[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been invited by a friend to volunteer for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: nithyananda.png (559KB, 703x700px) Image search: [Google]
nithyananda.png
559KB, 703x700px
I've been invited by a friend to volunteer for something called Inner Awakening by a indian guru called Nithyananda.

Apparently Nithyananda can heal people of anything, make one see out of their third eye, open the chakras, cause one to levitate and have out of body experiences.

Many people live at his ashram for free, they volunteer their time (have specific jobs) and live there for free with all meals & necessities provided for. He apparently feeds thousands of people daily for free, anyone who is hungry.

Has anyone ever met a India guru before? Is this guy legit? How am I to know if this is a cult or not?
>>
>>19335071
Coming from a western background, I've personally never felt a connection with the Indian styles of /x/ topics. Maybe its my own bias, but I've never been able to see the value in such things, it just seems like another religion. Religions have value, but not for moi.

My suggestion with this though?
Go along, and see for yourself. Make the decision before you get roped into anything further, and always have a plan of escape, or do not go back there once you've been there one time. But if he is legit, and actually changes you, it might be worth spending a little time there.
Experience it, and make your own mind up.
>>
Dude its a cult, You dont need any spiritual leader to do that stuff.
>>
>>19335071
Visit the place. Then look into their organisation. If their activities are centered around only yoga, there's no harm. It's claimed in Vedas that there are 8 levels of yoga, and achieving perfection in each level earns you 8 extra sensory perception of the world. 64 in total.
>>
>>19335071
fraud
dont trust him
>>
>Nithyananda
Sounds south Indian. If its "Nityananda"(without an "H" after "Nit"), go ahead, otherwise bail. South indian "gurus" are known for scams and gimmicks
>>
>>19335087
You can't do that stuff in general, you mentally ill fuck.
>>
>>19335071
Yeah, I've seen his youtube channel. Definitely some worth in what he's doing, as well as some legitimacy to the practices he recommends but the amount of money he asks for people to participate is very questionable. If you have a chance to go definitely do so, but do keep an eye out. Reporting back would also be nice of you.
>>
>>19335071
I will say one thing... DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS
>>
lmao how come all them pajeet hindoo gurus look like bearded ladys even if they dont have a beard
>>
Wouldn't venture outside the four authorized sampradayas.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/four_sampradayas.htm
>>
Avoid at all costs. Nithyananda is a charlatan.

Take it from someone with authentic spiritual teachers. They do in fact exist, but Nithyananda is not one of them. Stay very far away.

Anyway, trust your own intuition. If you want to, go to the event and see for yourself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.