opposer to God, but he's almost never fully equal with the one true God. He's more often portrayed as equal to a high-ranking archangel such as Michael. This implies that God MUST have created evil in order for it to even be an option to choose from even given our free will.
>>19340068
I like your style of thinking.
>>
>>19340247
>Consider free will. The definition of 'free' wouldn't exist without God making it so.
So God is right because he says so?

>If God truly is the origin of all, that means EVERYTHING that exists or will exist came from him. Implying ideas and concepts as well.
Without the freedom to create new ideas, are you truly free?

>Ergo, God creating and giving humans free will gave them the option to HAVE options, but for evil, sin, deceit, etc. to have even been options, they must have been brought into existence before we could choose to go down that path. I get it, in the beginning there was God and depending on what you believe, all of His heavenly host as well, including Lucifer, or he created all the Angels including Lucifer-- Meaning he had to create the idea, the concept of evil for it to even exist no matter which way you look at it, because in all texts although Lucifer is opposer to God, but he's almost never fully equal with the one true God. He's more often portrayed as equal to a high-ranking archangel such as Michael. This implies that God MUST have created evil in order for it to even be an option to choose from even given our free will.

That's quite a bit of hearsay you're reciting.
There's a Bible verse about this very subject that may interest you.

Isaiah 45:7
>>
>>19340081
Is there anything more pathetic than B-B-BUT M-MUH CONTEXT arguments from christfags?
>>
>>19340293
Solid argument you have there.
>>
>>19340081
>Nice basic reddit atheist tier understanding

Are you saying that the first christians (gnositcs) had a basic reddit atheist tier understanding of the religion? Their theology is the most complex shit you can find.
>>
>>19340272
>So God is right because he says so?
I didn't argue that. What I'm saying is, from the belief of Judeo-Christians, for anything to exist, God must have made it so, being the Creator of everything.

>Without the freedom to create new ideas, are you truly free?
You're thinking right, now. Any idea that we create cannot truly be 'new' in a literal sense if you believe God to be Omniscient and Omnipotent. In Him, everything that ever existed or ever will exist, exists and will exist forever and yadda yadda.

>Isaiah 45:7
Hearsay? In the passage, God's own word, he states that He created evil. You contradict yourself.
>>
>>19340081
>try reading the bible PROPERLY instead of picking holes in parts out of context.
You're right, he's totally reading the book wrong. You're supposed to cherrypick the good sounding parts, not cherrypick the bad sounding parts.
>>
>>19340309
>God's own word

But its not and never was. What don't Christfags get about the fact the bible was written and edited by man?
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord.png (445KB, 513x683px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord.png
445KB, 513x683px
>>19339582
>This implies that "God" created us as little idols of himself, with the perverse commandment to become his slaves and obey his every whim and endure his bloody tyranny, all while singing him endless praise.
>He forbids his self-idols to idolize themselves.

You're not made in the image of God - the Jewish book is a hoax like Jesus said and it's always been that way and always will be that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA
>>
>>19340339
Then you must make your belief clear beforehand that you speak of the one true God. This conversation was about the Judeo-Christian God of this earth. Take that to mean what you will.
>>
File: 1500894098054.jpg (336KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500894098054.jpg
336KB, 1024x835px
>>
Hey OP.

The Hebrew bible that became the OT was copied from Sumerian Tablets.

I will show you some examples of how they used this kind of Language.

See, the one that you call Lord of the Garden is really one of the Anunnaki, he is Enlil.

`````````````````

In our image and after our likeness to be, perchance an Anunnaki womb is required!
In the House of Life there was silence; words never before heard Enki was uttering!
They gazed at each other, about what in each other's mind they were thinking.
Wise are your words, my brother! Ninmah at long last was saying.
Perchance the right admixture in the wrong womb was inserted;
Now where is the female among the Anunnaki her womb to offer,
Perchance the perfect Primitive Worker to create, perchance a monster in her belly to carry?
So was Ninmah with a trembling voice saying.

To Ninki, the spouse of Enki, she the newborn handed, to be suckled, nourished, and raised.
A name will you give her? Enki of his spouse inquired. A Being she is, not a creature.
In your image she is and after your likeness,
Perfectly she is fashioned, a model for female workers you have attained!
Ninki cast her hand upon the newborn's body, with her fingers her skin she caressed.
Ti-Amat let her name be, the Mother of Life! Ninki was saying.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
12KB, 320x180px
>>19340433
A Civilized Man have I brought forth! to lsimud he was saying.
A new kind of Earthling from my seed has been created, in my image and after my likeness!
From seed they food will grow, from ewes sheep they will shepherd,
Anunnaki and Earthlings henceforth shall be satiated!

I have come to fetch the Earthling Adapa! So to the leaders he said.
The leaders to Ilabrat Adapa presented; Titiand her sons to him they also showed.
Indeed, in our image and after our likeness they are! So did Ilabrat say.
To Ilabrat Ningishzidda and Dumuzi, sons of Enki, were presented.

What my father once had said, I with my own eyes witnessed:
Step by step on this planet a Primitive Being, one like us to be, we have created,
In our image and in our likeness Civilized Earthling is, except for the long life, he is we!
>>
File: Bones_logo.jpg (61KB, 346x328px) Image search: [Google]
Bones_logo.jpg
61KB, 346x328px
See Enlil as the Lord of the Garden is the one of the Archons that wanted to kick us out of the Garden.

He feared that we would also eat from the Tree of Life and gain the same longevity as them.

