[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp, I'm going to be a father, so it got me thinking-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Welp, I'm going to be a father, so it got me thinking-

When does the soul actually "enter" or bind itself to the physical body?

What does "baptism" *actually* do to the soul? I think it must have great significance as our ancestors have been performing similar rituals for far longer than the Christian idea of baptism.
>>
>>19336111
Hey congratulations man. Also, idk

Sick trips tho
>>
The soul 'enters' A physical body as you produce sperm.

Baptism just makes your baby's head wet for a bit.
>>
>>19336111
Souls are a work of fiction, they don't exist in a literal form. I know it's fun to pretend, it's fun to believe in this stupid fairy tale shit, but it's not true. If you believe souls are a thing, you're mentally ill. I also hope your son dies in the womb.
>>
>>19336111
Congrats op. I have no idea when a soul enters the body, But I want to say the moment of conception. It animates the inanimate. Everything from a blade of grass to the bird soaring in the sky has a sliver of life in it.

The atheists and none spiritual will tell you otherwise, But you can pretty much safely ignore them. In fact, people like >>19336187
need more love than anyone else.
>>
>>19336111
The soul enters the body when the heart's electro-magnetic field is able to keep it "locked in"
>>
>>19336187
>I also hope your son dies in the womb.
If anyone is mentally ill it's you.
>>
>>19336187
This post made me kek
>>
>>19336187
This, but more like souls are a metaphor for something we can't really understand. It is "true" in the sense that your experience would work accordingly as you believe humans have souls. In fact, your whole experience right know is a metaphor, you are imagining you are a person, in a shared world, posting on 4chan, but there's essentially nothing behind that, it's just awareness what your experience is made of. You could say this life is like a "stuck" or "persistent" dream.
>>
>>19336111
Congratulations anon, I'm super jelly!!! In terms of the past lives/reincarnation concept, I know that some belief systems hold that we are constantly 'reborn' into our own families; for example maybe your best friend in this life was your parent in the past. I always liked this idea, I think it's pretty cute.
>>
It's okay to get an abortion still. There is no soul in that creature yet.
>>
I have a friend who has a vivid memory of watching himself as a young child, 3 or 4, running in circles in his living room and descending into his body. The guy has never lied to me once and he isn't very religious so this memory conflicts with his understanding of the world, leading me to believe it is either at a young age when memories start forming, or he had an incredibly vivid dream as a child that imprinted on his memory.
>>
>>19336111
It's always there and everything has one.
>>
>>19336960
I've heard more than 1 soul can reside in 1 body. They "meld" together.
>>
>>19336111
it may be at 49 days
that's when the pineal gland develops
>>
>>19336111

"I" was the evil twinkle in my father's eyes when he first laid them on my mother.
>>
Every cradle is also a grave.
>>
>>19336111

Contrats my dude, the book DMT: The spirit molecule goes into it a little bit if I'm remembering correctly, either way its a good read and I recommend it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.