``````````````

Genesis 3:22

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

`````````````````````````````````

Sumerian Tablet

Now the last bits of our life essence to these creatures you have given,
To be like us in procreation knowing, perchance our life cycles on them to bestow!
Thus did Enlil with angry words speak.
Enki Ninmah and Ningishzidda summoned, with words Enlil to pacify.
My lord Enlil! Ningishzidda was saying. Knowing for procreation they were given,
The branch of Long Living, to their essence tree was not!
>>
This board is rotted with atheists pretending not to be atheists. I have nothing against atheists, but everything against spiritually dishonest people. You realize that crypto-atheism fuels negative stereotypes of atheists, right? It's unethical conduct engaged in by people who claim that they don't need souls to have ethics.
You're not going to prove your virtue with lies. I don't care if you believe, but even for the sake of the irreligious world you long for, you need to stop larping as believers.
>>
>>19340456
I'm not atheist, I posted this.
>>19340423
I've met other people who believe similar things in my life. I believe this because of some experiences I've had, the same went for others.
>>
File: tenor.gif (664KB, 498x342px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
664KB, 498x342px
>>19340309

And that belief exists because....?

And we know this God is omniscient and omnipotent because....?

Why do you choose to worship a "God" who creates evil? I contradict nothing. I don't bow to him. And neither should you.

Belief =/= Proof
>>
>>19339582
Infinity or not, something that makes that much hell is filled with way too much malice to legitimately love anything.
>>
Also I am a Gnostic theist. I had an agnostic phase but I grew out of it.
>>
I'm pretty convinced Abrahamic religions are for people that do not think too deeply.
>>
>>19340506
It's devil worship.
>>
>>19340485
I am not bowing and it is far from what you think it to be based on traditional religion, because religion is based on faith. My devotion is based on a deeper understanding rather than blind and desperate hope. It's based the awareness that religion is the roadblock for spiritual growth. But if you are still blinded by the veil, only your own personal exploration of the higher realms can influence your standpoint on this, so there's nothing to do except stimulate that desire and hope one acts on it.
>>
>>19339742
Spot on. He gave us free will for a reason.
>>
>>19340513

I completely agree.

Are you Christian or not though? I'm a little confused now.
>>
>>19340521
I am not. I know truth. I see truth.
I'm not subject to this cultivation of virgin souls. Give me more credit than that.
>>
>>19339582
Fucking moron, God is the experience and we're experience experieng experience so God "created us in his own image"
>Go back to school
>>
>>19339670
"Nothing" is perfect, "Nothing" is also Infinite, so God is the infinity of nothingness.
>>
>>19340844
Experiencing*
>>
>>19340837
The "Devil" is the fall from nothingness.
So my question for you guys is who or what "shook the boat" so to speak
>>
>>19340856
Nothing is real therefore there is only nothing.
>>
File: IMG_4091.jpg (70KB, 590x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4091.jpg
70KB, 590x334px
>>19339582
I think this can be interpreted as the image of God or the universe, repeating infinitely from the infinite macrocosm to the smallest microcosm.
>lawofone.info
>[...]Entrance into incarnation requires the investment or activation of the indigo-ray or etheric body for this is the form maker. The young or small physical mind/body/spirit complex has the seven energy centers potentiated before the birthing process. There are also analogs in time/space of these energy centers corresponding to the seven energy centers in each of the seven true-color densities. Thus in the microcosm exists all the experience that is prepared. It is as though the infant contains the universe.
All is one, and we are individualized portions of the one inifine creator experiencing itself, through our free will and the illusion of separation (to make free will truly free). There is a lot more in the law of one cosmology, like densities or stages of evolution, that mirror the chakras. We are in third of self awareness, choice (through the veil or forgetting, or the illusion of separation).
>>
>>19340911
The idea of everything bein an illusion is pretty cool... it's the same as this >>19340962 and I think is present in several religions, sometimes referred to as the maya for example in Hinduism and Buddhism. The difference being behind the illusion there is "unity" and all, instead of nothing.
>82.6 Questioner: That’s what I thought you might say. Am I correct in assuming that at the beginning of this octave, out of what I would call a void of space, the seeds of an infinite number of galactic systems such as the Milky Way Galaxy appeared and grew in spiral fashion simultaneously?
>Ra: I am Ra. There are duple areas of potential confusion. Firstly, let us say that the basic concept is reasonably well-stated. Now we address the confusion. The nature of true simultaneity is such that, indeed, all is simultaneous. However, in your modes of perception you would perhaps more properly view the seeding of the creation as that of growth from the center or core outward. The second confusion lies in the term, ‘void’. We would substitute the noun, ‘plenum’.
>plenum.
Pretty interesting thought though imho!
>>
>>19340911
Infinite nothing inside infinite nothing etc?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.